Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work 09:19 - May 7 with 13965 viewsNeedhamChris

Calling Scousers bin dippers and throwing insults their way over on twitter.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:01 - May 7 with 3402 viewsITFC_Blood

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 09:43 - May 7 by Pinewoodblue

Wonder if he will go to Everton away next season.

Nope been there awful ground no interest

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:02 - May 7 with 3398 viewsITFC_Blood

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 09:46 - May 7 by SitfcB

You know you don’t have to go into the city? Can just go in and out for the game.

They don’t walk round the city just boo’ing and jeering everyone

In pretty sure they do lol

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:03 - May 7 with 3388 viewsITFC_Blood

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 09:55 - May 7 by brazil1982

Choreographed, the club knew what the reaction would be.

100 per cent that statement on Friday set the tone

Not the clubs fault tho never is

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:08 - May 7 with 3348 viewsleitrimblue

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 09:34 - May 7 by ITFC_Blood

Blinkered?

By accepting such a sign if dis respect.

I’m sure the ones who jeered will still want their benefits on Monday.

Understandable, no one likes parasitic families sucking money from the taxpayer...
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:08 - May 7 with 3348 viewsmrshallisfit

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 09:40 - May 7 by ITFC_Blood

So another factual post you don’t like

Maybe you should support liverpool

Who is this guy? He really isn't the sharpest chisel in the box is he.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 10:09]
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:12 - May 7 with 3326 viewsleitrimblue

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:08 - May 7 by mrshallisfit

Who is this guy? He really isn't the sharpest chisel in the box is he.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 10:09]

I'd say he's just on a high about getting tomorrow off school
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:13 - May 7 with 3308 viewsmrshallisfit

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:08 - May 7 by leitrimblue

Understandable, no one likes parasitic families sucking money from the taxpayer...

I think that may whoooosh dear little ITFC Blood.
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:19 - May 7 with 3271 viewsDJR

Some shockingly bigoted and stereotypical comments about an entire city and its people on this thread, prompted by the behaviour of football fans who are hardly paragons of virtue.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 10:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:28 - May 7 with 3210 viewsNeedhamChris

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:19 - May 7 by DJR

Some shockingly bigoted and stereotypical comments about an entire city and its people on this thread, prompted by the behaviour of football fans who are hardly paragons of virtue.

Yeah, I made an assumption that cruncher would be in the minority here - bit disappointing.

I heard a few town fans singing the Fashanu song after Charlton on the Cambridge train, as you say best not to judge a town or it's people by it's football fans

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:32 - May 7 with 3190 viewsNeedhamChris

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 09:45 - May 7 by StokieBlue

I'm not sure "horrible place and people" is much of an opinion - more a targeted insult based on some socioeconomic factors not entirely in their control.

Not all opinions are equal, it's one of the biggest problem in our society that many seem to think they are. One shouldn't automatically respect someone else's opinion if it's not rooted in evidence.

SB

Ignoring your views on some of my flawed football opinions over the season, couldn't agree with you more.

The need to treat every view as equal to the opposing view has been eating away at our society from the inside out

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:32 - May 7 with 3174 viewsRyorry

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:19 - May 7 by DJR

I thought the forum really great over the last couple of months, shame to see a couple of threads letting that down (incl the one you mentioned that was pulled).

And feel uneasy about a fan posting comments on a different platform being called out for those comments on TWTD when he's not on here to defend himself.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Talk about cutting off yer nose to spite your face on 10:34 - May 7 with 3164 viewsDyland

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 09:30 - May 7 by ITFC_Blood

Maybe the minority ruin a good city then

I have no interest in the place. One ground I wouldn’t go to if we went up

Pretty ignorant attitude man.

On a related note, one doesn't have to be a flag waving, tuneless-anthem-yelling monarchist to be a patriot ya know. Likewise, booing the national anthem doesn't make you a traitor, not these days. It's more a political comment with regard LFC. Honestly don't know why people who have nothing to do with it get upset about it. I couldn't give a hoot either way, except for protecting freedom of expression (yours too of course).

I'm not a republican eveb, but am not interested in tub thumping nationalism (minority possibly), and really not interested in fawning over or even watching/listening to a bunch of privileged bods. And I don't dislike them either. Such is the duality of the human condition.

Whatever, COYFB.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:39 - May 7 with 3116 viewsNeedhamChris

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:32 - May 7 by Ryorry

I thought the forum really great over the last couple of months, shame to see a couple of threads letting that down (incl the one you mentioned that was pulled).

And feel uneasy about a fan posting comments on a different platform being called out for those comments on TWTD when he's not on here to defend himself.

Cruncher has deliberately attempted to become a Town celebrity - so I don't think it's unfair to discuss them on here whether he is here or not.

There are views on lots of people on here, politicians, celebs, players etc - we don't insist on a right of reply for them

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:43 - May 7 with 3079 viewsnoggin

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:39 - May 7 by NeedhamChris

Cruncher has deliberately attempted to become a Town celebrity - so I don't think it's unfair to discuss them on here whether he is here or not.

There are views on lots of people on here, politicians, celebs, players etc - we don't insist on a right of reply for them

Indeed. If he's going to present himself as an Ipswich fan, he should be called out by other ITFC fans when he lets us down.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:17 - May 7 with 2994 viewsNeedhamChris

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:43 - May 7 by noggin

Indeed. If he's going to present himself as an Ipswich fan, he should be called out by other ITFC fans when he lets us down.

Yep, exactly.

If you swapped Scouser for a country it'd be clearly unacceptable but there seems to be an acceptance that it's fine to insult half a million people because they're from Liverpool.

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:22 - May 7 with 2973 viewsmutters

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 09:23 - May 7 by ITFC_Blood

If it’s about them booing the anthem then good

Horrible place and people

Having lived in Liverpool for many years I completely disagree with your statement.

Have you actually spent any time in the city getting to know the people or did you just read the Sun newspaper to get your opinion?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:25 - May 7 with 2947 viewsEly_Blue

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 09:27 - May 7 by ITFC_Blood

Here we go

An opinion different to you and it’s not allowed

It’s called respect. However with Liverpool it won’t be their fault, they will blame some one else.

I’m assuming you know their reasoning behind not supporting the monarchy? Note Henderson sung the anthem but the scouser in the team TAA didn’t, do you want to pile in on him too, it’s a free country and the scousers are entitled to do what they want imho

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:26 - May 7 with 2947 viewsSkip_Intro

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:22 - May 7 by mutters

Having lived in Liverpool for many years I completely disagree with your statement.

Have you actually spent any time in the city getting to know the people or did you just read the Sun newspaper to get your opinion?

I lived and worked there too. Great city and lovely people but many of them could start an argument in an empty room and don't like authority.
Not condoning or criticising what they did - I have happy memories of the place and the people.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 11:26]
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:31 - May 7 with 2891 viewsmrshallisfit

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:28 - May 7 by NeedhamChris

Yeah, I made an assumption that cruncher would be in the minority here - bit disappointing.

I heard a few town fans singing the Fashanu song after Charlton on the Cambridge train, as you say best not to judge a town or it's people by it's football fans

We do have our own gammon heads and steak and chippers.
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:34 - May 7 with 2873 viewsmrshallisfit

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 10:39 - May 7 by NeedhamChris

As my late grandmother used to say:- The emptiest vessels make the most sound.
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:46 - May 7 with 2823 viewsnrb1985

As I may have mentioned here in the past due growing up nearby, Chelsea are my “second” team and there’s a big cohort in my family who go home and away.

I have been to enough Chelsea Liverpool games both at the bridge and on ocassion at anfield to know there is a significant minority of their fans in who are horrendous pieces of work.

Won’t go into details but my main issue still centers around them turning up at the bridge with a dozens of them without tickets and trying to go in two at at time. That is straight from someone who oversees strewarding at the club. No doubt these prats also have the #JFT97 in their Twitter bios too.

Every team has their wronguns but the romanticism with which that club and their following are viewed is vomit inducing. As somebody else posted in this thread - it’s never their fault…
[Post edited 7 May 2023 11:47]
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 12:03 - May 7 with 2782 viewsnoggin

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:46 - May 7 by nrb1985

As I may have mentioned here in the past due growing up nearby, Chelsea are my “second” team and there’s a big cohort in my family who go home and away.

I have been to enough Chelsea Liverpool games both at the bridge and on ocassion at anfield to know there is a significant minority of their fans in who are horrendous pieces of work.

Won’t go into details but my main issue still centers around them turning up at the bridge with a dozens of them without tickets and trying to go in two at at time. That is straight from someone who oversees strewarding at the club. No doubt these prats also have the #JFT97 in their Twitter bios too.

Every team has their wronguns but the romanticism with which that club and their following are viewed is vomit inducing. As somebody else posted in this thread - it’s never their fault…
[Post edited 7 May 2023 11:47]

"Every team has their wronguns"

None more so than Chelsea.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 12:26 - May 7 with 2739 viewsDJR

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 12:03 - May 7 by noggin

Yep, back in the 70s when hooliganism was probably at its worst, it was always the London fans that seemed to cause more mayhem in the North Stand than fans of northern clubs. And in those days Man U's fans had a much worse reputation than Liverpool's.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 12:31]
Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 12:34 - May 7 with 2689 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 11:26 - May 7 by Skip_Intro

I lived and worked there too. Great city and lovely people but many of them could start an argument in an empty room and don't like authority.
Not condoning or criticising what they did - I have happy memories of the place and the people.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 11:26]

I've had some good times up there visiting Anfield. Probably the most generous and genuine set of fans I've me (albeit I've not met that many). Years back (well it would have to be wouldn't it!), I was stuck at the railway station, a couple of L'pool fans waved me into their cab and then gave me a tour of the local pubs around the ground. I did briefly wonder whether they were leading me off to get mugged lol, but it turned out to be one of the best pre-matches I've had.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 12:40 - May 7 with 2672 viewsnrb1985

Cruncher being cruncher, he really is a piece of work on 12:03 - May 7 by noggin

I would argue none more so than the club that got English clubs banned from Europe for 5 years no?!

Good effort though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024