Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posh v Sheff Weds 12:16 - May 12 with 7971 viewsIllinoisblue

I predict a meltdown on owlstalk later. Posh will have too much pace and goal threat for Weds, at least a 2-0 home win coming up.

Was just watching the highlights of our win there, and they created plenty of good chances.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 12:20 - May 12 with 4573 viewssaffers12

1-2
Posh v Sheff Weds on 12:33 - May 12 with 4505 viewsnodge_blue

I don't see it. I think Sheff wed comes through that tie pretty easily.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 12:34 - May 12 with 4484 viewstextbackup

Want Sheff Weds to fck this up, completely and utterly.

Zero respect for them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Posh v Sheff Weds on 13:15 - May 12 with 4343 viewsJ2BLUE

JCH is key. If he's in the mood then they have a good chance of scoring a couple of goals. If Wednesday mark him out of the game then they will likely get a decent result.

My money is on a 2-2 shootout. JCH and Smith two goals each.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 13:26 - May 12 with 4286 viewsclive_baker

Close one to call really. I don't particularly rate SW, I don't think their performance levels have been anything like ours when I've seen them. They're just a strong L1 side I would say. A lot of good, experienced pros, but none in isolation that are particularly special. But they have been more consistent and can be a tough nut, grinding out those results. Peterborough on the other hand have been all over the place, some weeks impressive, others fragile to say the least.

Depends which Peterborough turns up. Hopefully they turn it on tonight and win 3-0 so we can laugh at the Owls and watch them hastily revise that 'who to buy from L1 list'.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:23 - May 12 with 4109 viewsSharkey

It's Poku's moment to shine, I'm convinced of it.
Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:25 - May 12 with 4084 viewsMetal_Hacker

As I've posted on another thread this morning Illy ,the Weds I play football with on a Thursday night said they might struggle against Peterborough and then stated that IF they do get passed them they will beat Bolton - no mention of Barnsley ( probably because Barnsley did the double over them - deluded bunch)

Poll: If it were one or the other

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:27 - May 12 with 4073 viewsbelgablue

If Shef Wed lose can we have a volunteer to pick the best bits from owlstalk for us? Have genuinely enjoyed that aspect as the season came to a close.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Login to get fewer ads

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:30 - May 12 with 4048 viewsdavblue

yeah but they don't do the defensive side of the game well.

They have players who undoubtedly can hurt you, but they are so loose defensively and have won 1 game away against the top 10 this season and that was Barnsley who had nothing to play for.

Heard they are particularly weak in the air also and Smith is one of the top performers aerially in league 1.

Think Wednesday will have too much power for them over the course of 2 games.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 14:32]
Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:38 - May 12 with 3914 viewshype313

Wednesday should absolutely walk these play off's, the other 3 are absolute guff.

Peterborough are reliant on JCH, and on the two occasions I aw him this season, he looked like he should be playing for the Capel Plough.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:42 - May 12 with 3878 viewsLankHenners

Will be tight, can see the home side winning each leg so may come down to who can score more and I think I'd fancy Peterborough in that scenario.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:44 - May 12 with 3866 viewsRozz

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:38 - May 12 by hype313

Wednesday should absolutely walk these play off's, the other 3 are absolute guff.

Peterborough are reliant on JCH, and on the two occasions I aw him this season, he looked like he should be playing for the Capel Plough.

Wednesday and Barnsley are much stronger then the other two. I'm not sure who I fancy in a one-off final, though.

Wednesday a much stronger proposition now than when Barnsley played them last IMO.

*edited as I dreamt we played them more recently than Feb.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 20:48]
Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:47 - May 12 with 3840 viewshype313

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:44 - May 12 by Rozz

Wednesday and Barnsley are much stronger then the other two. I'm not sure who I fancy in a one-off final, though.

Wednesday a much stronger proposition now than when Barnsley played them last IMO.

Wednesday are the in form team, they finished 10 points above the nearest team, they have key players back.

For me, they have too much for the others.

Obviously the mental side of things can be at play, but they've had plenty of time to digest the disappointment of automatics, and gone on a winning run since.

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:58 - May 12 with 3791 viewsle2blue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:47 - May 12 by hype313

Wednesday are the in form team, they finished 10 points above the nearest team, they have key players back.

Obviously the mental side of things can be at play, but they've had plenty of time to digest the disappointment of automatics, and gone on a winning run since.

I think the mental side is really the only area you'd question Wednesday, footballing wise they should walk it.

If you look back on the season, you could argue that when they were put under immense pressure by Ipswich with our chasing down and ridiculous momentum, they buckled, the defeats at Barnsley, FGR and Burton came at a time when they had to perform to stay ahead, they only recovered any form when it was looking unlikely that they'd make the top two, and even then you could argue that it was as flat track bullies pulling out wins against teams they should beat. They've not really dominated and blown away any teams this season.

Going to be interesting to see how they do, but i expect they'll win.
Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:16 - May 12 with 3693 viewsIllinoisblue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:38 - May 12 by hype313

Harsh on Bolton and Barnsley. The times I saw Weds on TV they looked incredibly limited. Owls about to be found out.

62 - 78 - 81

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:17 - May 12 with 3690 viewsChurchman

SW have also got decent form running immediately into these games. They deserve to win the play offs and probably will.

Can’t wait for the torment on Owlstalk if they fail and will avoid like the plague if they succeed.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 15:22]
Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:18 - May 12 with 3681 viewshype313

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:16 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

Harsh on Bolton and Barnsley. The times I saw Weds on TV they looked incredibly limited. Owls about to be found out.

I just think us ,Plymouth and Wednesday are streets ahead of the rest, and despite the disappointment I think Wednesday will have the bit between their teeth and their quality will be too much for the others.

Cue a Posh 4-0....

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:21 - May 12 with 3654 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:17 - May 12 by Churchman

SW have also got decent form running immediately into these games. They deserve to win the play offs and probably will.

Can’t wait for the torment on Owlstalk if they fail and will avoid like the plague if they succeed.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 15:22]

Exactly. The only team carrying any real form into this are Wednesday.

Barnsley look like the confidence went after we did a number on them,
Posh and Bolton have been hit and miss over the last 6.

I think it'll be a Barnsley v Wednesday final, Wednesday to edge it 2-1

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:26 - May 12 with 3593 viewsRozz

I agree, although could still see a Barnsley high press uncovering some of those fragilities at the back. If they went 1-0 down in the final it'd be a massive test of character, and we know Barnsley can score goals.

Lots of football to be played before we get there though.
Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:27 - May 12 with 3597 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:16 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

"Owls about to be found out"

Yeah, they fluked their way to 96 points, 10 points ahead of 4th.
They are definitely about to get found out, 100%

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:30 - May 12 with 3572 viewstractorboy1978

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:21 - May 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Exactly. The only team carrying any real form into this are Wednesday.

Barnsley look like the confidence went after we did a number on them,
Posh and Bolton have been hit and miss over the last 6.

I think it'll be a Barnsley v Wednesday final, Wednesday to edge it 2-1

Peterborough beat Wednesday 2-0 at home earlier in the season. They are a dangerous team to play as they are well capable of turning up, starting fast and being a couple of goals ahead before you've had a chance to settle. Inconsistency has been their problem.
Posh v Sheff Weds on 16:25 - May 12 with 3421 viewsIllinoisblue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:27 - May 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Owls about to be found out"

Yeah, they fluked their way to 96 points, 10 points ahead of 4th.
They are definitely about to get found out, 100%

* bookmarked *

62 - 78 - 81

Posh v Sheff Weds on 16:27 - May 12 with 3412 viewsClutch

4-0 to Posh!
[Post edited 12 May 2023 16:27]
Posh v Sheff Weds on 17:02 - May 12 with 3322 viewsyorkshireblue

I’ve seen a few Wednesday games this year - and I expect them to do the job over two legs over Posh. Then the final is a one-off and anything can happen.

I expect Moore would be happy taking a 0-0 tonight with a view to beating them at Hillsborough, and will set up as such.

Windass is back - although only been a sub their last two games - and for me, his injury is what caused their drop off in form.

However… if they go into next Thursday’s leg behind, or at 0-0 they fans will be on their back from the get go.
Posh v Sheff Weds on 17:57 - May 12 with 3189 viewsArnieM

Posh v Sheff Weds on 14:44 - May 12 by Rozz

Lol

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024