Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posh v Sheff Weds 12:16 - May 12 with 8000 viewsIllinoisblue

I predict a meltdown on owlstalk later. Posh will have too much pace and goal threat for Weds, at least a 2-0 home win coming up.

Was just watching the highlights of our win there, and they created plenty of good chances.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 19:19 - May 12 with 2141 viewsGlasgowBlue

I hope posh stuff them. W@nker fanbase.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:21 - May 12 with 2058 viewsringwoodblue

1-0 Jack Taylor - Ashton get him signed up!

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:23 - May 12 with 2041 viewspointofblue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:21 - May 12 by ringwoodblue

1-0 Jack Taylor - Ashton get him signed up!

That's three goals in a week where a keeper has let the ball through his hands - de Gea, Areola and now Dawson.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:23 - May 12 with 2030 viewsNthQldITFC

Chuckling a little, because I just finished the washing up, found a sneaky flow and loaded Owlstalk matchday thread just as Posh scored!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:34 - May 12 with 1955 viewsNthQldITFC

It's an absolute toilet quality game, isn't it. Perhaps it's the pressure of being in the play-offs, but if I remember correctly the quality was far, far higher when we were in the third division!

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:36 - May 12 with 1946 viewsJDB23

Really poor game so far, Wednesday’s only chances coming from Peterborough mistakes and Peterborough struggling to put 2 passes together in wendies half.
Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:46 - May 12 with 1891 viewsNthQldITFC

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:36 - May 12 by JDB23

Really poor game so far, Wednesday’s only chances coming from Peterborough mistakes and Peterborough struggling to put 2 passes together in wendies half.

Quite like a few little bits I've seen from Taylor and Ward though, so hopefully Barnsley win the lollies.

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:47 - May 12 with 1888 viewsCoastalblue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:23 - May 12 by pointofblue

That's three goals in a week where a keeper has let the ball through his hands - de Gea, Areola and now Dawson.

Areola? What a t1t

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually want to see SW win the playoffs, I think they deserve after the points totals. Will need a massive rebuild if they go up though.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:51 - May 12 with 1850 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:36 - May 12 by JDB23

Bang average from both teams. Maybe nerves but seeing at least from Posh some attempts at passing on the deck.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:51 - May 12 with 1851 viewsSwansea_Blue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:47 - May 12 by Coastalblue

Areola? What a t1t

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually want to see SW win the playoffs, I think they deserve after the points totals. Will need a massive rebuild if they go up though.

Maybe. They’re lucky to have the total they got from what we’ve seen this season. I think I’ going for P’boro, but only because we had Wendy twots popping up on here giving it large. Otherwise I’m not too fussed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:52 - May 12 with 1846 viewsChurchman

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:34 - May 12 by NthQldITFC

It's an absolute toilet quality game, isn't it. Perhaps it's the pressure of being in the play-offs, but if I remember correctly the quality was far, far higher when we were in the third division!

It’s been an awful half. Peterborough have been poor and Wednesday, while pressing, haven’t been much better - and looked like conceding every time Peterborough got near the goal. I get the pressure of the play offs, the windy weather but last season’s semi-final between Wednesday and Sunderland was far better quality than this.
Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:54 - May 12 with 1819 viewsWestover

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:47 - May 12 by Coastalblue

Areola? What a t1t

I agree with the points they got they deserve to be promoted, I'm just glad we are not in the play offs I hate them
Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:54 - May 12 with 1809 viewsRozz

Posh v Sheff Weds on 20:51 - May 12 by StochesStotasBlewe

Bang average from both teams. Maybe nerves but seeing at least from Posh some attempts at passing on the deck.

Wednesday are very poor on the eye, even when they're winning.
Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:02 - May 12 with 1761 viewspatrickswell

Watching that first half makes me so glad that back in 2000, I had to leave the house as our match at the Reebok kicked off to go to a rehearsal for a play I was doing at that time. I heard the first Bolton goal go in while driving there, but by the time I got back in my car afterwards, it was 2-1 and I heard Stewart’s equaliser while driving. I only learned after the event that we’d been 2-0 down at one point. Given the narrative around us at that time and the previous few years, I don’t know how I’d have reacted when Gudjohnsen scored.
How did you react when the second Bolton goal went in? Were you all believers or did anyone sack it off only to see the good news later?

As for tonight, Wednesday have been so poor whenever they’ve got to the decisive moments in their attacks. Peterborough are always vulnerable though.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 21:07]
Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:09 - May 12 with 1712 viewspointofblue

Recall us being 2-0 down at West Ham in Royle's final play off season at Upton Park and getting it back to 2-2. Thought we had the upper hand heading into the game at Portman Road, and then an unfortunate miracle happened with Bobby Zamora actually finding the target twice.

Long way to go.

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:12 - May 12 with 1700 viewspointofblue

Well, that path just got longer...

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:16 - May 12 with 1648 viewsCoastalblue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:02 - May 12 by patrickswell

Watching that first half makes me so glad that back in 2000, I had to leave the house as our match at the Reebok kicked off to go to a rehearsal for a play I was doing at that time. I heard the first Bolton goal go in while driving there, but by the time I got back in my car afterwards, it was 2-1 and I heard Stewart’s equaliser while driving. I only learned after the event that we’d been 2-0 down at one point. Given the narrative around us at that time and the previous few years, I don’t know how I’d have reacted when Gudjohnsen scored.
How did you react when the second Bolton goal went in? Were you all believers or did anyone sack it off only to see the good news later?

As for tonight, Wednesday have been so poor whenever they’ve got to the decisive moments in their attacks. Peterborough are always vulnerable though.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 21:07]

Interesting, the only home game I missed that season was the home leg, and listened to bits of it in the green room due to being in a play, can't even remember what it was now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:16 - May 12 with 1643 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The 4/1 I took this morning on Peterborough to get promoted looks like it might get some mileage.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:18 - May 12 with 1625 viewsFifeITFC

Posh v Sheff Weds on 12:33 - May 12 by nodge_blue

I don't see it. I think Sheff wed comes through that tie pretty easily.

So far so good...

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:25 - May 12 with 1568 viewsKropotkin123

Posh v Sheff Weds on 16:25 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

* bookmarked *

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:31 - May 12 with 1545 viewsNthQldITFC

In patches, Posh look a bit like a lightweight version of Town, as their confidence has grown. Like the way Taylor moves with the ball. Very lively.

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:51 - May 12 with 1448 viewsIllinoisblue

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:27 - May 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Owls about to be found out"

Yeah, they fluked their way to 96 points, 10 points ahead of 4th.
They are definitely about to get found out, 100%

I shall remain dignified and silent 😄

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:53 - May 12 with 1428 viewsKropotkin123

Posh v Sheff Weds on 15:18 - May 12 by hype313

I just think us ,Plymouth and Wednesday are streets ahead of the rest, and despite the disappointment I think Wednesday will have the bit between their teeth and their quality will be too much for the others.

Cue a Posh 4-0....

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:58 - May 12 with 1375 viewsquirkie

Posh v Sheff Weds on 16:27 - May 12 by Clutch

4-0 to Posh!
[Post edited 12 May 2023 16:27]

Hope you had a few shekels on that, some shout.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Posh v Sheff Weds on 22:00 - May 12 with 1354 viewspatrickswell

Posh v Sheff Weds on 21:16 - May 12 by Coastalblue

Interesting, the only home game I missed that season was the home leg, and listened to bits of it in the green room due to being in a play, can't even remember what it was now.

I was in Charley’s Aunt in May 2004 when a Brighton fan I was in the play with sidled up to me and suggested that I was going to enjoy watching the playback of our match at Upton Park after the rehearsal…..needless to say when I saw him the following evening, I gave it to him with both barrels for leading me on, especially as Brighton themselves were in a play off game that night.

The Bolton play off played out to the background of a Cole Porter revue which my then fiancée was directing. Thank God for the football is all I can say as our engagement was crumbling at the time.

Bloody hell, Sheffield Wednesday lived the nightmare tonight, didn’t they?
[Post edited 12 May 2023 22:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024