Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook 15:33 - May 13 with 5820 viewsITFC1977

Didn’t have a great time here but bought some good players that have been instrumental in our promotion and nobody can deny he done his best under Evans.
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:36 - May 13 with 2553 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m sure he did do his best for the 36 days he worked under Evans

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:39 - May 13 with 2519 viewsElephantintheRoom

As I recall he seemed to be trying to recreate the might of Wigan at Portman Road. Personally I think it will be a travesty if Notts County dont go up

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:39 - May 13 with 2522 viewsibbleobble

Great start for them! Been much the better side in the opening stages. Would love to see him and Dyer fly up the leagues.
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:39 - May 13 with 2524 viewspointofblue

Considering the players he had at his disposal, Cook was an awful manager here. No idea why considering this success elsewhere.

Notts County deserve to go up. Hope they manage it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:55 - May 13 with 2471 viewsBlueBadger

Why, even now, do people on here still carry a torch for failed managers?

I mean, it's nice to see he's found his level, but....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:56 - May 13 with 2450 viewsBlueBadger

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:36 - May 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He didn't at all take a group of players on the cusp of the playoffs and manage to finish mid table and then decide to publicly sh1t the bed rather than attempt to coach and motivate.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 16:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:02 - May 13 with 2379 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:39 - May 13 by ElephantintheRoom

As I recall he seemed to be trying to recreate the might of Wigan at Portman Road. Personally I think it will be a travesty if Notts County dont go up

They knew the rules at the start of the season. It’s their fault for not beating Wrexham

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:02 - May 13 with 2380 viewsEastTownBlue

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:55 - May 13 by BlueBadger

Why, even now, do people on here still carry a torch for failed managers?

I mean, it's nice to see he's found his level, but....

Good luck to Paul Lambert whatever he is doing these days. He paid for some free coach journeys to those who went to see some dismal defeats and some pints also.
Login to get fewer ads

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:03 - May 13 with 2369 viewswkj

Aiye, I do like Paul Cook - but he just wasn't right for the task for what we needed.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:04 - May 13 with 2359 viewsBlueBadger

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:02 - May 13 by EastTownBlue

Good luck to Paul Lambert whatever he is doing these days. He paid for some free coach journeys to those who went to see some dismal defeats and some pints also.

I'm glad I'm not just off nights, otherwise I'd have definitely fallen for that one!

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:06 - May 13 with 2357 viewsibbleobble

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:56 - May 13 by BlueBadger

He didn't at all take a group of players on the cusp of the playoffs and manage to finish mid table and then decide to publicly sh1t the bed rather than attempt to coach and motivate.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 16:11]

If you posted as much foresight as you do hindsight, you might actually be interesting to read…on occasion.
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:13 - May 13 with 2330 viewsBlueBadger

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:06 - May 13 by ibbleobble

If you posted as much foresight as you do hindsight, you might actually be interesting to read…on occasion.

LOL.

Burns under McKenna by ibbleobble 14 Feb 2023 20:30
I feel sorry for him. He had a wonder season last year playing high and wide with the comfort of a full back behind him and given a license to break ground whenever opportunity presented itself and the rest was history.

This season he’s being asked to hold the width to spread the opposition in static areas with several shirts in front of him, squeeze the opposition shape and tuck in when the ball is on the other flank or under lap when one of the 10s drifts wide. More often than not he’s got a standing start to beat players. Complete waste of the talent he proved last season.

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:15 - May 13 with 2317 viewsbournemouthblue

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:39 - May 13 by ElephantintheRoom

It's not looking good so far, Chesterfield generally snuffing them out and doing them on the break

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:28 - May 13 with 2237 viewsibbleobble

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:13 - May 13 by BlueBadger

LOL.

I feel sorry for him. He had a wonder season last year playing high and wide with the comfort of a full back behind him and given a license to break ground whenever opportunity presented itself and the rest was history.

This season he’s being asked to hold the width to spread the opposition in static areas with several shirts in front of him, squeeze the opposition shape and tuck in when the ball is on the other flank or under lap when one of the 10s drifts wide. More often than not he’s got a standing start to beat players. Complete waste of the talent he proved last season.

Christ. That’s a desperate attempt and waste of your time, better than playing Bridge or moaning about poor life choices I guess.

Burns had a better season last season than he did this season as an individual. If you think that’s a LOL, stick to cards.
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:29 - May 13 with 2226 viewsBobsthename

1-0 up penalty in the first half even game from what i saw.
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:11 - May 13 with 2124 viewsBlueBadger

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:28 - May 13 by ibbleobble

Christ. That’s a desperate attempt and waste of your time, better than playing Bridge or moaning about poor life choices I guess.

Burns had a better season last season than he did this season as an individual. If you think that’s a LOL, stick to cards.

If you can't get a laugh out of someone being hoist on their petard chuckles, where can you?

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:13 - May 13 with 2109 viewsBigCommon

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:29 - May 13 by Bobsthename

1-0 up penalty in the first half even game from what i saw.

Still holding on at 1-0..
Crikey, the " anti play off" brigade or gonna love this one, if Notts County don't pull it round..
Be amazing for Chesterfield if they hang on..
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:19 - May 13 with 2065 viewsVic

Com’on Cookie.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:19 - May 13 with 2064 viewsWestover

1-1 keeper error.
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:20 - May 13 with 2051 viewsMetal_Hacker

You Pies !

Poll: If it were one or the other

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:22 - May 13 with 2050 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 15:36 - May 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

In fairness, that’s nearly a month.

I wasn’t a fan. I bit my tongue at the time, but didn’t think his shouty approach was befitting a team of our stature and quality

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:22 - May 13 with 2040 viewsWestover

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:19 - May 13 by Westover

1-1 keeper error.

Tom Daly seems to be all over the pitch in both colour shirt s.🤔😂😂
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:24 - May 13 with 2013 viewsClutch

Listened to the Notts County commentary and they just called Dobra an embarrassment because of his diving haha.
Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:29 - May 13 with 1968 viewsVic

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 16:13 - May 13 by BlueBadger

LOL.

Badge - you’ve become a grumpy old man! You trying to fill some of our dear departed posters shoes? I liked your posts better when yo u smiled and seemed to enjoy things on here. I know you probably still do, but blimey, yo7 don’t half moan a lot.

I’m sure you’re not bothered what I think, but just sayin’!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:31 - May 13 with 1964 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good luck Chesterfield and Cook on 17:24 - May 13 by Clutch

Listened to the Notts County commentary and they just called Dobra an embarrassment because of his diving haha.

Sounds like County are making hard work of it again. I’ve just put the County comms on for extra time. I hope they do it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024