Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna and Leicester 12:56 - Jun 13 with 20186 viewsIP1Blue

Definitely has had an interview there and rumour has definite legs
McKenna and Leicester on 12:57 - Jun 13 with 8330 viewschicoazul

OP proven ITK in the past before usual suspects kick off.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

McKenna and Leicester on 12:58 - Jun 13 with 8305 viewshomer_123

Good. It means he is doing a great job for us, if he is being pursued by other clubs.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

McKenna and Leicester on 13:00 - Jun 13 with 8241 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna and Leicester on 12:58 - Jun 13 by homer_123

Good. It means he is doing a great job for us, if he is being pursued by other clubs.

Not so good if he's happy to feck off at the first time of asking from another club tho.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

McKenna and Leicester on 13:00 - Jun 13 with 8255 viewsJackSted

Have heard similar tbh. My guess is the Americans were at PR last week to try and convince him to sign a new deal

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

McKenna and Leicester on 13:02 - Jun 13 with 8203 viewsPerublue

I don't like this

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

McKenna and Leicester on 13:05 - Jun 13 with 8120 viewsAsa

McKenna and Leicester on 12:57 - Jun 13 by chicoazul

OP proven ITK in the past before usual suspects kick off.

With all due respect, the only proven ITK info this poster seems to have provided is cryptically suggesting we were signing Clarke a few hours before we did, when it was already being speculated all over social media.

If Leicester wanted to speak to McKenna it's because he is their man. They'd have to agree compensation and then we'd give permission.

Kieran isn't ruining everything he's built up here, going off flirting with other clubs as part of a shortlist.

I'd be absolutely amazed if this was in any way, shape or form true.
McKenna and Leicester on 13:06 - Jun 13 with 8050 viewsthe_toff

Seems highly unlikely.

The US investor trip was pre planned, so nothing in that.

KM doesn't feature anywhere near the top of the likely next Leicester manager odds. If he had any chance his odds would've shortened by now.
McKenna and Leicester on 13:07 - Jun 13 with 7983 viewsSitfcB

Sure we’d know about it had it happened.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna and Leicester on 13:08 - Jun 13 with 7962 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna and Leicester on 13:05 - Jun 13 by Asa

With all due respect, the only proven ITK info this poster seems to have provided is cryptically suggesting we were signing Clarke a few hours before we did, when it was already being speculated all over social media.

If Leicester wanted to speak to McKenna it's because he is their man. They'd have to agree compensation and then we'd give permission.

Kieran isn't ruining everything he's built up here, going off flirting with other clubs as part of a shortlist.

Clarke was never mentioned on social media Tho

Surely compensation would only be discussed at the point of KM saying he wants to go.

Waka waka eh eh

McKenna and Leicester on 13:09 - Jun 13 with 7933 viewsxrayspecs

McKenna and Leicester on 13:08 - Jun 13 by FrimleyBlue

Surely compensation would only be discussed at the point of KM saying he wants to go.

It was posted on here before the deal was announced.
McKenna and Leicester on 13:10 - Jun 13 with 7860 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna and Leicester on 13:09 - Jun 13 by xrayspecs

It was posted on here before the deal was announced.

Yeah I know.
But not by papers etc on twitter etc.

Waka waka eh eh

McKenna and Leicester on 13:10 - Jun 13 with 7870 viewsBiGDonnie

I really hope it isn't true.

However if it is, I've got a new most hated team and will be the first hoping he monumentally fails.

Announce Mogga!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

McKenna and Leicester on 13:10 - Jun 13 with 7864 viewsEastAnglianBoy

Why would he go there when he's already at the biggest Club in the Championship?
McKenna and Leicester on 13:10 - Jun 13 with 7867 viewsJ2BLUE

They also posted a week ago about the club wanting to get the first signing over the line by the end of next week which is about as big a call as the sun coming up tomorrow.

Not saying they definitely aren't ITK but i'm not exactly worrying. Chico will also endorse literally anyone saying anything negative.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McKenna and Leicester on 13:10 - Jun 13 with 7845 viewsAsa

Clarke was mentioned on social media earlier that day.

I knew he was here to be signed that day. Quite a few people local people knew I am sure because of his family here too.

I am happy to call it now. There is absolutely no way McKenna has spoken to Leicester and I'd imagine if he was granted permission too TWTD, EADT, Leicester media and a few other people here would all know about it before that was able to happen.

When any other manager is given permission to speak to a club, it's usually known about before they actually hold talks.
McKenna and Leicester on 13:11 - Jun 13 with 7831 viewsCheltenham_Blue

1. It was all over social media and very thinly veiled as to the signings identity.
2. He's under contract with us. We don't have to allow an approach, the only way we would is if compensation is agreed.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

McKenna and Leicester on 13:11 - Jun 13 with 7778 viewschicoazul

But why would you be amazed? Disappointed yes of course but amazed? Leicester are clearly a bigger club than us and would double and maybe treble his wages. I would be angry and annoyed but I wouldn’t blame him. It’s only what we did to the club we got Hirst from can’t remember who.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

McKenna and Leicester on 13:11 - Jun 13 with 7799 viewsIP1Blue

I’m not saying he’s going to get the job at Leicester but there has been convos - odds are now 6/4 for him to join as well
McKenna and Leicester on 13:12 - Jun 13 with 7761 viewsAsa

McKenna and Leicester on 13:10 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

They also posted a week ago about the club wanting to get the first signing over the line by the end of next week which is about as big a call as the sun coming up tomorrow.

Not saying they definitely aren't ITK but i'm not exactly worrying. Chico will also endorse literally anyone saying anything negative.

Plus a definite bid for Jack Taylor that everyone knew about and a definite bid for Morgan Whittaker that doesn't seem to have ever happened.
McKenna and Leicester on 13:12 - Jun 13 with 7710 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna and Leicester on 13:10 - Jun 13 by Asa

Clarke was mentioned on social media earlier that day.

I knew he was here to be signed that day. Quite a few people local people knew I am sure because of his family here too.

I am happy to call it now. There is absolutely no way McKenna has spoken to Leicester and I'd imagine if he was granted permission too TWTD, EADT, Leicester media and a few other people here would all know about it before that was able to happen.

When any other manager is given permission to speak to a club, it's usually known about before they actually hold talks.

I remember Joe talking about clarke a week or 2 before it happened.

Waka waka eh eh

McKenna and Leicester on 13:13 - Jun 13 with 7662 viewsAsa

McKenna and Leicester on 13:11 - Jun 13 by chicoazul

But why would you be amazed? Disappointed yes of course but amazed? Leicester are clearly a bigger club than us and would double and maybe treble his wages. I would be angry and annoyed but I wouldn’t blame him. It’s only what we did to the club we got Hirst from can’t remember who.

To clarify, I won't be surprised if Leicester target McKenna or if he strongly considers going there.

I would however be amazed if they have interviewed him already because of all the logistics around that happening and the lack of anything being reported, because it simply would be.
McKenna and Leicester on 13:15 - Jun 13 with 7541 viewsAsa

McKenna and Leicester on 13:11 - Jun 13 by IP1Blue

I’m not saying he’s going to get the job at Leicester but there has been convos - odds are now 6/4 for him to join as well

So you're guessing because the odds have dropped?

As we all know, if ten of us on here all put £5 on Nigel Worthington taking over at Celtic, he'd be second favourite by tea time.

If the bookies knew anything about McKenna going there, he'd be a lot shorter odds than 6/4!

At most, the conversations are Leicester putting the feelers out.
McKenna and Leicester on 13:16 - Jun 13 with 7552 viewstextbackup

I would say that if MA was on the verge of losing his manager and either trying to keep him/find a replacement, he wouldn’t have found time for himself to have a work out this morning in the gym.

I might be completely incorrect with that assessment, but knowing what we know about MA work seemingly comes before absolutely everything

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

McKenna and Leicester on 13:17 - Jun 13 with 7467 viewsSamWhiteUK

We had super Kieran McKenna.....
McKenna and Leicester on 13:17 - Jun 13 with 7454 viewsAsa

McKenna and Leicester on 13:16 - Jun 13 by textbackup

I would say that if MA was on the verge of losing his manager and either trying to keep him/find a replacement, he wouldn’t have found time for himself to have a work out this morning in the gym.

I might be completely incorrect with that assessment, but knowing what we know about MA work seemingly comes before absolutely everything

We've finally found out what Bristol City have against him.

Our best manager in a generation could be about to be tempted away, is being shown the Gary Lineker museum as we speak and all Ashton is worried about is leg day.

Get that man out of our club!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024