Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true 13:10 - Jun 15 with 6406 viewsAsa

Four time Town loanee Jonny Williams is still in his 20's.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 13:22 - Jun 15 with 3843 viewshomer_123

Arnold Muhren provided 'that cross' for Van Basten to scores on the best ever goals at the ripe age of 37.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 13:23 - Jun 15 with 3842 viewshomer_123

Finidi George, scored this goal for Town, aged 57

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 13:36 - Jun 15 with 3773 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Since Jim Magilton was sacked, Mick McCarthy is the only permanent manager to have left with the club in a higher position in the table, than when he joined

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 13:37 - Jun 15 with 3761 viewsMookamoo

We're paying Paul Lambert to not be our manager for another 2 years
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 13:37]
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 19:40 - Jun 15 with 3510 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Before McKenna, 4 out of Ipswich's last 5 managers were called Paul.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 19:45 - Jun 15 with 3493 viewsDanTheMan

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 13:37 - Jun 15 by Mookamoo

This makes me feel ill

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:00 - Jun 15 with 3372 viewsvilanovablue

Mick Mills captained England at the 82 world cup.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:07 - Jun 15 with 3334 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Defensive midfielder John Wark once scored 36 (thirty-six) goals in a season.
Login to get fewer ads

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:11 - Jun 15 with 3313 viewsSwansea_Blue

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 13:37 - Jun 15 by Mookamoo

Is that actually true? Bloody nuts if so, but utterly believable from Evans. They didn’t do something stupid like say we’ll continue to pay out your contract up until you find another club, did they? I could have told them it would have put us on a hiding to nothing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:13 - Jun 15 with 3312 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:07 - Jun 15 by OsmansCleanSheet

Defensive midfielder John Wark once scored 36 (thirty-six) goals in a season.

And yet was only sporadically considered good enough for Scotland.

29 caps! That's just over half what Eric Dier has for England, to put it into context.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:14 - Jun 15 with 3309 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Mick Stockwell played in the same team in the football combination as someone on our books in 1967 and also with someone on our books in 2008

Great longevity
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:18 - Jun 15 with 3288 viewsKeno

Were it not for a cruel twist of fate Phil Ham could have been Towns superstar left back

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:20 - Jun 15 with 3277 viewsEpiphone

During his 13-years as Town's Manager SBR brought in only 14 players from other clubs.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 21:21]
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:28 - Jun 15 with 3242 viewsPhilTWTD

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:20 - Jun 15 by Epiphone

During his 13-years as Town's Manager SBR brought in only 14 players from other clubs.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 21:21]

That's not actually true, even if it is written on the back of the North Stand. We did have a thread on here running through the whole list and I think we got into the 30s, although included players who were bought from non-league at 16 such as Keith Bertschin etc.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:30 - Jun 15 with 3230 viewsstickymockwell

Jonathan Douglas suffered with Polio. At least it looked like he did!

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:32 - Jun 15 with 3214 viewsMelford

We rejected Gazza and Ruud Gullit.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:37 - Jun 15 with 3182 viewsPhilTWTD

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:18 - Jun 15 by Keno

Were it not for a cruel twist of fate Phil Ham could have been Towns superstar left back

All too true
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:42 - Jun 15 with 3162 viewsPhilTWTD

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:14 - Jun 15 by burnbudgiesburn

Mick Stockwell played in the same team in the football combination as someone on our books in 1967 and also with someone on our books in 2008

Great longevity

I'll have a stab at that. Mick Mills and, I was going to say Richard Wright, and actually he was on the books until 2012!
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:51 - Jun 15 with 3118 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ian Mcparland inspired Ipswich to a 1-0 win against Arsenal

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:03 - Jun 15 with 3089 viewsNBVJohn

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:51 - Jun 15 by FrimleyBlue

Ian Mcparland inspired Ipswich to a 1-0 win against Arsenal

Tamas Priskin scored for Town against Arsenal.

Paul Cooper, at 5 foot 9 inches was taller than his deputy, Laurie Sivell
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:08 - Jun 15 with 3068 viewsKeno

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:03 - Jun 15 by NBVJohn

Tamas Priskin scored for Town against Arsenal.

Paul Cooper, at 5 foot 9 inches was taller than his deputy, Laurie Sivell

Should that been cooper was 5ft 9 in’s taller than his deputy ?

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:10 - Jun 15 with 3050 viewsPhilTWTD

Town's 1978 FA Cup final substitute was once a 12th man in a test match.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:14 - Jun 15 with 3025 viewsKeno

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:10 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

Town's 1978 FA Cup final substitute was once a 12th man in a test match.

Didn’t we have a Centre back who played schoolboy rugby for England?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 22:22]

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:14 - Jun 15 with 3027 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:42 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

I'll have a stab at that. Mick Mills and, I was going to say Richard Wright, and actually he was on the books until 2012!

Laurie Sivell, and I was going for Magilton, but the Wright stat makes it even more impressive.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:35 - Jun 15 with 2939 viewsEpiphone

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:28 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

That's not actually true, even if it is written on the back of the North Stand. We did have a thread on here running through the whole list and I think we got into the 30s, although included players who were bought from non-league at 16 such as Keith Bertschin etc.

I missed that thread,another myth about the great man shattered!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024