Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) 08:17 - Jul 1 with 5689 viewsLeistonBlue

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 09:51 - Jul 1 with 1869 viewsLeoMuff

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 09:46 - Jul 1 by Ipswich_Crazy

At first, I wasn't sure but I kind of like the home shirt and love the away one. Last season's home shirt will be hard to beat.

I actually prefer this home to last season, though unsure on the collar, away looks decent but last seasons away was a thing of beauty for me.

Think I would have to see in person to be sure.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 09:53 - Jul 1 with 1869 viewsnorth_stand77

Well, I like them both, why would you 'hate' either?

So much better than a lot of the Evans era shirts and being sponsored with a betting company logo. Especially with the charity donation in July for MND. Will definitely be getting one of them just got to decide which.
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 09:57 - Jul 1 with 1850 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'm not a big fan of collars, so I'm not keen on the home kit, but I think the away kit's great! Either way, I don't care, so long as the Town are winning in them!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 10:07 - Jul 1 with 1830 viewsChorleyBoy

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 08:49 - Jul 1 by the_toff

The home shirt is lovely

I agree.

The only negative is that the +-&/X Tour lettering is too heavy and high and dwarfs the Town badge a bit.
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 10:12 - Jul 1 with 1814 viewsstonojnr

If you don't like the home shirt, and I disagree I think it looks absolutely fine, just be glad you aren't a Southampton fan.
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 10:15 - Jul 1 with 1801 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Don't like the home kit.
Like the away one though.
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 10:17 - Jul 1 with 1790 viewswkj

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 10:12 - Jul 1 by stonojnr

If you don't like the home shirt, and I disagree I think it looks absolutely fine, just be glad you aren't a Southampton fan.

Cost cutting measures innit, making them play in their pyjamas

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 10:22 - Jul 1 with 1786 viewsSwansea_Blue

Big grin when I first saw the away kit. Right up my alley that is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 10:25 - Jul 1 with 1771 viewsMullet

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 09:40 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

This one, I mean, the third kit from that season.

I'm with you, olimar and I were talking about how it feels they've taken all the promotion kits and blended them up regardless.

Works really well, and as per the Liverpool kit I posted, the callbacks to old kits do well.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 11:25 - Jul 1 with 1687 viewssticklegs

Like them both, but it still blows my mind that some people will spend £110 on buying two polyester t-shirts.
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 11:35 - Jul 1 with 1682 viewsEly_Blue

If last season was meant to be a nod to the 92 promotion shirt they got the chief designer at Umbro to design it, this year it’s seeming like they got the YTS kid or Stevie Wonder to do it, orange one is class though so that’s the one I’m getting, if I want to wear blue this season it will be last seasons one

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 11:47 - Jul 1 with 1644 viewsBigCommon

Prefer the home kit..... Blue and white are our colours.
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 12:03 - Jul 1 with 1619 viewsthe_toff

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 11:25 - Jul 1 by sticklegs

Like them both, but it still blows my mind that some people will spend £110 on buying two polyester t-shirts.

It’s a lot of money and of course in this climate I understand why there will be many who won’t buy them, but they clearly represent more than that. They’re a keepsake, I still have my first Ipswich kits now that my kids wear. I can’t say the same about other clothes from 30 years ago.
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 12:08 - Jul 1 with 1595 viewsstonojnr

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 09:40 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

This one, I mean, the third kit from that season.

you know when youve been tango'd...remember the Dozzell cover ? :)
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 12:25 - Jul 1 with 1577 viewsstarofanglia

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 08:58 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Away one is more like the 91/92 third kit than 2000 to me. Or am I misremembering?

Guess that may in some part be as 91/92 was Umbro and 2000 was Punch
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 15:22 - Jul 1 with 1529 viewsyesjohn99

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 09:50 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

I thought it was the third with white as the second. Only seemed to wear it at places like Bolton and Bristol Rovers. Super duper, David. Although we also wore it at Southend, come to think of it.

I always thought the white was 3rd kit in 91/92.
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 15:38 - Jul 1 with 1480 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 08:19 - Jul 1 by homer_123

Yep, the home one doesn't do it for me.

Away one is excellent.

Black kit needed again this year.

Is the Black one available at a third this year no? It’s the first shirt I’ve had since about 1996!
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 16:28 - Jul 1 with 1405 viewsyesjohn99

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 15:38 - Jul 1 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Is the Black one available at a third this year no? It’s the first shirt I’ve had since about 1996!

Scarfer
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 18:13 - Jul 1 with 1353 viewstractorshark

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 15:22 - Jul 1 by yesjohn99

I always thought the white was 3rd kit in 91/92.

It was. The orange one was the away kit. The white was the 3rd kit
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 18:27 - Jul 1 with 1339 viewsPhilTWTD

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 12:08 - Jul 1 by stonojnr

you know when youve been tango'd...remember the Dozzell cover ? :)

Kiwomya! Yes, I do, designed by Dan Thomas. Before my time on TWTD but I got Chris to recreate the pose when I interviewed him some years later. I have the photo somewhere. May have used it on that cover, come to think of it.
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 18:32 - Jul 1 with 1329 viewsPhilTWTD

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 18:13 - Jul 1 by tractorshark

It was. The orange one was the away kit. The white was the 3rd kit

This seems to have it down as the second kit from 89 until 91, then third from then on when the white kit was introduced, which I think might be right, I certainly had the white down as the second kit and orange as the third. But think there were a lot of teams who wore blue and white that season, Blackburn, Bristol Rovers, Brighton etc so we may well have worn orange more regularly.

https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/h---m/category/ipswich-town
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 18:40 - Jul 1 with 1309 viewsPhilTWTD

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 18:27 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Kiwomya! Yes, I do, designed by Dan Thomas. Before my time on TWTD but I got Chris to recreate the pose when I interviewed him some years later. I have the photo somewhere. May have used it on that cover, come to think of it.

The original is on Ebay at the moment as it happens.

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 18:41 - Jul 1 with 1307 viewsPhilTWTD

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 18:40 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

And just realised we invented ITFC blackout looks.

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 22:48 - Jul 1 with 1194 viewsChurchman

Given the somewhat mixed view our home kit, what’s the view on this? Tradition well and truly in the bin. Potentially iconic or ghastly?

https://www.thehornetsshop.co.uk/kit/home-kit/adult/5315_2324-adult-home-shirt.h
Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 19:24 - Jul 2 with 1080 viewsBonchosBicycle

Hate the home shirt, love the away one. (n/t) on 18:40 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Used to have this. Think I lost it in a move :-(

Don't care for the home shirt - looks like a Polo shirt done all the way up. Not a huge fan of collars anyway but was OK with the 95 shirt where it was with a V-neck

The away shirt is sweet. Always liked our orange shirts pretty much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024