Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt 09:08 - Jul 3 with 7366 viewsSivell

Didn’t think it was possible.

But surely this is a new low…

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tom Hunt on 19:03 - Jul 3 with 2069 viewsjontysnut

Tom Hunt on 18:40 - Jul 3 by bluelagos

You lot should stand down, Tom is just an ordinary guy at as home sorting radishes as he is opining on the make up of the UKs migrant requirements.

Like many on here I've done a bit of fruit picking as a student, but a few weeks is different to doing it long term. It's a skilled, hard job and I wasn't very good at it. I remember a whole morning's work being condemned to the juice section because someone had seen me pick an apple the wrong way, which could mean bruising, which could mean supermarkets rejecting a consignment. Pay was docked accordingly. It wasn't like Pop Larkin.
Tom Hunt on 19:04 - Jul 3 with 2066 viewsMattinLondon

You lot should stand down, Tom is just an ordinary guy at as home sorting radishes as he is opining on the make up of the UKs migrant requirements.

Radish Department? Is that what the ‘New Conservatives’ now call themselves?
Tom Hunt on 19:13 - Jul 3 with 2052 viewsDanTheMan

Tom Hunt on 19:03 - Jul 3 by jontysnut

Like many on here I've done a bit of fruit picking as a student, but a few weeks is different to doing it long term. It's a skilled, hard job and I wasn't very good at it. I remember a whole morning's work being condemned to the juice section because someone had seen me pick an apple the wrong way, which could mean bruising, which could mean supermarkets rejecting a consignment. Pay was docked accordingly. It wasn't like Pop Larkin.

This is what winds me up, all very well saying we want our own pickers but there's no thought into why we don't have loads of them. I imagine it has very little to do with hard work (which neither of the presenters challenged him on) and more to do with it being a lifestyle and pay issue.

It's very seasonal, you can't just have a steady job and a flat in one place and do it for the whole year, you've got to go where the picking is. That's immediately going to put off a load of people who don't want to live that lifestyle in combination with fairly poor wages.

And guess where there are not a lot of local people? Out in the sticks where the farms are, so that might be why there are not loads of locals doing fruit picking, because why would there be?

Why nobody ever challenges people on this I don't know.

But let's say we want to raise their wages so we encourage people into it. Great. Food costs more now, I'm sure everyone will be happy with that and there won't be any grumbling.

It's the same with the international students, they want to stop so many of them but there is nothing about how you then deal with the massive funding gap created. Imagine they're not challenged on that either.

It's just completely divorced from reality.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tom Hunt on 19:24 - Jul 3 with 2023 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tom Hunt on 19:13 - Jul 3 by DanTheMan

This is what winds me up, all very well saying we want our own pickers but there's no thought into why we don't have loads of them. I imagine it has very little to do with hard work (which neither of the presenters challenged him on) and more to do with it being a lifestyle and pay issue.

It's very seasonal, you can't just have a steady job and a flat in one place and do it for the whole year, you've got to go where the picking is. That's immediately going to put off a load of people who don't want to live that lifestyle in combination with fairly poor wages.

And guess where there are not a lot of local people? Out in the sticks where the farms are, so that might be why there are not loads of locals doing fruit picking, because why would there be?

But let's say we want to raise their wages so we encourage people into it. Great. Food costs more now, I'm sure everyone will be happy with that and there won't be any grumbling.

It's the same with the international students, they want to stop so many of them but there is nothing about how you then deal with the massive funding gap created. Imagine they're not challenged on that either.

The obvious answer is to allow the return of the free festival circuit and hordes of anarcho punks and hippies living in untaxed and uninsured vehicles to pick your fruit and veg. Twtd.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tom Hunt on 19:35 - Jul 3 with 2004 viewsDanTheMan

Tom Hunt on 19:24 - Jul 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

The obvious answer is to allow the return of the free festival circuit and hordes of anarcho punks and hippies living in untaxed and uninsured vehicles to pick your fruit and veg. Twtd.

That's more of a plan than they have!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tom Hunt on 20:10 - Jul 3 with 1958 viewsElderGrizzly

Indeed.

He just missed out the bit of going to one of the most expensive schools in Cambridgeshire, the job that Daddy got him at his constituents veg picking company as a favour

And then he went on to study at Oxford.

Tommy’s role as Chief of Staff to the Mayor of Peterborough & Cambridge was also called into question and his dad has been accused multiple times of misogyny and homophobia in local politics.

All in all a lovely family.
Tom Hunt on 20:34 - Jul 3 with 1932 viewsBlueNomad

Tom Hunt on 20:10 - Jul 3 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed.

He just missed out the bit of going to one of the most expensive schools in Cambridgeshire, the job that Daddy got him at his constituents veg picking company as a favour

Tommy’s role as Chief of Staff to the Mayor of Peterborough & Cambridge was also called into question and his dad has been accused multiple times of misogyny and homophobia in local politics.

An expensive education and an Oxford degree and, like so many others, a complete moron
Tom Hunt on 21:06 - Jul 3 with 1902 viewsHARRY10

For anyone still unsure just how thick this clown is, and his fellow travellers are, than listen to last nights Radio 4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001ng0l - 28mins

He wants less migration to fill low paid jobs (care workers) instead we should train UK workers and give them the skills, conveniently omitting which government cut the training courses

The shortage of UK workers as care workers is not through any lack of skill, but lack pof mobility, as with so much else in the shortage of labour.

Try moving 'down south' with a family. No council houses, and a 3 bed house in Barnsley will not be enough to buy a three bed house in Basingstoke. Migrant labour is often transient and will put up with far lower housing, as often it is actually a step up.

He confuses 'illegal' migrants with those with permission to work here. Believing those seeking asylum are being employed

And as with Dorries not knowing that CH4 was NOT publicly funded, so the righties new golden girl spoke to some mini Nuremberg Rally this morning, under the misapprehension that care workers were part of the NHS.

How the fck did these thickos get into Parliament, you may ask.

Because idiots around you voted for them. Believed known liars, and were in denial to all evidence

* she bleats that care workers should be paid more, yet the very policy of her government has been to pay NHS staff less than inflation
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt on 21:16 - Jul 3 with 1895 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Hunt on 19:03 - Jul 3 by jontysnut

Quite. Ask him to swap his current job for being a full time fruit picker and I suspect he’d go a bit quiet.

This 12 point ‘plan’ of theirs is madness. They’d take £millions/billions more out of the economy, hitting multiple sectors. Just the overseas student stuff would be madness. They are quite bonkers. Like religious zealots.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Hunt on 21:38 - Jul 3 with 1875 viewsHARRY10

Tom Hunt on 20:10 - Jul 3 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed.

Thankfully he is not part of the 'establishment' that his sort rail against.

i expect that as with so many others of his kind(Tory MPs) they can see what is coming and like Alan partridge are coming up with ever more lunatic ideas, that have no grounding in reality.

Fruit picking etc has always been a short term job usually filled by transient labour. Just as with hop picking .

The manual veg picking in East Anglia was previously carried out mostly be women who did NOT have a regular job. Those times have gone, as most woman now have a job and veg harvesting is done by machinery.

And I suspect that most people in the UK are concerned that their elderly relatives will be cared for, irrespective of where their carers come from.

To suggest that care homes should be banned from recruiting skilled care workers because they are not UK nationals is absurd, as well as dangerous.

This is brexit all over again. Fill idiot heads by stupid ideas, then disappear when the sht hits the fan. As with Farage and Johnson. Don't give a sht for the trail of damage, just lie to benefit yourself.
Tom Hunt on 21:44 - Jul 3 with 1875 viewsSivell

Perfect.

When we have him out on his ear next year, he can return then to the job he so ‘loved’…
Tom Hunt on 21:48 - Jul 3 with 1872 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tom Hunt on 21:06 - Jul 3 by HARRY10

For anyone still unsure just how thick this clown is, and his fellow travellers are, than listen to last nights Radio 4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001ng0l - 28mins

He wants less migration to fill low paid jobs (care workers) instead we should train UK workers and give them the skills, conveniently omitting which government cut the training courses

The shortage of UK workers as care workers is not through any lack of skill, but lack pof mobility, as with so much else in the shortage of labour.

Try moving 'down south' with a family. No council houses, and a 3 bed house in Barnsley will not be enough to buy a three bed house in Basingstoke. Migrant labour is often transient and will put up with far lower housing, as often it is actually a step up.

He confuses 'illegal' migrants with those with permission to work here. Believing those seeking asylum are being employed

And as with Dorries not knowing that CH4 was NOT publicly funded, so the righties new golden girl spoke to some mini Nuremberg Rally this morning, under the misapprehension that care workers were part of the NHS.

How the fck did these thickos get into Parliament, you may ask.

Because idiots around you voted for them. Believed known liars, and were in denial to all evidence

* she bleats that care workers should be paid more, yet the very policy of her government has been to pay NHS staff less than inflation

"Migrant labour is often transient and will put up with far lower housing, as often it is actually a step up."

Thank you EU. It's almost like it is/was a neo Conservative construct.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tom Hunt on 21:49 - Jul 3 with 1869 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Tom Hunt on 21:44 - Jul 3 by Sivell

Perfect.

When we have him out on his ear next year, he can return then to the job he so ‘loved’…

Why is 4 months in a job between school and university described as a "career"?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 21:49]

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Tom Hunt on 22:05 - Jul 3 with 1851 viewsHARRY10

Tom Hunt on 21:48 - Jul 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Migrant labour is often transient and will put up with far lower housing, as often it is actually a step up."

Thank you EU. It's almost like it is/was a neo Conservative construct.

Yes, it was a cunning plot, to err........... impoverish Eastern European countries by keeping them under Soviet control and so ensure the standard of living was far lower...... so they would be willing to take better paid jobs in 'the west'...... and so impoverish UK workers who, err struggle in their class war, proletariat, emancipation and, err ......................... "power to the people"

I do have to wonder if you are not some send up of the rrrrrr revolutionary left, whichever three letters you are a member of RCP, SWP, WRP

Meanwhile in a desperate attempt to snatch the title of thickest rightie from Rees-Mogg, Miriam Cates MP claims

The Tories current immigration policy will cost them the election, as voters will turn to Labour and the Libdems ................ why ?

Ah yes, their hardline policy on immigration
Tom Hunt on 01:06 - Jul 4 with 1796 viewsEireannach_gorm

The Russian history course turned his head.
Tom Hunt on 07:54 - Jul 4 with 1721 viewsGeoffSentence

Tom Hunt on 19:24 - Jul 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

When I were a lad we used to earn a bit of extra pocket money by picking strawberries during the summer holidays.

Of course we had no child labour legislation to prevent that back in the day. Bloody eurocrats putting a stop to all that.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tom Hunt on 07:57 - Jul 4 with 1718 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Tom Hunt on 20:34 - Jul 3 by BlueNomad

An expensive education and an Oxford degree and, like so many others, a complete moron

Confirmation, if it were needed, that he was never a pheasant plucker.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Tom Hunt on 08:26 - Jul 4 with 1690 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Hunt on 19:13 - Jul 3 by DanTheMan

He seemed to have a view that you can start picking radishes and within a couple of years you'll have worked your way up and be a member of the board of directors.

Not that if you want to book a weeks holiday you won't have a job to come back to because they'll just get someone else in and sack you

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Hunt on 09:05 - Jul 4 with 1650 viewsArnoldMoorhen

"Mr Hunt, is it fair to say that your antipathy towards foreigners dates back to the summer when word got around the nightclubs of Wisbech that whilst the Polish lads were waving around leeks, you were only packing a radish?"
Tom Hunt on 09:18 - Jul 4 with 1633 viewsbaxterbasics

Tom Hunt on 13:08 - Jul 3 by DJR

Interesting to hear him and the other MPs involved described as part of the Red Wall.

Ipswich is not the Red Wall, having had Tory MPs off and on over the years.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 13:09]

Agree on this. Ipswich is more of a 'bell weather' seat which will swing the way of the nation. Cannot see the Conservatives hanging on to it, even if they make a recovery in the polls.

Dr Dan is safe. Probably.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Tom Hunt on 10:00 - Jul 4 with 1599 viewsDJR

I think you'll find this is a parody account. Or at least that's how it comes across.

The sad thing is that when I was in my teens and twenties there was a fringe right wing Tory organisation known as the Monday Club, which even to most Tories was regarded as bonkers.

These days policies that the Monday Club would have advocated have now become mainstream in the Tory Party.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 10:07]
Tom Hunt on 12:52 - Jul 4 with 1486 viewsDJR

As the author of the report, and obviously an "intellectual", Hunt is clearly positioning himself, post election, for a presumably lucrative role in one of the various right wing think tanks, bankrolled as they are by some very wealthy and rather dodgy individuals and organisations, often with US connections.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 12:58]
Tom Hunt on 13:02 - Jul 4 with 1466 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Tom Hunt on 12:52 - Jul 4 by DJR

As the author of the report, and obviously an "intellectual", Hunt is clearly positioning himself, post election, for a presumably lucrative role in one of the various right wing think tanks, bankrolled as they are by some very wealthy and rather dodgy individuals and organisations, often with US connections.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 12:58]

There would be a wonderful irony to this though if he couldn’t find employment anywhere else and ended up picking fruit and vegetables again when he’s no longer an MP.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Tom Hunt on 14:35 - Jul 4 with 1409 viewsBlueNomad

Tom Hunt on 13:02 - Jul 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

There would be a wonderful irony to this though if he couldn’t find employment anywhere else and ended up picking fruit and vegetables again when he’s no longer an MP.

Now THAT would be leadership!!!! He would be doing what he says.
Tom Hunt on 14:59 - Jul 4 with 1391 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt on 13:02 - Jul 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

He'll go back to his Media Manager job for The Countryside Alliance, I'm sure.

https://www.countryside-alliance.org/resources/news/i-was-a-candidate-in-an-urba

He really is the classic tory*

* not a compliment

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024