Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was expecting our transfer business done by now 09:40 - Jul 6 with 5964 viewsBobsthename

Foreign pre season games in coming and only one signing surely we have targets and back ups aswell in the main fall through but it appears nothing happening so far i’m not under any illusions that last seasons squad is going to take us to the top half of the table and if we want to achieve premiership status things need to happen asap.
After last season i would hate this to become a struggle to compete Ashton said expect new players to start arriving next week bit odd when the squad is in Austria still just over 3 weeks season kicks off against a very good Sunderland side which if no additions it could be a real test.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:45 - Jul 6 with 3576 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Depends what our ambitions are this season. If we want to finish mid-table; we have a squad capable of that already.

I'd rather us get the right players in than panic again just before the beginning of the season.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:50 - Jul 6 with 3548 viewsMediocre_Quick

We've signed one player,

This isn't FIFA or Football manager where transfer deals are concluded immediately, the Taylor deal should show you that

It wouldn't surprise me if we have several bids in for players we need/want and we're running the negotiations on those,

The window has also only been open 6 days and most teams have only been back for preseason less than 2 weeks so managers are still figuring out their squads and who can stay and who can go

The impatience of our fans is unreal, the only reason over the last 2 seasons we've had such busy windows is because we've been rebuilding a squad that was a shambles, now we have the squad in place, it's getting the right additions in, just chill out
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 3529 viewsBlueBadger

Give over, you massive fanny.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 3528 viewsBobsthename

Stating the obvious and getting down votes thanks children.
I’m playing now.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 9:53]
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 3524 viewsBlueBadger

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:51 - Jul 6 by Bobsthename

I’m playing now.

Was expecting our transfer business done by now by BlueBadger 6 Jul 2023 9:51
Give over, you massive fanny.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:52 - Jul 6 with 3522 viewsGuthrum

Do we give up on our primary targets, making do with second or third choices, as early as the start of July? Do we play the first half of the season with perhaps an inferior squad because we lack patience?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:57 - Jul 6 with 3472 viewsStokieBlue

I’m playing now.

You're getting down votes because the post was hugely simplistic and doesn't address or consider the fact that all transfers involve three parties, only one of which is in the control of the club.

You post implies that they should be able to click on a player and buy them regardless of the other two parties much like a famous computer game.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:05 - Jul 6 with 3417 viewsSwansea_Blue

Really? Seems a bit optimistic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:06 - Jul 6 with 3410 viewsSwansea_Blue

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:57 - Jul 6 by StokieBlue

You're getting down votes because the post was hugely simplistic and doesn't address or consider the fact that all transfers involve three parties, only one of which is in the control of the club.

You post implies that they should be able to click on a player and buy them regardless of the other two parties much like a famous computer game.

SB

Grand Theft Auto?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:17 - Jul 6 with 3330 viewshomer_123

Depends on how you look at things.

We tied up a few contracts with existing players.

Tied up a contract for our manager.

Made a significant signing in Taylor.

Moved a few players on.

Suspect that a few more need to move on as well. So, we'll be doing as much work on thinning the squad down as much as bringing others in.

Oh and...

Worried? by homer_123 4 Jul 2023 9:06
Yes, very - at the point of cancelling my season ticket.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:20 - Jul 6 with 3274 viewsKeno

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:06 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

Grand Theft Auto?

Lemmings

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:41 - Jul 6 with 3140 viewsRopeyAdvice

U wally! Just wait and be patient. The better transfers take time. We are shopping in a different pool of players this window. Weve tied up the signings of our prized assets to longer term deals and shipped out some fringe players. Id say we are in decent shape for the quality to arrive in the next few weeks now. chin up ey Bob!
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:42 - Jul 6 with 3126 viewsWestcountryblue

Most clubs are only into their second week of preseason. Clubs will want to assess the progress of returning loan players, review development plans and make squad decisions. Also a lot of the movement depends on the how successful other clubs are in securing their own targets. For example, Leicester may want another striker through the door before selling George Hurst.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:04 - Jul 6 with 3022 viewsberkstractorboy

We are targeting quality players, which means there is lots of interest from other clubs. That means clubs are trying to drive bidding wars to increase transfer value and the players themselves might be holding out to see what other choices may be available.

Equally as these are good players clubs are waiting for a replacement to be in place before letting them go.

All in all this summer we are operating in a different transfer market to last summer as the players are more desirable to a wider clubs who are probably more attractive than us at this time.

Be patient as hard as that is.
Jet Set Willy. (n/t) on 11:10 - Jul 6 with 2973 viewsBloots

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:20 - Jul 6 by Keno

Lemmings

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Jet Set Willy. (n/t) on 11:13 - Jul 6 with 2945 viewsKeno

Jet Set Willy. (n/t) on 11:10 - Jul 6 by Bloots

you told me you'd never post my 'professional' name

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:19 - Jul 6 with 2914 viewsStewart27

Thanks again for your contribution Bob. That was a long sentence.

Maybe you could email the club and share your thoughts and they may try and sign some players.

I’m also thinking that Sunderland will be a real test regardless of recruitment.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:26 - Jul 6 with 2866 viewsStewart27

I’m playing now.

You’re getting down votes because your post was rubbish.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:29 - Jul 6 with 2847 viewsBobbychase

Eeeeesh. It's the first week of July.

I'd much rather the club get the RIGHT players in (it took a while to get Broadhead, Hirst in the door but it was worth the wait) than sign someone because people are, despite everything Gamechanger and Ashton and McKenna have said and done over the past two seasons, losing their minds because they haven't seen us mentioned on Sky Sports much.

Luongo, new deal, Morsy, new deal, Chaplin, new deal, McKenna, new deal, Taylor, signed.

Do calm down please.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:41 - Jul 6 with 2775 viewsBobsthename

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:26 - Jul 6 by Stewart27

You’re getting down votes because your post was rubbish.

And so are you.😳
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:43 - Jul 6 with 2754 viewsberkstractorboy

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:29 - Jul 6 by Bobbychase

Eeeeesh. It's the first week of July.

I'd much rather the club get the RIGHT players in (it took a while to get Broadhead, Hirst in the door but it was worth the wait) than sign someone because people are, despite everything Gamechanger and Ashton and McKenna have said and done over the past two seasons, losing their minds because they haven't seen us mentioned on Sky Sports much.

Luongo, new deal, Morsy, new deal, Chaplin, new deal, McKenna, new deal, Taylor, signed.

Do calm down please.

Has the Morsy contract extn been announced, did I miss that? I've heard the rumours its already done so assume waiting to be announced. Great news if that is the case.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:46 - Jul 6 with 2733 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 09:52 - Jul 6 by Guthrum

Do we give up on our primary targets, making do with second or third choices, as early as the start of July? Do we play the first half of the season with perhaps an inferior squad because we lack patience?

We went for our main target all summer last season and didnt get him then got a guy in out of his depth, so l can see what the original poster is saying.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:59 - Jul 6 with 2646 viewsnodge_blue

I think it's one thing to buy players from Fleetwood or Accrington Stanley, but more difficult when trying to buy from Everton. Clubs where they don't have to sell players, or looking for big fees when they do.

I would like Hirst in tomorrow, but Im sure their new manager is currently assessing him in training and seeing him for the first time.

Some deals may just not be possible early in the window.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:15 - Jul 6 with 2562 viewsGuthrum

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 11:46 - Jul 6 by Naylorsrightboot

We went for our main target all summer last season and didnt get him then got a guy in out of his depth, so l can see what the original poster is saying.

That was one main target out of several. We got the rest (so far as we can tell) - mostly later in the window than now.

It's not like Ahadme was plucked from non-League, he'd been scoring goals for Burton (also of League One) before we signed him. It was more the case he was not needed (and was injured) than a complete disaster. He din't get Hirst and Ladapo's opportunities to work his way into the team.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:16 - Jul 6 with 2550 viewschicoazul

Tell us more about why you expected that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024