Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was expecting our transfer business done by now 09:40 - Jul 6 with 6012 viewsBobsthename

Foreign pre season games in coming and only one signing surely we have targets and back ups aswell in the main fall through but it appears nothing happening so far i’m not under any illusions that last seasons squad is going to take us to the top half of the table and if we want to achieve premiership status things need to happen asap.
After last season i would hate this to become a struggle to compete Ashton said expect new players to start arriving next week bit odd when the squad is in Austria still just over 3 weeks season kicks off against a very good Sunderland side which if no additions it could be a real test.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:19 - Jul 6 with 1861 viewsIllinoisblue

It is outrageous that every other club in England, Europe and the World have all completed their transfer dealings, and it’s just silly little Ipswich leaving it to the last minute. So much for changing the game, eh?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:20 - Jul 6 with 1859 viewsBobsthename

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:16 - Jul 6 by chicoazul

Tell us more about why you expected that.

Because the manager and ceo said they hoped to deals done and dusted before preseason matches.

Keep slinging something will stick.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:32 - Jul 6 with 1805 viewsDarth_Koont

We’re at a different level now in terms of league plus arguably through financial backing that we’re now part of the Prem League market. Or certainly much more affected by it.

Case in point: our loanee market now will be players on the fringe of being in their submitted squad. Last year and dropping down to League One they wouldn’t have been that close. Even the permanent signings we made wouldn’t really be that troubled by the knock-on effect from the Prem and top Championship transfer merry-go-round.

As someone who believes that this squad is much better as a unit than a group of individuals and the team is not going to be transformed for the better by a load of new players, then I think we need to fill obvious gaps like strikers but generally can be choosy and/or wait to see what opportunities pop up. We’re good enough to be mid-table perhaps even be in touch of the play-offs if we stay as we are. Adding just two or three quality additions now could well be the best approach anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:36 - Jul 6 with 1791 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not sure if you're an idiot or a troll, or maybe a bit of both. But I'm pretty sure no club, ever, with any ambition of doing anything, has ever completed their transfer business this early.

Even if we get no further additions (which won't be the case) we still won't be facing Sunderland with no additions, as we've signed Taylor.

You are utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly clueless.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:42 - Jul 6 with 1774 viewsNthQldITFC

Is it Horace and the Spiders?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:46 - Jul 6 with 1761 viewstractorboy1978

Hopefully we can get at least 1 more sorted and over the line before they head to Austria. You can guarantee Ashton and McKenna are really frustrated at the moment.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:57 - Jul 6 with 1711 viewsmutters

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:06 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

Grand Theft Auto?

Horace Goes Skiing?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 13:19 - Jul 6 with 1662 viewsblueasfook

I know right. We dithered over Bellingham for example, and now he has gone to Real Madrid.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 13:31 - Jul 6 with 1619 viewsblueasfook

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 10:06 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

Grand Theft Auto?

You can play tennis in GTA. I think that's awesome

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 13:35 - Jul 6 with 1606 viewsSuperblue95

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 13:31 - Jul 6 by blueasfook

You can play tennis in GTA. I think that's awesome

And arm wrestling

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 13:35 - Jul 6 with 1607 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

If you have that many ‘concerns’ under this leadership, I can only imagine you must have been an emotional wreck under Marcus Evans.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 13:35 - Jul 6 with 1606 viewsCoastalblue

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:57 - Jul 6 by mutters

Horace Goes Skiing?

Leisure Suit Larry?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 13:37 - Jul 6 with 1592 viewsxrayspecs

We did not pay a transfer fee for a player last season until 15 July and that was to a L1 side. The second fee we paid was only days before the season started.

In previous seasons we shopped a lot in the free transfer shop, those deals are done earlier in the summer.

This year our sights are no doubt set higher, which means deals will be done much closer to the deadline.
BobstheName.... on 13:39 - Jul 6 with 1573 viewsStu_Magoo

And being a whopper is the game.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 15:23 - Jul 6 with 1467 viewsblueasfook

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 13:35 - Jul 6 by Superblue95

And arm wrestling

really? I have never tried the arm wrestling. Where do you go for that?

I did manage to pick up a hooker and then shot her. I am sure GTA is breeding a future generation of serial killers.

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 15:26 - Jul 6 with 1459 viewsJ2BLUE

Always interesting when people expect something which goes against everything we have seen in previous season.

We're battling for quality players. By the first game we will have at least another 2 key players in. By the end of the window probably 3-4.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 15:27 - Jul 6 with 1456 viewsOldsmoker

Long shot.
We might discover the Austrian Tyrone Mings on our travels - for free.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 15:31 - Jul 6 with 1442 viewsthe_toff

We were never going to have all our business done by 7th July chap.

We've already signed Taylor and realistically we're only 1 signing (forward) away from having a pretty well balanced squad. I'm sure we would all like 2 but we still have Freddie and can always look at the loan market for a bit of depth. They don't tend to happen until later in the window when clubs have got their ducks in a row.

As others have said we've also locked in McKenna and Chaplin and moved on some of the dead wood. More of that to go but we're not in a bad spot in terms of the squad. And there's still a while before the season starts.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 15:32 - Jul 6 with 1421 viewsgiant_stow

I tried to give you a little uppie to make you feel less got at, but it didn't help.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 15:32]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 15:33 - Jul 6 with 1408 viewsKropotkin123

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:16 - Jul 6 by chicoazul

Tell us more about why you expected that.

Haha, please don't!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 15:57 - Jul 6 with 1339 viewsVegtablue

Don't let them put you off Bob it's been slow going!
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 16:03 - Jul 6 with 1314 viewsStewart27

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:20 - Jul 6 by Bobsthename

Because the manager and ceo said they hoped to deals done and dusted before preseason matches.

Keep slinging something will stick.

So do you not think the CEO and manager are hoping that we get deals done now?

I think they are still hoping for what it’s worth.

There’s hope for you still Bob.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 16:09 - Jul 6 with 1300 viewsCoastalblue

Maybe our transfer business is done Bob?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 22:15 - Jul 6 with 1175 viewsBobsthename

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 12:36 - Jul 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not sure if you're an idiot or a troll, or maybe a bit of both. But I'm pretty sure no club, ever, with any ambition of doing anything, has ever completed their transfer business this early.

Even if we get no further additions (which won't be the case) we still won't be facing Sunderland with no additions, as we've signed Taylor.

You are utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly clueless.

God of read some crap on your posts and here you go to prove me correct you really are an utterly utterly utterly massive TW#t.
Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 22:35 - Jul 6 with 1151 viewsSuperblue95

Was expecting our transfer business done by now on 15:23 - Jul 6 by blueasfook

really? I have never tried the arm wrestling. Where do you go for that?

I did manage to pick up a hooker and then shot her. I am sure GTA is breeding a future generation of serial killers.

Could be wrong as haven’t played in years but you could do it online I think from that pub near Trevor’s shack (you can do darts there too)

I wouldn’t recommend though, it’s just button mashing.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024