Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. 09:00 - Jul 15 with 4460 viewsunstableblue

… summarises why much of Arsenals interest in him comes from wanting a character and a leader.

Well worth a read

http://www.whufc.com/news/personal-message-west-ham-united-supporters-declan-ric

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 10:57 - Jul 15 with 3868 viewsArchiRob

Getting to be a Novelette very good though
Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 12:23 - Jul 15 with 3668 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Yep. One of the good guys by the sounds of it.
Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 12:31 - Jul 15 with 3622 viewsjaykay

sounds a good man. he traveled miles from his home to go west ham ,that bit made me smile. the beat traveled at least 20 times further as a youngest to come to the town

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 12:47 - Jul 15 with 3522 viewsgiant_stow

Personally I reckon he could be the making of arsenal, although I don't understand why they don't seem to be after a goal scorer too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 12:56 - Jul 15 with 3460 viewsunstableblue

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 12:31 - Jul 15 by jaykay

sounds a good man. he traveled miles from his home to go west ham ,that bit made me smile. the beat traveled at least 20 times further as a youngest to come to the town

Yes I read the Beat biography - and his journey to Ipswich from Carlisle unsupervised, was basically a ticket and a pair of rubbish boots! And little idea where he was going

Interesting to read that he would have played for Liverpool if threat scout had meet him at the station for his second trial

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:10 - Jul 15 with 3413 viewsWD19

That’s a lot of words to say “please don’t boo me”.
Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:11 - Jul 15 with 3399 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 12:47 - Jul 15 by giant_stow

Personally I reckon he could be the making of arsenal, although I don't understand why they don't seem to be after a goal scorer too.

Probably because they scored 88 goals last season?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:16 - Jul 15 with 3364 viewsSE1blue

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:10 - Jul 15 by WD19

That’s a lot of words to say “please don’t boo me”.

And any rational, sensible person will totally under his comment of 'Ultimately, though, it has only ever been about my ambition to play at the very highest level of the game.' but I bet that'll annoy some West Ham fans who think their team is the highest level.

Seems like a good lad and has been outstanding for England.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Login to get fewer ads

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:19 - Jul 15 with 3346 viewsbournemouthblue

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:11 - Jul 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A bit more steel and experience through their side is what they need, they're probably doing that to be fair

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:51 - Jul 15 with 3250 viewsgiant_stow

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:11 - Jul 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan, but ultimately, they didn't score enough to win the league and the strikers tally must have been low. Just seems like an obvious place to try and improve.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 14:03 - Jul 15 with 3210 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:51 - Jul 15 by giant_stow

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan, but ultimately, they didn't score enough to win the league and the strikers tally must have been low. Just seems like an obvious place to try and improve.

They only scored 6 less than Man City (13 more than the next highest) though, but conceded 10 more. Obviously it’s fine margins but scoring goals wasn’t their issue - when they went on their wobbly run of 3 draws that saw them surrender their lead to Man City they scored 2, 2 and 3, so pretty easy to see why they would see someone like Rice as a key missing piece

They have of course also signed Havertz

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 14:16 - Jul 15 with 3160 viewsgiant_stow

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 14:03 - Jul 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

They only scored 6 less than Man City (13 more than the next highest) though, but conceded 10 more. Obviously it’s fine margins but scoring goals wasn’t their issue - when they went on their wobbly run of 3 draws that saw them surrender their lead to Man City they scored 2, 2 and 3, so pretty easy to see why they would see someone like Rice as a key missing piece

They have of course also signed Havertz

Yeah very fine margins and its an incredibly tough ask to try better the best team in the world. Havertz could come good - hope he does.

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 14:17 - Jul 15 with 3152 viewsBlueNote

Just one bit I didn't understand. He became only the third WH captain to lift a major trophy?
Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 15:41 - Jul 15 with 3040 viewsWeWereZombies

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 14:17 - Jul 15 by BlueNote

Just one bit I didn't understand. He became only the third WH captain to lift a major trophy?

They have never won the league but have won the FA Cup three times and the Cup Winner's Cup once - Bobby Moore was captain for the first European Trophy and FA Cup win, Billy Bonds for the other two FA Cup wins and Rice was the captain for the European Pizza Cup...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 17:37 - Jul 15 with 2877 viewschicoazul

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 12:31 - Jul 15 by jaykay

Went round the M25 wow amazing scenes. Makes you wonder how the South American kids coming to Europe manage doesn’t it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 17:49 - Jul 15 with 2828 viewsJ2BLUE

I think he's worth that but whether he wins a major major trophy with them will likely decide the majority view. Not sure a couple of FA Cups is enough. A bit unfair as he can't do it on his own and a PL or CL title looks unlikely.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 17:51 - Jul 15 with 2820 viewsTractorWood

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 17:37 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

Went round the M25 wow amazing scenes. Makes you wonder how the South American kids coming to Europe manage doesn’t it.

Must have been ridiculously difficult to adapt to life 20 minutes from home with people his age who also love football.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 21:37 - Jul 15 with 2529 viewsBlueNote

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 15:41 - Jul 15 by WeWereZombies

They have never won the league but have won the FA Cup three times and the Cup Winner's Cup once - Bobby Moore was captain for the first European Trophy and FA Cup win, Billy Bonds for the other two FA Cup wins and Rice was the captain for the European Pizza Cup...

My point being, they didn't win a major trophy last year.
Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 21:47 - Jul 15 with 2522 viewsWeWereZombies

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 21:37 - Jul 15 by BlueNote

My point being, they didn't win a major trophy last year.

I'll leave you to have that discussion with any Hammers you meet along the way...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 22:09 - Jul 15 with 2485 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

There's little doubt he's a good player but the money is utterly ridiculous. Is he 100 times better than Leif Davis for example? Of course he's not The world's gone mad.
Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 22:24 - Jul 15 with 2443 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think this good end up being very good for the player, both clubs and England. Him working with Arteta and not having to relocate from London I think are good things.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 22:30 - Jul 15 with 2432 viewsBlueNote

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 21:47 - Jul 15 by WeWereZombies

I'll leave you to have that discussion with any Hammers you meet along the way...

I did recently, and although he didn't agree, he conceded winning the uefa cup was a bigger achievement.
Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 22:35 - Jul 15 with 2418 viewsBigCommon

Good luck to him. I think he's quality. Chelsea must be kicking themselves for casting him aside as a youngster.
Sides with money to spend and a need for a certain player, are always held to ransome with price. Dont think its a question of whether Rice or any other player is worth 100mil. Thats just what it takes to get the deal done..
Gunners making some good signings, imo. Rice, Haverts, Timber. They are looking stronger on paper, than last season. So would expect them to be right up there again, this season. Be interesting to see how they handle the pressure this time round. Spending what they are spending, and coming close last season, before bottling it. The expectations are going to be much higher..
Can he be Arsenals Rodri?? on 00:16 - Jul 16 with 2257 viewsunstableblue

Rodri has in some way been Man City’s key player.. he’s a beast with an engine… tough tackling, niggly, box to box, defensive midfielder

When he clicks they click

Rice has got a similar engine… and just gets round the pitch and mops up space

Gamechanger for Arsenal perhaps

Whether Rice is worth £105m remains to be seen, but his leaving letter.. on 13:41 - Jul 16 with 1930 viewsElephantintheRoom

You do realise this guff is written by his ‘team’?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024