Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich 16:53 - Aug 9 with 3156 viewsdusseldorf_blue

He used to play for Dortmund, well I never!

https://www.kicker.de/lambert-im-interview-2-0-fuer-mainz-stimmt-was-mit-deinem-
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 16:54]
Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 16:59 - Aug 9 with 3069 viewsBlueandTruesince82

How much longer have we got to pay his Marcus Evans sponsored new contract for?

Can't see him going anywhere whilst he has that ticking along. QPR perhaps? They're nae normal at the moment

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:08 - Aug 9 with 2993 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 16:59 - Aug 9 by BlueandTruesince82

Can't see him going anywhere whilst he has that ticking along. QPR perhaps? They're nae normal at the moment

Till summer after next...

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/lambert-signs-new-contract-at-ipswich/#

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:09 - Aug 9 with 2977 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 16:59 - Aug 9 by BlueandTruesince82

That's the sort of job he's LOVE isn't it?

No pressure to actually achieve anything, a desperate fanbase and a ready-made excuse in the shape of the owners for when he gets them relegated.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:09 - Aug 9 with 2980 viewspointofblue

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:08 - Aug 9 by BlueBadger

Till summer after next...

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/lambert-signs-new-contract-at-ipswich/#

I remember the news coming out just before we played Wycombe on Sky. The shock from everyone that we'd given him a long term contract...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:11 - Aug 9 with 2964 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:09 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

I remember the news coming out just before we played Wycombe on Sky. The shock from everyone that we'd given him a long term contract...

I think Evans was still labouring under the delusion that was still as inexplicably popular in January as he had been over the preceding summer despite being in the process of overseeing a catastrophic collapse in form, fitness, team discipline and morale.

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:12 - Aug 9 with 2956 viewsDanTheMan

That poor team.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:14 - Aug 9 with 2940 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:12 - Aug 9 by DanTheMan

That poor team.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, as a fanbase, QPR are up there as one of the best. Their club's owners on the other hand....

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:16 - Aug 9 with 2921 viewspointofblue

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:11 - Aug 9 by BlueBadger

I think Evans was still labouring under the delusion that was still as inexplicably popular in January as he had been over the preceding summer despite being in the process of overseeing a catastrophic collapse in form, fitness, team discipline and morale.

I'd love to know why.

The run from 23rd November to 29th December.
DDDLLDL

Four points out 21. Yep, sure he'll still be popular.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:18 - Aug 9 with 2909 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:16 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

I'd love to know why.

DDDLLDL

That bloody 'Lambo' banner. Christ alive.

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 2523 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:18 - Aug 9 by BlueBadger

That bloody 'Lambo' banner. Christ alive.

I think that’s harsh.

He was a useless manager but Blue Actions banner to back him when he first came in and seemed to understand the shambles of a situation the club was in was refreshing. He did, at least for the first few months, seem to get it and the terrible hand us fans were dealing with.

It’s easy with hindsight to laugh at the banner but at the time nobody batted an eyelid and, if anything, it was rightfully praised.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 18:45 - Aug 9 with 2505 viewsGuthrum

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:16 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

I'd love to know why.

DDDLLDL

I reckon the deal was negotiated a couple of months or so earlier (when things were going reasonably well), but there was some sort of delay in actually finalising. Perhaps Evans wasn't available to sign it off, who knows? The end result being we got a post-deal slump starting before it had even been made public.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nope, it was not needed at all.... on 18:46 - Aug 9 with 2490 viewsBloots

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 18:42 - Aug 9 by The_Romford_Blue

I think that’s harsh.

He was a useless manager but Blue Actions banner to back him when he first came in and seemed to understand the shambles of a situation the club was in was refreshing. He did, at least for the first few months, seem to get it and the terrible hand us fans were dealing with.

It’s easy with hindsight to laugh at the banner but at the time nobody batted an eyelid and, if anything, it was rightfully praised.

....he was (and is) an ex budgie, who at the time was arguably their most successful manager.

On that basis alone we should never have had a "display" for him.

It was fairly obvious to a lot of us that he was just a PR merchant who was totally past his prime and desperately looking to curry favour with the fanbase.

I said so at the time, and I believe that even BA themselves later admitted they got that one wrong.

#lambertout

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 19:00 - Aug 9 with 2392 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 18:42 - Aug 9 by The_Romford_Blue

I think that’s harsh.

It was embarrassing at the time and it's even more embarrassing now.

'He just gets it' seems even more facile now. If he truly 'got it' he would have actually done some coaching, organising and motivating rather than hollow self promotion and blame deflection.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 19:07]

Nope, it was not needed at all.... on 19:10 - Aug 9 with 2346 viewsBlueBadger

Nope, it was not needed at all.... on 18:46 - Aug 9 by Bloots

....he was (and is) an ex budgie, who at the time was arguably their most successful manager.

On that basis alone we should never have had a "display" for him.

It was fairly obvious to a lot of us that he was just a PR merchant who was totally past his prime and desperately looking to curry favour with the fanbase.

I said so at the time, and I believe that even BA themselves later admitted they got that one wrong.

#lambertout

Plus, you just KNOW that The Fraud used it as an example of his popularity with the fans to engineer that ludicrous deal.

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 20:04 - Aug 9 with 2178 viewsNutkins_Return

Unpopular opinion but some of what he said turned out to be right. I thought it was ridiculous excuse making when he talked about there being no infrastructure at the club and a big part of the problem.

We got new owners, they put in fantastic background infrastructure and a very large coaching team (Lambert had minimal) and it has done wonders. He was also right on how this club would get rocking if we got some momentum. Bang on.

Wasn't the right man but also wasn't it the job at the right time. He wanted to do play like McKenna does, play out from the back and he started that. He didn't have the talent McKenna has to implement it or the players and it was painful to watch.

He'll be a bit of a hate figure which is harsh. He didn't help himself at the end. All said and done hindsight says I think anybody would have failed under the old regime though.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 20:06]
Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 20:38 - Aug 9 with 1992 viewsKropotkin123

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 20:04 - Aug 9 by Nutkins_Return

Unpopular opinion but some of what he said turned out to be right. I thought it was ridiculous excuse making when he talked about there being no infrastructure at the club and a big part of the problem.

We got new owners, they put in fantastic background infrastructure and a very large coaching team (Lambert had minimal) and it has done wonders. He was also right on how this club would get rocking if we got some momentum. Bang on.

Wasn't the right man but also wasn't it the job at the right time. He wanted to do play like McKenna does, play out from the back and he started that. He didn't have the talent McKenna has to implement it or the players and it was painful to watch.

He'll be a bit of a hate figure which is harsh. He didn't help himself at the end. All said and done hindsight says I think anybody would have failed under the old regime though.

Many people, myself included, were saying we needed to get rid of Lambert AND improve our infrastructure. That if we only did one, we would be unlikely to see success. When he started banging on about infrastructure, it seemed like he was trying to tap into this frustration fans had already aired.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 21:09 - Aug 9 with 1854 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 20:04 - Aug 9 by Nutkins_Return

The infrastructure comments were spot on but anyone could see that, even Paul Hirst saw that. The whole place had become tired, our scouting network was basically Championship manager for years.

All the players signing over the years talking about facilities and being a PL club in the making, all lip service wasn't it and it's true that Evans was never going tk put THAT much money on that.

Awful manager though, and the gasligting that went on with fans. Yeah sure, the infrastructure but also we were mostly crap, toothless and should have performed better, even with that squad than we did under him

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 21:24 - Aug 9 with 1792 viewscarlo88

In my opinion our worst ever manager, and I include Roy Keane, Paul Hurst and John Duncan in that assessment.

Cynical, manipulative, self-serving, got us relegated and made no impression at all in League One.

Can't stand the bloke.
Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 21:54 - Aug 9 with 1678 viewsRyorry

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 17:09 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

Think it was actually the biggest shock I've ever encountered in 45 years of watching football!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 22:10 - Aug 9 with 1604 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Lambert would have retained a lot more support had he not started going after the local journos and some fans. He was painfully right about how Evans ran the club that is correct, but he should have got that side on PPG out of this league the first season. I think he was screwed over by Evans rushing to get Bart off the wages as soon as the Season Ticket money came in, and we brought in Holy who while a nice guy was average in L1 at best and that tragic ex-Royston keeper. Not having a decent keeper did us so much damage as we just leaked goals against awful teams.
Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 22:17 - Aug 9 with 1570 viewsNutkins_Return

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 22:10 - Aug 9 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Lambert would have retained a lot more support had he not started going after the local journos and some fans. He was painfully right about how Evans ran the club that is correct, but he should have got that side on PPG out of this league the first season. I think he was screwed over by Evans rushing to get Bart off the wages as soon as the Season Ticket money came in, and we brought in Holy who while a nice guy was average in L1 at best and that tragic ex-Royston keeper. Not having a decent keeper did us so much damage as we just leaked goals against awful teams.

Pretty fair. The way he imploded was mind boggling really. I think he actually had a lot of stress and lost his head quite honestly.

I think the team wasn't nearly as strong as we thought. So many coming toward the end of it and physically just not up to it. Skuse, chambo, sears, Judge. Even Bishop and Dozzell were physically not at it. Downes was one of the few with an engine.

I genuinely think Lambert tried hard until the last few months. He just wasn't good enough under pretty poor conditions. Stuff he did with Phil etc is indefensible. Forgive and forget and move on for me.
Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 23:01 - Aug 9 with 1437 viewsblaggers

To my memory, he never had decent enough German to work over in the Bundesliga.

Poll: What happens next?

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 23:34 - Aug 9 with 1352 viewswkj

I just want him to spill the tea on what it was like working for Marcus Evans. Don't like Lamberk for much, but his comment about the club having poor infrastructure is one of the things I would love to hear more about

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert ready for a new job - needed time to recover from Ipswich on 08:08 - Aug 10 with 996 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

His behaviour towards Phil, Brenner and most of the local journos tbh was pretty disgraceful.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024