Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harness 20:29 - Aug 9 with 1938 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Did he have an injury last season?

I remember him having a real good spell, scoring... then he kinda just stopped playing as well.

was his purple patch just a peak?

He looks bereft of confidence on the ball compared to how I remember him at start of last season
Harness on 20:33 - Aug 9 with 1882 viewsnrb1985

KM has a real blind spot with him.

Cannot believe the game time he gets. Hasn’t played well for a year.
Harness on 20:34 - Aug 9 with 1878 viewsSE1blue

Did well in pre-season but I think he is just a mixed bag kind of player. One night hot, the next...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Harness on 20:45 - Aug 9 with 1759 viewsMetal_Hacker

His work rate is great but it’s a shame about his first touch at times. His second touch is invariably a tackle

Poll: If it were one or the other

Harness on 20:47 - Aug 9 with 1746 viewsMullet

Harness to Undergo Surgery and Out for 10 Weeks 25th Nov 2022 09:36
Town forward Marcus Harness is set to undergo surgery in the next few days on the injury he suffered during Tuesday’s Papa Johns Trophy tie against his former club Portsmouth at Portman Road and is facing eight-to-10 weeks on the sidelines. 20

Here you go.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Harness on 20:49 - Aug 9 with 1722 viewsgreyhound

Harness on 20:45 - Aug 9 by Metal_Hacker

His work rate is great but it’s a shame about his first touch at times. His second touch is invariably a tackle

We've been good tonight... Apart from Harness, he's been really poor, Edwards is nowhere to be seen, we need a first team quality replacement
Harness on 20:50 - Aug 9 with 1713 viewsNutkins_Return

Harness on 20:33 - Aug 9 by nrb1985

Yes...probably McKenna, a top class coach who sees him play every training session, match and has all his running data, positional data and stats who has the blind spot.

He also started really well for us before his injury. Showed some good signs end of last season's and has had a strong pre-season.
Harness on 20:52 - Aug 9 with 1685 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Harness on 20:47 - Aug 9 by Mullet

Harness to Undergo Surgery and Out for 10 Weeks 25th Nov 2022 09:36
Town forward Marcus Harness is set to undergo surgery in the next few days on the injury he suffered during Tuesday’s Papa Johns Trophy tie against his former club Portsmouth at Portman Road and is facing eight-to-10 weeks on the sidelines. 20

Here you go.

Cheers - thought there had to be something

hope he can make it click again soon
Harness on 21:03 - Aug 9 with 1588 viewsnrb1985

Harness on 20:50 - Aug 9 by Nutkins_Return

Yes...probably McKenna, a top class coach who sees him play every training session, match and has all his running data, positional data and stats who has the blind spot.

He also started really well for us before his injury. Showed some good signs end of last season's and has had a strong pre-season.

Annoys me when people say things like your first paragraph. That because someone is a professional they can’t have a decision questioned? Even Pep has done silly things like signing Claudio Bravo…

And the second paragraph is cobblers. He was called upon only once in the tail end of last year, away at Cheltenham and was hooked at HT because he was absolutely pony.
Login to get fewer ads

Harness on 21:07 - Aug 9 with 1529 viewsSteve_M

Harness on 21:03 - Aug 9 by nrb1985

Annoys me when people say things like your first paragraph. That because someone is a professional they can’t have a decision questioned? Even Pep has done silly things like signing Claudio Bravo…

And the second paragraph is cobblers. He was called upon only once in the tail end of last year, away at Cheltenham and was hooked at HT because he was absolutely pony.

He started one match but was used to close out other matches in that run, Barnsley in particular he played well when he came on.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Harness on 21:10 - Aug 9 with 1497 viewsMetal_Hacker

His pass completion stat tonight must be shocking

Poll: If it were one or the other

Harness on 21:22 - Aug 9 with 1420 viewsnrb1985

Harness on 21:07 - Aug 9 by Steve_M

He started one match but was used to close out other matches in that run, Barnsley in particular he played well when he came on.

You or I could go on in a game we’re 3 nil up in with 10 minutes to go and look reasonable.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 21:23]
Harness on 21:28 - Aug 9 with 1367 viewsSteve_M

Harness on 21:22 - Aug 9 by nrb1985

You or I could go on in a game we’re 3 nil up in with 10 minutes to go and look reasonable.

Now who has a blind spot about Harness.

He’s been disappointing since his injury and is a player we’ll upgrade upon soon but no reason not to give him credit when he has played well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Harness on 21:30 - Aug 9 with 1354 viewsSwansea_Blue

Harness on 20:33 - Aug 9 by nrb1985

Must admit that I’m bemused by it too. It seemed daft to play him at times last season when Aluko was sat on the bench twiddling his thumbs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Harness on 21:47 - Aug 9 with 1270 viewsRyorry

But Charlton ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Harness on 21:53 - Aug 9 with 1220 viewsVaughan8

Harness on 21:10 - Aug 9 by Metal_Hacker

His pass completion stat tonight must be shocking

According to whoscored.com, the worst pass completion %s were:

Harness 76
Hutchinson 77
Ladapo 75
Chaplin 75
Harness on 22:00 - Aug 9 with 1164 viewsNutkins_Return

Come on...

No issue with you having an opinion it was the fact you said McKenna has a blind spot for him. He doesn't. It's literally the opposite in that he knows all the attributes Harness is bringing to the table. We get annoyed when we see one of his 'close controls' go 5 yards away from him. McKenna is seeing his high energy press leading to us winning a ball back in a next phase etc etc.

Fyi - I'm not convinced in Harness. I do think he can improve and play at this level. Whether or not that will be for us I'm not convinced. But he has an engine on him, a very good eye for goal and can create. I think ultimately we'll upgrade.
Harness on 22:58 - Aug 9 with 963 viewshoppy

Harness on 21:53 - Aug 9 by Vaughan8

According to whoscored.com, the worst pass completion %s were:

Harness 76
Hutchinson 77
Ladapo 75
Chaplin 75

Any consideration given for time on the pitch?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Harness on 23:04 - Aug 9 with 939 viewsblaggers

He got into all the right positions tonight - and like others have said, his work rate was brilliant. His passing let him down tonight, but to put it into context, we wouldn't be moaning other than we have Broadhead who looks phenomenal.

I found him frustrating at times tonight, but the same could be said of Hutchinson and Baggott.

Poll: What happens next?

Harness on 23:05 - Aug 9 with 933 viewsVaughan8

Harness on 22:58 - Aug 9 by hoppy

Any consideration given for time on the pitch?

Well I can give you the number of passes....

Harness 41
Hutchinson 30
Ladapo 12
Chaplin 12

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1735424/Live/England-League-Cup-2023-2024-Ipsw

Based on facts, Harness wasn't as bad "completed passes" stat as was said. However, obviously all subjective and could be misleading. maybe 20 of Harness' pass were just a pass back to Leigh or whatever (I don't know as I didn't watch)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024