Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower 14:29 - Aug 27 with 7338 viewsCopfordBlue

Noticed something going on after they scored their fourth. Were they causing trouble or did they just jump up /cheer when Leeds scored? Given the fuss I could see some Ipswich supporters making with their protesting and gesticulating at the stewards I’m assuming it was the former.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 15:31 - Aug 27 with 6015 viewsblueprint

There was at least 1 who must have jumped up which seemed to annoy our fans . Stewards and the police then struggled to remove him but finally got him out depute a lot of resistance from him.
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 15:49 - Aug 27 with 5918 viewsBlueOura

I was sitting quite close to it and yes, a Leeds fan did jump up / celebrate when they scored.

To be honest it really didn't bother me, but plenty of people near me spent the next 10 minutes turned around shouting and demanding the fan(s) be removed, I just carried on watching the game.

Perhaps it's just me, but I really don't understand why people get so upset by this.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 16:06]
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 16:02 - Aug 27 with 5831 viewsSheffordBlue

I was in the Sir Bobby Robson suite hospitality and although my seat wasn't next to theirs I was on the same table as them pre game and during half time. Had a good chat with them at half-time and they seemed like decent blokes but we talked about over celebrating.

They'd come down on the coach and and I reckon they'd started on the beers when they left Leeds!

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 16:26 - Aug 27 with 5669 viewsIllinoisblue

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 15:49 - Aug 27 by BlueOura

I was sitting quite close to it and yes, a Leeds fan did jump up / celebrate when they scored.

To be honest it really didn't bother me, but plenty of people near me spent the next 10 minutes turned around shouting and demanding the fan(s) be removed, I just carried on watching the game.

Perhaps it's just me, but I really don't understand why people get so upset by this.

Unwritten rule, isn’t it? If you’re an away fan in the home end, sit down and be quiet.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 16:49 - Aug 27 with 5530 viewsnorfsufblue

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 16:26 - Aug 27 by Illinoisblue

Unwritten rule, isn’t it? If you’re an away fan in the home end, sit down and be quiet.

It's quite an art tbf.... I sat in with the Peterborough fans adjacent to the Town fans last year and throughly enjoyed quietly soaking up the atmosphere from our point of view without once revealing myself as the enemy.... just sat quietly and revelled in our perfect away day.
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:15 - Aug 27 with 5372 viewsyorkshireblue

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 16:49 - Aug 27 by norfsufblue

It's quite an art tbf.... I sat in with the Peterborough fans adjacent to the Town fans last year and throughly enjoyed quietly soaking up the atmosphere from our point of view without once revealing myself as the enemy.... just sat quietly and revelled in our perfect away day.

I’ve sat in a few home ends with mates who support the opposition when watching Ipswich as the away side.. including Elland Road.

I find not celebrating quite easy to be honest… the issue is when they score and everyone celebrates and you’re sat with your head in your hands.
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:20 - Aug 27 with 5304 viewsgainsboroughblue

Not so much an issue these days as it was in our first spell in the Prem. We would fall well short of filling the ground and the sight of people jumping up in the Churchmans when Arsenal, Man U etc scored was common place. I can even remember Scholes scoring at the North Stand end and seeing people jump up in there which I found rather brave.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:26 - Aug 27 with 5267 viewsBlueOura

It is yes, and don't get me wrong, I think you are asking for trouble as an away fan if you do this but I still don't understand why people get quite so angry about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:30 - Aug 27 with 5239 viewsacj

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:15 - Aug 27 by yorkshireblue

I’ve sat in a few home ends with mates who support the opposition when watching Ipswich as the away side.. including Elland Road.

I find not celebrating quite easy to be honest… the issue is when they score and everyone celebrates and you’re sat with your head in your hands.

Bang right here - as soon as the home side score it’s painfully obvious that you’re the only one not happy amidst them all going mental!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:35 - Aug 27 with 5196 viewsChurchman

It is an art, but for a good day sometimes you have to do it. Back in the last century (away games have been rare since Burley’s time and with the away support) we would often be in with the away fans, even at Norwich. As long as you didn’t give it the billy big one you were fine.

Keeping it down was a small price to pay for seeing the game and getting out without problems. It went pear shaped a few times, but not often and that was in the days of a lot of football ….’trouble’.
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:36 - Aug 27 with 5186 viewsVegtablue

They did well given how few tickets reach general sale these days (/ they denied some of our own a ticket which isn't cool)!
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:39 - Aug 27 with 5151 viewsNthQldITFC

I've done it at Chelsea and West Ham, perhaps not the best of places to try out that experience, but hey-ho, I'm still 'ere Guvnor, innit.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:42 - Aug 27 with 5120 viewsCopfordBlue

Unless he was being abusive, threatening, intimidating or deliberately trying to provoke a reaction I really don’t see what the issue is. If all the Leeds fan did was to jump up when they scored the decisive goal (presumably he kept quiet when they scored 3 in the first half) then the reaction I witnessed from the Ipswich fans running to the stewards was pathetic. It’s quite sad that grown men in their 40’s and 50’s got so angry about something so insignificant. It’s instinctive for a football fan to jump up when their team scores a crucial goal.

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:45 - Aug 27 with 5099 viewsoldbeardy

only time I've sat with home fans was Anfield with a Liverpool supporting mate (not in the Kop thankfully because Adam Tanner scored, we won 1-0 and I leapt out of my seat - Liverpool fans were luckily quite good natured about it)
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 18:10 - Aug 27 with 4955 viewsCopfordBlue

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:45 - Aug 27 by oldbeardy

only time I've sat with home fans was Anfield with a Liverpool supporting mate (not in the Kop thankfully because Adam Tanner scored, we won 1-0 and I leapt out of my seat - Liverpool fans were luckily quite good natured about it)

That’s how I’d expect 99% of people to react. I’m embarrassed for the blokes who were complaining to the stewards yesterday. Pathetic.

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 18:16 - Aug 27 with 4915 viewsjayessess

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:30 - Aug 27 by acj

Bang right here - as soon as the home side score it’s painfully obvious that you’re the only one not happy amidst them all going mental!

I dunno, plenty of home fans across England react to goals with a bit of polite applause and nothing else!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 18:48 - Aug 27 with 4697 viewsthe_toff

Entirely different point but I thought fair play to their fans who seemed to join in with the minutes applause. Oddly coincided with their goal but once that elation had passed they seemed to join in clapping from what I could see.

Lot of things in life bigger than football, good on them.
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 18:56 - Aug 27 with 4644 viewsyesjohn99

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:20 - Aug 27 by gainsboroughblue

Not so much an issue these days as it was in our first spell in the Prem. We would fall well short of filling the ground and the sight of people jumping up in the Churchmans when Arsenal, Man U etc scored was common place. I can even remember Scholes scoring at the North Stand end and seeing people jump up in there which I found rather brave.

I can remember that too. Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool were everywhere for those first premiership years.
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 19:51 - Aug 27 with 4432 viewsthe_toff

I was at the same game in the home section. I jumped up from my seat when Tanner scored, thinking on my feet I shouted ‘F*** OFF’ very loudly and say back down. Nobody said a word.

Thinking I had got away with it, on my way out a guy taps me on the shoulder then in a broad scouse accent says ‘good result for your lads’ and smiles. I gave him a wry smile and a ‘ha, thank you’ and went on my way.
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 20:12 - Aug 27 with 4320 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Absolutely, then if you get up and celebrate there are no excuses when you get thrown out. A few times in the home crowd for Ipswich games - one being in the old shed at Chelsea when I think Chris Kiwomya scored (or at least I remember him celebrating in front of the Chelsea fans) where I kept very quiet.
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 20:32 - Aug 27 with 4240 viewsLisaT

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 17:42 - Aug 27 by CopfordBlue

Unless he was being abusive, threatening, intimidating or deliberately trying to provoke a reaction I really don’t see what the issue is. If all the Leeds fan did was to jump up when they scored the decisive goal (presumably he kept quiet when they scored 3 in the first half) then the reaction I witnessed from the Ipswich fans running to the stewards was pathetic. It’s quite sad that grown men in their 40’s and 50’s got so angry about something so insignificant. It’s instinctive for a football fan to jump up when their team scores a crucial goal.

I was sat in front of them. First half they were told to tone it down a bit. They were sat next to an elderly lady & a young girl in front of them. Their language was disgraceful (& I am no prude trust me). They had a few more beers at half time & when they scored they lost it, calling everyone f*****g c***s, wanting to fight people, the little girl was pulled out in tears, the old lady was jostled out of her seat. An elderly guy a few seats away was pushed out of his seat. The stewards should have had them out much earlier. Absolute total 🔔 ➡️. Also had 2 Leeds fans near us who were good as gold & great lads & were disgusted with them. Johnny Wark sat in front of us & he literally kicks every ball. Legend.
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 20:57 - Aug 27 with 4158 viewsCoastalblue

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 18:56 - Aug 27 by yesjohn99

I can remember that too. Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool were everywhere for those first premiership years.

I remember the playoff home leg against the Hammers and being surrounded by them in the west stand, actually bumped into a good mate of mine who I had no idea was going.

Chelsea also seemed to have people all over the stand, and often found them to be really objectionable whereas most of the others seemed like OK blokes when you spoke to them.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 22:54 - Aug 27 with 3779 viewsChurchman

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 20:32 - Aug 27 by LisaT

I was sat in front of them. First half they were told to tone it down a bit. They were sat next to an elderly lady & a young girl in front of them. Their language was disgraceful (& I am no prude trust me). They had a few more beers at half time & when they scored they lost it, calling everyone f*****g c***s, wanting to fight people, the little girl was pulled out in tears, the old lady was jostled out of her seat. An elderly guy a few seats away was pushed out of his seat. The stewards should have had them out much earlier. Absolute total 🔔 ➡️. Also had 2 Leeds fans near us who were good as gold & great lads & were disgusted with them. Johnny Wark sat in front of us & he literally kicks every ball. Legend.

That’s awful and needs reporting to the club. It’s not acceptable.

For ‘sensitive’ fixtures, one whiff of a problem or even language they should be hoiked out. If the stewards are not trained to do it the club should pay for a team of people that can.

I’d add that if those Leeds fans were sitting in season ticket holders’ seats, those season ticket holders should lose those seats.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 22:55]
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 08:32 - Aug 28 with 3241 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 15:49 - Aug 27 by BlueOura

I don’t either, as long as they’re not violent and abusive, it’s just sore losers. I sat with a handful of Lincoln supporters at the dreadful game last season, they had a great time, I congratulated them on the win, everyone left like adults…
Leeds fans in Sir Alf lower on 09:01 - Aug 28 with 3106 viewsevansblue

We could not get tickets in with the ipswich that day so about 6 of us bought tickets on the day right next to our fans. Let’s be honest we were awful that season and bottom
Of the league and whilst Liverpool were not great we had not even discussed what to do if we scored as it seemed so unlikely. Needless to say we scored and without thinking we all jumped up and celebrated. The scousers did not like it one bit and the police and stewards came and thankfully moved us in with the ipswich. We weren’t in their faces or anything like that and given how many Liverpool have always been in with us at Portman road it did get me a little bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024