Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s your favourite Season, and why? 07:54 - Aug 30 with 2642 viewsthe_toff

As we approach the end of Summer and into Autumn I’m sat here contemplating my favourite season. For me it’s a toss up between Spring and Autumn, I love the changing of the seasons and Spring signals an end of winter, longer days and higher temps. I love seeing and hearing the wildlife going about their business and the vegetation changing.

I really don’t like winter, too dark, too cold, too much rain. Although Christmas is a nice time to slow down, so at least there’s that.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 07:54 - Aug 30 with 2016 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I was going to say 2000/01.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 07:58 - Aug 30 with 1992 viewsthe_toff

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 07:54 - Aug 30 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I was going to say 2000/01.

You came 15th in the championship while we marched on to Europe. Surprised it was enjoyable for you tbh.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 07:59 - Aug 30 with 1982 viewsChurchman

Spring. New life, bright colours, longer days, an end to winter.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:05 - Aug 30 with 1972 viewsBluebell

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 07:59 - Aug 30 by Churchman

Spring. New life, bright colours, longer days, an end to winter.

Agree.

I love spring flowers. Bluebells (hence the name ) , cowslips, primroses, daffodils etc. A beautiful time of year with summer to look forward to.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:12 - Aug 30 with 1941 viewsMattinLondon

Summer - warm, bright and it stays light for much longer.

Apart from Christmas, winter is awful. Cold, miserable and you need to put on a thick coat to go out. Dreadful time of year.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:18 - Aug 30 with 1917 viewsthe_toff

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:12 - Aug 30 by MattinLondon

Apart from Christmas, winter is awful. Cold, miserable and you need to put on a thick coat to go out. Dreadful time of year.

Winter really sucks. Defrosting your car at 7am on a Monday morning, in the dark, just to go to work. What even is that life?

I like the long days of summer, having a beer in the garden at 9pm, BBQ’s, spending way more time outdoors. I’m not great in the heat though, anything above low 20’s smegs me off a bit.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:21 - Aug 30 with 1911 viewshomer_123

Kinda enjoy the changeable weather of all our seasons to be honest. Each has their merits, even Winter.

EDIT: nothing beats heading out on a cold, crisp morning - freezing air biting at your face etc.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 8:22]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:37 - Aug 30 with 1871 viewsthe_toff

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:21 - Aug 30 by homer_123

Kinda enjoy the changeable weather of all our seasons to be honest. Each has their merits, even Winter.

EDIT: nothing beats heading out on a cold, crisp morning - freezing air biting at your face etc.

The prospect of taking the dog on a walk in the winter when it’s -3 and you’re all wrapped up, frost crunching under foot and fog rolling up across the fields. Lovely. Although when that time comes I’ll think of summer when you can step out in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. The very idea that you have to consider the heat of the paving below you on the dogs paws feels unthinkable in winter.

I often hanker after a season we’re not in. Probably says a lot about me and my discontentment. Crikey, this is getting deep.
Login to get fewer ads

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:57 - Aug 30 with 1781 viewsRobTheMonk

Love the winter. I'd much rather snuggle in a cosy blanket that sweat my balls off.

As someone else in this thread said, you can't beat the crunch of frost underfoot as you walk the dog with your face stinging from the wind.

It also separates the men from the boys on the football pitch. Shorts and T-Shirt all the way haha!
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:59 - Aug 30 with 1776 viewsChurchman

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:21 - Aug 30 by homer_123

Agreed. I love the rhythm of the seasons. Winter is ok. As a skier I love the mountains in winter, but that of course is very different to here.

Winter in this country means variety and you can still get out and do things most of the time. I love the sound of the rain, on those rare occasions watching the snow silently fall and that winter light you get when walking in the countryside on a sunny day. There’s also that feeling of walking into a warm pub or of course house when you’ve been out in the cold.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 8:59]
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 09:06 - Aug 30 with 1763 viewshoppy

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:12 - Aug 30 by MattinLondon

That's the theory regarding summer isn't it. The reality this year, however, has left a lot to be desired.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 09:08 - Aug 30 with 1754 views_clive_baker_

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:59 - Aug 30 by Churchman

Agreed. I love the rhythm of the seasons. Winter is ok. As a skier I love the mountains in winter, but that of course is very different to here.

Winter in this country means variety and you can still get out and do things most of the time. I love the sound of the rain, on those rare occasions watching the snow silently fall and that winter light you get when walking in the countryside on a sunny day. There’s also that feeling of walking into a warm pub or of course house when you’ve been out in the cold.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 8:59]

Especially when said pub has a fire roaring. Get in, coat and scarf off, pint from the bar. Lovely.

Winter also has the football season in full swing, so that's definitely a plus.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 09:12 - Aug 30 with 1737 viewsAsa

2000/01 followed by 2022/23, 1991/92 and 1999/00.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 09:18 - Aug 30 with 1728 viewsKeno

Mating

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 09:34 - Aug 30 with 1688 viewswhymark4lazio0

Paprika

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 09:47 - Aug 30 with 1662 viewshomer_123

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 09:18 - Aug 30 by Keno

Mating

One track mind Keno.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 09:50 - Aug 30 with 1652 viewsHerbivore

Wildcraft Brewery do a lovely saison.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 09:59 - Aug 30 with 1642 viewsJ2BLUE

Autumn. September to the end of the year is by far the best part of the year and ends with a great week from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve.

Those days you get in autumn where the skies are grey, there's a chill in the air but it isn't cold and it's constantly drizzling with rain. Bliss.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 10:33 - Aug 30 with 1579 viewsMattinLondon

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:18 - Aug 30 by the_toff

Winter really sucks. Defrosting your car at 7am on a Monday morning, in the dark, just to go to work. What even is that life?

I like the long days of summer, having a beer in the garden at 9pm, BBQ’s, spending way more time outdoors. I’m not great in the heat though, anything above low 20’s smegs me off a bit.

And most things simply look better in the summer - winter is just miserable and dark.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 10:34 - Aug 30 with 1569 viewsElephantintheRoom

Mayfly season

Closely followed by the asparagus season

Greenhouses and foreign imports have ruined the strawberry season

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 10:37 - Aug 30 with 1576 viewsFtnfwest

end of spring to early summer because of the longer days but usually (not so much this year) the slightly more comfortable temperatures. So second half May to early July.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 10:48 - Aug 30 with 1556 viewsazuremerlangus

Black pepper.

Essential on a steak

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 10:52 - Aug 30 with 1541 views_clive_baker_

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 08:57 - Aug 30 by RobTheMonk

Love the winter. I'd much rather snuggle in a cosy blanket that sweat my balls off.

As someone else in this thread said, you can't beat the crunch of frost underfoot as you walk the dog with your face stinging from the wind.

It also separates the men from the boys on the football pitch. Shorts and T-Shirt all the way haha!

I used to like working in the winter. I was based for a while on Victoria Embankment on the top floor of an office block. When it's dark by 5pm and London is lit up, the lights reflecting off the Thames, nice warm office. Leaving off when it's bitterly cold outside to meet some friends for a pint or heading home. Quite like football in that weather too, especially a Tuesday night game, floodlights on, when it's cold enough to see your breath.
What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 10:54 - Aug 30 with 1533 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends where I've lived. In Suffolk I used to love our cool, crisp autumns. The weather's crap over here in the West in the autumn with all the Atlantic storms coming in. Spring is much nicer in this part of the world.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 11:42 - Aug 30 with 1489 viewsJ2BLUE

What’s your favourite Season, and why? on 10:52 - Aug 30 by _clive_baker_

I used to like working in the winter. I was based for a while on Victoria Embankment on the top floor of an office block. When it's dark by 5pm and London is lit up, the lights reflecting off the Thames, nice warm office. Leaving off when it's bitterly cold outside to meet some friends for a pint or heading home. Quite like football in that weather too, especially a Tuesday night game, floodlights on, when it's cold enough to see your breath.

YES. This is why your wisdom is needed here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024