Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) 13:36 - Sep 13 with 3239 viewstpsontour

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/09/13/kieran-mckenna-interview-ipswich

[Phil edit]To avoid us getting a snippy email, I've removed the text of the article and added the link [/Phil edit]

This post has been edited by an administrator
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 13:41 - Sep 13 with 3156 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I see no reason why we couldn't qualify for Europe again, like a Brighton or a West Ham if we are a well run club. If West Ham can win the Europa conference, so can Town. We need to have that level of ambition again.
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 13:48 - Sep 13 with 3074 viewsBent_double

Superb read, thanks for posting.

Still have to keep pinching myself to believe that a guy like this is managing our club.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 13:49 - Sep 13 with 3074 viewsitfc_bucks

There's, quite literally, nothing to dislike about this chap, is there?

Honest, open, down-to-earth and a grafter.

We're unspeakably lucky to have him.
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 13:59 - Sep 13 with 3004 viewshomer_123

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 13:49 - Sep 13 by itfc_bucks

Agreed but it works both ways, doesn't it?

In that, the timing was right and we are the perfect fit for him and his approach.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 14:15 - Sep 13 with 2891 viewsSitfcB

I love him.

I always feel sad when I think about the day we will lose him.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 14:42 - Sep 13 with 2773 viewsgainsboroughblue

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 14:15 - Sep 13 by SitfcB

I love him.

I always feel sad when I think about the day we will lose him.

I'm going to need counselling when he goes. It's going to be devastating. I'm just hoping he can achieve as many of his incremental ambitions as he can here.

Reading that piece was a joy. The attention to detail is staggering.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 14:58 - Sep 13 with 2664 viewstextbackup

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 14:42 - Sep 13 by gainsboroughblue

I'm going to need counselling when he goes. It's going to be devastating. I'm just hoping he can achieve as many of his incremental ambitions as he can here.

Reading that piece was a joy. The attention to detail is staggering.

It’s gonna be bad isn’t it.

But, I do trust MA to have his eyes on another up and coming man

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:10 - Sep 13 with 2597 viewsGavTWTD

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 14:58 - Sep 13 by textbackup

I do wonder what will happen when he goes. How many of the coaching team will follow him on day 1 or day 90? Do we expect someone in-house to be promoted to manager or someone similar from outside with little experience? Is Aluko being brought up with this role in mind or far too early to say? It seems another 10 players are taking coaching badges. Ashton also seems pretty key to our current upturn, as do GameChanger of course!

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:21 - Sep 13 with 2535 viewsKieran_Knows

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:10 - Sep 13 by GavTWTD

I do wonder what will happen when he goes. How many of the coaching team will follow him on day 1 or day 90? Do we expect someone in-house to be promoted to manager or someone similar from outside with little experience? Is Aluko being brought up with this role in mind or far too early to say? It seems another 10 players are taking coaching badges. Ashton also seems pretty key to our current upturn, as do GameChanger of course!

I suspect Pert, Grant & Turnbull would all follow him, as he's bought them all in with him and are his 'team'. Gilmartin would stay I imagine, as he wasn't technically bought in by McKenna, and has a wider role of 'Head of Goalkeeping', rather than just a GK coach for the first team.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 15:22]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:27 - Sep 13 with 2475 viewsPhilTWTD

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:21 - Sep 13 by Kieran_Knows

I suspect Pert, Grant & Turnbull would all follow him, as he's bought them all in with him and are his 'team'. Gilmartin would stay I imagine, as he wasn't technically bought in by McKenna, and has a wider role of 'Head of Goalkeeping', rather than just a GK coach for the first team.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 15:22]

Think he'd probably go as well, seems to be well integrated into KMc's team and seems highly rated by all the keepers.

But think this discussion is getting well ahead of ourselves! Think we're a fair way off KMc's departure yet.
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:29 - Sep 13 with 2451 viewsgainsboroughblue

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:10 - Sep 13 by GavTWTD

Modern day boot room!

I'm interested to see the trajectory Sone Aluko's post playing career takes. He is clearly highly thought of.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:30 - Sep 13 with 2450 viewsKieran_Knows

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:27 - Sep 13 by PhilTWTD

Think he'd probably go as well, seems to be well integrated into KMc's team and seems highly rated by all the keepers.

But think this discussion is getting well ahead of ourselves! Think we're a fair way off KMc's departure yet.

Suppose it would all depend on the new incoming manager and what staff he'd already have him with him!

But yes, hopefully we're a long way off that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:41 - Sep 13 with 2374 viewsChurchman

Yes, when he goes it’ll be a real kick in the wotsits.

However, the key to the club is its structure and ownership. Not too long ago, the manager was everything to a club. Go back to Bobby Robson, he was the club. Now we have analytics, recruitment, stadium, development, this that and the other teams. McKenna and his people are one element to the football club, albeit the most crucial.

When McKenna goes, will it be the end of the world? No. Is he replaceable. Yes. Will it be difficult? Omg very! I would hope that contingency planning for this sort of thing is being done by Ashton. I would (discretely) in his shoes.
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:45 - Sep 13 with 2356 viewsVic

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:27 - Sep 13 by PhilTWTD

And to add - clubs like Brighton, etc have r managers and continued to progress. No reason we can’t if we have the right system in place.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:58 - Sep 13 with 2302 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 14:58 - Sep 13 by textbackup

I wonder if Pert could take over, if he didn't follow KM. Must confess I know little of him, but it could be the most seamless way of keeping the ethos going.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 16:37 - Sep 13 with 2185 viewsPhilTWTD

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 15:30 - Sep 13 by Kieran_Knows

Suppose it would all depend on the new incoming manager and what staff he'd already have him with him!

But yes, hopefully we're a long way off that.

And where we are at the time will probably dictate whether the new manager has an established staff of his own.
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 18:26 - Sep 13 with 2006 viewsEpiphone

Yet another brilliant interview with a guy who genuinely doesn't seem to put a foot (or word) wrong.

The stat about how many of the present staff/players are taking their coaching badges speaks volumes to me about how he's instilled his insistence on technical ability into the players and we've seen signs of how it has improved players, like Wolfy, immensely.

Let's try not to overthink when and why he'll leave us and enjoy the journey for now.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 18:27]
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 21:51 - Sep 13 with 1782 viewsheavyweight

Same article without the paywall

https://sports.yahoo.com/kieran-mckenna-being-manchester-united-115307750.html?s
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 01:33 - Sep 14 with 1560 views_clive_baker_

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 16:37 - Sep 13 by PhilTWTD

And where we are at the time will probably dictate whether the new manager has an established staff of his own.

So you’re saying Lambert could bring Taylor back with him?
KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 04:15 - Sep 14 with 1511 viewsITFCSG

KMc:'I want to manage in the Champions League' (Telegraph spent a day with him) on 13:49 - Sep 13 by itfc_bucks

We are.

Always brings a smile to me when I hear fans of other teams saying McK is arrogant, smarmy and "too smart for his own good"

I'd say they're jealous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024