Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolfie 15:55 - Oct 4 with 2414 viewsBseaBlue

If Adam Webster went to Brighton for £10 odd million, then what the heck is Wolfie worth at the moment? Surely if he carries on in this vein of form then he is the one we are at most risk of losing? His development under KMac has been phenomenal.
Wolfie on 16:00 - Oct 4 with 2369 viewsitfcsuth

I think given their form in the Championship, there are a fair few players in this group who I imagine Mark Ashton will see with significantly higher values than this time last season - and rightfully so.

Davis another who has to be marked with a £12M+ tag next to them!
Wolfie on 16:01 - Oct 4 with 2364 viewstractorboy1978

£10m? It was £25m!
Wolfie on 16:06 - Oct 4 with 2332 viewsSomethingBlue

Been thinking similarly. He's actually almost exactly the same age now (25 very soon) that Webster was when he made that move. Players who do what Woolfy does in possession are absolute gold dust and he's considerably tougher than has sometimes been acknowledged, too.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Wolfie on 16:06 - Oct 4 with 2310 viewsFrimleyBlue

Fee wise

It's strange to be able to talk about them. Not so long ago it was who might we not lose for free this season

But you got to imagine the following would be hot on the wanted list if they continue their season in the same form

Wolfenden
Chaplin
Davis
Broadhead
Burns ( of course I can't suddenly say he's prem quality after being so critical) but even having a solid champ campaign makes him a potential target for champ clubs rather than league 1. So they'd be a fee there.

Ashton will be rubbing his hands together

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wolfie on 16:15 - Oct 4 with 2258 viewsLeoMuff

This was why we needed to get promoted, players values skyrocket.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Wolfie on 16:20 - Oct 4 with 2228 viewsNutkins_Return

Wolfie on 16:06 - Oct 4 by FrimleyBlue

Fee wise

It's strange to be able to talk about them. Not so long ago it was who might we not lose for free this season

But you got to imagine the following would be hot on the wanted list if they continue their season in the same form

Wolfenden
Chaplin
Davis
Broadhead
Burns ( of course I can't suddenly say he's prem quality after being so critical) but even having a solid champ campaign makes him a potential target for champ clubs rather than league 1. So they'd be a fee there.

Ashton will be rubbing his hands together

I might get pelters for this but of everyone he would be one that we should take big money for. Love Wolfie and would be sad to see him go and would want nothing for the best for him and to prove himself at Prem level.

Reasons would be for me some questions marks over his mentality still. I'm not being massively negative as it sounds as he thrives with McKenna as manager but does he want it enough for himself (Say if McKenna went). Also Edmundson and Axel Tuanzebe would both be better suited to that side so we have cover and we have Elkin coming through + cash to replace if big money if needed.

It's a position where I feel we have ability to regenerate and go again.

Davis would be much harder to replace. He's become such a key part of what we do with his pace, running power, brain and delivery.

Burns just wouldn't be big money at his age now so whilst replaceable it's better to keep. His role in squad will evolve as we progress but such a useful asset.
Wolfie on 16:35 - Oct 4 with 2139 viewsBiGDonnie

ArnieM said he wasn't good enough FFS.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Wolfie on 16:35 - Oct 4 with 2133 viewsKropotkin123

Wolfie on 16:20 - Oct 4 by Nutkins_Return

I might get pelters for this but of everyone he would be one that we should take big money for. Love Wolfie and would be sad to see him go and would want nothing for the best for him and to prove himself at Prem level.

Reasons would be for me some questions marks over his mentality still. I'm not being massively negative as it sounds as he thrives with McKenna as manager but does he want it enough for himself (Say if McKenna went). Also Edmundson and Axel Tuanzebe would both be better suited to that side so we have cover and we have Elkin coming through + cash to replace if big money if needed.

It's a position where I feel we have ability to regenerate and go again.

Davis would be much harder to replace. He's become such a key part of what we do with his pace, running power, brain and delivery.

Burns just wouldn't be big money at his age now so whilst replaceable it's better to keep. His role in squad will evolve as we progress but such a useful asset.

Here you go, have some pelters from me.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Wolfie on 16:35 - Oct 4 with 2139 viewsjayessess

Jacob Greaves, the Hull Number 4, was reportedly the subject of 8-figure interest from Roma in the Summer and he's nowhere near Woolfie's level.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 17:04]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Wolfie on 16:58 - Oct 4 with 2028 viewsstrikalite

Wolfie on 16:35 - Oct 4 by jayessess

Jacob Greaves, the Hull Number 4, was reportedly the subject of 8-figure interest from Roma in the Summer and he's nowhere near Woolfie's level.

...and Edwards at Pboro has been priced at £15m..

Glasgow Rangers "couldn't afford" him was their tag, lol
Wolfie on 17:45 - Oct 4 with 1934 viewsArnieM

Wolfie on 16:35 - Oct 4 by BiGDonnie

ArnieM said he wasn't good enough FFS.

Oh FFS you effing TROLL. I ALSO stated on here that I got it wrong and that I can see he is good. So wind your neck in mate … oh , did you get a slap in the wrist from admin last week by any chance? Lol

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wolfie on 17:57 - Oct 4 with 1883 viewsBlueBadger

Wolfie on 17:45 - Oct 4 by ArnieM

Oh FFS you effing TROLL. I ALSO stated on here that I got it wrong and that I can see he is good. So wind your neck in mate … oh , did you get a slap in the wrist from admin last week by any chance? Lol

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wolfie on 18:01 - Oct 4 with 1851 viewsNutkins_Return

Wolfie on 16:35 - Oct 4 by Kropotkin123

Here you go, have some pelters from me.

You can have an uppie. I didn't like writing it but it was a pragmatic view. We will sell to build. Fact. Just think, taking heart out of it, he would make mistake if it's big bucks. As per OP if we were talking an Adam Webster offer. I don't WANT to sell him.
Wolfie on 18:03 - Oct 4 with 1834 viewsNutkins_Return

Wolfie on 16:58 - Oct 4 by strikalite

...and Edwards at Pboro has been priced at £15m..

Glasgow Rangers "couldn't afford" him was their tag, lol

That's just Posh saying Posh things though. Like Taylor was £10 mil. If someone offers them 5-6mil in Jan they will sell. I could see him going for £3-4 million eventually.
Wolfie on 18:06 - Oct 4 with 1815 viewsBigCommon

He was imperious last night. Timed pretty much everything perfectly... One of his best games imo..... Bit of a cliche, but players are only worth what someone will pay for them.
Wolfie on 18:28 - Oct 4 with 1762 viewsstrikalite

Wolfie on 18:03 - Oct 4 by Nutkins_Return

That's just Posh saying Posh things though. Like Taylor was £10 mil. If someone offers them 5-6mil in Jan they will sell. I could see him going for £3-4 million eventually.

Well yeah, they were offered £6m for Edwards, they may live to regret not taking that..
Wolfie on 18:32 - Oct 4 with 1737 viewsKeno

yeo v=but that 8 figure sum in Lira?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Wolfie on 18:34 - Oct 4 with 1728 viewsBiGDonnie

Wolfie on 17:45 - Oct 4 by ArnieM

Easy tiger!

Didn't realise you'd 'seen he is good'!
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 19:08]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Wolfie on 19:28 - Oct 4 with 1597 viewsNthQldITFC

It's a funny old game, Jayessess.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Wolfie on 19:33 - Oct 4 with 1545 viewsNthQldITFC

Wolfie on 16:15 - Oct 4 by LeoMuff

This was why we needed to get promoted, players values skyrocket.

..and have probably skyrocketed again after our incredible start and current league position. If we continue as we are, or anywhere close to it, we'll surely have one or two very big offers in January.

In my case, I'm hoping that my traditional disappointment if one of my favourites leaves will be tempered by the knowledge of what ten or fifteen million quid could do in the hands of the genius(es) we've got running the club.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Wolfie on 19:50 - Oct 4 with 1477 viewsNutkins_Return

Wolfie on 18:28 - Oct 4 by strikalite

Well yeah, they were offered £6m for Edwards, they may live to regret not taking that..

Yep, should have taken it but at same time fair play if they go up.
Wolfie on 21:28 - Oct 4 with 1340 viewsPioneerBlue

Lukeo Wolfdini

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024