Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very little mention of the "new" kit.... 14:16 - Oct 26 with 4014 viewsBloots

....on here today.

I assume there was a bit of chat last night.

What's the general consensus?

I'm going for "dull, uninspiring, missed opportunity, nice badge though"

All in all 3 very mediocre kits this season.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:17 - Oct 26 with 3142 viewsDanTheMan

I'm a sucker for a simple kit and I liked the original so it's my favourite of the 3.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:20 - Oct 26 with 3112 viewsJ2BLUE

I have found the interest in a third kit very odd.

It's a meh moment for me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A third kit is usually a chance.... on 14:20 - Oct 26 with 3108 viewsBloots

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:17 - Oct 26 by DanTheMan

I'm a sucker for a simple kit and I liked the original so it's my favourite of the 3.

....to produce something a little more "off the wall", knowing it will get used rarely.

Last year's was a good example.

This one is just a half arsed copy/tribute to an old kit.

Seems pointless to me and I suspect it will be our weakest seller to date.

They could have literally come up with anything.... on 14:21 - Oct 26 with 3085 viewsBloots

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:20 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

I have found the interest in a third kit very odd.

It's a meh moment for me.

....and that was the best they could do?

Meh, indeed.

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:22 - Oct 26 with 3060 viewsIllinoisblue

Tired of the tired retro stuff. If you want that stuff, Copa has you covered. Was hoping for something original.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:26 - Oct 26 with 3006 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:22 - Oct 26 by Illinoisblue

Tired of the tired retro stuff. If you want that stuff, Copa has you covered. Was hoping for something original.

It's a half arsed version of it too, needs the pin stripes on the arms for full effect.

I wouldn't be averse to a take on the 84-6 kit, love that but seems its cursed with it being from a struggling period.
Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:28 - Oct 26 with 2984 viewsWhos_blue

I like it.

So do my kids.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:30 - Oct 26 with 2963 viewsLankHenners

Looks quite smart but don't really see the point of it, especially as orange is a pretty distinct enough colour to not clash with much if anything at all. As you say if you're going to do a third kit for the sake of it you might as well be a bit creative with it.

I know the commercial side of things is important but in general I don't really like the blurring of the line between 'supporter' and 'customer' that we seem to have in football.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:32 - Oct 26 with 2939 viewsDanTheMan

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:22 - Oct 26 by Illinoisblue

Although a modern take on 97-98 away kit would be quite interesting.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:33 - Oct 26 with 2935 viewsbazza

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:28 - Oct 26 by Whos_blue

I like it.

So do my kids.

Yep, second that, not sure why people moan about 3rd kits either, don’t have to buy it, my kids love the kits, I’ve even got a few shirts, all good for the club too.
Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:37 - Oct 26 with 2877 viewsKeno

I like it

ordered one

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 14:54 - Oct 26 with 2784 viewsGrandpa

Best thing about it is the badge

Even if the club doesn't want to return to it, I like the current badge too, but would still prefer where it's red, to be yellow

That would feel like Ipswich Town
Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 15:05 - Oct 26 with 2747 viewsKropotkin123

The local team I play with required me to turn up in a white kit, and I kept showing up in the Orange one. So I will get this. But I understand your criticism below - more "off the wall"

I still don't like the blue one.

I love the orange one and think it is far from mediocre.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

A third kit is usually a chance.... on 15:06 - Oct 26 with 2742 viewsDubtractor

A third kit is usually a chance.... on 14:20 - Oct 26 by Bloots

....to produce something a little more "off the wall", knowing it will get used rarely.

Last year's was a good example.

This one is just a half arsed copy/tribute to an old kit.

Seems pointless to me and I suspect it will be our weakest seller to date.

I'd have liked to see a purple and brown checked number.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Exactly, with a pink…. on 15:35 - Oct 26 with 2637 viewsBloots

A third kit is usually a chance.... on 15:06 - Oct 26 by Dubtractor

I'd have liked to see a purple and brown checked number.

…collar and cuffs, and a full zip.

Basically a 1970s cardigan.

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 15:38 - Oct 26 with 2627 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's as sexy as hell and will be less scratchy than the Copa ones, so it's a yes from me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 15:42 - Oct 26 with 2608 views_clive_baker_

I like the design, it's clean and simple and pretty slick. The badge is nice, as are the pinstripes, and the black logo works well with the black & white.

I won't be buying it as I try to avoid fast fashion, I don't need it, can't say I really want it, but I do like it. Stylistically I think it's nice.
Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 15:49 - Oct 26 with 2568 viewsParsley

I like it. Badge is cool, would have been a good away kit for next year. I'm a big fan of orange kits and have the new away one so won't be buying this one. Don't really see the need for a 3rd kit this season as the team will barely wear it so it doesn't really connect with me. 145th anniversary isn't really a selling point for me either.
Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 15:57 - Oct 26 with 2518 viewsRonFearonsHair

It's an away kit rather than a third kit and makes me wonder if we will cycle back to red away next season.
I agree with the point that third kits are an opportunity to do something a bit 'off the wall' and different rather than retro.
It looks decent enough though and if it brings more money into the club then it's done its job.
Exactly, with a pink…. on 16:05 - Oct 26 with 2470 viewshoppy

Exactly, with a pink…. on 15:35 - Oct 26 by Bloots

If you want a 70s look, you should check out Walthamstow FC's kit this season. They were the opening day opponents for Ipswich Wanderers this season, and they were in their away kit so as not to clash in their William Morris inspired kit...

https://www.walthamstowfc.com/product-category/replica-kit/

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/jul/31/east-london-football-club-waltha

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 16:29 - Oct 26 with 2346 viewsSamWhiteUK

I think it's pretty meh as well. If someone bought it for me for Xmas, I'd wear it, but I wouldn't spend my hard earned.

The orange is the best kit we have this year.
Exactly, with a pink…. on 16:35 - Oct 26 with 2307 viewsKeno

Exactly, with a pink…. on 15:35 - Oct 26 by Bloots

Only a good look if the collar and cuffs match

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 17:35 - Oct 26 with 2120 viewsNutkins_Return

The biggest problem here is it feels a bit late and it's not last years kit.

Last years 3rd kit is probably the best football kit I've ever seen (and not just town).

I honestly think they should have re-released last years black kit. It would sell in huge number again. I would buy another one. Could have done a small tweak on it or something.

This 3rd kit is fine. But fine won't sell bucket loads.
Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 17:39 - Oct 26 with 2106 viewsVaughan8

Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 17:35 - Oct 26 by Nutkins_Return

The biggest problem here is it feels a bit late and it's not last years kit.

Last years 3rd kit is probably the best football kit I've ever seen (and not just town).

I honestly think they should have re-released last years black kit. It would sell in huge number again. I would buy another one. Could have done a small tweak on it or something.

This 3rd kit is fine. But fine won't sell bucket loads.

Agree re just sticking to the black shirt. SHould have just kept the black one and made more of them. Maybe i'm slow when it came out, but I could never get one in the correct size.

But its probably more revenue generated by the new shirt.

I think its OK, but really I'd like to just get the proper retro one.
Very little mention of the "new" kit.... on 17:42 - Oct 26 with 2101 viewsnodge_blue

I like it for what its worth. Im more of a fan of us in white away shirts than orange. I thought it might have been more ed sheeran inspired though. I almost expected an sheeran collaboration third shirt as a theme each year.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024