Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s not have any catastrophising 22:10 - Nov 7 with 3103 viewsSomethingBlue

I’m hearing again that we have been in poor form since the international break. If eight points from four tight games, three of those away, is poor form then I need a dictionary. Not the best tonight but not the worst - there is a clear drop off in incisiveness when we lose two or three key players but that is where our squad is currently, so let’s be kind and celebrate the fact we’ve lost once in the opening third of the season and have a fantastic chance.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:11 - Nov 7 with 2291 viewspointofblue

Form has been fine. Performances have not been as good.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:12 - Nov 7 with 2240 viewsTractorWood

If we want to sail up auto we need to be scratching our heads a bit.

If we don't mind meandering, then it's fine and happy days.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:13 - Nov 7 with 2226 views_clive_baker_

We’re drawing away, winning at home. It’s fine results wise, although tonight was 2 points dropped. They’re dog sh1t, I think they were there for the taking tbh.
Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:13 - Nov 7 with 2210 viewsFrimleyBlue

But you've shown why when you say there is a clear drop off. That's all anyone is saying.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:13 - Nov 7 with 2227 viewsSomethingBlue

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:11 - Nov 7 by pointofblue

Form has been fine. Performances have not been as good.

But they’ve been decent enough - we just haven’t been all over teams and it’s been nip and tuck at times. I’ll not lose sleep over that just yet.

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:14 - Nov 7 with 2175 viewsSomethingBlue

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:13 - Nov 7 by FrimleyBlue

But you've shown why when you say there is a clear drop off. That's all anyone is saying.

We need to bring a couple of top level Champ players in this winter to help us, I think. But everyone we currently have is doing us proud.

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:14 - Nov 7 with 2164 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No one is catastrophising, at all.

We might still be picking up points, but the performances are not as fluid as they were prior to the international break.

We are always going to go through rough spells. Hopefully this one ends after the next international break.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2023 22:17]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Indeed on 22:15 - Nov 7 with 2138 viewsDyland

I don't think Chappers' lack of clinical finishing is anything to do with absence of other players though, e.g., just one of those things that literally happens to every player and every team at all levels everywhere.

Disappointing for sure, but the language is irritating. I wonder if the same words are used if Rothers don't score that annoying last goal. Sure, there would be realistic appraisal but it would be less negative and hapless.

You're all divs btw x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:15 - Nov 7 with 2116 viewsFrimleyBlue

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:13 - Nov 7 by SomethingBlue

But they’ve been decent enough - we just haven’t been all over teams and it’s been nip and tuck at times. I’ll not lose sleep over that just yet.

No one is. But if the dream is top 2. We won't get away with another winter like we did last year despite it not being full of defeats.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:15 - Nov 7 with 2116 viewsDubtractor

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:13 - Nov 7 by SomethingBlue

Exactly this. Our 'bad' performances have still seen us create chances, score goals, dominate possession, and have long periods on top. It's just that we've also had teams dominating us at times - but anyone thinking it was going to be a procession to a second promotion needs their head testing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:16 - Nov 7 with 2088 viewsRyorry

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:13 - Nov 7 by _clive_baker_

We’re drawing away, winning at home. It’s fine results wise, although tonight was 2 points dropped. They’re dog sh1t, I think they were there for the taking tbh.

Sounded from the audio comm as though they were playing with 12 players, as in the ref having a blindfold on at times.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:17 - Nov 7 with 2045 viewsDarkHorse

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:16 - Nov 7 by Ryorry

Sounded from the audio comm as though they were playing with 12 players, as in the ref having a blindfold on at times.

He was absolute dogsh*t
Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:18 - Nov 7 with 2019 viewsfarkenhell

The ref was hopeless.
Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:18 - Nov 7 with 2016 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Think the ref and both linos had a blindfold each.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:18 - Nov 7 with 2013 viewswaveneyblue

I will try to add a sensible voice with yours.

We have been in unbelievable form in 2023. We won't win every game, we won't play well in every game.

But how the hell our fans can't enjoy this ride it's absolutely beyond me.

Modern life hey ?
Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:19 - Nov 7 with 1984 viewsSomethingBlue

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:14 - Nov 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

No one is catastrophising, at all.

We might still be picking up points, but the performances are not as fluid as they were prior to the international break.

We are always going to go through rough spells. Hopefully this one ends after the next international break.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2023 22:17]

They’re not - but we have injuries and before the int break we were playing our best football in more than 20 years. We’ve reverted to being very good, rather than breathtaking. There will be ups and downs, big time, and people need to remember where we’ve come from & keep cool heads.

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:19 - Nov 7 with 1980 viewsTractorWood

Sky have just replayed the Hirst and handball. Both are painfully blatant and the ref is 35 yards away from the first one.

I try and be objective where plausible but both are fairly ridiculous.

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:21 - Nov 7 with 1935 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d like to rant and rave a bit, as that feels like 2 points needlessly thrown away. I’ll do rational in the morning, but right now it’s about the emotion.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:22 - Nov 7 with 1899 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’m actually pleasantly surprised at the reactions on here tonight. Perhaps the hysterical posters haven’t logged on yet, but nothing compared to last seasons meltdown.

Just to add:

Still
Undefeated
Away

COYB
Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:24 - Nov 7 with 1834 viewsLankHenners

Hard not to be a bit disappointed about tonight in isolation for a few reasons but think our fast start has shifted people's expectations slightly too much and at the end of the day you can't argue with being 8 points clear of 3rd at this stage.

As you cover in the OP, one thing I think is clear now is that despite the ability of some of the 'subs' to come in and show good moments, there's a pretty big drop off in quality between the likes of Broadhead/Harness, Hirst/Ladapo, Burns (and I'd even say Omari now)/Jackson.

Home game on Saturday and a good chance to get a win before another break where hopefully Burns is back and anyone else not 100% can recover and we can hit a very awkward looking festive period head on.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:25 - Nov 7 with 1821 viewsKev_W

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:14 - Nov 7 by SomethingBlue

We need to bring a couple of top level Champ players in this winter to help us, I think. But everyone we currently have is doing us proud.

Agree with that but suspect it is going to be much harder to pull off transfer business anywhere near equivalent to last year. Will be a very tight market with few players available at a price the club will pay.

It will interesting to see what McKenna wants to add to the squad and starting line up. Recent games will be telling him quite a lot about the gaps and weaknesses.
Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:27 - Nov 7 with 1750 viewsBlueBadger

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:15 - Nov 7 by FrimleyBlue

No one is. But if the dream is top 2. We won't get away with another winter like we did last year despite it not being full of defeats.

So, what you're saying is that we'll have to settle for second place again?!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:27 - Nov 7 with 1745 viewsTractorWood

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:24 - Nov 7 by LankHenners

Hard not to be a bit disappointed about tonight in isolation for a few reasons but think our fast start has shifted people's expectations slightly too much and at the end of the day you can't argue with being 8 points clear of 3rd at this stage.

As you cover in the OP, one thing I think is clear now is that despite the ability of some of the 'subs' to come in and show good moments, there's a pretty big drop off in quality between the likes of Broadhead/Harness, Hirst/Ladapo, Burns (and I'd even say Omari now)/Jackson.

Home game on Saturday and a good chance to get a win before another break where hopefully Burns is back and anyone else not 100% can recover and we can hit a very awkward looking festive period head on.

Exactly. The incredible start was always going to cool off.

It's how we react. Swansea and West Brom are the perfect opportunity.

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:28 - Nov 7 with 1707 viewsBassett_Blue

We have certainly looked below par since the international break, but it is worth noting that 3 of those 4 have been away, and we haven't lost any of them. Massively frustrating tonight, but if we win on Saturday it is still a decent points haul from the last 5 games.
Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:30 - Nov 7 with 1651 viewspointofblue

Let’s not have any catastrophising on 22:19 - Nov 7 by SomethingBlue

They’re not - but we have injuries and before the int break we were playing our best football in more than 20 years. We’ve reverted to being very good, rather than breathtaking. There will be ups and downs, big time, and people need to remember where we’ve come from & keep cool heads.

I'd be happy with very good, but I don't think that can be said of any performance since the first half of Bristol City. But we're still fighting and still grinding out points.

True on the rest of the post. But with Leeds starting to kick into gear I think any dropped points will be an issue now - especially against the bottom three. Very early in this season but it feels like we're Wednesday from last year, and they're us... but with more time and less of a gap to close.

The stupid thing is I KNOW. I said pre Sunderland I'd be happy with midtable consolidation. It's utterly and totally unreasonable that we're in the top two, eight points clear, and I'm infuriated with us having to fight through a few performances where we're not up to our best. Because it will happen to every team at some point this season, and we have one of the best coaches around to work it out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024