Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton has had a beer… 23:34 - Dec 6 with 8794 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

uppie for "unbelievable" on 11:22 - Dec 7 with 2574 viewsDyland

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 11:09 - Dec 7 by ITFC_Forever

Voted commentator of the year the other day.

Unbelievable.

arf

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 11:29 - Dec 7 with 2556 viewsjayessess

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 09:31 - Dec 7 by Dyland

It is literally the same game. Whether one enjoys watching the women play or not is subjective and up to individual choice. It is significantly lower quality technically and physically, generally (not always), but even the term "quality" is subjective, in the context of what one finds entertaining. In terms of pure skill and players who transcend the game, yeh it's in the bloke's game.

In terms of commentary and punditry etc. there are some some good women, and rubbish ones. It's much the same with the blokes. Imo, and very much my personal and probably silly opinion, at least some of the birds have a better excuse for being sh1t pundits (less or at least different experience in pro game) than the likes of Keown or Shearer etc.

While I'm here, I may start compiling Guy Mowbray soundbites. He is more ridiculous than Alan Partridge.

Just in general, there's also very little correlation between being a good broadcaster and footballing ability.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Innit on 11:32 - Dec 7 with 2545 viewsDyland

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 11:29 - Dec 7 by jayessess

Just in general, there's also very little correlation between being a good broadcaster and footballing ability.

I'm sh1t at both, but that's not especially relevant.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 11:55 - Dec 7 with 2511 viewsWhos_blue

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 01:00 - Dec 7 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

The points I agree with might not be the same points you agree with. He says it’s great to see woman’s football thriving which is hard not to agree with.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 1:03]

Is that it?

Who is scared to make that point?

I think most people agree.

I don't follow him, so just wondered what other good stuff he's been saying?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 15:50 - Dec 7 with 2376 viewsHalifaxBlue

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 01:00 - Dec 7 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

The points I agree with might not be the same points you agree with. He says it’s great to see woman’s football thriving which is hard not to agree with.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 1:03]

Yes I would say it's very, very likely we do not agree on the same points to be honest. My question was which points specifically do you think are good?

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 19:58 - Dec 7 with 2322 viewsEireannach_gorm

It's the way he tells them.

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 20:05 - Dec 7 with 2312 viewsNthQldITFC

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 11:09 - Dec 7 by ITFC_Forever

Voted commentator of the year the other day.

Unbelievable.

Jeff.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 20:08 - Dec 7 with 2305 viewsNthQldITFC

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 19:58 - Dec 7 by Eireannach_gorm

It's the way he tells them.

Straight outta 'Allo 'Allo.

People should call the tvvat Rene.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 20:10 - Dec 7 with 2302 viewsthatbdude

Didn't he assult a woman? Yeah no he's always been a c*jt

Poll: Who going down?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 20:16 - Dec 7 with 2294 viewsHerbivore

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 20:10 - Dec 7 by thatbdude

Didn't he assult a woman? Yeah no he's always been a c*jt

Stubbed out a cigar in a youth team player's eye as well. Total scumbag.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 20:25 - Dec 7 with 2279 viewsthatbdude

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 20:16 - Dec 7 by Herbivore

Stubbed out a cigar in a youth team player's eye as well. Total scumbag.

He really is the definition of subhuman. Disgusting person

Poll: Who going down?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 20:50 - Dec 7 with 2243 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:34 - Dec 7 with 2126 viewsReus30

Joey seriously should have been out of the game years ago.

Thug, moron, thick, arrogant, stupid ugly cnt. Get in the bin you scum.
You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 14:05 - Dec 8 with 1962 viewsRadlett_blue

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 09:31 - Dec 7 by Dyland

It is literally the same game. Whether one enjoys watching the women play or not is subjective and up to individual choice. It is significantly lower quality technically and physically, generally (not always), but even the term "quality" is subjective, in the context of what one finds entertaining. In terms of pure skill and players who transcend the game, yeh it's in the bloke's game.

In terms of commentary and punditry etc. there are some some good women, and rubbish ones. It's much the same with the blokes. Imo, and very much my personal and probably silly opinion, at least some of the birds have a better excuse for being sh1t pundits (less or at least different experience in pro game) than the likes of Keown or Shearer etc.

While I'm here, I may start compiling Guy Mowbray soundbites. He is more ridiculous than Alan Partridge.

you're right. It is the same game, but that's like saying my Sunday park XI are playing the same game as Barcelona. Can't it be possible for someone to find women's football entertaining & be pleased it is growing without being unwilling to admit it is nowhere near the same standard as men's football?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 15:04 - Dec 8 with 1926 viewsJackNorthStand

How do you not listen to it if that's what the broadcaster has chosen?

There are some good woman commentators some bad ones, just as there are men have no issue with either. Though with regard to pundits I do not like having pundits trying who try to give insight to a level of which they have never played.
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 15:04 - Dec 8 with 1929 viewsiamatractorboy

Bianca Westwood has posted an excellent response (not aimed just at Barton but at the many trolls he has brought out of the woodwork).
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 15:12 - Dec 8 with 1904 viewsMeadowlark

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 06:58 - Dec 7 by yorkshireblue

I used to work with someone whose boyfriend at the time worked for a marketing and branding agency. The owner somehow knew Barton and they worked with him on his branding - my colleagues partners job was essentially running the social media for Barton and other brands…

Anyway, she’d quite often come in and say that he’d been up all night as Barton had gone on a social media rant and purposefully locked his own branding agency out of his social media accounts so they couldn’t delete them him. At one stage, they gave him a ‘dumb phone’ - so no social media apps for him to use…. He just went out and bought another phone and redownloaded the apps behind their back. The first they knew about it was when a newspaper rang up to ask for a comment on whatever stupid thing he’d tweeted out.

Tweeted. Not tweeted out.
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 16:29 - Dec 8 with 1835 viewsJackNorthStand

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 15:04 - Dec 8 by iamatractorboy

Bianca Westwood has posted an excellent response (not aimed just at Barton but at the many trolls he has brought out of the woodwork).

With regards to bad commentators, she is definitely one of them.
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 16:46 - Dec 8 with 1797 viewsAsa

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:49 - Dec 6 by MattinLondon

Like it or not he is right about the women’s game being totally different from the men’s game.

I mean it’s not like it’s 90 minutes long and spilt into two 45 minute halves. It’s not like it has the same pitch markings and uses the same pitch dimensions as the men. It’s not like it has the same rules….Joey Barton you utter cock.

It is absolutely baffling how anyone can genuinely think that a woman is unable to speak with any authority on men's football.

The same people however will listen to Dave, down the pub. A bloke who kicked a ball round a park with his kid once, 40 years ago and couldn't get on the bench for his local Sunday league team. Having a penis somehow qualifies Dave to speak with greater authority than a woman who has won 142 caps for England, played in 4 World Cups and has played in front of 80,000 people.

Most refs never played to any kid of level. Some of the greatest managers of all time were physios or translators. They are able to lead teams to Champions League triumphs on the back of never having played a game, but a woman is somehow unable to give any kind of opinion on which team in a match has created the better chances.

It's absolutely mind-boggling. Especially when you consider how crap some of the male co-commentators and pundits there are out there in regular employment.

It really is a mental concept, as if these people believe biological males are born with a football chromosome that evolves every time the backpass rule or VAR comes along.
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 17:43 - Dec 8 with 1757 viewsRyorry

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 16:46 - Dec 8 by Asa

It is absolutely baffling how anyone can genuinely think that a woman is unable to speak with any authority on men's football.

The same people however will listen to Dave, down the pub. A bloke who kicked a ball round a park with his kid once, 40 years ago and couldn't get on the bench for his local Sunday league team. Having a penis somehow qualifies Dave to speak with greater authority than a woman who has won 142 caps for England, played in 4 World Cups and has played in front of 80,000 people.

Most refs never played to any kid of level. Some of the greatest managers of all time were physios or translators. They are able to lead teams to Champions League triumphs on the back of never having played a game, but a woman is somehow unable to give any kind of opinion on which team in a match has created the better chances.

It's absolutely mind-boggling. Especially when you consider how crap some of the male co-commentators and pundits there are out there in regular employment.

It really is a mental concept, as if these people believe biological males are born with a football chromosome that evolves every time the backpass rule or VAR comes along.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 18:51 - Dec 8 with 1727 viewsibbleobble

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:49 - Dec 6 by MattinLondon

Like it or not he is right about the women’s game being totally different from the men’s game.

I mean it’s not like it’s 90 minutes long and spilt into two 45 minute halves. It’s not like it has the same pitch markings and uses the same pitch dimensions as the men. It’s not like it has the same rules….Joey Barton you utter cock.

Clearly he’s referring to the level of women’s game compared to the mens, not the fundamentals of the rules. This debate was had on Talksport some time back and they largely agreed with the point. The difference is stark even if the game is the same.
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 19:51 - Dec 8 with 1694 viewsMattinLondon

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 18:51 - Dec 8 by ibbleobble

Clearly he’s referring to the level of women’s game compared to the mens, not the fundamentals of the rules. This debate was had on Talksport some time back and they largely agreed with the point. The difference is stark even if the game is the same.

Well if it’s been on Talksport then the debate must be over.

Leaving out the sarcasm - how does the differences prevent or hinder a woman from having an opinion on mens football? Be it a female commentator or a female professional footballer?
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 20:42 - Dec 8 with 1653 viewsibbleobble

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 19:51 - Dec 8 by MattinLondon

Well if it’s been on Talksport then the debate must be over.

Leaving out the sarcasm - how does the differences prevent or hinder a woman from having an opinion on mens football? Be it a female commentator or a female professional footballer?

It doesn’t. I don’t agree with him. Just because the game is different in stature it doesn’t mean females can’t comment and add insight on the men’s game. Whether their opinions are good or right is open to opinion.
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 09:16 - Dec 9 with 1494 viewsRadlett_blue

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 20:42 - Dec 8 by ibbleobble

It doesn’t. I don’t agree with him. Just because the game is different in stature it doesn’t mean females can’t comment and add insight on the men’s game. Whether their opinions are good or right is open to opinion.

They're entitled to an opinion & some may be shrewd judges, but all the male pundits have either played and/or managed at the top level of male football. Obviously there aren't any females who have done that. TV are adding female pundits for PC reasons, rather than because they're well qualified to do the job.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 09:19 - Dec 9 with 1487 viewsHerbivore

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 09:16 - Dec 9 by Radlett_blue

They're entitled to an opinion & some may be shrewd judges, but all the male pundits have either played and/or managed at the top level of male football. Obviously there aren't any females who have done that. TV are adding female pundits for PC reasons, rather than because they're well qualified to do the job.

What a load of nonsense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024