Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This next block of games looks daunting 14:22 - Dec 14 with 3108 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwich (H) “form book out the window” klaxon is sounding. Which might be good as they’ve won 4 out of last 6. Not yet convinced they’re as bad as some of their fans think they are.

Leeds (A) the weird German has got them cooking, draw here would be fantastic. Maybe the early kick off will dampen the atmosphere

Leicester (H) myself and Junior will be in attendance for this one. I fear a 0-3 spanking (based on how they carved Plymouth apart recently) but would take a draw.

QPR (H) they’ve picked up a little but should be beatable.

Stoke (A) can we do it on a cold New Year’s Day in Stoke? I think we can although potential of new manager bounce is there

Wimbledon (A) FA Cup. And breathe. Time to relax. Nobody’s too fussed, surely.

Then it’s Sunderland, Leicester (again) and a chance for revenge v Rotherham. Strap in, it’s going to get crazy….

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This next block of games looks daunting on 14:24 - Dec 14 with 2779 viewshype313

Can't believe QPR couldn't beat a 10 man Plymouth team, who's away form has been woeful.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This next block of games looks daunting on 14:26 - Dec 14 with 2766 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm 4 points from the next 3. Norwich - win (but not a comfortable victory). Lose at Leeds and draw at home against Leicester.

QPR - win
Stoke - draw
Wimbledon - win
Sunderland - win
Leicester - lose
Rotherham - win

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

This next block of games looks daunting on 14:29 - Dec 14 with 2732 viewsle2blue

Love the paranoia, its healthy for us all to remain grounded. But with Kieran at the wheel we're now able to fear no one and just concentrate on how unbelievable good we are now. All of those teams will be feeling even more anxious playing us as we are about playing them..... the last year has been so mad that I've even got to the point where lucky scarf and parking in the same place is no longer required to increase the changes of a better performance. Its like what being a Real Madrid fan must be like, we are a machine.
This next block of games looks daunting on 14:37 - Dec 14 with 2630 views_clive_baker_

They're all daunting innit. Boro and Watford on the road looked daunting too and we've scored 4, conceded only 1 and taken 6 points.

After Stoke (A) its a little calmer IMO. 1) we get the FA Cup weekend as a break from league action, so effectively 2 weeks full prep for Sunderland if you want to view it like that. After Stoke there's only 3 league games in Jan, 2 of which at home and Leicester away is one we can go into without much pressure really, it's all on them.

I'm sure there will be plenty of twists and turns, we'll win games and lose games between now and May, but I do look at the 20 remaining games that follow Stoke and think we can take 40 points from them tbh. 9 points from the next 5 games would be nice, to go into that final 20 on 60 points. Would be absolutely remarkable really.
This next block of games looks daunting on 14:39 - Dec 14 with 2599 viewsTootingTown

I went to the QPR game last night and they were woeful. Should've been 2-0 down before the sending off, completely toothless going forward. We should beat them comfortably.

I think we'll get 4 points out of the next 3 games. Beat Norwich, draw at Leeds and I do think Leicester will have too much for us.
This next block of games looks daunting on 14:51 - Dec 14 with 2524 viewsRobTheMonk

Norwich is the type of game where I think our players will be well up for it regardless of it being the local derby. The squad are just much less made up of 'mercenaries' now.
This next block of games looks daunting on 14:56 - Dec 14 with 2481 viewsSwansea_Blue

This next block of games looks daunting on 14:39 - Dec 14 by TootingTown

I went to the QPR game last night and they were woeful. Should've been 2-0 down before the sending off, completely toothless going forward. We should beat them comfortably.

I think we'll get 4 points out of the next 3 games. Beat Norwich, draw at Leeds and I do think Leicester will have too much for us.

You have my commiserations. Must have been a pretty grim experience on a chilly December evening.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This next block of games looks daunting on 15:06 - Dec 14 with 2406 viewswithyblue

Form book out of the window? When was the last time an east Anglian derby went against the form book. Can’t think of any surprising results in the last 15 years
Login to get fewer ads

This next block of games looks daunting on 15:24 - Dec 14 with 2265 viewshoppy

Just finished reading this post, and as I read the last line, Radio 6 Music is now playing Prince - Let's Go Crazy... I think that might be a sign...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This next block of games looks daunting on 15:27 - Dec 14 with 2250 viewshoppy

This next block of games looks daunting on 15:06 - Dec 14 by withyblue

Form book out of the window? When was the last time an east Anglian derby went against the form book. Can’t think of any surprising results in the last 15 years

But the form book is pretty even atm anyway... if they've won 4 of the last 6... we've won 5 of the last 6.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This next block of games looks daunting on 15:33 - Dec 14 with 2203 viewsBigCommon

This next block of games looks daunting on 14:37 - Dec 14 by _clive_baker_

They're all daunting innit. Boro and Watford on the road looked daunting too and we've scored 4, conceded only 1 and taken 6 points.

After Stoke (A) its a little calmer IMO. 1) we get the FA Cup weekend as a break from league action, so effectively 2 weeks full prep for Sunderland if you want to view it like that. After Stoke there's only 3 league games in Jan, 2 of which at home and Leicester away is one we can go into without much pressure really, it's all on them.

I'm sure there will be plenty of twists and turns, we'll win games and lose games between now and May, but I do look at the 20 remaining games that follow Stoke and think we can take 40 points from them tbh. 9 points from the next 5 games would be nice, to go into that final 20 on 60 points. Would be absolutely remarkable really.

Hopefully have 1 or 2 through the door early Jan. To energize the squad. Even if they are not immediate starters, it should keep a few on their toes and pushing that bit harder to remain part of the matchday squad, imo.
This next block of games looks daunting on 15:44 - Dec 14 with 2140 viewsIllinoisblue

This next block of games looks daunting on 15:24 - Dec 14 by hoppy

Just finished reading this post, and as I read the last line, Radio 6 Music is now playing Prince - Let's Go Crazy... I think that might be a sign...

Coincidentally I am wearing a raspberry beret today. #signs

62 - 78 - 81

This next block of games looks daunting on 15:46 - Dec 14 with 2128 viewsIllinoisblue

This next block of games looks daunting on 14:37 - Dec 14 by _clive_baker_

6/6 from Boro and Watford does give us a little house money to play with. Wasn’t expecting that which goes to show I should know better than to doubt this squad.

62 - 78 - 81

This next block of games looks daunting on 16:57 - Dec 14 with 1909 viewstextbackup

This next block of games looks daunting on 14:26 - Dec 14 by Kieran_Knows

I'm 4 points from the next 3. Norwich - win (but not a comfortable victory). Lose at Leeds and draw at home against Leicester.

QPR - win
Stoke - draw
Wimbledon - win
Sunderland - win
Leicester - lose
Rotherham - win

Norwich Win
Leeds draw
Leicester draw
Qpr hammer them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This next block of games looks daunting on 17:02 - Dec 14 with 1886 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We have got a tough run. If after those six matches we are more than 10 points clear of 3rd, no more than a point behind top, and in the 4th round of the cup we will have done well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This next block of games looks daunting on 18:16 - Dec 14 with 1705 viewsCoastalblue

We should have too much for Nodge, even being a derby, I think our strengths match their weaknesses in a way that's not good for them.

Leeds, very, very tough game, but for them it's one of the much fabled must win fixtures. Huge pressure on them to get a result against us and that might tell.

Leicester? I really fancy us for that one, there's not too much between the two sides as is being evidenced and we can beat them.

It wouldn't be a huge shock to win all three, I'm not expecting to, but we could quite conceivably.

I think 7 points from 9 which will see us in an amazing position.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

This next block of games looks daunting on 18:18 - Dec 14 with 1703 viewsMK1

They said that about the last batch and the batch before. 6 from 9 will do us just fine.
This next block of games looks daunting on 19:01 - Dec 14 with 1608 viewsDinDjarin

Norwich W 3 - 0
Leeds - D 1 - 1
Leicester W 2 - 1
Stoke W 2 - 0
QPR - W 2 - 0

Not sure why we are so sacred of Leeds or Leicester as our stats stack up as good as theirs.
This next block of games looks daunting on 19:27 - Dec 14 with 1540 viewsMK1

This next block of games looks daunting on 17:02 - Dec 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

We have got a tough run. If after those six matches we are more than 10 points clear of 3rd, no more than a point behind top, and in the 4th round of the cup we will have done well.

"we would have done well"?
Nothing like understating something.
This next block of games looks daunting on 19:32 - Dec 14 with 1511 viewsMK1

This next block of games looks daunting on 15:44 - Dec 14 by Illinoisblue

Coincidentally I am wearing a raspberry beret today. #signs

#Signofthetimes
This next block of games looks daunting on 19:43 - Dec 14 with 1464 viewsnodge_blue

I know that Kieron will be calm about it all.

Every challenge we have faced, every old bogey (dont win on sky etc) he has faced down. Doesnt even talk aboutv them.

No matter what happens Saturday we are in a good place. Lets just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

This next block of games looks daunting on 19:46 - Dec 14 with 1450 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This next block of games looks daunting on 14:29 - Dec 14 by le2blue

Love the paranoia, its healthy for us all to remain grounded. But with Kieran at the wheel we're now able to fear no one and just concentrate on how unbelievable good we are now. All of those teams will be feeling even more anxious playing us as we are about playing them..... the last year has been so mad that I've even got to the point where lucky scarf and parking in the same place is no longer required to increase the changes of a better performance. Its like what being a Real Madrid fan must be like, we are a machine.

You'll have to tear my lucky socks from my cold, dead feet.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

This next block of games looks daunting on 19:59 - Dec 14 with 1390 viewsMullet

I really don't think they are. Whether it's luck in any small part this season, we've gone through so many teams and challenges. We've still come back after defeats and could easily lose the next 3 and Leeds still can't catch us.

I'd not bet on us striking out for two consecutive games all season right now. The fact we've made a record breaking start and are still second means we'll have to go into freefall to get nothing from this season.

A blip of any size won't be enough to derail us. Amor Fati my man.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This next block of games looks daunting on 20:06 - Dec 14 with 1352 viewsnodge_blue

I know that Kieron will be calm about it all.

Every challenge we have faced, every old bogey (dont win on sky etc) he has faced down. Doesnt even talk aboutv them.

No matter what happens Saturday we are in a good place. Lets just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

This next block of games looks daunting on 20:17 - Dec 14 with 1304 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Without sounding rude these posts seem a bit tedious to me. If the next group of 6 games is daunting then so is the 46 fixtures as a whole which clearly we’re proving is not the case. The season has been going long enough to show we have not being lucky and have earned each and every point. At this stage there is no logical reason to think Leeds will close the gap anymore so than we’ll increase the gap. In fact the latter is more statistically likely. Maybe being a little pessimistic makes it all the more enjoyable each time we win….I’m not sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024