Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD 20:24 - Dec 17 with 1907 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Sorry to hear Wrighty leaving MOTD. For an oldie like me MOTD is football gold,and compulsory Saturday night viewing.Can’t really remember a time without it, and in all those years, the holy trinity of presenters is Lineker, Shearer and Wright. What a forward line that would be!
MOTD on 01:20 - Dec 18 with 1693 viewsRyorry

Real shame Wrighty's going, he was the best thing about MotD & I'll probably watch it even less when he's gone than I did before.

Hope he'll go to another channel or radio instead - I'd happily follow him there if so - he's the best football pundit on the planet by a country mile.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

MOTD on 01:55 - Dec 18 with 1691 viewsZapers

Hopefully Lineker will follow him out the door soon. I know that's not going to be a popular view on here;)
MOTD on 07:30 - Dec 18 with 1544 viewsMattinLondon

MOTD on 01:55 - Dec 18 by Zapers

Hopefully Lineker will follow him out the door soon. I know that's not going to be a popular view on here;)

I think that Lineker is a very good presenter. A good sense of humour and brings in everyone in the studio into each discussion.
MOTD on 08:35 - Dec 18 with 1446 viewsArnoldMoorhen

MOTD on 07:30 - Dec 18 by MattinLondon

I think that Lineker is a very good presenter. A good sense of humour and brings in everyone in the studio into each discussion.

Yeah, but he also doesn't like it when dinghies capsize in the Channel, and people drown, so some find it hard to put that aside and just judge his presenting and punditry skills at face value.
MOTD on 08:38 - Dec 18 with 1426 viewsHerbivore

You can't be that much of an oldie if all your memories of MOTD involve Lineker, Shearer and Wright!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

MOTD on 08:42 - Dec 18 with 1410 viewsWickets

MOTD on 08:38 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

You can't be that much of an oldie if all your memories of MOTD involve Lineker, Shearer and Wright!

Jimmy Hill ?
MOTD on 08:44 - Dec 18 with 1398 viewsnoggin

Yeah, bring on Jimmy Hill, Bob Wilson, David Coleman and John Motson. Proper MOTD.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

MOTD on 08:45 - Dec 18 with 1399 viewsiamatractorboy

MOTD on 07:30 - Dec 18 by MattinLondon

I do like Lineker, his dry sense of humour is my cup of tea, but Des was the absolute master. 'Shouldn't you be at work?'
Login to get fewer ads

MOTD on 08:45 - Dec 18 with 1385 viewsWickets

MOTD on 08:44 - Dec 18 by noggin

Yeah, bring on Jimmy Hill, Bob Wilson, David Coleman and John Motson. Proper MOTD.

Some of us can even remember Ken Wolstenholme !
MOTD on 08:46 - Dec 18 with 1373 viewsnoggin

MOTD on 08:45 - Dec 18 by Wickets

Some of us can even remember Ken Wolstenholme !

Did he present with Fred Flintstone?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

MOTD on 08:51 - Dec 18 with 1340 viewsWickets

MOTD on 08:46 - Dec 18 by noggin

Did he present with Fred Flintstone?

Fred and Barney now your talking x
MOTD on 08:52 - Dec 18 with 1339 viewshype313

MOTD on 01:20 - Dec 18 by Ryorry

Real shame Wrighty's going, he was the best thing about MotD & I'll probably watch it even less when he's gone than I did before.

Hope he'll go to another channel or radio instead - I'd happily follow him there if so - he's the best football pundit on the planet by a country mile.

He's doing more stuff with Sky with Neville, Carra and Keane, suspect he's been offered a better gig elsewhere.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

MOTD on 09:01 - Dec 18 with 1317 viewsArnoldMoorhen

MOTD on 08:52 - Dec 18 by hype313

He's doing more stuff with Sky with Neville, Carra and Keane, suspect he's been offered a better gig elsewhere.

To be honest, it must be wearing being one of the two or three presenters mentioned by name and pictured, every time one of the media barons orders their Editors to do another "Stick the knife into the BBC about wasting the Licence Fee" piece.

Especially as he will be able to earn more elsewhere.

(Ironically working for the same media barons!)
MOTD on 09:44 - Dec 18 with 1249 viewsBlueBadger

As TWTD'S leading anti-bullying campaigner, I'd have thought you'd be a big fan of Lineker given how he generally stands up for the the little guy and stands up to the bullies.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 10:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MOTD on 10:31 - Dec 18 with 1181 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

My point was how much I enjoy the Lineker, Shearer and Wright trio. I remember well the days of Jimmy Hill. I have to say he was not one of my favourites. Des Lynam, who I think succeeded Jimmy Hill, was much better.
MOTD on 11:19 - Dec 18 with 1125 viewsblueprint

How old are you 30?
MOTD on 12:18 - Dec 18 with 1050 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

MOTD on 08:35 - Dec 18 by ArnoldMoorhen

Yeah, but he also doesn't like it when dinghies capsize in the Channel, and people drown, so some find it hard to put that aside and just judge his presenting and punditry skills at face value.

What a monster
MOTD on 12:23 - Dec 18 with 1025 viewsMeadowlark

I too am an oldie, but cannot stand the format or the emphasis on punditry. I always watch it on catch-up so that I can fast forward between matches without listening to all that opinionated drivel.
MOTD on 12:41 - Dec 18 with 983 viewsTVRBlue

MOTD on 12:23 - Dec 18 by Meadowlark

I too am an oldie, but cannot stand the format or the emphasis on punditry. I always watch it on catch-up so that I can fast forward between matches without listening to all that opinionated drivel.

This.
MOTD on 13:54 - Dec 18 with 912 viewsRyorry

Wrighty had interesting insights though, not "opinionated drivel" - that's the difference beteen him & Shearer in particular.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

MOTD on 15:33 - Dec 18 with 831 viewsmrshallisfit

Yes he is terrible isn't he. All that compassion and morality. Dreadful.
MOTD on 18:55 - Dec 18 with 758 viewsVaughan8

Same. The "talk" is usually obvious, or rubbish.

Just record or watch on iplayer. Also saves about half the time.
MOTD on 19:01 - Dec 18 with 744 viewstcblue

The PL publishes highlights and goals of all the games on YouTube, there's really no need for the pundit heavy MOTD for that.

Wrighty was far and away the good part of it. He's always seemed a good, authentic dude
MOTD on 19:08 - Dec 18 with 727 viewsMattinLondon

MOTD on 19:01 - Dec 18 by tcblue

The PL publishes highlights and goals of all the games on YouTube, there's really no need for the pundit heavy MOTD for that.

Wrighty was far and away the good part of it. He's always seemed a good, authentic dude

I quite like MOTD. All of the PL matches condensed with good pundits as well. It’s the only PL action that I watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024