Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shout out to Kayden Jackson 22:01 - Dec 26 with 2995 viewsmarvellous

He pressed and harried the centre backs and goalkeeper excellently. He came short, he held the ball up and laid the ball off well. Very good performance.
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:07 - Dec 26 with 2678 viewsNthQldITFC

Did some good stuff. If he started his press a little closer to the defensive line, and then left his shoulder in on the defenders a little bit more, he could do a thoroughly decent Hirst-like job, potentially nicking a few more balls as well with his extra half a yard of pace.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:14 - Dec 26 with 2611 viewstractordownsouth

He grew into the game. Didn't come short at all in the first half and didn't ask any real questions about their defence's positioning. Much better second half though, a couple of neat lay-offs, even if his touch is still very hit and miss.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:17 - Dec 26 with 2569 viewskesblue

Lol r u kidding?
He should never b any where near a top champship team
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:19 - Dec 26 with 2543 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:17 - Dec 26 by kesblue

Lol r u kidding?

With that kind of insight you’re wasted on here buddy

Poll: Is Billm….

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:20 - Dec 26 with 2527 viewsbilllm

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:17 - Dec 26 by kesblue

Lol r u kidding?

I agree was crap this is the first time I've slagged him,
Poor tactics by mckenna bring on broady push chappers number 9 job done
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:24 - Dec 26 with 2453 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:20 - Dec 26 by billlm

I agree was crap this is the first time I've slagged him,
Poor tactics by mckenna bring on broady push chappers number 9 job done

Considering the low points of his Town career, which has seen some remarkable lows (from mismanagement as much as form) compared to anything we see from him now - I find it amazing this would be the first time you’ve ’slagged him’, as you say

Poll: Is Billm….

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:28 - Dec 26 with 2356 viewsKentish_Tractor

He did the best he could.

He always puts in a good shift - you can't question his commitment or his workrate.

Problem is he just doesn't have a good enough touch to play at this level - certainly not up front anyway, and definitely not as a lone striker. If we have to play him, it needs to be on the wing, or up front in a 2 with someone who can finish (although thats not our system).

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:29 - Dec 26 with 2349 viewsChrisd

We looked better when Lapado came on for those last 10mins. I’ll give Jackson credit he runs around, but there really wasn’t much else he offered. Perhaps I’m not seeing what others are, but I was nonplussed by Jackson’s display.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 23:22 - Dec 26 with 2124 viewsitfcsuth

He worked tirelessly, as he does every single time he plays - you cannot fault him for his application one bit.

He does the lack the quality though that we probably want from our striking options from the bench.

We do certainly need to strengthen in the striker department in January.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 12:31]
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 23:27 - Dec 26 with 2069 viewsLankHenners

He ran his socks off and tried his heart out as always but I don't see the need in trying to pretend he's anything close to a good option as a regular lone striker. Technical ability is miles off and generally a bit frantic with the ball when we need a cooler head. Will have his part to play but we need better pretty urgently.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 23:29 - Dec 26 with 2040 viewsfarkenhell

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 23:22 - Dec 26 by itfcsuth

He worked tirelessly, as he does every single time he plays - you cannot fault him for his application one bit.

He does the lack the quality though that we probably want from our striking options from the bench.

We do certainly need to strengthen in the striker department in January.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 12:31]

Are you suggesting the subs should hold a flatulence competition to ascertain who has the required stinking quality?
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 23:36 - Dec 26 with 1977 viewsSuperblue95

Besides Broadheads shambolic cameo I thought he was our worst player today. Held the ball up okay on a couple of occasions and pressed well at times but just wasn’t involved enough in our attacks. Seemed to keep making the wrong runs when we were on the ball meaning he was rarely an option for a forward pass and his decision making on the ball wasn’t great.

I agree with others that he’s more useful when coming on against tired defences as a wide forward. Think Ladapo might have been a better option but we are desperate for another striker in January as neither are good enough to regularly lead the line if we want to stay in the top two. Hopefully Hirsts injury isn’t as bad as it looked.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 23:37 - Dec 26 with 1970 viewsbluelagos

Yep, he's always a 100% player and thought he did well tonight. His pace is such an attribute (as opposed to strength) so good to see him adapting to a role that isn't his natural role (holding up, laying off)

Chuffed for the lad - guess he'll likely get a run if Hurst is out for a few games.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 23:43 - Dec 26 with 1906 viewsEireannach_gorm

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:19 - Dec 26 by John_Warks_Willy

With that kind of insight you’re wasted on here buddy

McKenna seemed to have the same insight as he subbed him off.
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 23:45 - Dec 26 with 1867 viewscressi

Runs around trys but wouldn't score in a broth*l.
Def need strikers to come in Jan 2 off them with Hirst injury.
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 00:14 - Dec 27 with 1767 viewsStewart27

I find this Jackson love in a little tiresome.

It was clear and obvious he was off the pace tonight and no where near has the quality needed for a championship team who wants to get promoted.

But let’s say he’s great because it’s the popular opinion with the cool people on the forum.

Need to find out why it happened but this was the first time I’ve ever known a sub to be subbed at PR.
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 00:26 - Dec 27 with 1725 viewsbilllm

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 22:24 - Dec 26 by John_Warks_Willy

Considering the low points of his Town career, which has seen some remarkable lows (from mismanagement as much as form) compared to anything we see from him now - I find it amazing this would be the first time you’ve ’slagged him’, as you say

Possibly
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 00:29 - Dec 27 with 1709 viewsWhos_blue

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 00:14 - Dec 27 by Stewart27

It was clear and obvious he was off the pace tonight and no where near has the quality needed for a championship team who wants to get promoted.

But let’s say he’s great because it’s the popular opinion with the cool people on the forum.

Need to find out why it happened but this was the first time I’ve ever known a sub to be subbed at PR.

"Need to find out why it happened but this was the first time I’ve ever known a sub to be subbed at PR."

Hadn't he played the best part of 70 mins by the time he was subbed?
That's a fairly standard sub by KM.
Don't think we can read too much in to that.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 07:58 - Dec 27 with 1420 viewsReus30

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 00:29 - Dec 27 by Whos_blue

"Need to find out why it happened but this was the first time I’ve ever known a sub to be subbed at PR."

Exactly, did his 70 minutes like Hirst does, ran his socks off and needed a change.

Nothing new under KM, if you didn't know that, you don't watch many games.
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 08:03 - Dec 27 with 1396 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 00:14 - Dec 27 by Stewart27

Not sure there’s much need to go over it all again - he’s ineffective as a 9 isn’t he. On the right wing, he’s occasionally tolerable but not at the level we now need.

Ladapo should start vs qpr.
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 08:08 - Dec 27 with 1370 viewstextbackup

If he had a bit more quality, was a bit smarter, he’d be a really useful player. He’s the fastest player we have (possibly) that doesn’t utilise that pace to full advantage.

Counted only once that Chaplin went for an early ball over the top for him to run on to… but he’d not clocked Chaplin was going to do it, didn’t anticipate it was even an option.

Runs about and does a job. Didn’t let himself or team down tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 08:11 - Dec 27 with 1353 viewsPioneerBlue

Yes shout out to KJ.

Not a player that excites me but he put in 70 mins of effort that he would never have been expected to do. It took time for him to grow into the game and there is nothing we don’t know in terms of what he can and can’t bring the team particularly at the top end of the championship. KMcK knows this, we know this.

We are second in the league going into Jan. What value is there knocking any member of our squad. Have we become that wrapped up in our own position? Every game we have to work so hard, all the squad is contributing whether that’s in training or during games.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 08:17 - Dec 27 with 1323 viewsBuhrer

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 08:08 - Dec 27 by textbackup

If he had a bit more quality, was a bit smarter, he’d be a really useful player. He’s the fastest player we have (possibly) that doesn’t utilise that pace to full advantage.

Counted only once that Chaplin went for an early ball over the top for him to run on to… but he’d not clocked Chaplin was going to do it, didn’t anticipate it was even an option.

Runs about and does a job. Didn’t let himself or team down tho

There was also that time he very much was looking to run onto a ball, and then Chappers attempted the cross bar challenge...
Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 08:35 - Dec 27 with 1238 viewsnodge_blue

He put in a shift yes. I’m not faulting his effort. But that’s about it. He’s still way short for a team wanting promotion. He’s not Daryl Murphy.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 09:37 - Dec 27 with 1115 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shout out to Kayden Jackson on 00:29 - Dec 27 by Whos_blue

Also, we were having loose balls in the leicester box. That is Ladapo territory, and he almost scored from it too.

If Balls are dropping in the box, you do want Freddie there, that's his main strong point.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024