Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladapo 22:42 - Dec 29 with 7054 viewstextbackup

Fcks two 1 on 1’s

Nutmegged by a throw in by an ITFC player

Walks off when subbed, and tells Chaplin to fck off when he suggests to runs and hurry’s up

Good night for him all round.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ladapo on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 1894 viewstextbackup

Ladapo on 23:06 - Dec 29 by reusersfreekicks

True, needs a full stop.
When he wrote it he didn't know it was true as he states.
Pedantic but true

Glad you’re more concerned over a forum post than how poor he was, then showed an awful attitude.
Priorities 👍

Ladapo on 23:11 - Dec 29 with 1889 viewsitfcsuth

I think the reality is the last couple of games have showed us that our strength in depth is not strong enough - which is not a huge surprise, we are a newly promoted side and have held the core of the group together.

I think all have had that opportunity with the step up now, and we now know where we need to strengthen/improve.

2 strikers (1 versatile in multiple positions) essential in January.
Ladapo on 23:13 - Dec 29 with 1876 viewsmadmouse1959

Ok...yes, Freddie could have been more clinical and lobbed the keeper on his one on one. He made his choice and it did not workout A frustrating night for Freddie

Although I will say he could of possibly done better with the header later on.
There was little quality service to our strikers other than that.

A battling performance and some players look tired and void of ideas at times We got away with some clumsy defending as usual. Add a legitimate penalty and all in all we got a fair point I felt.

shampoo dave

Ladapo on 23:16 - Dec 29 with 1838 viewsNeedhamChris

Ladapo on 23:13 - Dec 29 by madmouse1959

Ok...yes, Freddie could have been more clinical and lobbed the keeper on his one on one. He made his choice and it did not workout A frustrating night for Freddie

A battling performance and some players look tired and void of ideas at times We got away with some clumsy defending as usual. Add a legitimate penalty and all in all we got a fair point I felt.

What legitimate penalty?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Ladapo on 00:16 - Dec 30 with 1727 viewscressi

Ladapo on 22:49 - Dec 29 by textbackup

I’m not sure what that means.

He runs, but the runs aren’t smart runs, his balls in from out wide are poor too.

Both players should be replaced in Jan (if we are serious about this promotion push)

Exactly both poor not good enough
Ladapo on 00:32 - Dec 30 with 1689 viewsVaughan8

Clearly Ladapo isn't good enough to start games for a top championship team. He looks like he's off in January and only started today due to injuries. He's barely come off the bench in recent weeks.

What do you expect when he's had about 90 mins of football in 2 months with not a lot of service from a bit of a makeshift team. Put Burns, Davis and Morsy in there he might have had a bit more of a chance. Others had poor games too and I don't think that is down to Ladapo.

However, Ladapo hasn't done anything to claim the spot so presumably Jackson will play that role now but him and Ladapo are not up to leading our line, if we want to go up, and we need someone in ASAP if Hirst is out for a long time.
Ladapo on 00:33 - Dec 30 with 1676 viewseddiespearitt03

Ladapo on 23:16 - Dec 29 by NeedhamChris

What legitimate penalty?

It was a handball by Jackson. Well, most fans think we got away with one. The I Follow pundits also thought it was a stone wall penalty .
Ladapo on 00:34 - Dec 30 with 1673 viewstextbackup

Ladapo on 00:32 - Dec 30 by Vaughan8

Clearly Ladapo isn't good enough to start games for a top championship team. He looks like he's off in January and only started today due to injuries. He's barely come off the bench in recent weeks.

What do you expect when he's had about 90 mins of football in 2 months with not a lot of service from a bit of a makeshift team. Put Burns, Davis and Morsy in there he might have had a bit more of a chance. Others had poor games too and I don't think that is down to Ladapo.

However, Ladapo hasn't done anything to claim the spot so presumably Jackson will play that role now but him and Ladapo are not up to leading our line, if we want to go up, and we need someone in ASAP if Hirst is out for a long time.

‘not a lot of service from a bit of a makeshift team’
That makeshift team sorted him out two one on ones in the first 8mins of the game

Login to get fewer ads

Ladapo on 01:05 - Dec 30 with 1607 viewsVaughan8

Ladapo on 00:34 - Dec 30 by textbackup

‘not a lot of service from a bit of a makeshift team’
That makeshift team sorted him out two one on ones in the first 8mins of the game

You are to Ladapo what Frimley is to Burns. Desperate for Ladapo to be rubbish..........and he's helping you haha (unlike Burns for Frimley)

They must have been such good chances only 1 made the highlights. Harness had a decent chance in the second half too.

We didn't have a shot from 61 mins until 98th minute........ Ladapo came off at 63rd minute.

All i'm saying is the poor result is not all his fault! We miss chances all the time so its nothing new.
Ladapo on 01:28 - Dec 30 with 1580 viewsWeirdFishes

His performance was very poor in itself, if his antics when subbed off are true I hope the man never plays for Ipswich Town again. A real shame, I always liked Freddie but if you don’t give 100% for the town you are against the town.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 8:15]

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Ladapo on 01:58 - Dec 30 with 1563 viewsJakeITFC

Tbf, Chaplin was harrying all of the subs along - both Williams and Ball looked shocked to see their numbers go up (presumably having not paid attention to the hour of football they’d played previously).
Ladapo on 05:31 - Dec 30 with 1487 viewsBigCommon

Ladapo on 22:47 - Dec 29 by LeoMuff

He looked very p1ssed off being subbed, I assumed because he was getting the hook.

Getting replaced by a semi fit teenager, might not have gone down well..
He was below par , but in his defence he's going to be rusty given the lack of minutes he's had lately..
I like FL. But he makes it hard for me to defend him sometimes..

Our standards have become so much higher , than they were pre KM. That any misplaced pass, or missed chance, look all the worse.
Ladapo on 06:29 - Dec 30 with 1459 viewsPioneerBlue

Didn’t or could see any of the things people are saying happened but did see an out of form player being asked to pick up where form players deliver. From the outside he should have had more recent minutes for any higher expectations to bet put on him, he’s not had the benefit of carrying expectation of week to week performances for a year.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Ladapo on 06:58 - Dec 30 with 1436 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ladapo on 05:31 - Dec 30 by BigCommon

Getting replaced by a semi fit teenager, might not have gone down well..
He was below par , but in his defence he's going to be rusty given the lack of minutes he's had lately..
I like FL. But he makes it hard for me to defend him sometimes..

Our standards have become so much higher , than they were pre KM. That any misplaced pass, or missed chance, look all the worse.

Come off it, he was awful to whatever standard you were judging him by. Literally failed on every reason he’s in there for.
Ladapo on 07:35 - Dec 30 with 1392 viewsSwansea_Blue

It was typical Freddie really. He always needed a couple of sighters in L1 and had problems whenever he had time to think. We were very wasteful last year, and still have that problem (but still score a lot because we create a lot).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ladapo on 09:06 - Dec 30 with 1300 viewsBlueOura

Ladapo on 22:57 - Dec 29 by bob12

It's not about him reading the forum ahaha. It's the general moaning and looking for negatives some of our fans have, especially against players like Freddie. Back all the players not just the ones you like. We're are second ffs. Would read this forum like we are bottom half

I'll back players who put in the effort, Freddie lacks pace and ability at this level but last night he lacked effort as well, no excuse for that.
Ladapo on 14:42 - Dec 30 with 1154 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don’t mean to be over critical but he’s been wasteful in front of goal this season in the limited opportunities he’s had. Both first half chances you’d expect a decent Championship striker to take. To not get either of them was frustrating. If you think back he missed a guilt edge chance against Wednesday this year as well (which would have been one of the best footballing goals of the season). He hit the keeper at Brum from closer range, luckily we scored the rebound and couple of others spring to mind.

Last night was a great opportunity for him unfortunately he failed to capitalize on it. I remember some not amazing reviews in the league cup games as well. Can’t forget what he done for us in league 1 but he’s not been at it this year and he’s had a few opportunities.
Ladapo on 16:59 - Dec 30 with 1053 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ladapo on 22:59 - Dec 29 by textbackup

You want me to back a bloke that has shown his true colours by arguing with Chaplin for telling him to hurry up when being subbed?!

He got my full support for 65mins when on the pitch, even when he got nutmegged from a throw in

Perhaps Williams was hoping for the same outcome when he threw the ball to one of their players!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Ladapo on 17:22 - Dec 30 with 1008 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Ladapo on 22:49 - Dec 29 by bob12

So what you've done is make up BS because you don't like Freddie, and just trying to stir the pot... great support of the team

Ahem.

Ladapo on 17:25 - Dec 30 with 999 viewsDJR

Ladapo on 14:42 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don’t mean to be over critical but he’s been wasteful in front of goal this season in the limited opportunities he’s had. Both first half chances you’d expect a decent Championship striker to take. To not get either of them was frustrating. If you think back he missed a guilt edge chance against Wednesday this year as well (which would have been one of the best footballing goals of the season). He hit the keeper at Brum from closer range, luckily we scored the rebound and couple of others spring to mind.

Last night was a great opportunity for him unfortunately he failed to capitalize on it. I remember some not amazing reviews in the league cup games as well. Can’t forget what he done for us in league 1 but he’s not been at it this year and he’s had a few opportunities.

According to the following, he ranks higher on goals per 90 (0.58) and shot accuracy (62%) than Chaplin, Burns and Broadhead. And when it comes to goal conversion, only Broadhead beats him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/top-scorers

Of course, it may well be that Ladapo doesn't quite fit the McKenna mould, perhaps a lack of pace being his main failing, but his hold-up play is generally pretty good, and he certainly creates and gets on the end of chances.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 17:41]
Ladapo on 17:40 - Dec 30 with 939 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ladapo on 17:25 - Dec 30 by DJR

According to the following, he ranks higher on goals per 90 (0.58) and shot accuracy (62%) than Chaplin, Burns and Broadhead. And when it comes to goal conversion, only Broadhead beats him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/top-scorers

Of course, it may well be that Ladapo doesn't quite fit the McKenna mould, perhaps a lack of pace being his main failing, but his hold-up play is generally pretty good, and he certainly creates and gets on the end of chances.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 17:41]

With the eye test this season it feels like this falls in the lies, damned Lies, and statistics category. I’d like to see his “big chances” missed stat.

You’ll have to remind me outside of Cardiff what were his other goals?
Ladapo on 17:46 - Dec 30 with 929 viewsEireannach_gorm

Ladapo on 22:47 - Dec 29 by Garv

Neither are good enough. At least Jackson puts a shift in.

...... and didn't behave petulantly when subbed off as a sub in the Leicester game.
Ladapo on 17:47 - Dec 30 with 926 viewsDJR

Ladapo on 17:40 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

With the eye test this season it feels like this falls in the lies, damned Lies, and statistics category. I’d like to see his “big chances” missed stat.

I can't remember myself but for a back-up striker who hasn't had any run in the team and I think was once a striker who tended to play in a two, they aren't bad stats.

And indeed, maybe he would have been much more successful last night if he had had Davis, Morsy, Broadhead and Burns in the team.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 17:58]
Ladapo on 18:02 - Dec 30 with 874 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ladapo on 17:47 - Dec 30 by DJR

I can't remember myself but for a back-up striker who hasn't had any run in the team and I think was once a striker who tended to play in a two, they aren't bad stats.

And indeed, maybe he would have been much more successful last night if he had had Davis, Morsy, Broadhead and Burns in the team.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 17:58]

I didn’t watch much if any of our league cup run (I assume his other two goals came there) but he’s missed some big chances in the league in the opportunities he’s had.
Ladapo on 18:06 - Dec 30 with 848 viewsPioneerBlue

Ladapo on 17:40 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I will go with the data on all round game more than the guy that likes to point out that a striker whose not had many recent minutes misses chances.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024