Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… 10:45 - Jan 5 with 6561 viewsSitfcB

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24029511.inside-travis-blackburn-exi

‘The Lancashire Telegraph understands that Travis has reluctantly accepted a move away from Ewood Park for the good of his career, considering his lack of game time.’

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Various rumours that…. on 10:49 - Jan 5 with 5077 viewsBloots

….he’s fallen out with JDT, apparently it’s been ongoing for a while.

I’d be surprised if we could guarantee him game time here.

Expect it just allows Morsy more opportunities to get booked with less consequences!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 10:49 - Jan 5 with 5035 viewsBondiBlue

Reluctantly? If he wasn't playing, i'd assume he would have been pushing for it.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 10:50 - Jan 5 with 5017 viewsPinewoodblue

Not going to be happy, is he, if he ends up switching a bench at Ewood Park for one at Portman Road.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 10:50 - Jan 5 with 5018 viewsle2blue

See also Sam Morsy, that one worked out okay.
Various rumours that…. on 10:52 - Jan 5 with 4970 viewsSitfcB

Various rumours that…. on 10:49 - Jan 5 by Bloots

Expect it just allows Morsy more opportunities to get booked with less consequences!

Morsy is only 5 more away from a 3 game ban tbf.

I liked this…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Various rumours that…. on 10:56 - Jan 5 with 4853 views_clive_baker_

Various rumours that…. on 10:52 - Jan 5 by SitfcB

I liked this…

It's perfectly possible that Morsy will miss 25% of our remaining league matches through suspension.
Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 10:57 - Jan 5 with 4831 viewsGuthrum

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 10:50 - Jan 5 by Pinewoodblue

Not going to be happy, is he, if he ends up switching a bench at Ewood Park for one at Portman Road.

I doubt he's been made unrealistic promises, nor that an experienced player couldn't see what the situation at ITFC is.

Bear in mind that he would be looking at two defensive/distributive midfield positions at Town (Luongo's as well), rather than the one played, according to that article, at Blackburn. Plus options at full-back on both sides. That's a lot of possibilities for game-time if he's prepared to be a bit flexible.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 10:59 - Jan 5 with 4737 viewstractorboy1978

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 10:57 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

I doubt he's been made unrealistic promises, nor that an experienced player couldn't see what the situation at ITFC is.

Bear in mind that he would be looking at two defensive/distributive midfield positions at Town (Luongo's as well), rather than the one played, according to that article, at Blackburn. Plus options at full-back on both sides. That's a lot of possibilities for game-time if he's prepared to be a bit flexible.

Also suspect Blackburn don't see us as a rival either. Whereas, about 2/3 of the league probably still are in terms of play off potential.
Login to get fewer ads

Various rumours that…. on 10:59 - Jan 5 with 4729 viewsPinewoodblue

Various rumours that…. on 10:56 - Jan 5 by _clive_baker_

It's perfectly possible that Morsy will miss 25% of our remaining league matches through suspension.

Checked the rules.

https://ourgamefootball.com/rules-regs/

Surprised that yellow cards are a free hit during play offs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 11:01 - Jan 5 with 4628 viewschicoazul

Will we get to 5 loans? Hilarious if so.
Farewell Brandon all the best.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Various rumours that…. on 11:02 - Jan 5 with 4613 viewscressi

Various rumours that…. on 10:52 - Jan 5 by SitfcB

I liked this…

Whilst still a Blackburn player and only a loan no one is going to slag off their parent club as you may end up back there.
I think he will be a excellent signing put others on their toes leadership qualities as well what's not to like.
Think we have a minimum of 5 players at the club not good enough who can leave either loan or permanent and I'm not on about our youngsters.
Also the 2 loans enables us to possibly spend on a striker we want not take anybody. I also think we will bring 2/3 more in possibly 2 strikers.
Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 11:16 - Jan 5 with 4336 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 10:57 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

This might be an unpopular opinion but I thought both Morsy and Luongo looked a shadow of their usual capabilities against Stoke. It may even be down to fatigue due to the Christmas period or fatigue for being ever presents in the engine room.

Either way, Travis gives us another like for like option in there with his combative approach and takes a bit of pressure off if Morsy or Luongo have to miss a game.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 11:18 - Jan 5 with 4292 viewsportmanking

Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 11:01 - Jan 5 by chicoazul

Will we get to 5 loans? Hilarious if so.
Farewell Brandon all the best.

Good trolling.

If you're trying to draw parallels with 2014/15, don't.

The landscape of FFP is very different now to what it was then. Our owners would love to delve deep and get 1-2 elite-level players to boost us, I'm sure.
Various rumours that…. on 11:23 - Jan 5 with 4191 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

He’s not coming here to deputise Morsy, he’s coming here to start, there’s no other reason he’s coming. He’s not going to trade Blackburns bench for ours if he wants games. He’s been a very good Championship midfielder longer than anyone on our books.
Various rumours that…. on 11:24 - Jan 5 with 4154 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Various rumours that…. on 11:23 - Jan 5 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

He’s not coming here to deputise Morsy, he’s coming here to start, there’s no other reason he’s coming. He’s not going to trade Blackburns bench for ours if he wants games. He’s been a very good Championship midfielder longer than anyone on our books.

He won't start ahead of Morsy will he. But he'll play plenty of games when Morsy is banned, and allow us to take Morsy off from time to time potentially.
Various rumours that…. on 11:25 - Jan 5 with 4133 viewsHerbivore

He's not going to be starting every week, no chance. He gives us good competition and the option to rest Morsy or Luongo more than we've felt able to do far this season but I doubt we've brought someone in on loan to start ahead of those two on the reg when they've been excellent for us this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Various rumours that…. on 11:41 - Jan 5 with 3903 viewsReusersTown

Lol, you really think he's going to replace Morsy? Take a moment to yourself and have a breather.
Various rumours that…. on 11:47 - Jan 5 with 3765 viewsMookamoo

He'll start 2 out of every 3 games for a bit, either to cover Morsy while he is banned, or instead of Luongo.

Not sure where that leaves Taylor. Maybe we will see more of him replacing Chaplin in the last 20 mins.
Great article, mirrors frustrations on Blackburn message boards.. BUT on 11:50 - Jan 5 with 3696 viewsunstableblue

This doesn’t sound like a player who’s agreed to come in as a back-up for Morsy in 2 key games

He’ll be coming to start and with some guarantees of game time

He’s a club captain, so big character to enter the dressing room. Maybe wanting to be part of a promotion push was his driver.

Perhaps Morsy will go further forward where he is very effective and Travis will play deep. Or he’ll be playing at left back.

It’s a good move but McKenna will have to use his skills to keep the dressing room firing and harmonious.

Does signal an end for Dom Ball, albeit he’ll no doubt start at Wimbledon tomorrow in the Morsy role.

Injuries are beginning to emerge so squad depth is critical now. Travis seems to be a player with flexibility. But defensive midfield enforcer is his preferred - Sounds like he was being as a number 8 by Tomassson, whereas Mowbray got the best out of him in the Morsy role.

One things for sure we’ll be a much stronger team now for the Sunderland and Leicester games.

In McKenna we trust.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Various rumours that…. on 11:53 - Jan 5 with 3617 views_clive_baker_

Various rumours that…. on 11:41 - Jan 5 by ReusersTown

Lol, you really think he's going to replace Morsy? Take a moment to yourself and have a breather.

I don't see any reason why he couldn't start with Morsy. I don't think it's as binary as Morsy or Travis with Luongo or Taylor. Travis is quite versatile, has spent most of his Blackburn career as a defensive midfielder, but more recently has played in a more attacking remit and can even cover at fullback. Travis and Morsy could yin yang well together in the middle, as Morsy and Luongo have done. Ultimately it's about depth, versatility and options. I don't think we truly see Ball as an option at all currently, hence he's barely played. On the face of it I think it's a good upgrade, brings his leadership and combativeness as well.
Various rumours that…. on 11:59 - Jan 5 with 3508 viewsbilllm

I think in a way it's a semi good signing for Taylor who I like,
May restrict his starts but give him more flexibility from the bench he doesn't look comfortable in a deep midfield defensive duty role,
He's a forward thinking midfielder point of a diamond midfielder,
Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 12:01 - Jan 5 with 3442 viewsArnieM

He’ll love it here….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Great article, mirrors frustrations on Blackburn message boards.. BUT on 12:03 - Jan 5 with 3400 viewsPhilTWTD

Great article, mirrors frustrations on Blackburn message boards.. BUT on 11:50 - Jan 5 by unstableblue

This doesn’t sound like a player who’s agreed to come in as a back-up for Morsy in 2 key games

He’ll be coming to start and with some guarantees of game time

He’s a club captain, so big character to enter the dressing room. Maybe wanting to be part of a promotion push was his driver.

Perhaps Morsy will go further forward where he is very effective and Travis will play deep. Or he’ll be playing at left back.

It’s a good move but McKenna will have to use his skills to keep the dressing room firing and harmonious.

Does signal an end for Dom Ball, albeit he’ll no doubt start at Wimbledon tomorrow in the Morsy role.

Injuries are beginning to emerge so squad depth is critical now. Travis seems to be a player with flexibility. But defensive midfield enforcer is his preferred - Sounds like he was being as a number 8 by Tomassson, whereas Mowbray got the best out of him in the Morsy role.

One things for sure we’ll be a much stronger team now for the Sunderland and Leicester games.

In McKenna we trust.

From what I gather, he's coming here despite having more guarantees of playing time from the other interested clubs.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Travis has reluctantly accepted a move… on 12:05 - Jan 5 with 3319 viewsLowerNorth

Great signing, provides us different options, cover and rotation. He could indeed also play alongside Morsy, giving Morsy license to push forward more, as he is also great going at going forward and breaking through lines but is sometimes restricted due to his holding role.
[Post edited 5 Jan 13:25]
Great article, mirrors frustrations on Blackburn message boards.. BUT on 12:12 - Jan 5 with 3213 viewsCaptainAhab

Great article, mirrors frustrations on Blackburn message boards.. BUT on 12:03 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather, he's coming here despite having more guarantees of playing time from the other interested clubs.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Likely to be an option to buy included do you think?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024