Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously 18:26 - Jan 13 with 16014 viewsunstableblue

This is a town team that is missing its captain, it’s main central mid forward, it’s best forward. Playing against a very strong team. And we’ve clawed it back to 1-1.

And YET TO STILL DON’T SING?!

The lads need the support.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:29 - Jan 13 with 8006 viewsgainsboroughblue

Kicking that way second half may lift them but yeah, the noise has noticeably dropped off recently.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:33 - Jan 13 with 7925 viewsSitfcB

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:29 - Jan 13 by gainsboroughblue

Kicking that way second half may lift them but yeah, the noise has noticeably dropped off recently.

Afraid crowd stated turning up expecting us to win.

Still overachieving.

Crowd should be on it whatever.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:34 - Jan 13 with 7883 viewsNeedhamChris

If we could channel half the effort you exert on whinging and whining about our own fans, then we'd like the yellow wall in Dortmund.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:34 - Jan 13 with 7873 viewsRozz

Sounds like the "GET IT FORWARD" numpties are back? Audible on the Sky coverage.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:35 - Jan 13 with 7858 viewsgainsboroughblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:33 - Jan 13 by SitfcB

Afraid crowd stated turning up expecting us to win.

Still overachieving.

Crowd should be on it whatever.

Yeah. I posted in another thread earlier that the dynamic has shifted from fans having the time of their lives and enjoying it to suddenly being in the thick of a promotion battle and getting a. entitled and b. nervous.

We are overachieving hugely still. Just enjoy it and raise the fecking roof.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Much better second half!! on 19:50 - Jan 13 with 7678 viewsunstableblue

We played a massive part in that second half

Which was all about commitment and less craft

An incredible result

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:01 - Jan 13 with 7538 viewsPrideOfTheEast

First half atmosphere was dreadful. Would have thought season was over.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:15 - Jan 13 with 7352 viewsunstableblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:34 - Jan 13 by NeedhamChris

If we could channel half the effort you exert on whinging and whining about our own fans, then we'd like the yellow wall in Dortmund.

F@ck off, seriously

If you think that first half fan support was acceptable then you’re part of the problem

Login to get fewer ads

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:25 - Jan 13 with 7228 viewsSparky85

While I agree with your main point that the atmosphere was not great today, why is this all aimed towards lower north??

The whole stadium was quiet today. Fully appreciate what BA do in section A, but the noise doesn’t travel well to section 4 (where I am). By the time a song gets to us it’s stopped. There’s a few lads in my section that get things going but this again I am assuming doesn’t travel well to the other side and section A.

The fundamental issue I think is that most of the stadium doesn’t bother getting involved which makes the general atmosphere quite poor. Having the away fans so far away doesn’t help.

That’s my 2 pence worth anyway

The whole stadium needs to get behind the team. Not just a few sections
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:28 - Jan 13 with 7182 viewspointofblue

Thought the crowd was awful until the equaliser, then got behind the team. But after what this group has done for the club they deserve more support when things are not going right.

I swear, there was more of an atmosphere when we were going down with a whimper, and the stadium was little more than half full then.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:31 - Jan 13 with 7132 viewsGeoffSentence

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:29 - Jan 13 by gainsboroughblue

The noise has dropped away recently and my theory on this is that the party atmosphere to the beginning of the season has given way to niggly thought that we could actually do it, we could actually get autos. It's ours to throw away now and a bit of anxiety and apprehension has crept in.

Or maybe not. What do I know.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:34 - Jan 13 with 7071 viewsFrimleyBlue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:15 - Jan 13 by unstableblue

F@ck off, seriously

If you think that first half fan support was acceptable then you’re part of the problem

Not sure what you expected sunderland had a wave if attacking moves. One which resulted in a goal. Not surprising there was a bit of a nervy atmosphere.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:35 - Jan 13 with 7052 viewstextbackup

Really was an awful atmosphere wasnt it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:45 - Jan 13 with 6924 viewssw20tractor

The fan base looks nervous to me. At full time they sounded in great voice again.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:49 - Jan 13 with 6859 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The atmosphere sounds atrocious on television and has for while, considering what Ipswich have served up over the last 12 months at PR. Disappointing really.

Clearly the players and manager are nothing as well as they keep asking for it to be lifted.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:51 - Jan 13 with 6815 viewsstrikalite

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:35 - Jan 13 by textbackup

Really was an awful atmosphere wasnt it.

Do you think BA need to come back to lower North mate?

Because all lower North sing is hark now hear ffs
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:54 - Jan 13 with 6773 viewsLevelTheLand

I think that the fact all our home games since Norwich have been cold winters evenings have impacted the atmosphere somewhat. But I also know ,that for me personally, any buzz that I have going into a game is sapped out of me by the people who are on certain players backs from the moment their names are read out on the team sheet. Some of the god awful 'insight' some of us are subjected to is enough to put anyone off!

I should just sing over the top, but it's not always easy. Credit to Blue Action, though. They do a great job.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:54 - Jan 13 with 6765 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:45 - Jan 13 by sw20tractor

The fan base looks nervous to me. At full time they sounded in great voice again.

Full time is not when the players need them.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:58 - Jan 13 with 6697 viewssw20tractor

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:54 - Jan 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Full time is not when the players need them.

Agree. Just trying to figure out what has changed over the last few games.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:27 - Jan 13 with 6552 viewsbob12

BA was dead quiet first half as well.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:44 - Jan 13 with 6384 viewsLankHenners

Like others I thought the atmosphere was poor again for the most part - lots of sighing and moaning every time a cross was cut out, pass not completed, possession lost etc.

Only started to change when we upped the pressure in the 2nd half then was better once we scored but it shouldn't take that for people to start taking the meaning of 'supporters' literally.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:50 - Jan 13 with 6343 viewsTheBoyBlue

People moaned about the way the crowd reacted in the QPR game and rightly so, but you can understand some in the moment frustration to an extent.

Personally it concerns me more the complete apathy that we've had at times this season. This team is playing the best football many in the crowd will have ever seen from an Ipswich team and yet in most of the ground there is absolutely no reaction. Not even applause. And most of the time its only the North Stand lower and Blue Action making any noise.

That said, today the atmosphere was better in the Magnus where I was. Still needs to be better though.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:53 - Jan 13 with 6301 viewsBloomBlue

Talking to some older Sunderland fans in the car park after the game they said they were shocked at the lack of noise coming from the Town fans. They made the point it was more like we're 2nd from bottom not 2nd from top.

They also made the point years ago when they visited PR the noise was always loud from Town fans, not today.

They were also very complimentary about us and said they would love to see us finish in the top 2
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:57 - Jan 13 with 6248 viewslazyblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:25 - Jan 13 by Sparky85

While I agree with your main point that the atmosphere was not great today, why is this all aimed towards lower north??

The whole stadium was quiet today. Fully appreciate what BA do in section A, but the noise doesn’t travel well to section 4 (where I am). By the time a song gets to us it’s stopped. There’s a few lads in my section that get things going but this again I am assuming doesn’t travel well to the other side and section A.

The fundamental issue I think is that most of the stadium doesn’t bother getting involved which makes the general atmosphere quite poor. Having the away fans so far away doesn’t help.

That’s my 2 pence worth anyway

The whole stadium needs to get behind the team. Not just a few sections

It has nothing to do with where away fans sit, if that’s the case move your arse to where we sit in SAR then.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:04 - Jan 13 with 6174 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:53 - Jan 13 by BloomBlue

Talking to some older Sunderland fans in the car park after the game they said they were shocked at the lack of noise coming from the Town fans. They made the point it was more like we're 2nd from bottom not 2nd from top.

They also made the point years ago when they visited PR the noise was always loud from Town fans, not today.

They were also very complimentary about us and said they would love to see us finish in the top 2

I hate to criticize from across the ocean when get to one game a year but it does sound really poor. Can literally hear individual comments on the ESPN feed. They had to apologize for language picked up a few times.

Just a few distant predictable songs you can hear in the background and it sounds like just 5% of the stadium are making any effort at all?

I don’t buy the acoustics or it’s a bit cold argument either. I’ve heard that place rocking since the stands got done but it was about twenty years ago.

This meant to sound ageist at all but maybe the modern younger 20s something are a bit different from those that used to go back in the day and our older support aren’t as lively as they used to be?

Was it better last season? If so that makes little sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024