Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six to go up??? 10:27 - Jan 16 with 3473 viewsford6600

IF due to FFP rules/ punishment, Man City, Everton and Nottingham Forest are relegated to the Championship at the end of this season as well as the three bottom teams; then top five in Championship get promoted and clubs 6th to 9th are in play offs for final promotion place! Wishful thinking or a possibility?!
Six to go up??? on 10:35 - Jan 16 with 3199 viewsdirtyboy

Wishful.

The rules would already have to be in place to facilitate and if they aren't, then it won't happen. Points deductions only real punishment they can dish out, although expulsion is possible, with a club like Everton and how it's of cultural importance to the area, it'd never happen.

3 up, 3 down.
Six to go up??? on 10:36 - Jan 16 with 3191 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Wishful thinking.

There is no chance of that happening.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Six to go up??? on 10:39 - Jan 16 with 3130 viewsGlasgowBlue

Six to go up??? on 10:35 - Jan 16 by dirtyboy

Wishful.

The rules would already have to be in place to facilitate and if they aren't, then it won't happen. Points deductions only real punishment they can dish out, although expulsion is possible, with a club like Everton and how it's of cultural importance to the area, it'd never happen.

3 up, 3 down.

It happened to Rangers and they have a far more significant cultural importance to half of Glasgow.

I agree though. Wishful thinking. Plus I'd rather go up n merit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Six to go up??? on 10:43 - Jan 16 with 3065 viewsSomethingBlue

Can't happen and if it could I'd hate it, would potentially deny us a massive moment.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Six to go up??? on 10:44 - Jan 16 with 3049 viewsAlberto_the_frog

They tend to save clubs from relegation rather than promote extras
Six to go up??? on 10:49 - Jan 16 with 2961 views_clive_baker_

No chance, it'll still be 3 down it might just be that points deductions sends some into that bottom 3 when they might not have done otherwise.

I know what'll happen, they PL will wait until the end of the season and make sure the punishments don't materially impact the outcome of the league table. Watch Forest finish 8 points above relegation and get a 7 point deduction.
Six to go up??? on 10:49 - Jan 16 with 2948 viewsHelp

Can you imagine how many years the court case for that would last
Six to go up??? on 10:51 - Jan 16 with 2925 viewsbluestandard

Am I missing something, or wouldn't the 3 bottom teams retain their places as they only finished in the bottom 3 due to the cheating clubs, well.......cheating.
Login to get fewer ads

Six to go up??? on 11:03 - Jan 16 with 2787 viewsbluelagos

No one is getting relegated because of breaking any rules. Points deductions are possible/probable but that's yer lot.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Six to go up??? on 11:05 - Jan 16 with 2769 viewsford6600

Six to go up??? on 10:51 - Jan 16 by bluestandard

Am I missing something, or wouldn't the 3 bottom teams retain their places as they only finished in the bottom 3 due to the cheating clubs, well.......cheating.

But if the cheating clubs were cheating last season they should have gone down then and not Leic,Soton,Leeds..
so if those three come back up(as currently in top 5)as looks likely, plus 3 others on merit to restore fairness. It would certainly freshen up the PL and Championship. Imagine MC storming through Championship and Everton finally playing outside the top division....and Town in PL.
Six to go up??? on 11:32 - Jan 16 with 2550 viewstonybied

Six to go up??? on 10:39 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

It happened to Rangers and they have a far more significant cultural importance to half of Glasgow.

I thought it happened to Rangers because they were liquidated and were essentially a new club so had to start again from the bottom?
Six to go up??? on 11:40 - Jan 16 with 2483 viewsMattinLondon

Weren’t Rangers liquidated? Think they were in a much bigger mess than what City, Everton and Forest currently are in.

Saying that I do find it odd that clubs are permitted to lose tens of millions of pounds per season.

Edit. Tony made the same point as me - didn’t see their post prior to my comment.
[Post edited 16 Jan 11:41]
Six to go up??? on 11:45 - Jan 16 with 2421 viewsbournemouthblue

Six to go up??? on 10:35 - Jan 16 by dirtyboy

Wishful.

3 up, 3 down.

I think points deductions are the right punishment, what they need to look at is rolling points deductions in my opinion

If City get a 500 point deduction for example, that carries into the following season in the division below and continues that way

So not only would they drop down to Conference Level, it would take them double the time to get back up, than simply being dropped down to the Conference and are promoted season on season.

I guarantee a punishment of that severity will make other clubs think twice when it comes to financial doping
[Post edited 16 Jan 12:16]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Six to go up??? on 11:46 - Jan 16 with 2411 viewsMattinLondon

Six to go up??? on 11:05 - Jan 16 by ford6600

But if the cheating clubs were cheating last season they should have gone down then and not Leic,Soton,Leeds..
so if those three come back up(as currently in top 5)as looks likely, plus 3 others on merit to restore fairness. It would certainly freshen up the PL and Championship. Imagine MC storming through Championship and Everton finally playing outside the top division....and Town in PL.

If the FA were to try and impose relegation upon a club - especially a big club - then the court case will drag on for ages. It will be quite undignified and bogged down in detail. The only way that there will be a quick fix for all of this will be if Man City etc were to admit guilt or for the football authorities to totally climb down.
Six to go up??? on 11:48 - Jan 16 with 2390 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Rangers are considered enemies of the state up there being a Anglophile, pro Union hold out, so of course the Scots FA were going to send them back to the stone age as they are utterly despised in Scotland bar their own support.

Manc City are keeping the EPL in business worldwide, the Premier League needs them and the money, and its all part of the wider plan to sink all the non super clubs to create the new elite in England and Europe, neither Everton or Forest are part of those plans.
Six to go up??? on 11:50 - Jan 16 with 2362 viewsMattinLondon

Six to go up??? on 11:45 - Jan 16 by bournemouthblue

I think points deductions are the right punishment, what they need to look at is rolling points deductions in my opinion

If City get a 500 point deduction for example, that carries into the following season in the division below and continues that way

So not only would they drop down to Conference Level, it would take them double the time to get back up, than simply being dropped down to the Conference and are promoted season on season.

I guarantee a punishment of that severity will make other clubs think twice when it comes to financial doping
[Post edited 16 Jan 12:16]

Or they will simply try and get round the rules in a different way. I expect a lot of top law firms are keeping an eye on what’s happening and putting together a plan on how to approach clubs.

The only people to benefit from this will be them and the news sites that’ll report on this.
Six to go up??? on 11:56 - Jan 16 with 2295 viewsbluelagos

Six to go up??? on 11:48 - Jan 16 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Rangers are considered enemies of the state up there being a Anglophile, pro Union hold out, so of course the Scots FA were going to send them back to the stone age as they are utterly despised in Scotland bar their own support.

Manc City are keeping the EPL in business worldwide, the Premier League needs them and the money, and its all part of the wider plan to sink all the non super clubs to create the new elite in England and Europe, neither Everton or Forest are part of those plans.

"Manc City are keeping the EPL in business worldwide, the Premier League needs them"

Nah, dump Man City and the Premier league still flourishes, plenty of top sides providing top footie for the TV (Liverpool, Arsenal, Spuds)

What they are - is a sports washing operation (like Newcastle) that provides wealthy oil rich Arabs the opportunity to present themselves as some sort of wealthy benefactors. Great for their egos - not so good for other clubs or fans who value sporting integrity.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Six to go up??? on 12:19 - Jan 16 with 2096 viewsbournemouthblue

Six to go up??? on 11:50 - Jan 16 by MattinLondon

Or they will simply try and get round the rules in a different way. I expect a lot of top law firms are keeping an eye on what’s happening and putting together a plan on how to approach clubs.

The only people to benefit from this will be them and the news sites that’ll report on this.

The big clubs will always look to find every loop hole to navigate their way around the rules

I think people need to stay patient with this, I think it's almost innevitable that City will face a punishment, the question really boils down to the severity of that punishment and whether it is considered just in relation to Everton and possibly Forest's punishments.

I don't think Chelsea are out of the woods either.

Six to go up??? on 12:33 - Jan 16 with 1962 viewsMattinLondon

Six to go up??? on 11:56 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

"Manc City are keeping the EPL in business worldwide, the Premier League needs them"

Nah, dump Man City and the Premier league still flourishes, plenty of top sides providing top footie for the TV (Liverpool, Arsenal, Spuds)

What they are - is a sports washing operation (like Newcastle) that provides wealthy oil rich Arabs the opportunity to present themselves as some sort of wealthy benefactors. Great for their egos - not so good for other clubs or fans who value sporting integrity.

Sporting integrity! When was that last a thing? Even in the days before Sky Sports and before money poured into the game the top clubs were all probably offering bribes in paper bags to players to join their clubs. Or to managers to allow their players to leave.
Six to go up??? on 12:44 - Jan 16 with 1863 viewsglasso

Six to go up??? on 11:05 - Jan 16 by ford6600

"restore fairness"

LOL.

This is the Premier League and FA we're talking about. Restoring money is more important than restoring fairness, and replacing Manchester City with Ipswich Town is not part of that plan.
Six to go up??? on 12:47 - Jan 16 with 1843 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Six to go up??? on 11:48 - Jan 16 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

It's a bit more complicated than that. Celtic fans point to the connections between the legal establishment, HMRC and Unionism, with plenty of allegations about Lodges thrown in.

There is a feeling amongst many from the Green and White half of the divide that Rangers got away with it for years and got off lightly, having been allowed to keep the Honours from the historical Rangers associated with, what they see as, a completely new club.

They love a moan though!

Edit to say: love how you are sectarianismsplaining to literal GlasgowBlue though. I've got a feeling he might have a handle on some of the nuances.
[Post edited 16 Jan 13:13]
Six to go up??? on 13:31 - Jan 16 with 1583 viewsford6600

Six to go up??? on 12:44 - Jan 16 by glasso

"restore fairness"

LOL.

This is the Premier League and FA we're talking about. Restoring money is more important than restoring fairness, and replacing Manchester City with Ipswich Town is not part of that plan.

(Fairness in the eyes of supporters). Not expecting City to be demoted to Div 2 just hefty fine, points deduction and perhaps transfer embargo of some kind. More interestingly if Everton and Forest survive the drop a points deduction for next season would be more helpful for Town, if we go up...
Six to go up??? on 15:12 - Jan 16 with 1333 viewsGlasgowBlue

Six to go up??? on 12:47 - Jan 16 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's a bit more complicated than that. Celtic fans point to the connections between the legal establishment, HMRC and Unionism, with plenty of allegations about Lodges thrown in.

There is a feeling amongst many from the Green and White half of the divide that Rangers got away with it for years and got off lightly, having been allowed to keep the Honours from the historical Rangers associated with, what they see as, a completely new club.

They love a moan though!

Edit to say: love how you are sectarianismsplaining to literal GlasgowBlue though. I've got a feeling he might have a handle on some of the nuances.
[Post edited 16 Jan 13:13]

Speaking of living up here, I know that you are Edinburgh based. If you get the chance to see Ralph Fiennes and Indira Varma in Macbeth at the Royal Highland Centre.

We were there last night and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Six to go up??? on 18:56 - Jan 16 with 1089 viewsbournemouthblue

Six to go up??? on 11:56 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

I'm very much of the opinion that if you remove Man City, someone else simply fills the void and becomes the dominant party

Much like when you remove one drug line from the system, another one simply emerges and replaces it

The market will look after itself, the Premier League is bigger than one club and always will be

Six to go up??? on 19:25 - Jan 16 with 1006 viewsgosblue

I wish too.
Unfortunately, points deduction could be suspended or delayed to next season depending upon severity of offences and appeals. More likely applied this season and if you go down you go down. Some clubs have been getting away with it for years. The biggest offenders are players demanding massive wages that are not performance related and entitled supporters who think their team should be successful and call for the owners to leave the club because they won’t gamble with money they don’t have or are not allowed in spend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024