Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... 17:26 - Jan 17 with 11857 viewsbluesym

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:45 - Jan 17 with 1250 viewsParky

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:36 - Jan 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

On what basis??

On the basis that weā€™ve clearly wanted another striker since the summer, I might be wrong and in the end, my opinion means nothing, but I struggle to believe in all that time and planning, weā€™ve been hoping for Kieffer Moore, or even Sam Gallagher for that matter.

Fully understand we have FFP restrictions, but we might not be in a position we are now, for a long time.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:46 - Jan 17 with 1244 viewsChorleyBoy

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:36 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

Come off it. We pursued Hirst for the best part of 12-18 months because McKenna felt he was the perfect player for the centre forwards role.

You don't think his market value had anything to do with it? Or the fact that he wasn't having much joy at Leicester?

Were we playing exactly the same system before Hirst arrived? Was Freddy playing the "Hirst role" before Hirst arrived? Of course not.

Kieran knows but it seems Kieran_Knows doesn't know.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:46 - Jan 17 with 1242 viewsMK1

Yes please. Would be absolutely perfect for us right now. Another one just in case he gets injured would be even better. Please make this happen.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:48 - Jan 17 with 1234 viewsChorleyBoy

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:40 - Jan 17 by ReusersTown

There is a huge difference between forcing players into a system and buying players specifically because they fit that system.

Agree.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:50 - Jan 17 with 1206 viewsHerbivore

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:45 - Jan 17 by Parky

On the basis that weā€™ve clearly wanted another striker since the summer, I might be wrong and in the end, my opinion means nothing, but I struggle to believe in all that time and planning, weā€™ve been hoping for Kieffer Moore, or even Sam Gallagher for that matter.

Fully understand we have FFP restrictions, but we might not be in a position we are now, for a long time.

We can only sign players who are available and within budget. Who do you think we should be going for, out of interest?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:51 - Jan 17 with 1202 viewsyorkshireblue

Would any loan move for him - to us or otherwise - be contingent on them getting someone else in?
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:51 - Jan 17 with 1202 viewsKieran_Knows

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:46 - Jan 17 by ChorleyBoy

You don't think his market value had anything to do with it? Or the fact that he wasn't having much joy at Leicester?

Were we playing exactly the same system before Hirst arrived? Was Freddy playing the "Hirst role" before Hirst arrived? Of course not.

Kieran knows but it seems Kieran_Knows doesn't know.

Had anything to do with what? We wanted him the summer he signed a new deal at Leicester. Iā€™ve since heard we had subsequently agreed a loan deal with Leicester that summer also, only for them to send him to Blackburn instead.

So itā€™s just luck that he stumbled across Hirst as the perfect player for that role is it? Youā€™ve kind of just backed up my point.

Poll: Weā€™ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the backā€¦

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:55 - Jan 17 with 1170 viewsReusersTown

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:43 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Moore can also link play up and run in behind though. It's some of the other stuff I'm less sure of but I am starting to warm to him as an option.

I think he'd be an OK option but far from perfect, but that might not exist tbf. I can't say I've ever seen him be a threat in behind though.
Login to get fewer ads

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:56 - Jan 17 with 1164 viewsParky

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:50 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

We can only sign players who are available and within budget. Who do you think we should be going for, out of interest?

Iā€™m not paid a lot of money from the club to scout and recommend players though, we have people who are though.

FWIW, Iā€™d personally be knocking on the door of Thomas-Asante at West Brom, theyā€™re in a bit of financial trouble.

Like I said in my original post, my opinion doesnā€™t mean anything, whoever we sign, Iā€™ll get behind and hope they get us up. Just initial thoughts are that weā€™re struggling to get our targets over the line.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:57 - Jan 17 with 1152 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:45 - Jan 17 by Parky

He's a Premier League and international striker, in the mold of what we need.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:59 - Jan 17 with 1140 viewsChorleyBoy

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:51 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

Had anything to do with what? We wanted him the summer he signed a new deal at Leicester. Iā€™ve since heard we had subsequently agreed a loan deal with Leicester that summer also, only for them to send him to Blackburn instead.

So itā€™s just luck that he stumbled across Hirst as the perfect player for that role is it? Youā€™ve kind of just backed up my point.

I think we're arguing different points here. I'm not saying KMcK didn't have a certain style of play in mind before we acquired Hirst, he clearly did. My point is that KMcK wasn't playing a striker in the "Hirst role" before GH arrived and I doubt he'll expect anyone playing upfront at the moment to play "the Hirst role" in GH's absence. I actually think KMcK is a bit brighter and more versatile than that.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:01 - Jan 17 with 1111 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:04 - Jan 17 by PhilTWTD

Think there is something in this.

I would be delighted with this.

In time for Mondays match??

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:01 - Jan 17 with 1116 viewsheavyweight

Wasn't there a poster on here who thought Keiffer was abosolutly the dogs whatsit when he was with us the first time?
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:02 - Jan 17 with 1101 viewsParky

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:57 - Jan 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's a Premier League and international striker, in the mold of what we need.

Each to their own.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:02 - Jan 17 with 1105 viewshomer_123

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:56 - Jan 17 by Parky

Iā€™m not paid a lot of money from the club to scout and recommend players though, we have people who are though.

FWIW, Iā€™d personally be knocking on the door of Thomas-Asante at West Brom, theyā€™re in a bit of financial trouble.

Like I said in my original post, my opinion doesnā€™t mean anything, whoever we sign, Iā€™ll get behind and hope they get us up. Just initial thoughts are that weā€™re struggling to get our targets over the line.

Again, 'struggling'. There are different ways to view it.

Would you expect 'any' Club to breeze through an sign every player at the top of the list in every position?

How many strikers, in the Champ, have been sold or signed for far this window. Jan is a mare of a time to do business. I have zero issue with KM and Ashton working the way they do, it's served us rather well so far.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:06 - Jan 17 with 1075 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:46 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

Pretty sure Cardiff were said to be Moore's preferred choice (for fairly obvious reasons) if they could get a deal done - would think he'd hold out for them until such a point they can't make the finances work.

....they are rubbish though?

Hopefully that will come into his thinking.

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:07 - Jan 17 with 1068 viewsReusersTown

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:35 - Jan 17 by textbackup

Iā€™m not arguing anything.

Why wonā€™t Moore be able to press?

Well the implication you seem to be making is that Moore is a better finisher than Hirst so we will be better off.

For a start his career to date and his age. Not that he won't be able to press, but not to the point that we require to maintain our level of effectiveness with Hirst.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:07 - Jan 17 with 1067 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:38 - Jan 17 by ReusersTown

He doesn't play very often for Bournemouth though.

11 times this season. 29 last season.

That's not bad.

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:07 - Jan 17 with 1066 viewsParky

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:02 - Jan 17 by homer_123

Again, 'struggling'. There are different ways to view it.

Would you expect 'any' Club to breeze through an sign every player at the top of the list in every position?

How many strikers, in the Champ, have been sold or signed for far this window. Jan is a mare of a time to do business. I have zero issue with KM and Ashton working the way they do, it's served us rather well so far.

The term struggling also stems from the summer though. We evidentally missed out on a number of targets: Simms, Trusty, McNally, Downes to name a few, weā€™re clearly struggling with Stansfield and Gallagher.

Like I say, just my opinion, which means nothing and I hope to be proven wrong and eat humble pie when we get promoted.
[Post edited 17 Jan 19:08]
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:09 - Jan 17 with 1040 viewschicoazul

Lots of egg on TWTD faces if true. He canā€™t play our way, etc

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:10 - Jan 17 with 1045 viewshomer_123

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:40 - Jan 17 by textbackup

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m just batsht crazy saying this, but Iā€™ve read a few ā€˜he doesnā€™t suit our styleā€™ postsā€¦

But, we have Leif Davis chucking balls in from the left, Burns on the rightā€¦ and Moore is 19 feet tallā€¦ whatā€™s not to like about this?!

I've posted before about this.

Scoring goals is obviously needed from your striker(s) (be it a two or a one up top). However, if we look at the way we approach games with Hirst leading the line. What he does sets the tempo and triggers what others do.

If you spent some time just watching him and what he does - namely out of possession and off the ball, it's quite something and I've no doubt this is part of the reason for the success we are having/ have had. It's clear not solely down to him as we were effective before he joined.

If we take Jackson's performance in isolation last time out - even those who don't have time for Jackson noted he was much more 'Hirst' like in his performance.

Do I think Moore is capable of the Hirst role, no I honestly don't think he is. Can he do some or a large part of it? Yes - because the one thing I don't see us doing is slinging the ball long all the time or just pinging balls in the box - he's at Bournemouth and they generally play good football on the deck.

I think he can finish well and he's got good feet (forget the Norwich game), so there are elements that will work.

I do think we'll need to tweak a little bit to get the best from him and also to make things work with what KM wants from us.

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:14 - Jan 17 with 980 viewshomer_123

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:07 - Jan 17 by Parky

The term struggling also stems from the summer though. We evidentally missed out on a number of targets: Simms, Trusty, McNally, Downes to name a few, weā€™re clearly struggling with Stansfield and Gallagher.

Like I say, just my opinion, which means nothing and I hope to be proven wrong and eat humble pie when we get promoted.
[Post edited 17 Jan 19:08]

Again, depends on how you view that.

We have a number of targets for each position. And then we have a budget.

Take Simms, the outlay for hi was way above that of Hirst. Was Simms above Hirst in the list? Clearly not at that price.

All Clubs miss out on players - what evidence is there to say that our summer signings have cost us? Given we are 2nd in the league?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:17 - Jan 17 with 945 viewsReusersTown

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:07 - Jan 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

11 times this season. 29 last season.

That's not bad.

236 cumulative minutes over 11 games, 7 in Prem. A bit better last year but not enough to say he's a regular minutes wise.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:18 - Jan 17 with 930 viewsElderGrizzly

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:43 - Jan 17 by iamipswich

I think it's the off the ball element of the game that people have concerns about. On it, I agree with you I think his strengths play into our hands.

Is he mobile enough to press tirelessly even for an hour and really put the pressure on the defenders from the front? I don't know. I won't pretend to have watched much of him.

Is this maybe where Travis playing with Morsy comes in as it gives more solidity while the three behind Moore would have to do more pressing?
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:18 - Jan 17 with 924 viewscressi

Don't think this happening hears Cardiff have offered 1.5 million Bournemouth want 2 million on a permanent deal and Cardiff is Moores preferred destination.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024