Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... 17:26 - Jan 17 with 11855 viewsbluesym

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Told ya. (n/t) on 18:22 - Jan 17 with 1016 viewsitfcjoe

Told ya. (n/t) on 18:19 - Jan 17 by Wacko

Didn't the exact same thing happen with Taylor and we started to "look elsewhere"? Can't remember the midfielder we were linked with

Jason Knight, and apparently Bristol City were moving on from Knight to Taylor at the same timeā€¦.then both deals got done!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:24 - Jan 17 with 977 viewsBobbychase

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:06 - Jan 17 by cbower

I like Hirst. I love his workrate, his physicality and his team first mentality.
Moore doesnā€™t have the same workrate for sure, indeed very few do. The one thing Moore does better than Hirst, however, is put the ball in the back of the onion bag. In a 19 game shoot out, that could count for quite alot couldn't it? Those referring to his time here previously need to catch themselves on. Yes, in the few cameo appearances he made for us he was miles out of his depth but he has proven he can score goals at Championship level with regularity and has scored a few in the Premier League and for Wales too. I'd love to see him score some for us in the next few months and fire us up, some nice story of perseverance and personal redemption that would be.

Moore probably a better finisher than Hirst and has shown, at the very top level, he knows exactly where to be in the box when his side are attacking. He's maybe been pigeonholed as someone who is just good in the air because he scores a lot of headers, but he gets just as many with his feet

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:26 - Jan 17 with 958 viewsGeoffSentence

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:47 - Jan 17 by portmanking

The problem is we don't 'chuck balls in'. We cut them back low across the ground. I have my reservations, but I'd be prepared to give the benefit of the doubt. He'd obviously have Broady and Burns to bounce off, off the pitch.

We mix it up, and the number of low cutbacks has decreased this season

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:27 - Jan 17 with 952 viewsReusersTown

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:58 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Whenever I've seen him recently, the guy is an athlete. I don't doubt he's fit, it's whether he can do the pressing job we require at times. That said, Jackson can do that role when it's really needed and there might be other games where it's less integral to our play to have the striker running a nut off.

It's not simply running a nut off though, Hirst offers a good amount of everything including running in behind and link up play, both of which are integral to our overall game as thry allow us to transition up the pitch.
Told ya. (n/t) on 18:28 - Jan 17 with 956 viewsPhilTWTD

Told ya. (n/t) on 18:18 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

That makes sense. Although Blackburn are set to lose another striker, so not sure if that will help our pursuit of Gallagher.

That perhaps could be why they seem to have U-turned having initially appeared willing to do the deal.
Told ya. (n/t) on 18:28 - Jan 17 with 942 viewscbower

Didn't the exact same thing happen with Taylor and we started to "look elsewhere"? Can't remember the midfielder we were linked with

Jason Knight?

bluescouser

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:29 - Jan 17 with 938 viewstractorboy1978

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:44 - Jan 17 by _clive_baker_

Because too many people are utterly obsessed with the notion that we need to unearth Hirst's long lost twin or we'll be incapable of winning football matches over the next 3 months.

Is he a like for like replacement with the movement of Hirst? No. Is he an immobile donkey incapable of adding value to our side? Also no.

He's a handful, he's proven at this level and he will know Burns & Broadhead from Wales duty. He's perhaps not a long term solution but I would have him on loan in a heartbeat.

He's a player with more pedigree than Gallagher if not quite the same 'fit' for the way we play. I think I am in the camp now of we just need to sign the best player we possibly can to get us through the next 19 games. Moore has a lot of attributes to like and you wouldn't bet against him being able to find 10 goals for us in the remainder of this season.

Edit - and we obviously ideally want two signings up front too.
[Post edited 17 Jan 18:30]
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:31 - Jan 17 with 896 viewsBiGDonnie

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:40 - Jan 17 by textbackup

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m just batsht crazy saying this, but Iā€™ve read a few ā€˜he doesnā€™t suit our styleā€™ postsā€¦

But, we have Leif Davis chucking balls in from the left, Burns on the rightā€¦ and Moore is 19 feet tallā€¦ whatā€™s not to like about this?!

Yup this. Heā€™ll do well for us I think.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:31 - Jan 17 with 897 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:40 - Jan 17 by textbackup

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m just batsht crazy saying this, but Iā€™ve read a few ā€˜he doesnā€™t suit our styleā€™ postsā€¦

But, we have Leif Davis chucking balls in from the left, Burns on the rightā€¦ and Moore is 19 feet tallā€¦ whatā€™s not to like about this?!

Also he plays for Bournemouth, who are not exactly long ball.

He would work well in our system.

I thing he would be an excellent signing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:31 - Jan 17 with 894 viewsReusersTown

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:15 - Jan 17 by textbackup

Ffs, so Iā€™m batsht crazy then

Lol, I'm afraid I've diagnosed you as so. I would however take a combination of Stansfield and Moore! That sounds like good business to me. Especially if Moore is on loan.
[Post edited 17 Jan 18:38]
Moore on loan would be perfect on 18:32 - Jan 17 with 891 viewsunstableblue

He's a very tidy player, who knows where the goal is, and I think would suit the Hirst role.

Would be prefer us over Sunderland - a point to prove at Portman Road perhaps.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:34 - Jan 17 with 875 viewsChorleyBoy

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:44 - Jan 17 by _clive_baker_

Because too many people are utterly obsessed with the notion that we need to unearth Hirst's long lost twin or we'll be incapable of winning football matches over the next 3 months.

Is he a like for like replacement with the movement of Hirst? No. Is he an immobile donkey incapable of adding value to our side? Also no.

He's a handful, he's proven at this level and he will know Burns & Broadhead from Wales duty. He's perhaps not a long term solution but I would have him on loan in a heartbeat.

Spot on.

I hate all this "Morsy role", "Hirst role", "Hladky role" nonsense.

It's time some of our fans realised the reason why KMcK gets the best out of his players is because he finds a way to play to their strengths rather than forcing a system on them.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:34 - Jan 17 with 867 viewsParky

Christ, we are desperate.
Was it Jason Knight? (n/t) on 18:35 - Jan 17 with 857 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:35 - Jan 17 with 857 viewstextbackup

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:20 - Jan 17 by ReusersTown

If anything that just gives creedance against your whole argument and shows how important Hirst's pressing game is to our success. Which Moore will not be able to provide

Iā€™m not arguing anything.

Why wonā€™t Moore be able to press?

Weā€™ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Moore on loan would be perfect on 18:36 - Jan 17 with 861 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Moore on loan would be perfect on 18:32 - Jan 17 by unstableblue

He's a very tidy player, who knows where the goal is, and I think would suit the Hirst role.

Would be prefer us over Sunderland - a point to prove at Portman Road perhaps.

I agree.

I dont understand why people say he wouldnt suit our style. Hes been playing in the Prem for Bournemouth.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:36 - Jan 17 with 854 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:34 - Jan 17 by Parky

Christ, we are desperate.

On what basis??

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:36 - Jan 17 with 851 viewsKieran_Knows

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:34 - Jan 17 by ChorleyBoy

Spot on.

It's time some of our fans realised the reason why KMcK gets the best out of his players is because he finds a way to play to their strengths rather than forcing a system on them.

Come off it. We pursued Hirst for the best part of 12-18 months because McKenna felt he was the perfect player for the centre forwards role.

Poll: Weā€™ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the backā€¦

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:38 - Jan 17 with 826 viewsReusersTown

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:31 - Jan 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Also he plays for Bournemouth, who are not exactly long ball.

He would work well in our system.

I thing he would be an excellent signing.

He doesn't play very often for Bournemouth though.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:40 - Jan 17 with 813 viewsReusersTown

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:34 - Jan 17 by ChorleyBoy

Spot on.

There is a huge difference between forcing players into a system and buying players specifically because they fit that system.
Told ya. (n/t) on 18:40 - Jan 17 with 819 viewsParky

Told ya. (n/t) on 18:13 - Jan 17 by PhilTWTD

Reading between the lines, I think we've halted - or tactically halted - our interest in Gallagher due to Blackburn deciding to keep him - at least until they've got an alternative - and have turned to Kieffer. Not many options out there, so always a matter of time if we hadn't signed someone else.

Do you think weā€™re still holding out for Stansfield as well? I had been told we were trying hard for a permanent, but Fulham werenā€™t budging.
Told ya. (n/t) on 18:42 - Jan 17 with 789 viewsSitfcB

Ah think I remember that being Jason Knight.

COYB
Poll: What will todayā€™s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Was it Jason Knight? (n/t) on 18:42 - Jan 17 with 788 viewsWacko

Was it Jason Knight? (n/t) on 18:35 - Jan 17 by Bloots

Doubt it

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:43 - Jan 17 with 783 viewsHerbivore

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:27 - Jan 17 by ReusersTown

It's not simply running a nut off though, Hirst offers a good amount of everything including running in behind and link up play, both of which are integral to our overall game as thry allow us to transition up the pitch.

Moore can also link play up and run in behind though. It's some of the other stuff I'm less sure of but I am starting to warm to him as an option.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:44 - Jan 17 with 780 viewspointofblue

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:46 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

Pretty sure Cardiff were said to be Moore's preferred choice (for fairly obvious reasons) if they could get a deal done - would think he'd hold out for them until such a point they can't make the finances work.

Wouldn't be surprised, considering his history with them and us. It's easy to say if he doesn't want to come here then move on, but to who?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024