Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... 17:26 - Jan 17 with 11856 viewsbluesym

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:21 - Jan 17 with 2766 viewscatch74

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:41 - Jan 17 by SitfcB

Ever since Iā€™ve heard him mentioned Iā€™ve thought it would be fā€™king brilliant and a bloody good story if he were to help us get promoted.

Maybe if you ask nicely.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:21 - Jan 17 with 2763 viewsEireannach_gorm

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:18 - Jan 17 by cressi

Don't think this happening hears Cardiff have offered 1.5 million Bournemouth want 2 million on a permanent deal and Cardiff is Moores preferred destination.

Ah well, It was good while it lasted.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:26 - Jan 17 with 2698 viewsBlueBadger

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:40 - Jan 17 by textbackup

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m just batsht crazy saying this, but Iā€™ve read a few ā€˜he doesnā€™t suit our styleā€™ postsā€¦

But, we have Leif Davis chucking balls in from the left, Burns on the rightā€¦ and Moore is 19 feet tallā€¦ whatā€™s not to like about this?!

Burns just whacks it though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:27 - Jan 17 with 2700 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 18:56 - Jan 17 by Parky

Iā€™m not paid a lot of money from the club to scout and recommend players though, we have people who are though.

FWIW, Iā€™d personally be knocking on the door of Thomas-Asante at West Brom, theyā€™re in a bit of financial trouble.

Like I said in my original post, my opinion doesnā€™t mean anything, whoever we sign, Iā€™ll get behind and hope they get us up. Just initial thoughts are that weā€™re struggling to get our targets over the line.

As good as TA is, not sure what we need right now is someone away at AFCON. And there would be no chance they'd sell him to a championship rival anyway.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:34 - Jan 17 with 2637 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:47 - Jan 17 by Plums

It would result in a number of people having to eat a large slice of humble pie after his initial spell with us so we can't possibly entertain that situation arising.

Really? He was dreadful when with us. That he's improved immeasurably since he left is to his credit, but no-one should be eating humble pie for saying what they saw at the time.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:35 - Jan 17 with 2642 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:18 - Jan 17 by cressi

Don't think this happening hears Cardiff have offered 1.5 million Bournemouth want 2 million on a permanent deal and Cardiff is Moores preferred destination.

I'm not convinced the ties with Cardiff are that strong.

He's not from there (only plays for Wales through his grandparents, who were from North Wales), and has only ever lived in Wales for 18 months while playing for Cardiff in a fairly underwhelming team.

The wise football move would be Ipswich.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:37 - Jan 17 with 2600 viewsParky

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:27 - Jan 17 by JammyDodgerrr

As good as TA is, not sure what we need right now is someone away at AFCON. And there would be no chance they'd sell him to a championship rival anyway.

He isnā€™t going to AFCON, and whilst West Brom wouldnā€™t want to sell him to us, the below link explains why they could be pressured to:

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2024/01/14/west-brom-face-serious-threat-of-brand
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:49 - Jan 17 with 2506 viewstextbackup

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:07 - Jan 17 by ReusersTown

Well the implication you seem to be making is that Moore is a better finisher than Hirst so we will be better off.

For a start his career to date and his age. Not that he won't be able to press, but not to the point that we require to maintain our level of effectiveness with Hirst.

Am I?!

Sorry you see it that way, certainly not the way it was intended

Weā€™ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 20:08 - Jan 17 with 2361 viewstextbackup

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:10 - Jan 17 by homer_123

I've posted before about this.

Scoring goals is obviously needed from your striker(s) (be it a two or a one up top). However, if we look at the way we approach games with Hirst leading the line. What he does sets the tempo and triggers what others do.

If you spent some time just watching him and what he does - namely out of possession and off the ball, it's quite something and I've no doubt this is part of the reason for the success we are having/ have had. It's clear not solely down to him as we were effective before he joined.

If we take Jackson's performance in isolation last time out - even those who don't have time for Jackson noted he was much more 'Hirst' like in his performance.

Do I think Moore is capable of the Hirst role, no I honestly don't think he is. Can he do some or a large part of it? Yes - because the one thing I don't see us doing is slinging the ball long all the time or just pinging balls in the box - he's at Bournemouth and they generally play good football on the deck.

I think he can finish well and he's got good feet (forget the Norwich game), so there are elements that will work.

I do think we'll need to tweak a little bit to get the best from him and also to make things work with what KM wants from us.

Happy days then

Weā€™ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Told ya. (n/t) on 20:16 - Jan 17 with 2330 viewsPhilTWTD

Told ya. (n/t) on 18:40 - Jan 17 by Parky

Do you think weā€™re still holding out for Stansfield as well? I had been told we were trying hard for a permanent, but Fulham werenā€™t budging.

We'll want two strikers. I think the plan with Stansfield had been a loan, that was what I was told when I first heard about it (and Fulham being concerned about how much he plays would suggest a loan is how they envisage it), but assume we'd have scope to buy someone if we get Kieffer in on loan. Not sure what Fulham would want for him if they were prepared to sell him.
Told ya. (n/t) on 20:21 - Jan 17 with 2283 viewsBseaBlue

Told ya. (n/t) on 20:16 - Jan 17 by PhilTWTD

We'll want two strikers. I think the plan with Stansfield had been a loan, that was what I was told when I first heard about it (and Fulham being concerned about how much he plays would suggest a loan is how they envisage it), but assume we'd have scope to buy someone if we get Kieffer in on loan. Not sure what Fulham would want for him if they were prepared to sell him.

Am I right in thinking Gallagher can play in the wide positions as well? Might be a case of Moore coming in on loan and buying Gallagher if Blackburn give in, as another player that has the flexibility to do numerous roles for us.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 20:58 - Jan 17 with 2136 viewsGuthrum

Well, people were saying we needed Moore options for strikers to sign.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Told ya. (n/t) on 21:32 - Jan 17 with 1966 viewsPhilTWTD

Told ya. (n/t) on 20:21 - Jan 17 by BseaBlue

Am I right in thinking Gallagher can play in the wide positions as well? Might be a case of Moore coming in on loan and buying Gallagher if Blackburn give in, as another player that has the flexibility to do numerous roles for us.

I've wondered if we might want them both as well. Think SG has played as well.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 21:47 - Jan 17 with 1871 viewsSwansea_Blue

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:43 - Jan 17 by iamipswich

I think it's the off the ball element of the game that people have concerns about. On it, I agree with you I think his strengths play into our hands.

Is he mobile enough to press tirelessly even for an hour and really put the pressure on the defenders from the front? I don't know. I won't pretend to have watched much of him.

Iā€™ve seen him twice live this season and he struggled to not move for 45 minutes, let alone press tirelessly. Maybe he was coming back from injury or something, but he was rubbish. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll do our due diligence and so if this happens I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 21:49 - Jan 17 with 1852 viewsMullet

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 20:58 - Jan 17 by Guthrum

Well, people were saying we needed Moore options for strikers to sign.

You're better than this.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 22:17 - Jan 17 with 1668 viewsDarkBrandon

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 17:51 - Jan 17 by textbackup

Iā€™ve watched games where Hirst has failed to control a single ball into him, and been terribly wasteful infront of goal.
Yet we are sitting 2nd.

Moore gives a different dynamic, something teams havenā€™t necessarily seen us play like, anothe chink in the armour

I donā€™t think you have seen games like that, no
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 22:19 - Jan 17 with 1651 viewsNthQldITFC

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 21:49 - Jan 17 by Mullet

You're better than this.

Are you saying less is Moore?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 22:21 - Jan 17 with 1623 viewsKeno

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 21:49 - Jan 17 by Mullet

You're better than this.

Even if I thought of that I would have had the decency to Keifer to myself

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 08:49 - Jan 18 with 1272 viewsBiGDonnie

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 19:09 - Jan 17 by chicoazul

Lots of egg on TWTD faces if true. He canā€™t play our way, etc

Yup. Some utter legend mentioned him on here way back. Same guy who's top of the Championship prediction table

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 09:01 - Jan 18 with 1242 viewsCityBlue

There is no way the club are gong to dish out Ā£25k per week for a loan player.
Increase the offer to Gallagher and pay him Ā£18k pw

I T I D

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 09:37 - Jan 18 with 1120 viewstractorboy1978

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 09:01 - Jan 18 by CityBlue

There is no way the club are gong to dish out Ā£25k per week for a loan player.
Increase the offer to Gallagher and pay him Ā£18k pw

Do you really want to have Gallagher on your books at Ā£18k a week for 3 years? Moore might be costly short term but it's for 3/4 months to try and get us over the line.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 09:42 - Jan 18 with 1096 views_clive_baker_

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 09:37 - Jan 18 by tractorboy1978

Do you really want to have Gallagher on your books at Ā£18k a week for 3 years? Moore might be costly short term but it's for 3/4 months to try and get us over the line.

That's definitely one way of looking at it.

Assuming the above numbers were true for a second, Moore would cost about Ā£150k more than Gallagher between now and the end of the season. That's about the prize money we would get if we beat Maidstone. By the end of the season SG might well be available on a free if Blackburn are reluctant to trigger his extension. We would also be operating in a summer market where there's going to be more options and be clear on what division we'll be playing in next season.

I think there's a lot of merit in a loan signing right now rather than committing to a significant longer term financial commitment on someone who would arguably be understudy to a fit Hirst.
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 10:03 - Jan 18 with 980 viewstractorboy1978

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 09:42 - Jan 18 by _clive_baker_

Assuming the above numbers were true for a second, Moore would cost about Ā£150k more than Gallagher between now and the end of the season. That's about the prize money we would get if we beat Maidstone. By the end of the season SG might well be available on a free if Blackburn are reluctant to trigger his extension. We would also be operating in a summer market where there's going to be more options and be clear on what division we'll be playing in next season.

I think there's a lot of merit in a loan signing right now rather than committing to a significant longer term financial commitment on someone who would arguably be understudy to a fit Hirst.

Yeah that is the way I am thinking too. If we achieve what we want to this season then there is no way we will be thinking about signing SG next summer. Financially/longer term planning wise, Moore makes more sense as we can reassess in the summer as you say.

I struggle to see Bournemouth doing anything with Moore until the final knockings though to be honest. That's when they are going to strike the best deal as clubs get desperate.

Feels a bit like we have a lot of spinning plates and we may end up taking what and who we can when they become available. Not sure plan A, B or C really comes into it.
[Post edited 18 Jan 10:06]
We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 10:16 - Jan 18 with 913 viewsNthQldITFC

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 09:42 - Jan 18 by _clive_baker_

Maybe, but with the caveat that 'understudy' probably means a good 30-35 minute spell in the second half of games most weeks (plus occasional starts) if the player is of high enough quality.

As it is we probably (unfortunately but inevitably) got to the situation this season where the understudies were actual understudies and getting minimum time consequently (possibly) overworking Hirst a bit.

I'd see it as more of an Eddie Jones style starters and finishers for our forward four positions these days.

Added to that there's the resale value and probably premium of a McKenna-coached player!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 10:23 - Jan 18 with 869 views_clive_baker_

We have made a loan offer for Keiffer Moore apparently.... on 10:16 - Jan 18 by NthQldITFC

Maybe, but with the caveat that 'understudy' probably means a good 30-35 minute spell in the second half of games most weeks (plus occasional starts) if the player is of high enough quality.

As it is we probably (unfortunately but inevitably) got to the situation this season where the understudies were actual understudies and getting minimum time consequently (possibly) overworking Hirst a bit.

I'd see it as more of an Eddie Jones style starters and finishers for our forward four positions these days.

Added to that there's the resale value and probably premium of a McKenna-coached player!

Yeah I agree, we definitely need a replacement who doesn't represent a significant drop off vs. what Hirst offers us. We've not had that all season, hence he's been flogged week in, week out out of necessity.

I just wonder if Gallagher is truly that player, or whether its the circumstances and timings that prompt it. There's a bit of balance to be had as to whether he's the right long term option or just a right now option, in which case a loan might be more prudent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024