Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Down to third then :( 16:52 - Jan 20 with 2863 viewsblueasfook

And to be honest not holding out much hope of getting second place back at Leicester. But after that we have a run of winnable games, with hopefully a decent striker in too. I think it's going to be a shoot out with Saints all the way now. Still amazing to be where we are though, fighting it out with teams who were in the Premier league last season.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Down to third then :( on 17:00 - Jan 20 with 2792 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I agree and no complaints either, it’s nice not to be a joke for once.
Down to third then :( on 17:20 - Jan 20 with 2666 viewsTresBonne

That Saints team are actually quite ridiculous. Maybe we could somehow start a Sheffield Wednesday esque downfall of Leicester if we go and beat them on their own patch, that would be fun
Down to third then :( on 17:27 - Jan 20 with 2607 viewsVegtablue

Down to third then :( on 17:00 - Jan 20 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

What a weird comment 🧐
Down to third then :( on 17:34 - Jan 20 with 2554 viewsBlueBadger

Don't worry, you're still a joke.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Down to third then :( on 19:08 - Jan 20 with 2360 viewsMK1

When have Ipswich ever been a joke? Your lot on the other hand.....
Down to third then :( on 19:51 - Jan 20 with 2192 viewsNutkins_Return

Just get a draw and we're second :)
Down to third then :( on 19:55 - Jan 20 with 2154 viewsMullet

Down to third then :( on 19:51 - Jan 20 by Nutkins_Return

Just get a draw and we're second :)

It is a bit weird that we're facing the toughest game of the season (theoretically) and the tide already seems to be turning on the positivity.

A draw is feasible and a win possible, even a loss is not a problem. There's a lot of football left and Saints do not have an easy run in. We'd have to have a terrible drift to be totally out of getting automatics any time soon.

I doubt we would be out of it as late as March even on a terrible run.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Down to third then :( on 19:59 - Jan 20 with 2112 viewspennblue

Down to third then :( on 19:55 - Jan 20 by Mullet

It is a bit weird that we're facing the toughest game of the season (theoretically) and the tide already seems to be turning on the positivity.

A draw is feasible and a win possible, even a loss is not a problem. There's a lot of football left and Saints do not have an easy run in. We'd have to have a terrible drift to be totally out of getting automatics any time soon.

I doubt we would be out of it as late as March even on a terrible run.

Once Morsy is back with the new additions we are stronger

Could do with some full backs too of course but its looking ok

Saints have an easy feb which is annoying but they will falter they are not that good

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Down to third then :( on 20:01 - Jan 20 with 2097 viewsBluedanW

Saints are on a run we had last season. We started ours in mid February, they started theirs late September. So they surely can't keep it going until the end of the season. I'm hoping they will still go through another sticky patch. We have a chance to put Leicester into a sticky patch of their own if we beat them. To be fair 3rd or 4th would be a great season. I cant see any lower teams catching us.
Down to third then :( on 20:46 - Jan 20 with 1894 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone who watched the last 10 minutes of their match today can't possibly expect them to win all the rest of their matches. All we need to do is get 1 more point than them from 1 more match than them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Down to third then :( on 21:52 - Jan 20 with 1758 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Understandable why there’s a few jitters especially since Southampton keep winning. Just remember we are on a mission, and the management from owners to CEO to team manager are committed. There are loads of twists and turns to come. Leicester may struggle with players missing. Southampton are on a great run, but there’s difficulty ahead. We take it a game at a time and never change our philosophy. We’ll keep picking off those wins and I really believe we’ll be top two come May.
Down to third then :( on 22:29 - Jan 20 with 1662 viewsstonojnr

Down to third then :( on 20:46 - Jan 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Anyone who watched the last 10 minutes of their match today can't possibly expect them to win all the rest of their matches. All we need to do is get 1 more point than them from 1 more match than them.

Actually don't we just need to have better goal difference or goals scored than them ? I forget which the EFL base the table on

On the basis we are only 3rd because of one of those factors
[Post edited 20 Jan 22:30]
Down to third then :( on 08:12 - Jan 21 with 1294 viewsSwansea_Blue

Down to third then :( on 17:20 - Jan 20 by TresBonne

That Saints team are actually quite ridiculous. Maybe we could somehow start a Sheffield Wednesday esque downfall of Leicester if we go and beat them on their own patch, that would be fun

First half yesterday was obscene. Yes, Swansea are crap, but the intent and movement from the Saints was as good as I’ve seen from anyone this season. And they’re stuffed full of talent all over the pitch. They’re better than Leicester going forward, but Leicester are more solid.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Down to third then :( on 08:30 - Jan 21 with 1231 viewsHerbivore

Some of our fans are losing their arses very early. So glad that our players have much more of a backbone than much of a our fan base.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Down to third then :( on 10:37 - Jan 21 with 1093 viewsRIPbobby

Leicester are down to the bare bones friend. We will win.
Down to third then :( on 10:41 - Jan 21 with 1075 viewsHerbivore

Down to third then :( on 10:37 - Jan 21 by RIPbobby

Leicester are down to the bare bones friend. We will win.

We're missing a fair old chunk of the spine of our team as well though. No Burgess, both our first choice CMs unavailable, no Hirst. It's going to be a tough ask to get a result there but we are a good side and we'll give it everything. It'll be interesting to see how Leicester respond to the defeat last week, after the Leeds loss they lost their next game and drew with Sheffield Wednesday a couple of games later.

Down to third then :( on 12:13 - Jan 21 with 978 viewsBlue_In_Boston

I must be alone in thinking that anything less than automatic is a fail considering where we were just before Christmas.

Putting it in context the year Burley took us down if we had clung on and survived that would have been a fantastic season despite finishing fifth the previous year.

Forget expectations at the start of a season (good or bad), around Christmas you know what is required.
Down to third then :( on 12:20 - Jan 21 with 957 viewsWhos_blue

Down to third then :( on 12:13 - Jan 21 by Blue_In_Boston

I must be alone in thinking that anything less than automatic is a fail considering where we were just before Christmas.

Putting it in context the year Burley took us down if we had clung on and survived that would have been a fantastic season despite finishing fifth the previous year.

Forget expectations at the start of a season (good or bad), around Christmas you know what is required.

Maybe not alone, but probably in a small minority.
This season has been way beyond expectations.
Take the heat off yourself and try to enjoy it.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Down to third then :( on 12:23 - Jan 21 with 929 viewsBiGDonnie

Talking from experience?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Down to third then :( on 13:21 - Jan 21 with 831 viewsHerbivore

Down to third then :( on 12:13 - Jan 21 by Blue_In_Boston

Really disagree. If we'd scraped 17th on the last day in 2001/02 then we'd all have been pleased to have avoided relegation but by no means would it have been a good season despite the fact it would have meant us recovering from being bottom at Christmas. Likewise with this season, if we finish third or fourth having been second at Christmas then it's ridiculous to consider it as a failure given the sides we are competing with and our relative resources. You can't disregard preseason expectations altogether when assessing how a season has gone. If we collapsed spectacularly and finished 7th then you could reasonably say it's a failure as we don't need to be particularly good to get enough points for 6th from here, even though a lot of fans would have said 7th would be a decent season before a ball was kicked. There has to be a degree of sensibility and balance when assessing what a good season looks like from here, if we manage to take 2nd it will have been an incredible achievement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024