Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. 14:27 - Jan 27 with 12410 viewsSitfcB

F’king hell lads.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:06 - Jan 27 with 1356 viewsSitfcB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:03 - Jan 27 by NeedhamChris

Appreciate reading is a significant challenge for you, but he posted that the result was embarrassing not the team

Quite.

COYB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:06 - Jan 27 with 1352 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:04 - Jan 27 by BlibbiBlob1976

We had 37 shots vs 2… any other day it would have been 5-1. Sometimes stuff happens. Must say second half was v poor, partic Broadhead and Aluko

I'm sort of surprised Aluko wasn't subbed at half time. And still scratching my head over Sarmiento going off over Broadhead - can only think it was down to relative match fitness. I think that was the moment the game was lost.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:06 - Jan 27 with 1352 viewsSitfcB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:55 - Jan 27 by BlibbiBlob1976

Bet I’ve been a fan longer than you. First match in 1981. You just need some perspective and to be able to say well done to the opposition sometimes. The inability to do so is football’s disease.

Well done on being born before some of us.

Jesus wept.

COYB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:08 - Jan 27 with 1323 viewsSitfcB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 by BlibbiBlob1976

Melt! Try being magnanimous. You can be disappointed, but calling for McKenna to be sacked, worst performance ever etc. It’s pathetic. Just say well done to Maidstone and move on. There are certainly some idiots in this forum, but I’m not one of them

Why are you making stuff up?

No one has said those things.

COYB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:09 - Jan 27 with 1315 viewsBlibbiBlob1976

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:06 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

I'm sort of surprised Aluko wasn't subbed at half time. And still scratching my head over Sarmiento going off over Broadhead - can only think it was down to relative match fitness. I think that was the moment the game was lost.

I think that’s probably a pretty good summation. Aluko and Broadhead were awful. Hopefully it will focus management’s minds that we need a forward (two) no matter what the financial cost
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:09 - Jan 27 with 1300 viewsford6600

We have had many awful cup results this sadly gets added to that long list. Making 10 changes shows lack of real intent. It would be great if we put out a first team in a cup game, McCarthy used to duck out of the cups, this trend continues by putting out reserve teams and fans are starved of a thrilling 100% effort cup run...
The league is our bread and butter and cup games should be some cream on top but we have bread and butter topped with a slop of semi skimmed milk...
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 1299 viewsChurchman

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:53 - Jan 27 by NthQldITFC

Getting embarrassed about things is a weakness though. The internal message should be - we got that wrong, irrespective of bad luck, we got that wrong. What can we take from it? Opponents might try to take the piss and wind us up - so what, doesn't matter - what do we do different next time.

Get stronger from it. Embarrassment only matters if you let it take control. On with the league.

I agree with this.

The problem though is that we are not learning. We still give the opposition the ball cheaply in midfield (both goals today). We still run out of ideas when the opposition stick a wall up. We still have glaring weaknesses up front.

So what else is there to learn? That we are not as good as we think we are? I honestly don’t know. In the big picture, I couldn’t care a less about the result. The FA Cup is dead to all but the top Prem teams. But the performance and the attitude shown collectively and individually is enormously damaging. As I sit here now, I can see no plusses to take from that mess.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 1294 viewsVaughan8

Gotta say, this is as bad as the Lincoln away game but very different.

That game we were outplayed by a non league team.

This one it was just very unlucky. However at home to a 6th tier team is utterly shocking.
Login to get fewer ads

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 1285 viewsBlibbiBlob1976

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

We were a shambles. It showed we well out of our depth and we were a real laughing stock.

These cup shocks happen sometimes. It is embarrassing but far from unique. It just doesn't feel as bad for me. I would rather we lost that than a league match.

Completely agree with this. Sometimes, it happens. We had 37 shots. I’d rather lose that than lose any of the remaining league games
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:11 - Jan 27 with 1273 viewsDanTheMan

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:10 - Jan 27 by Churchman

I agree with this.

The problem though is that we are not learning. We still give the opposition the ball cheaply in midfield (both goals today). We still run out of ideas when the opposition stick a wall up. We still have glaring weaknesses up front.

So what else is there to learn? That we are not as good as we think we are? I honestly don’t know. In the big picture, I couldn’t care a less about the result. The FA Cup is dead to all but the top Prem teams. But the performance and the attitude shown collectively and individually is enormously damaging. As I sit here now, I can see no plusses to take from that mess.

To be fair on the second one, we gave away the ball cheaply because Sarmiento was being fouled. Doesn't excuse everything that happened afterwards of course but can't blame him for giving it away when he's being yanked back. Not sure how Taylor missed it as he was right next to them.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:11 - Jan 27 with 1270 viewsNeedhamChris

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:10 - Jan 27 by Vaughan8

Gotta say, this is as bad as the Lincoln away game but very different.

That game we were outplayed by a non league team.

This one it was just very unlucky. However at home to a 6th tier team is utterly shocking.

Not taking your chances isn't unlucky.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:12 - Jan 27 with 1251 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:10 - Jan 27 by Churchman

I agree with this.

In slight defence in regards to the second goal, Sarmiento gave it away because he was fouled. The most glorious Premier League standard (haha) ref missed it.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:15 - Jan 27 with 1210 viewsChurchman

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:11 - Jan 27 by DanTheMan

To be fair on the second one, we gave away the ball cheaply because Sarmiento was being fouled. Doesn't excuse everything that happened afterwards of course but can't blame him for giving it away when he's being yanked back. Not sure how Taylor missed it as he was right next to them.

Fair comment. My annoyance is clouding my judgement.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:23 - Jan 27 with 1161 viewsgiant_stow

It was indeed very funny, and yes, the nation's pissing themselves. But to be fair you were all over them for all of the game - you lot must have 30 or 40 shots no? Pretty unlucky, but well played Maidstone - hung in there, defended as best they could and deserved it (as the underdog)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:24 - Jan 27 with 1156 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just to remind us of our previous most embarrassing cup result, Barrow have just taken the lead at Notts County!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:25 - Jan 27 with 1138 viewsRadlett_blue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:12 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

In slight defence in regards to the second goal, Sarmiento gave it away because he was fouled. The most glorious Premier League standard (haha) ref missed it.

As well as awarding a free kick & a yellow card against Edmondson when he was fouled, instead of a penalty to Town. 3 cheers for PL refs & the lack of VAR.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:30 - Jan 27 with 1104 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:25 - Jan 27 by Radlett_blue

As well as awarding a free kick & a yellow card against Edmondson when he was fouled, instead of a penalty to Town. 3 cheers for PL refs & the lack of VAR.

With VAR we'd at very least have a replay. Credit to Maidstone, but it helped that they played with 12 men.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:30 - Jan 27 with 1104 viewsRyorry

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:15 - Jan 27 by Churchman

Fair comment. My annoyance is clouding my judgement.

And for me, the embarrassment is massively compounded by the game being screened live on BBC1, something I’d really been looking forward to.

Might not have felt quite so bad with an audience in the thousands rather than millions.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:34 - Jan 27 with 1063 viewsRyorry

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:30 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

With VAR we'd at very least have a replay. Credit to Maidstone, but it helped that they played with 12 men.

I might get shot down in flames for this, but I’d rather the defeat than a replay.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:35 - Jan 27 with 1056 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:34 - Jan 27 by Ryorry

I might get shot down in flames for this, but I’d rather the defeat than a replay.

Not shot down by me, I agree. I was actually torn from the 95th minute onwards whether I wanted us to score or not - the humiliation vs another game in the schedule.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:52 - Jan 27 with 981 viewsRyorry

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:08 - Jan 27 by SitfcB

Why are you making stuff up?

No one has said those things.

I've seen someone say it, can't recall which thread. Suspect they wern't 100% serious though.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:55 - Jan 27 with 961 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:52 - Jan 27 by Ryorry

I've seen someone say it, can't recall which thread. Suspect they wern't 100% serious though.

I said McKenna out with a question mark knowing that no one actually thinks that. A couple possibly thought I meant it as they downvoted (but that could have been because they disagreed with the second part of the comment).

The most embarrassing comment hinges on the difference between result and performance.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:58 - Jan 27 with 947 viewsmrfixit426

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:46 - Jan 27 by Churchman

That was an absolute humiliation. A national one. At home. They will rightly be laughed at by just about everyone in professional football. How many tiers above them are we supposed to be?

Maidstone totally deserved it. They gave their all, were well organised and took their chances. What did we have to offer? A lot of passing around to zero effect or purpose. The longer the game, the more shambolic we looked. The boy who scored their first goal looked a far better front player than anything we had up there. Perhaps we won’t harm FFP if we sign him? Let’s face it, he looked like Ronaldo compared to poor old treacle feet Aluko. Oh, and we came second on most of the 50/50s.

I tend to be on the more optimistic scale of the spectrum when it comes to the club, McKenna and his team. But not on this occasion. There is not a crumb of anything to be gained from that. Zero. And that includes McKenna’s performance.

Rant over.

"Treacle feet Aluko"

Thanks for putting a smile back on my face, albeit fleetingly. He was horrid today, wasn't he.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:06 - Jan 27 with 897 viewsstrikalite

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:35 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

Not shot down by me, I agree. I was actually torn from the 95th minute onwards whether I wanted us to score or not - the humiliation vs another game in the schedule.

At the end of the day yes it's bloody disappointing right now but ffs it's not like we were ever going to win the fa cup, it's only the embarrassment of the result itself, 78% possession, 30 odd attempts.. it's a battering without the scoreline really..
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:19 - Jan 27 with 845 viewsRyorry

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:55 - Jan 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I said McKenna out with a question mark knowing that no one actually thinks that. A couple possibly thought I meant it as they downvoted (but that could have been because they disagreed with the second part of the comment).

The most embarrassing comment hinges on the difference between result and performance.

Don't think it was you; can't recall a question mark after it.

Edited to add - embarrassment not being helped by R5l repeating the scoreline literally every 5 mins during commentary on current games
[Post edited 27 Jan 16:21]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024