Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. 14:27 - Jan 27 with 12405 viewsSitfcB

F’king hell lads.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:20 - Jan 27 with 1287 viewsJ2BLUE

Not even close...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:21 - Jan 27 with 1253 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:20 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

Not even close...

What is the most embarrassment result in our history?

Yes, the 5-0 reverse at home to Norwich hurt but at least they were in the same division as us. Same with the 7-1 at Peterborough when we went down to nine. And even the 9-0 at United.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:24 - Jan 27 with 1225 viewsRadlett_blue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:21 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

Yes, the 5-0 reverse at home to Norwich hurt but at least they were in the same division as us. Same with the 7-1 at Peterborough when we went down to nine. And even the 9-0 at United.

The 7-1 defeat at Posh was as embarrassed as I've felt as a Town fan. However, losing to a team 4 tiers below and at home, with 11v11 was statistically far worse.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:25 - Jan 27 with 1224 viewsJ2BLUE

Lincoln IMO.

Yes, they were not so far down the pyramid but we were absolutely dire and played dreadful football.

I don't think this is as bad as people are saying. It was a terrible result, obviously, but if you take a step back and consider how it went it was just one of those days. Hit the woodwork at least 3 times, 38 shots, some good saves from their keeper and they scored with their only two shots. It was very disappointing but I don't think it was the humiliation some people seem to think.

Truly impaired.

Drawing with norwich this season was worse. (n/t) on 16:26 - Jan 27 with 1211 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:28 - Jan 27 with 1205 viewsRyorry

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:25 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

Lincoln IMO.

Yes, they were not so far down the pyramid but we were absolutely dire and played dreadful football.

I don't think this is as bad as people are saying. It was a terrible result, obviously, but if you take a step back and consider how it went it was just one of those days. Hit the woodwork at least 3 times, 38 shots, some good saves from their keeper and they scored with their only two shots. It was very disappointing but I don't think it was the humiliation some people seem to think.

Their keeper wasn't MotM for nothing. Might he wrong, but seem to remember hearing somewhere that he's a former Brazilian international?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:28 - Jan 27 with 1197 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:25 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

Lincoln IMO.

The performance was more embarrassing but the result wasn't.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:29 - Jan 27 with 1178 viewspositivity

southampton 7-1 ipswich? we got promoted that year! i'll take the omen

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:33 - Jan 27 with 1158 viewsJ2BLUE

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:28 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

The performance was more embarrassing but the result wasn't.

Maybe but I will take losing a game like today where anyone watching could see how it went over losing a game like Lincoln where looked hopeless and clueless.

The 9-0 at United was a worse result.

Truly impaired.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:34 - Jan 27 with 1149 viewslazyblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:28 - Jan 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

McKenna out?

It is embarrassing but I don't feel anything like as bad as I did after the 9-0.

Honestly don’t know which game is worse . I went to the 9-0 and as bad as it was Man Utd that season were just brilliant and just couldn’t miss today however should never ever happen to a club/team like we have.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:36 - Jan 27 with 1135 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:33 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

Maybe but I will take losing a game like today where anyone watching could see how it went over losing a game like Lincoln where looked hopeless and clueless.

The 9-0 at United was a worse result.

I'd personally disagree. United were clearly streets ahead and Town were just waiting to be relegated. It wasn't a side looking upwards being overturned by a non-league side.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:41 - Jan 27 with 1101 viewspositivity

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:36 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

I'd personally disagree. United were clearly streets ahead and Town were just waiting to be relegated. It wasn't a side looking upwards being overturned by a non-league side.

it was total humiliation, the worst score ever in the premiership.

plenty of premiership teams have lost to non-league opposition; let alone championship sides.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:46 - Jan 27 with 1069 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:41 - Jan 27 by positivity

it was total humiliation, the worst score ever in the premiership.

plenty of premiership teams have lost to non-league opposition; let alone championship sides.

Any of them done that as the away side? Even if the dull days of McCarthy we held Lincoln to a draw here.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:48 - Jan 27 with 1038 viewsMJallday

I’m on beer number 5 just trying to forget about this s/show

It isn’t working

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:49 - Jan 27 with 1032 viewspositivity

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:46 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

Any of them done that as the away side? Even if the dull days of McCarthy we held Lincoln to a draw here.

norwich 0-1 luton?
burnley 0-1 lincoln?

both prem v non-league at the time (odd to think that now luton are a league above the budgies!)

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:51 - Jan 27 with 1020 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:49 - Jan 27 by positivity

norwich 0-1 luton?
burnley 0-1 lincoln?

both prem v non-league at the time (odd to think that now luton are a league above the budgies!)

Thanks - perhaps they're the most embarrassing results in their respective histories. Still doesn't take away from today.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:55 - Jan 27 with 1005 viewspositivity

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:46 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

also, may just be me, but i think a freak game like today where we had 95% of the shots, and c80% of the possession is less embarassing (and should have less of a negative effect on the team) than lincoln.

then we were a well established championship team getting a lucky draw where we were outplayed!

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:01 - Jan 27 with 966 viewsChurchman

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:58 - Jan 27 by mrfixit426

"Treacle feet Aluko"

Thanks for putting a smile back on my face, albeit fleetingly. He was horrid today, wasn't he.

He was fine for the first ten minutes and after that he was a total liability. You can see he knows what to do but it looks like his legs have gone.

It was a b awful day and a b awful performance from Sone. From KMs setting up of the team and substitutions to the players not taking responsibility and in some cases looking like they’d struggle to make Maidstone’s team, there was nothing good about today.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:15 - Jan 27 with 930 viewsTootingblue

They didn't look motivated enough & there was insufficient urgency, particularly when chasing the game. That's ultimately down to the manager. I know it's not his style, but there are some occasions - today was a good example - when McKenna needs to be more demonstrative at the side of the pitch. Did he not learn this from Ferguson & Mourinho?
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:22 - Jan 27 with 903 viewsVaughan8

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:49 - Jan 27 by positivity

norwich 0-1 luton?
burnley 0-1 lincoln?

They are bottom end premier league vs decent national league teams.

First time a team in the 6th tier has got to the 5th round since 1978.......pretty much tells its all.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:23 - Jan 27 with 891 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:22 - Jan 27 by Vaughan8

First time a team in the 6th tier has got to the 5th round since 1978.......pretty much tells its all.

1978. The irony.

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:29 - Jan 27 with 852 viewschicoazul

Nah.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:53 - Jan 27 with 781 viewspositivity

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:22 - Jan 27 by Vaughan8

we're a new championship team against a recently relegated national league team, pretty comparable i'd say.

bet the budgies weren't as dominant on the stats as us either!

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:01 - Jan 27 with 756 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:10 - Jan 27 by Vaughan8

Gotta say, this is as bad as the Lincoln away game but very different.

That game we were outplayed by a non league team.

This one it was just very unlucky. However at home to a 6th tier team is utterly shocking.

Plus...

Todays result will hurt McKenna and he won't forget it. Hopefully the players will get some extra sessions. Particularly those who were extremely poor today (Tuanzebe, Ball, Aluko, Taylor, Broadhead).

Lincoln though was the different circumstances. The team looked completely clueless on the pitch and m***thy didn't give a flying fook at all. He even said after the game that if the club wanted to sack him then do it.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:10 - Jan 27 with 719 viewsVaughan8

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:53 - Jan 27 by positivity

we're a new championship team against a recently relegated national league team, pretty comparable i'd say.

bet the budgies weren't as dominant on the stats as us either!

Not really.

Maidstone have one 1 of this last 9 league games away.

I doubt luton or Lincoln had that sort of record. Those 2, without being disrespectful to Maidstone, are established teams. Both certainly had a team at the time who would have comfortably been ok in league 2.

You can lap it up how you like, it's embarrassing, and I think moreso that the other 2 examples. Just my opinion though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024