Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. 14:27 - Jan 27 with 12402 viewsSitfcB

F’king hell lads.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:16 - Jan 27 with 1277 viewsRyorry

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 17:15 - Jan 27 by Tootingblue

They didn't look motivated enough & there was insufficient urgency, particularly when chasing the game. That's ultimately down to the manager. I know it's not his style, but there are some occasions - today was a good example - when McKenna needs to be more demonstrative at the side of the pitch. Did he not learn this from Ferguson & Mourinho?

I'm hardly an expert tactician, but going all out on attack, often iirc with our entire team except for Walton camped in their half, seemed very risky ro me - why not leave a couple back in case of breakaways like the two they scored from? (Not specifically asking you, just chucking my thoughts out there!).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:22 - Jan 27 with 1245 viewspositivity

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:10 - Jan 27 by Vaughan8

Not really.

Maidstone have one 1 of this last 9 league games away.

I doubt luton or Lincoln had that sort of record. Those 2, without being disrespectful to Maidstone, are established teams. Both certainly had a team at the time who would have comfortably been ok in league 2.

You can lap it up how you like, it's embarrassing, and I think moreso that the other 2 examples. Just my opinion though.

disagree, last season the clubs were only 2 leagues apart (that's the same gap between us and leeds/soton), doubt that was the case with the others

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:26 - Jan 27 with 1219 viewsBlueForYou

That's definitely the worst result in our history. All concerned should be ashamed of that, & be accountable for it. It was ineptitude of the highest order. That was a game which surely we would never lose playing blindfolded! Any team suffering that result must have serious issues? McKenna has some answering to do.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:41 - Jan 27 with 1184 viewsChurchman

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:16 - Jan 27 by Ryorry

I'm hardly an expert tactician, but going all out on attack, often iirc with our entire team except for Walton camped in their half, seemed very risky ro me - why not leave a couple back in case of breakaways like the two they scored from? (Not specifically asking you, just chucking my thoughts out there!).

It’s a good question Ryorry. We looked terribly lopsided all over the pitch and especially at the back. Axel hasn’t really impressed me tbh in his time here, full back isn’t Humphreys position. Edmundson did ok. Taylor was all over the shop and Morsy strangely ineffectual. Hutchinson and Sarmiento looked lively but had a habit of going on their own. I guess with nothing in front of them what else could they do? The longer the game went, the more ragged we got.

I always feel that if you truly do show respect for the opposition and are really after the result you play a strong team, put the game to bed and wheel on the subs/fringe players then. Even if you do it after half an hour.

Making 10 changes from Monday? Is that really showing the opposition respect? It’s an open question because in football terms ‘showing respect’ is a bit like telling somebody they’ve a great personality when they really mean they’ve a face like a bag of spanners. Empty words.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 19:08 - Jan 27 with 1113 viewsRadlett_blue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:41 - Jan 27 by Churchman

It’s a good question Ryorry. We looked terribly lopsided all over the pitch and especially at the back. Axel hasn’t really impressed me tbh in his time here, full back isn’t Humphreys position. Edmundson did ok. Taylor was all over the shop and Morsy strangely ineffectual. Hutchinson and Sarmiento looked lively but had a habit of going on their own. I guess with nothing in front of them what else could they do? The longer the game went, the more ragged we got.

I always feel that if you truly do show respect for the opposition and are really after the result you play a strong team, put the game to bed and wheel on the subs/fringe players then. Even if you do it after half an hour.

Making 10 changes from Monday? Is that really showing the opposition respect? It’s an open question because in football terms ‘showing respect’ is a bit like telling somebody they’ve a great personality when they really mean they’ve a face like a bag of spanners. Empty words.

If we'd had better luck, or better finishing, we'd have been out of sight after 20 minutes. Today's team selection wasn't the problem, apart from starting a completely out of touch Aluko.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 19:17 - Jan 27 with 1097 viewsThe_Major

As many others have rightly said, we'd be more annoyed if the Town team clearly couldn't be bothered and didn't put a shift in.

I can think of numerous matches in the past where we've lost and it's obvious the team couldn't care less.

Port Vale 0-5
Bolton 1-4
Norwich 1-5
Man Utd 0-9
Peterborough 1-7
Lincoln 0-1
Barrow 0-2
Liverpool 0-6
To name but a few

Is this a bit embarrassing? Yep, but it's a freak result, and highlights our need for a striker or two.

And I say that as someone who lives and works in Norwich, so we know what my Monday is going to be like. Gulp.

Ever onwards.
[Post edited 27 Jan 19:18]
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 19:19 - Jan 27 with 1090 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 19:17 - Jan 27 by The_Major

As many others have rightly said, we'd be more annoyed if the Town team clearly couldn't be bothered and didn't put a shift in.

I can think of numerous matches in the past where we've lost and it's obvious the team couldn't care less.

Port Vale 0-5
Bolton 1-4
Norwich 1-5
Man Utd 0-9
Peterborough 1-7
Lincoln 0-1
Barrow 0-2
Liverpool 0-6
To name but a few

Is this a bit embarrassing? Yep, but it's a freak result, and highlights our need for a striker or two.

And I say that as someone who lives and works in Norwich, so we know what my Monday is going to be like. Gulp.

Ever onwards.
[Post edited 27 Jan 19:18]

I think there's a difference between performances and results. Those performances may have been worse, but this result is rock bottom IMO.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 19:29 - Jan 27 with 1064 viewsWhos_blue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:26 - Jan 27 by BlueForYou

That's definitely the worst result in our history. All concerned should be ashamed of that, & be accountable for it. It was ineptitude of the highest order. That was a game which surely we would never lose playing blindfolded! Any team suffering that result must have serious issues? McKenna has some answering to do.

This team hasn't got serious issues.
They lost to a freak result in a cup match.
No league points have been lost.
This is the same team that equalised in the 89th minute away away to the league leaders.
I didn't see too many serious issues there, nor did I think KM had questions to answer.
I accept you're angry today. Many are. But maybe a little perspective?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Login to get fewer ads

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 19:41 - Jan 27 with 1034 viewsKieran_Knows

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:32 - Jan 27 by Stewart27

I’m more pissed off than any result I can remember.

People will gloss over that but I’m embarrassed by it. Weekend ruining result.

Town were pathetic today. I’ve lost count of the amount of clipped balls into the area followed by a powder puff header.

Get a striker in quick Ashton. Broadhead needs removing out of the firing line.

I’ll say it again, I don’t want this club breaking any FFP or P&S rules, but we need to be pushing them to their absolute maximum over the next few days to make sure we are not short going in to the back end of this season.

That is on Ashton, time to earn your corn.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 20:18 - Jan 27 with 957 viewsStNeotsBlue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 18:22 - Jan 27 by positivity

disagree, last season the clubs were only 2 leagues apart (that's the same gap between us and leeds/soton), doubt that was the case with the others

Appreciate your username is positivity but trying to claim it's not a disastrous result as we were only two divisions apart last season is beyond overly positive but more delusional and ridiculous.
Absolute bollox, sorry Sitters, but come one!!!. on 20:31 - Jan 27 with 942 viewsunstableblue

I have had people coming out of the woodwork with messages since that result.

‘Magic of the cup’, ‘ouch’, ‘WTF’

But at the same time those same people have been saying ‘how the f@ck you didn’t win that?!’, ‘so unreal you didn’t win that’

We dominated that game.

Played good stuff at times. Our worst performance in our history was Lincoln or Barrow away where we looked terrible against lower positions. We looked good enough to easily win.

But they packed their box and had some incredible finishing in their two chances.

We’re a team who need to buy two strikers. And sadly have Broadhead bang out of form.

We’ll come good.

Calm down.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 20:36 - Jan 27 with 903 viewscressi

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:32 - Jan 27 by BlibbiBlob1976

Typical football fan reply. Well done to Maidstone. Means a lot to them.

Meant a lot to ipswich fans who cares about opposition fan's
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 20:40 - Jan 27 with 896 views3_5_2

7 hrs later and I still can’t believe it.

The piss taking will go on for ages

38 shots v 2 !

I just can’t bring myself to watch the game again or even MOTD

Even a 8-0 thumping by Liverpool over the scum won’t help

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Absolute bollox, sorry Sitters, but come one!!!. on 21:10 - Jan 27 with 851 viewsSitfcB

Absolute bollox, sorry Sitters, but come one!!!. on 20:31 - Jan 27 by unstableblue

I have had people coming out of the woodwork with messages since that result.

‘Magic of the cup’, ‘ouch’, ‘WTF’

But at the same time those same people have been saying ‘how the f@ck you didn’t win that?!’, ‘so unreal you didn’t win that’

We dominated that game.

Played good stuff at times. Our worst performance in our history was Lincoln or Barrow away where we looked terrible against lower positions. We looked good enough to easily win.

But they packed their box and had some incredible finishing in their two chances.

We’re a team who need to buy two strikers. And sadly have Broadhead bang out of form.

We’ll come good.

Calm down.

Another one who’s confused performance with result.

Read the f’king thing and use your brains.

[Post edited 27 Jan 21:10]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 21:33 - Jan 27 with 796 viewsibbleobble

Not too fussed really. I was more angry when we lost at Lincoln than I am today. Lincoln beat us all ends up. Today was just ridiculous. We beat Maidstone but lost the game - it happens. Anyone worth their salt will look at that game and those stats and just shrug as KM did to Elokobi at the end.

Great day for Maidstone. We move on.
Absolute bollox, sorry Sitters, but come one!!!. on 21:55 - Jan 27 with 764 viewsWicklowBlue

Absolute bollox, sorry Sitters, but come one!!!. on 21:10 - Jan 27 by SitfcB

Another one who’s confused performance with result.

Read the f’king thing and use your brains.

[Post edited 27 Jan 21:10]

Cmon Sitters, we're all peed off with the result but naturally we're all going to pick apart the game and the performance.

Watching with my partner as I stormed off after the final whistle, she shouted at me "You know you are on the up when you lose a game termed as a giant killer" I paused and thought to myself when were we ever classed as giant?

Most embarrassing result, in terms of leagues the teams play in, possibly... but it's sport, sh!t happens I won't be loosing sleep over it. There's more to play for.
Absolute bollox, sorry Sitters, but come one!!!. on 22:00 - Jan 27 with 744 viewsNeedhamChris

Absolute bollox, sorry Sitters, but come one!!!. on 21:55 - Jan 27 by WicklowBlue

Cmon Sitters, we're all peed off with the result but naturally we're all going to pick apart the game and the performance.

Watching with my partner as I stormed off after the final whistle, she shouted at me "You know you are on the up when you lose a game termed as a giant killer" I paused and thought to myself when were we ever classed as giant?

Most embarrassing result, in terms of leagues the teams play in, possibly... but it's sport, sh!t happens I won't be loosing sleep over it. There's more to play for.

He told sitters to calm down based on the performance even though at no point has sitters said the performance was embarrassing, just the result.

Reading isn't as complicated as some on here are making out today.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 22:42 - Jan 27 with 693 viewspositivity

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 20:18 - Jan 27 by StNeotsBlue

Appreciate your username is positivity but trying to claim it's not a disastrous result as we were only two divisions apart last season is beyond overly positive but more delusional and ridiculous.

i'm not saying it's not a poor result, just that it's not the worst result in the entire history of football!
[Post edited 27 Jan 22:42]

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 23:49 - Jan 27 with 602 viewsreusersfreekicks

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 by ArnieM

Wonder how many down arrows I’d have received if I’d posted this thread?

At least I just said the team selection left a lot to be desired and was naive, rather than call the team embarrassing.

And you were wrong then and still are
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 23:51 - Jan 27 with 602 viewsreusersfreekicks

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 16:25 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

Lincoln IMO.

Yes, they were not so far down the pyramid but we were absolutely dire and played dreadful football.

I don't think this is as bad as people are saying. It was a terrible result, obviously, but if you take a step back and consider how it went it was just one of those days. Hit the woodwork at least 3 times, 38 shots, some good saves from their keeper and they scored with their only two shots. It was very disappointing but I don't think it was the humiliation some people seem to think.

Well said
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 23:53 - Jan 27 with 576 viewsreusersfreekicks

That starting team was strong enough to win. The first 15 mins should have seen us 3 up
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 23:59 - Jan 27 with 557 viewstextbackup

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:28 - Jan 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

McKenna out?

It is embarrassing but I don't feel anything like as bad as I did after the 9-0.

Seen that said on Twitter….

We lost 9-0 to a brilliant Man Utd team when we were sht…
Today we lost to Maidstone when we are suppose to be good!!

How the fck can the two compare!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 00:01 - Jan 28 with 552 viewsreusersfreekicks

That starting team was strong enough to win. The first 15 mins should have seen us 3 up
+5?! Stats on 00:18 - Jan 28 with 536 viewsunstableblue

Today we had 78% possession 38 shots with 13 on target.

When we lost to non-league Lincoln in the FA cup, Lincoln had 53%,
And we had 7 shots and 2 on target.

So was it really the most embarrassing result in ITFC HISTORY

No way

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

+5?! Stats on 00:22 - Jan 28 with 520 viewstextbackup

+5?! Stats on 00:18 - Jan 28 by unstableblue

Today we had 78% possession 38 shots with 13 on target.

When we lost to non-league Lincoln in the FA cup, Lincoln had 53%,
And we had 7 shots and 2 on target.

So was it really the most embarrassing result in ITFC HISTORY

No way

Comparing the two is like asking if I’d like a chance to say goodbye to the family before dying, or dropping down dead without saying a word..

Both a complete and utter pile of sht.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024