Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium 20:45 - Feb 24 with 5884 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Where the people around me actually know about football? That 10 minute spell in the 2nd half where Brum were pressing was unbearable.

"Nooooooo not backwards!! Forward!!!"
"Go to him Wolfie"
"What the F8ck???"
"Quicker!! Too Slow"
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 20:47 - Feb 24 with 4325 viewssnotbucket

In the dugout?
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 20:48 - Feb 24 with 4303 viewsBugs

I heard those exact same things! So not near me west stand, block p, row e, seat 5.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 20:50 - Feb 24 with 4274 viewsHelp

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 20:47 - Feb 24 by snotbucket

In the dugout?

Home dugout
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 20:51 - Feb 24 with 4232 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cobbold Block C.....most of us are too tired to say much at all.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

In the 80th minute today…. on 20:54 - Feb 24 with 4227 viewsBloots

....the knobber behind me was confidently telling everyone around us that:

"Sarmiento and Hutchinson are alright, but they both lack any sort of end product".

We laughed.
[Post edited 25 Feb 9:09]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 21:02 - Feb 24 with 4140 viewsmrfixit426

We had a woman behind us today, who isn't usually there, say this when we were defending our box and couldn't quite get it clear for a minute or so.

"I'm glad I don't have a season ticket any more so I don't have to watch this rubbish."

She was at it all game. My blood was boiling.

"Hutchinson is the only one who seems to know what he's doing." Another gem.
In the 80th minute toady.... on 21:05 - Feb 24 with 4104 viewsCheltenham_Blue

In the 80th minute today…. on 20:54 - Feb 24 by Bloots

"Sarmiento and Hutchinson are alright, but they both lack any sort of end product".

We laughed.

I did pipe up when the guy behind me kept shouting "Go to him Wolfie".
I instinctively shouted "Don't you f8cking dare go to him Wolfie"

I'll be honest, it pretty much accidentally fell out of my mouth.

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 21:49 - Feb 24 with 3907 viewsJon_456

Not many places these days.

We have to put up with some absolute morons behind us who fortunately haven’t been there as often this year, presumably because they have less to moan about.

They’re the usual “stop messing about with it at the back” guys and then shout “don’t just hoof it” when we do have to go long.

I did have a little smile when one of them said we’re so boring, about 45 seconds before Sarmiento then scored.
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 22:21 - Feb 24 with 3786 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

They’ve always been here…both in the stadium, and the edgelords that don’t attend games and spout sh1te on here *cough Frimley *

Wait till we hit the PL and the big time mate, you’ll be sat next to a Chinese tourist decked out in Armani and a camera bigger than those broadcasting the game.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 07:11 - Feb 25 with 3373 viewsSawtrich

It really is amazing isn't it? Unfortunately it has always been the case. Football can be a very frustrating thing to watch because most of what your team does counts for nothing. Therefore if you just sit back and moan about everything then most of the time you'll be 'proved right' because a goal won't come. The 'No, not backwards' shout has irritated me for decades but it will never stop. Some people are just clueless. We've lost 4 in 34 and we're at least 16 points above everyone not getting a parachute payment yet there are still people that think they know better than the coaching team we've got.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 08:15 - Feb 25 with 3220 viewsChurchman

The people around me in West Stand Steerage GG are good - in fact some of the best I’ve sat with over the years. The chap next to me takes against players at times, Ladapo now Clarke, but he’s very quiet about it and not all the time.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 09:03 - Feb 25 with 3070 viewsHanser

If it's any consolation, I've had to sit with home fans at QPR too many times and their fans seem to be the worst for this. They also leave the ground earliest. Although Swindon was remarkable for adults that behaved like children and children that seemed to have the wisdom of sages.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 09:43 - Feb 25 with 2933 viewshoppy

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 08:15 - Feb 25 by Churchman

The people around me in West Stand Steerage GG are good - in fact some of the best I’ve sat with over the years. The chap next to me takes against players at times, Ladapo now Clarke, but he’s very quiet about it and not all the time.

You do tend to get a fine bunch of people in West Stand block GG, I have to say…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 09:47 - Feb 25 with 2916 viewsMetal_Hacker

I made the 400 mile round trip from Sheffield to sit in the SBR Upper behind a bloke moaning about Axel all game suggesting he was slow , not interested , had no pace and definitely didn’t deserve MoM

I should’ve just switched off from it but it’s bloody hard not to

Moron

Poll: If it were one or the other

In the 80th minute today…. on 09:49 - Feb 25 with 2865 viewschicoazul

In the 80th minute today…. on 20:54 - Feb 24 by Bloots

We laughed.

When my dad used to say similar about I dunno, Kevin Wilson or John Deehan or whoever, he would then try to take credit for somehow psychically-motivating them into scoring.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 10:12 - Feb 25 with 2788 viewseastwell_blue

Bloke behind me in block O had one line - what the hell was that? I had to advise him if he didn't have anything positive to say he should keep his trap shut. Seemed to do the trick until we scored the second when he couldn't resist "you've got to admit we have been poor" . I don't get to PR much but this time was struck by the negativity. Spoilt by success or just natural moaners?
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 10:40 - Feb 25 with 2730 viewsChurchman

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 09:43 - Feb 25 by hoppy

You do tend to get a fine bunch of people in West Stand block GG, I have to say…

The best, I reckon.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 11:24 - Feb 25 with 2633 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 10:40 - Feb 25 by Churchman

The best, I reckon.

No. The best are clearly in the Cobbold B. Best of all worlds. Singing to the right and mostly intelligence all around. And we had a good view of 3 goals yesterday. Seats space is bigger too that in the West stand. The only downside being we can't see the big screen.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 13:55 - Feb 25 with 2482 viewsMeadowlark

I sometimes complain when I see something that I don't think should happen. To be honest, it's mostly to do with our defenders (seemingly) not talking to each other. However I also clap and I often find I'm the only one, when there's a sublime pass or run, or attempt at something that doesn't quite work.
But mostly I am entertained.
There's not many around me who shout daft stuff, but this has just made me think,
- maybe it's me?!!
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 14:06 - Feb 25 with 2441 viewsTrequartista

Seems quite widespread doesn't it.

I used to be a bit like this when i was a younger supporter although not to some of the extreme extent we see here. For me, it was frustration when things weren't going well and an anxiety and impatience if the winning goal was not earlier in the game. You start looking for a target to try and justify the reasons things weren't going well. If we then turned things round, it would all just dissipate. If we didn't, then you'd still see things totally differently in the cold light of day.

As an older fan, i'm much more analytical and patient and views on players are decided in the long-term, not the short-term.

I wonder if what is described here is similar to how I used experience things.
[Post edited 25 Feb 14:06]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 14:15 - Feb 25 with 2408 viewsITFC1977

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 07:11 - Feb 25 by Sawtrich

It really is amazing isn't it? Unfortunately it has always been the case. Football can be a very frustrating thing to watch because most of what your team does counts for nothing. Therefore if you just sit back and moan about everything then most of the time you'll be 'proved right' because a goal won't come. The 'No, not backwards' shout has irritated me for decades but it will never stop. Some people are just clueless. We've lost 4 in 34 and we're at least 16 points above everyone not getting a parachute payment yet there are still people that think they know better than the coaching team we've got.

I think you’ll find Leicester and Leeds are not receiving parachute payments but I agree with your point.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 14:21 - Feb 25 with 2390 viewsLuggworm

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 09:43 - Feb 25 by hoppy

Couldn't agree more, even the guy who shouts "Down the line" at every throw in or "Want it xxxx (players name)" seems to have piped down lately.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 14:24 - Feb 25 with 2381 viewsMK1

We are a nice knowledgeable lot in the West Stand.
Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 15:02 - Feb 25 with 2315 viewsGeoffSentence

My mate that I go with is one of them. Even after to years of playing this way and doing it successfully he can't get used to it.

His problem is that he finds the 'titting around at the back' too nerve wracking and just wants us to get it away to 'safety'.

Funny thing is he acknowledges that both the results and quality of football is much better now, it's just that his heart can't take it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 15:21 - Feb 25 with 2258 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can anyone tell me where I can sit in the stadium on 14:15 - Feb 25 by ITFC1977

I think you’ll find Leicester and Leeds are not receiving parachute payments but I agree with your point.

Sorry? Leicester and Leeds are not receiving parachute payments?
Has anyone told them?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024