Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why didn't Leif shoot? 10:13 - Feb 25 with 2733 viewsPendejo

Yesterday was not a run of the mill football day for me, I used a bit of subterfuge to attend the game. My wife hates ITFC, as she knows that they rival her in my heart, and have done for 23 years longer.

A good friend has a season ticket, but, right now can't attend games, so rather than leave an empty seat I've offered to take the w/e games, with my oldest male offspring taking m/w.l
Plus, my father lives in Ipswich so I can combine football and family.

My wife runs a CIC mainly helping Latin Americans in London, though her food aid other activities are open to all in need. She'd been asking me to organise a day trip, so I offered Felixstowe and Ipswich 😇😇. Many of her community rarely see anything of England outside M25.

Managed to source a 9 seat vehicle and arranged an early start so I could combine; her trip, visit father and get to the game.

The thing is Latinos don't do punctual time keeping, ok we got away earlier than I usually do coming up for football but it was narrowing my window of opportunity to visit my father for more than hello / goodbye.

Took my passengers to Landguard, showed the the Port of Felixstowe, there was a massive container shop there (sent a picture to Newcy), pointed out Sealand, which to my surprise, two of them knew about and excitedly told the others. Winning!

Tried to get them into the museum, but they weren't keen on the £7 entrance fee, shame because I think a decent one.

So quick up and down the promenade and off to Ipswich.

I showed them the main shopping street, GWH "Dickens wrote a book whilst staying there" (they liked that), library, pointed them in the direction of Christchurch Mansion (free museum), park, Spoons and Crown Pools. Then I left them to get on with it for themselves, kissed the wife and off to PR.

Match day in Ipswich has changed for the better, there was a time when you could be forgiven for being oblivious to the fact a game was on. Now, plenty of Ipswich "fanware" on show.

For the first time since transitioning from school to work, I didn't have a beer before the game, unlike my last game, Millwall. 🍻🍻

This team / squad, management etc. what more could you say about them?

Is there anyone who would really want to question McKenna's judgement?
The players commitment?

I'm not talking about individual errors, split second decisions etc. I'm talking over a season or more.
But still there's the odd murmur as people adjust (still) to McKenna ball.
Yes, I get nervous when they play it around at the back, but understand high risk, high reward. Also, that pedestrian passing gives the forward players a rest, ready for quick attack and energetic pressing.

We could / should / would have been clear early on IF! If, only 2 letters but massive implications.

Facts (for fear of a full on Rafa moment); we won 3-1, 4 wins on the trot, 3rd on goal difference.
After years of decay, we "shouldn't" be this competitive this soon. But we are. Fact.

After years of cynicism, I most definitely am a blue tinted specs fan boy of McKenna and his team.

Axle had a "I want to be first choice" type of game, even popping up for an assist. Different players but style recognisable from Burns, Donacien and Chaplin crafted goal v MK Dons last season.

Burns goes off injured, good afternoon Omari Hutchinson; is he up for it? Oh yeah.

Broadhead goes off, good afternoon Jeremy Sarmiento; a Pecuadorian* star gathering mass (experience and goals)
*not my creation - GF from Beds, in the shadow of Sir Bob post-war can take credit. Our Ecuadorian from Peckham, I said. "so he's a Pecuadorian". Said I'd steal that.

I won't second guess McKenna on who should or should not start, these guys coming off the bench have had some impact. Think I'll trust the man in charge.

Luongo & Morsy did what they have been doing for just over a year now. Worked hard, defended, attacked, probed, fouled and led by example.

Moore played his part and will be disappointed not to get on the scoresheet. Some of his passing was excellent, there was even a couple of powerful chest passes.

It's a squad game, and this squad appears together and hungry, no-one fluffing their opportunity when it knocks.

My only question about yesterday; why didn't Leif shoot?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 10:42 - Feb 25 with 2592 viewsKeno

"My wife hates ITFC, as she knows that they rival her in my heart, and have done for 23 years longer."

As I once said to my wife You are Ipswich are not rivals for my love Ipswich wins that hands down

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 10:57 - Feb 25 with 2511 viewsredrickstuhaart

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 10:42 - Feb 25 by Keno

"My wife hates ITFC, as she knows that they rival her in my heart, and have done for 23 years longer."

As I once said to my wife You are Ipswich are not rivals for my love Ipswich wins that hands down

I am guessing this is largely in jest, but if you really have to engage in subteruge to get to natches, that would be quite objectionable.

Imagine a man pressuring a spouse to prevent her doing something she enjoys and how that would be seen!
Why didn't Leif shoot? on 11:41 - Feb 25 with 2410 viewsStevieH

Whoops . Fat finger downvote
Why didn't Leif shoot? on 12:04 - Feb 25 with 2345 viewsRozz

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 10:42 - Feb 25 by Keno

Glad you had a good day of it!

FTM
Why didn't Leif shoot? on 12:39 - Feb 25 with 2229 viewsNthQldITFC

Dunno bud, but I'm sure you'll root out the answer before the thread branches off into a punathon!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 14:34 - Feb 25 with 2016 viewsVegtablue

Leif's shooting this season has been rubbish! Dribblers mostly. Never was his strength outside of FKs. He should start crossing the ball to fans directly behind the net rather than shooting into it.
Why didn't Leif shoot? on 16:32 - Feb 25 with 1864 viewsBluespeed225

Kiefers’ shot over the bar with just Ruddy to beat maybe miss of the season so far! It was harder to do what he did than hit the target!😂
Why didn't Leif shoot? on 16:47 - Feb 25 with 1824 viewsHelp

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but apart from the goalkeepers Leif is one of only three players who have not a scored for Ipswich this season. The others being burgess and Edmundson. However he does have the most assists.
Login to get fewer ads

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 17:20 - Feb 25 with 1742 viewsOldFart71

Not Spring yet.
Why didn't Leif shoot? on 18:46 - Feb 25 with 1633 viewsHanser

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 16:47 - Feb 25 by Help

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but apart from the goalkeepers Leif is one of only three players who have not a scored for Ipswich this season. The others being burgess and Edmundson. However he does have the most assists.

He's scored twice this season. Sadly not for Ipswich
Why didn't Leif shoot? on 19:18 - Feb 25 with 1553 viewsMisterBlue

Leif has put it in is own net a few times this season, does that count.
Why didn't Leif shoot? on 22:10 - Feb 25 with 1393 viewsVic

Leif’s don’t shoot.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 22:20 - Feb 25 with 1359 viewsjayessess

Anyone in your tour group with connections to our Jeremy Sarmiento? My experience of South London Ecuadorians was that everybody knew everybody!
[Post edited 25 Feb 22:21]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 22:29 - Feb 25 with 1322 viewsbournemouthblue

Leif should shoot more often, if there's one criticism you would have of him currently (not that there are many reasons to criticise him)

He needs to be scoring more goals, he has a cracking left foot, sometimes he should shoot!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 04:09 - Feb 26 with 1184 viewsacj

All 3 of them have scored (at the wrong end) this season.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 08:43 - Feb 26 with 978 viewsHerbivore

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 04:09 - Feb 26 by acj

All 3 of them have scored (at the wrong end) this season.

So we have three players on minus goal difference? They'd best sort that out between now and May.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why didn't Leif shoot? on 10:36 - Feb 26 with 817 viewsExiled2Surrey

The record of our CBs is more troubling than Leif's lack of goals - it is not as if Burgess and Edmondson haven't had great opportunities over the last couple of months...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024