Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So just to confirm other teams think we are 08:54 - Mar 5 with 2246 viewsKeno

Lucky
Dirty
A team of loanees

what else are we having thrown at us?

Great init!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 08:57 - Mar 5 with 2215 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

So basically what lots of our fan were saying about Plymouth last season....

Its crazy how many of our fans on twitter bite whenever we get called lucky. As you say, I love it, think its hilarious. Anyone who thinks you can luck your way to 70+ points in March is a comedian.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 08:57 - Mar 5 with 2212 viewsDanTheMan

Have massively overspent.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 09:05 - Mar 5 with 2173 viewsKeno

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 08:57 - Mar 5 by DanTheMan

oh yes I forgot that one

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 09:07 - Mar 5 with 2160 viewsBiGDonnie

Fooked financially if we don't go up.

A one man (Kmac) team

An absolute certainty to not finish top two and lose in the play off semi's.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 09:08 - Mar 5 with 2148 viewsIPS_wich

Yup - the Sunderland forum on the day we beat them to the Kieffer Moore loan was full of their fans saying we were breaching FFP and if we don't go up this year we are financially f***ed. Only a couple of their fans pointed out we were 16th in the league in terms of wage bill - but don't let that get in the way of a good narrative.

Oh - and to add one more from the weekend - Josh Smith is clearly on our payroll and has reffed us six times for no losses.
So just to confirm other teams think we are on 09:09 - Mar 5 with 2133 viewsKeno

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 08:57 - Mar 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

So basically what lots of our fan were saying about Plymouth last season....

Its crazy how many of our fans on twitter bite whenever we get called lucky. As you say, I love it, think its hilarious. Anyone who thinks you can luck your way to 70+ points in March is a comedian.

just luck that since the start of last season we have 173 points from 81 games during which time we have only lost 8 times

very lucky

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 09:53 - Mar 5 with 1945 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Apparently it’s luck that we haven’t had any red cards this season 😂😂

Poll: Our final position

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:03 - Mar 5 with 1887 viewsBlueBadger

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 09:53 - Mar 5 by southnorfolkblue

Apparently it’s luck that we haven’t had any red cards this season 😂😂

[redacted] will be along ion a minute to tell us that that's because our midfield is too ponderous to chase back and the defence just don't tackle anyone.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:14 - Mar 5 with 1841 viewsTangledupin_Blue

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 09:09 - Mar 5 by Keno

just luck that since the start of last season we have 173 points from 81 games during which time we have only lost 8 times

very lucky

...and one of those defeats was our 2-1 win at Preston.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:16 - Mar 5 with 1824 viewsNthQldITFC

So have I, and by the gods they ache. I'm off for a lie down once I've dunked it in some iced water.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:21 - Mar 5 with 1786 viewsTrumptonBlue

I read somewhere that other teams don't raise their game so much against us as they do against the bigger teams.
[Post edited 5 Mar 10:22]
So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:26 - Mar 5 with 1743 viewsNthQldITFC

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:21 - Mar 5 by TrumptonBlue

I read somewhere that other teams don't raise their game so much against us as they do against the bigger teams.
[Post edited 5 Mar 10:22]

We've only played the weaker teams so far.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:26 - Mar 5 with 1742 viewsKievthegreat

This is my favourite one.

Deflections/lucky? We've had some prominent examples so I can see people thinking that.

Loanee FC? Having Kieffer/Hutchinson/Sarmiento scoring so much raises their profile, but our other loans are a sideways move for Travis and an absent Williams. Overall we are making full use of the loan market to maximise our chances, true.

Overspent? Because we got Kieffer Moore in on loan? It's pure cope. "There must be SOME reason this L1 team is beating us, I bet they must be breaking the spending rules!" Even though we're 'over relying' on loans, we must be breaking the bank because we're too good!
[Post edited 5 Mar 10:40]
So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:29 - Mar 5 with 1716 viewsDanTheMan

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:26 - Mar 5 by Kievthegreat

Deflections/lucky? We've had some prominent examples so I can see people thinking that.

Loanee FC? Having Kieffer/Hutchinson/Sarmiento scoring so much raises their profile, but our other loans are a sideways move for Travis and an absent Williams. Overall we are making full use of the loan market to maximise our chances, true.

Overspent? Because we got Kieffer Moore in on loan? It's pure cope. "There must be SOME reason this L1 team is beating us, I bet they must be breaking the spending rules!" Even though we're 'over relying' on loans, we must be breaking the bank because we're too good!

It's bonkers really, the other teams around us have players that cost more than our entire squad. Most of our team was built in League One. If we're overspending then god help anyone who wants to compete with the teams with parachute payments.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:36 - Mar 5 with 1675 viewstextbackup

The deflections one gets me. We had what seemed about 10 seasons where we never took a shot from outside the box, so for us to now have these shots, and some go in off a defender… well, get fcked, I don’t care.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:52 - Mar 5 with 1593 viewsGuthrum

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:36 - Mar 5 by textbackup

The deflections one gets me. We had what seemed about 10 seasons where we never took a shot from outside the box, so for us to now have these shots, and some go in off a defender… well, get fcked, I don’t care.

That was always one of my biggest complaints, that we used to mess about, passing it out wide to cross back in when just shooting might have been more productive.

Look how many goals we've scored by following up on rebounds, as well. It's good tactics.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 11:07 - Mar 5 with 1523 viewsGuthrum

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 10:26 - Mar 5 by Kievthegreat

Some of it seems to be people looking at our last set of accounts - from 2021-22 in League One - and assuming that our income hasn't gone up that much, but wages have.

Which is ridiculous given the increase in ticket sales, merchandise, how often we've been on TV and the difference between the divisions in how much is received from the League (around three times as much*).

* In 2021-22, L1, we got £3.079m from the League and televised games. In 2018-19, last season in the Champ, £8.354m. It's probably gone up since then.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So just to confirm other teams think we are on 11:34 - Mar 5 with 1386 viewsChurchman

We are good at dirty tricks - we tapped up Whittaker last season to unsettle him
We pay Broadhead £45k pw and Kieffer more. We are FFP bankrupt if we don’t go up
We play like Luton (seen a few comments like that)
We are a load of lucky League One rubbish riding last season’s momentum
We will soon fade. Inevitable.

Back in 1961/62 season my dad went to the Spurs and Arsenal away games. He and his mates were in hysterics over the crowd response. ‘Load of rubbish’’can’t play football’’team of thugs’’worst Division One team I’ve ever seen’’lucky’ etc etc.

We won 3-1 at white Hart Lane and hammered Arse 3-0 at Highbury. They never knew what hit them.

The lesson is that being regarded that way has great advantages. You just rack up the results and leave the others complaining and scratching their heads at seasons end. McKenna is right. Focus on ourselves and let the rest whine.
So just to confirm other teams think we are on 12:28 - Mar 5 with 1205 viewsitfcsuth

They can call us lucky, loanees or dirty.

What we are is 2nd in the Championship on 75 points after 35 games.

You don't get there unless you're very good, and make no mistake, irrelevant of what any other supporter says, we are very very good.
So just to confirm other teams think we are on 12:43 - Mar 5 with 1148 viewsstrikalite

No real star players..

Heard that a few times
So just to confirm other teams think we are on 12:44 - Mar 5 with 1140 viewsBlueNomad

We've had loads of penalties while the opposition have missed theirs.
So just to confirm other teams think we are on 17:43 - Mar 5 with 834 viewsOldFart71

An average gate around 28,000 must help a smidgen and selling according to the CEO over 50,000 shirts last season and around 43,000 this. I would say there's many Premier League clubs who don't sell that many shirts and when you consider several don't get our size gates either. Obviously we will need to address the situation of loan player next season, but Moore was only brought in because of the Hirst injury.
So just to confirm other teams think we are on 17:49 - Mar 5 with 811 viewsMK1

The great thing is, we are non of those things and the opposition players and fans know it. Amazing that they are so jealous of little old Ipswich. If they carry on, then we are doing well. Long may it continue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024