Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? 10:10 - Mar 11 with 1544 viewsSitfcB

The next game seems so far away at the point, would’ve been bloody brilliant to hold on to the win and have a chance to go top over the international break.

Those two goals just seemed so avoidable and we’ve been so good at seeing games out lately, it’s a shame we didn’t manage to get our goal earlier as we would’ve pushed for another.

Gareth Ainsworth made at good point at the end of the coverage, if someone had offered us 6 wins and 1 loss out of the 7 games we’d have taken it, just sh!t when the manner of the loss was like that.

Couple of more days and I’ll be looking forward to the weekend!

COYB
[Post edited 11 Mar 10:15]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:23 - Mar 11 with 1474 viewsbaxterbasics

It's not nice that we got a taste of our own medicine for a change.

We seem to do much better when we let opposition score first - we need to do so with enough time to make a comeback which was not the case here.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:27 - Mar 11 with 1448 viewsKieran_Knows

Disappointing result, and the main annoyance for me is the late winner. You take the disappointment of conceding in the 95th minute, but you take the point and get out of there. But to go on and lose the game is incredibly unlike us.

Still, long way to go yet, plenty of points left to play for.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:33 - Mar 11 with 1426 viewstextbackup

I’m less annoyed about Saturday because it was utterly our own doing. We weren’t out played.

So as I passed the stadium this morning I sent positive vibes their way.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:37 - Mar 11 with 1402 viewspointofblue

This will probably get no end of down votes, and perhaps rightly so, but our recent performances worry me more than the defeat at Cardiff. And that includes the six game run. We were no better for the most part than Swansea, Rotherham, Birmingham, Plymouth or Bristol City - we held in there and, more often that not, nabbed a win late on. The only time we've turned up and dominated was at a crisis ridden Millwall.

If we want to go up automatically, or see off the better teams in the division in the play offs, we may need to show more than we are at the moment, depending how much Leicester and Southampton falter. I admit this might be utterly unreasonable - this season has been superb, whatever happens form this point onwards - but to get promoted I think we need to somehow find another gear. One which, annoyingly, we wouldn't require in seasons past.

But to return to Sitters point, would I think be thinking the above if we'd held on at Cardiff? Probably not.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:41 - Mar 11 with 1380 viewstextbackup

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:37 - Mar 11 by pointofblue

This will probably get no end of down votes, and perhaps rightly so, but our recent performances worry me more than the defeat at Cardiff. And that includes the six game run. We were no better for the most part than Swansea, Rotherham, Birmingham, Plymouth or Bristol City - we held in there and, more often that not, nabbed a win late on. The only time we've turned up and dominated was at a crisis ridden Millwall.

If we want to go up automatically, or see off the better teams in the division in the play offs, we may need to show more than we are at the moment, depending how much Leicester and Southampton falter. I admit this might be utterly unreasonable - this season has been superb, whatever happens form this point onwards - but to get promoted I think we need to somehow find another gear. One which, annoyingly, we wouldn't require in seasons past.

But to return to Sitters point, would I think be thinking the above if we'd held on at Cardiff? Probably not.

Lately we’ve played some crap teams, and at times, made hard work of it. Probably making ourselves extra shattered to Nick the points.

Of course it doesn’t matter in grand scheme of things as we did get those points.

But I wouldn’t say we’ve been really on top form.

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:45 - Mar 11 with 1358 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Watched the game back yesterday.

And felt much better about it until the 95th minute.

There really was very little in the first half. Cardiff slightly the better team but we dominated that 2nd half and without having lots of clear cut chances we deserved that goal, and what a finish by Kieffer. As KM said, would've been a very good away performance.

Just two moments of insanely bad defending. Of course there are elements of luck when a ball is bouncing around your box, it has to drop to the right place and it did and we didn't defend it at all well but as you and Ainsworth say, 6 wins in 7. It feels like a bad weekend because Leeds won. But last weekend we won, Leeds and Leicester lost and it was a great weekend. Loads of twists to come, just need to get back to winning ways vs Sheff Wed.

Not good for the heart this is it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:48 - Mar 11 with 1319 viewsbaxterbasics

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:45 - Mar 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

Watched the game back yesterday.

And felt much better about it until the 95th minute.

There really was very little in the first half. Cardiff slightly the better team but we dominated that 2nd half and without having lots of clear cut chances we deserved that goal, and what a finish by Kieffer. As KM said, would've been a very good away performance.

Just two moments of insanely bad defending. Of course there are elements of luck when a ball is bouncing around your box, it has to drop to the right place and it did and we didn't defend it at all well but as you and Ainsworth say, 6 wins in 7. It feels like a bad weekend because Leeds won. But last weekend we won, Leeds and Leicester lost and it was a great weekend. Loads of twists to come, just need to get back to winning ways vs Sheff Wed.

Not good for the heart this is it.

We keep saying how these late comebacks are not good for the old ticker. But after Saturday I definitely feel like I prefer a late comeback to a late capitulation!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 11:04 - Mar 11 with 1284 viewsGarv

There probably isn't enough credit going to Cardiff. We know they're lethal from set pieces and they were tidy enough in possession and worked their crossing opportunity for the first quite well. Once the ball was in the box anything could have happened.

We were probably due one of those results.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 11:23 - Mar 11 with 1225 viewsBseaBlue

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 10:41 - Mar 11 by textbackup

Lately we’ve played some crap teams, and at times, made hard work of it. Probably making ourselves extra shattered to Nick the points.

Of course it doesn’t matter in grand scheme of things as we did get those points.

But I wouldn’t say we’ve been really on top form.

I think that is a fair point about our form, but you can only beat what is in front of you and and this stage of the season it is all about results.

I think we have looked slightly lethargic and tired recently, but a week on the training ground and the international break comes at the right time to get everyone fresh for a final push.

I'm with you on your previous post though. I didn't feel overly concerned about the loss as it was entirely our doing. They are things that can be rectified.
Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 11:25 - Mar 11 with 1221 viewsSteve_M

Thought Ainsworth was good on Saturday, he obviously was paying attention to us well before August and it showed in his awareness of what we've done.

Not that i kept the TV on for very long after the final whistle....

Also, even within the last week, still better to take three points than have two draws but we should have held out for a draw at the very least Saturday.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 11:27 - Mar 11 with 1214 views_clive_baker_

I tend to try not let the result dictate the narrative, I try and look at the performance. I thought the first half was a bit 'meh', 2nd was much better and got ourselves ahead thanks to a really good strike. On balance Cardiff were probably good for a point, I think the win flattered them a bit. Having said that we've come out on the right side of enough tight games this season and sometimes we wont.

So yes, its annoying to lose it so late, proper kick in the balls. Normally losing an away game to a top half side isn't the end of the world, especially off the back of 6 consecutive wins, and it isn't now either. It just feels like it given the ridiculous pace the top 2 are setting.

Still, we're miles clear of 7th and the prospect of going to Norwich and derailing their playoff push is tasty. If they get 6th and we're 3rd, we've got another shot at screwing them over too. I don't think they'll fancy playing us.
Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 11:54 - Mar 11 with 1133 viewsChurchman

What’s done is done. Still very disappointed, but they didn’t do it deliberately and the credit goes to Cardiff. It happens.

Just learn from it is all I ask. And beat the hell out of Wednesday on Saturday with a good performance.
Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 11:57 - Mar 11 with 1102 viewsdirtyboy

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 11:04 - Mar 11 by Garv

There probably isn't enough credit going to Cardiff. We know they're lethal from set pieces and they were tidy enough in possession and worked their crossing opportunity for the first quite well. Once the ball was in the box anything could have happened.

We were probably due one of those results.

They're properly on form too.
Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 12:55 - Mar 11 with 958 viewsstrikalite

I still can't get over Charlton, 4-3 ffs...this just blends into that, you back off and back off then you invite it..
Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 13:01 - Mar 11 with 938 viewsBent_double

No, I think that's considered 'bedwetting' on here.

We lost, get over it and move onto the next one.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 13:04 - Mar 11 with 926 viewspennblue

It is reasonable to be annoyed, as the chance are, we have blown our chance of top two finish.

Why? Well that looked like one of our easier remaining fixtures. Leeds look like they have too much quality to drop many points in that run in, and Leicester also have premier league quality throughout their side so it is still wishful thinking that they will continue to slip up.

But it is football, and it could all still change. But this is not like last season where we had comparable squads to Plymouth and Sheff Wed, Leeds and Leicester have premier league squads already, and that for me puts them in pole position. I would even go as far to say it would be an embarrassment if they can't go up with those squads.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 13:09 - Mar 11 with 901 viewsHerbivore

Still feeling a bit miffed because it was so unlike us. It wasn't a vintage display by any means but was similar to a number of performances recently where we've grown into the game and dominated the ball second half. We got a good goal to go 1-0 up and it was looking like a proper solid away performance and result, the kind that wins titles. Then Taylor doesn't track his runner and they get the ball into the box too easily, we have the opportunity to hammer it clear but conspire to gently loft it 2 yards to their player, whose deflected shot flies in. It was frustrating because it's the first time since Rotherham where we've not seen it out when we should. To then concede a second (albeit it's another goal coming from a clear foul in the previous phase) from some more ropey defending was really disappointing. Burgess has been great this season but thought he didn't cover himself in glory for either goal, again quite unlike him as he usually defends the area well. One of those days that we thought were behind us and which largely gave been behind us. Frustrating, annoying, but we move on and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 13:13 - Mar 11 with 874 viewsMattinLondon

I’m still a tad annoyed but more in a ‘what could have been’ annoyance rather than a downright angry mode of it.

What I think works for us is that Leicester and Leeds are not playing before us or even at the same time. The team can hopefully relax and get a result against Wednesday. Hopefully a win on Saturday will put some sort of psychological pressure on Leeds who play a rejuvenated Millwall team on Sunday.

I’m really want Leicester to win against Chelsea as the FA Cup might act as a distraction from their league duties.
Do you need a hamper? (n/t) on 13:13 - Mar 11 with 867 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 13:22 - Mar 11 with 831 viewstextbackup

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 13:13 - Mar 11 by MattinLondon

I’m still a tad annoyed but more in a ‘what could have been’ annoyance rather than a downright angry mode of it.

What I think works for us is that Leicester and Leeds are not playing before us or even at the same time. The team can hopefully relax and get a result against Wednesday. Hopefully a win on Saturday will put some sort of psychological pressure on Leeds who play a rejuvenated Millwall team on Sunday.

I’m really want Leicester to win against Chelsea as the FA Cup might act as a distraction from their league duties.

I’m convinced Millwall get a point from leeds.

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 14:53 - Mar 11 with 701 viewsMattinLondon

Is it right to still be annoyed about Saturday? on 13:22 - Mar 11 by textbackup

I’m convinced Millwall get a point from leeds.

They will be a harder test than what Wednesday offered up that’s for sure. Neil Harris will demand a lot from his team who are still in a relegation scrap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024