Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season 16:26 - Apr 14 with 2148 viewsringwoodblue

Of course, it’s amazing to have only lost 6 games in the Championship at this stage of the season but I think if we had taken a few more risks and pushed a bit harder to win 2 or 3 of those games and maybe lost 2 or 3 others, we’d be 5-7 points ahead by now. I can see us drawing at least one more game of the last three if we don’t go all out for the win. Am I being unfair on McK and the team do you think?

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:28 - Apr 14 with 1799 viewsHerbivore

Can you point me in the direction of the games where we haven't gone for the win please? I think you are being really unfair, yes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:31 - Apr 14 with 1762 viewsDennyx4

Think that’s a little unfair, we have pushed for late winners in many games and have scored a lot of late goals. You do not get that if you are settling for draws.

3 games to go, 3 wins guarantees promotion, may not need that much, but that is what we need to aim for.
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:38 - Apr 14 with 1723 viewssmithy69

Massively

It’s almost like you haven’t watched a game this season , if you think we don’t try and win games. Lol
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:38 - Apr 14 with 1730 viewsringwoodblue

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:28 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

Can you point me in the direction of the games where we haven't gone for the win please? I think you are being really unfair, yes.

If I had to name specific games, I’d say QPR at home, Stoke away and Rotherham away although the last one was more a case of not being able to hold onto a lead rather than not going all out for the win
[Post edited 14 Apr 16:39]

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:48 - Apr 14 with 1636 viewsfranz_tyson

I think you're unfair to say we should have gone harder for a win. I think we're naturally an attacking side who always go for the win and are likely to leave ourselves a bit vulnerable at the back..... hence the draws by virtue of maybe leaving ourselves a bit open and leaking some cheap goals.
You could make an argument to be more defensive...but then we'd obviously be less of an attacking force.
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't win both or one of the last two so that we'd have a bit of breathing space at the top, but if you read around the forum the smart view is that our rivals will keep on dropping points and we just need to win 2 out of 3( with Huddersfield a guaranteed win and both Hull and Coventry nothing to play for). And we only dipped a bit in form because of illness. Hence, we're as good as promoted...
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:50 - Apr 14 with 1608 viewsEastTownBlue

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:38 - Apr 14 by ringwoodblue

If I had to name specific games, I’d say QPR at home, Stoke away and Rotherham away although the last one was more a case of not being able to hold onto a lead rather than not going all out for the win

We scored a late goal at Rotherham, sadly they scored a later equaliser.

For QPR (but less so against Stoke) we were down to the bare bones with injuries, illness and Morsy’s suspension.
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 17:46 - Apr 14 with 1449 viewsStewart27

Have you ever watched us play?

Genuine question.
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 18:16 - Apr 14 with 1346 viewspointofblue

I do think the number of draws may cost us - we'd be in a better position if we split the eleven draws into five wins and six defeats - but that's not down to us not going for it in those games.

ETA - Or even four wins and seven defeats.
[Post edited 14 Apr 18:51]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 18:39 - Apr 14 with 1298 viewsChurchman

Look at it another way. I’ve just watch Arsenal and Liverpool lose in the PL title chase at home against teams you’d expect them to beat. Leeds and Leicester lost over the weekend. We got a draw.

It’s a cliche but if you cannot win, don’t lose. Every point matters even if it’s not the three you hope for.

I don’t think we could have pushed any harder. Had we tried to, we’d have probably lost. It’s about balance and trusting the way you play. That was applicable in Mick’s time with the way he played and it is now with McKenna’s very attack minded approach. Tbf to him, I’ve never seen us set out for a draw as I have done with more than one of his predecessors.

So in conclusion, yes, I think you are being hard on KM and the team.
[Post edited 14 Apr 19:30]
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 18:48 - Apr 14 with 1268 viewsHerbivore

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:38 - Apr 14 by ringwoodblue

We pushed for the win in all of those games, ffs. We scored what we thought was a late winner at Rotherham before getting hit with a sucker punch at the end. Stoke and QPR we were massively depleted but were still trying to push for all three points in both those games.

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 19:15 - Apr 14 with 1207 viewsTrumptonBlue

Stoke went very defensive - understandably - when they went down to ten. It was very difficult to create opportunities after that.
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 19:45 - Apr 14 with 1135 viewsArnieM

A lot of those drawn games have come at home when we’ve been in total control of games only to concede a goal to the opposition, usually in the first opportunity to attack, and we’ve not defended the ball coming into our box! We’ve then spent the majority of the game trying to get back on level terms. We concede too many goals at home ( double that of our promotion rivals). The response ,” well that’s because we play such an attacking game and that’s the side effect of our style of play “, is frankly, a load of old tosh.

Our defence should be able to deal with the ball when it comes into our box. But we don’t do it very well and have conceded soft goals on too many occasions this season. Yesterday’s goal against was once again during a period of Town dominance, and yet again conceded on the right side of our box. That’s a Fact I’m afraid! It was yet again POOR defending. Interesting that no one raised that point on here. It’s laughable defending from the defensive messiah to some of you on here. But he’s such a golden bollox to you ,that you refuse to acknowledge his defensive deficiencies.

I said months ago our weak defending could potentially cost us. I’m hoping to God that it doesn’t but the original poster is not wrong in his comments. But as usual on here, if you have a view that differs from the clique, you’re abused for it. When we’ve scored multiple goals that defensive weakness is papered over, and fair few on here either refuse to see that weakness or are simply blind to it.

If we are even on points at the end of the season it’s the play offs for us, and quite likely against the scum : and we all should be aware of the likely outcome of that. 20points ahead of them or not , it would be a criminal outcome IMHO , just because we can bloody defend properly!

Down arrow away fellas. Couldn’t give a crap now.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 19:51 - Apr 14 with 1119 viewsHerbivore

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 19:45 - Apr 14 by ArnieM

A lot of those drawn games have come at home when we’ve been in total control of games only to concede a goal to the opposition, usually in the first opportunity to attack, and we’ve not defended the ball coming into our box! We’ve then spent the majority of the game trying to get back on level terms. We concede too many goals at home ( double that of our promotion rivals). The response ,” well that’s because we play such an attacking game and that’s the side effect of our style of play “, is frankly, a load of old tosh.

Our defence should be able to deal with the ball when it comes into our box. But we don’t do it very well and have conceded soft goals on too many occasions this season. Yesterday’s goal against was once again during a period of Town dominance, and yet again conceded on the right side of our box. That’s a Fact I’m afraid! It was yet again POOR defending. Interesting that no one raised that point on here. It’s laughable defending from the defensive messiah to some of you on here. But he’s such a golden bollox to you ,that you refuse to acknowledge his defensive deficiencies.

I said months ago our weak defending could potentially cost us. I’m hoping to God that it doesn’t but the original poster is not wrong in his comments. But as usual on here, if you have a view that differs from the clique, you’re abused for it. When we’ve scored multiple goals that defensive weakness is papered over, and fair few on here either refuse to see that weakness or are simply blind to it.

If we are even on points at the end of the season it’s the play offs for us, and quite likely against the scum : and we all should be aware of the likely outcome of that. 20points ahead of them or not , it would be a criminal outcome IMHO , just because we can bloody defend properly!

Or maybe you're just wrong? Two of our home draws have been 0-0 so I'm struggling to see how they were the result of poor defending. We've won 15 of 22 at home, only Leeds have accrued more points at home than us this season. Imagine if we weren't actually great, I'm not sure how you'd cope when you manage to be this negative about a side having such a fantastic season.

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 19:53 - Apr 14 with 1112 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t think we’ve drawn enough. If we’d got another one back against Leeds at home, got one back against Norwich and held out for the last minute at Cardiff, we’d be 3 points better off.

You can frame the draws in different ways, as per above. We’ve more draws than those around us, true, but we’re having to fight for every point and have by far the weaker squad than those around us. And there were games we narrowly lost we could have drawn. It is what it is.
[Post edited 14 Apr 19:58]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 19:54 - Apr 14 with 1109 viewsSomethingBlue

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 19:45 - Apr 14 by ArnieM

You seem very angry about being top of the table with three games to play.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:04 - Apr 14 with 1072 viewsHerbivore

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 19:54 - Apr 14 by SomethingBlue

You seem very angry about being top of the table with three games to play.

It's actually bonkers. Imagine spending the entire season pissing your underwear over the defence and Woolfenden in particular rather than enjoying how absolutely bloody brilliant we've been.

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:06 - Apr 14 with 1063 viewspointofblue

It was actually Morsy with a poor back pass to Hladky followed by Tuanzebe not marking his man properly but keep slagging off Woolfenden as you get off on it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:18 - Apr 14 with 1029 viewsStewart27

Christ you really do dislike the club don’t you? Another hobby would be so much better for you and your health.

Citing our defensive woes at home. Can’t ever remember us being this good at home - ever.

We see delusional rambling but you’ve just taken it to new levels.
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:19 - Apr 14 with 1024 viewsSawtrich

Every fan of every club has nagging doubts about every point they've dropped until they actually win something. We've 'gone for it' all season.
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:20 - Apr 14 with 1020 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

You having equally as terrible a take as the OP is not quite the defence you think it is.
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:21 - Apr 14 with 1015 viewsfranz_tyson

Must be doing something right, old girl..... we are top of the league.

I'm a bit negative at times and get a bit cheesed off when some put too much of a positive spin on things, but I'm still loving it. You sound as if you're absolutely hating this season. Just a bit bizarre.
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:25 - Apr 14 with 1003 viewsHerbivore

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:21 - Apr 14 by franz_tyson

Must be doing something right, old girl..... we are top of the league.

I'm a bit negative at times and get a bit cheesed off when some put too much of a positive spin on things, but I'm still loving it. You sound as if you're absolutely hating this season. Just a bit bizarre.

I'm curious, in your opinion what constitutes too positive a spin on a season where we've defied all expectations and sit top with three games left to play?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:25 - Apr 14 with 1000 viewsSwansea_Blue

I partly understand where you’re coming from. It’s very frustrating to dominate teams and not kill them off. We’re not the first team to experience that though and won’t be the last. Our ‘problems’ at both ends probably comes down to quality of players. A bit extra quality at both ends and we’d have a few more points on the board. But at the end of the day, in our first season in the Championship with a team largely assembled in L1, we’re more than holding our own against teams full of PL experience. We having a cracking season. Best since Burley’s boys. It unrealistic to expect us to do any better.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:30 - Apr 14 with 984 viewshomer_123

So, you do understand that there is a balance.

If we are tighter at the back it always comes at a cost. Invariably this means you are less of a threat going forward. You can't have both.

All the evidence under KM pointsc o the fact that his approach of a high press, possession based attacking team is the right one.

I have said to you before. I have no issues calling out mistakes or errors or things we could improve. But like billm, you have no balance or objectivity to your posts....merely criticism with little to no thought.

What's the wider picture? How does our approach look in the round? What is KM trying to achieve? How is he going about that with a budget significantly less than many in this division? Tactically how do we compare to others?

You give no credence, thought or consideration to anything other than a repetitive, blinkered, uninformed, uneducated stand that you have repeated ad infinitum.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:32 - Apr 14 with 979 viewshomer_123

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:25 - Apr 14 by Swansea_Blue

I partly understand where you’re coming from. It’s very frustrating to dominate teams and not kill them off. We’re not the first team to experience that though and won’t be the last. Our ‘problems’ at both ends probably comes down to quality of players. A bit extra quality at both ends and we’d have a few more points on the board. But at the end of the day, in our first season in the Championship with a team largely assembled in L1, we’re more than holding our own against teams full of PL experience. We having a cracking season. Best since Burley’s boys. It unrealistic to expect us to do any better.

Or, consider that because we are actually effective at what we do, teams want to stifle us.

Even the very best teams in the Country and World struggle when the oppo plays 5 at the back with 2 cdms and a cm.

Very, very tough for any team to breakdown.

It's not a lack of quality...more a victim of our own success.
[Post edited 14 Apr 20:44]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024