Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football is such a strange industry 12:50 - Apr 17 with 3530 viewsChrisd

Leam Richardson whom so many were singing his praises, when Paul Cook took over here gets the boot from Rotherham United

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68834834

His stock was so high when he managed Wigan Athletic. Football is indeed a funny old game as one great man said.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Football is such a strange industry on 12:53 - Apr 17 with 2856 viewsstrikalite

Yeah was just thinking the same, Rotherham wasn't a good fit for him, it would have taken some time to change the way they wanted to play, he was never going to get that time..
Football is such a strange industry on 12:56 - Apr 17 with 2836 viewsSitfcB

Steve Evans is a rascal.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Football is such a strange industry on 13:00 - Apr 17 with 2799 viewstonybied

This is exactly the reason why I don't believe it when people state that McKenna definitely wouldn't jump at a settled mid-table prem team. if one was serious about getting him and showed a little ambition I don't think it's that unlikely. Managerial careers can turn on a sixpence and you have to ride the wave whilst you can.
Football is such a strange industry on 13:03 - Apr 17 with 2743 viewsChrisd

Football is such a strange industry on 12:56 - Apr 17 by SitfcB

Steve Evans is a rascal.

No loyalty in football....Exhibit A right there!

Football is such a strange industry on 13:13 - Apr 17 with 2660 viewshype313

Football is such a strange industry on 13:03 - Apr 17 by Chrisd

Loyalty in football vanished years ago, it's a two way street, if you're riding on the crest of a wave i.e. McKenna, then if a Villa came calling then it's a no brainer, equally if he was having a torrid time the club would terminate his services without question.

Look after number 1, especially in the world of football.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Football is such a strange industry on 13:17 - Apr 17 with 2627 viewsMiaow

Football is such a strange industry on 13:03 - Apr 17 by Chrisd

Pukka Pies are one of Rotherham United’s commercial partners, so he will presumably be paid in baked goods.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Football is such a strange industry on 13:20 - Apr 17 with 2586 viewsChrisd

Football is such a strange industry on 13:17 - Apr 17 by Miaow

Pukka Pies are one of Rotherham United’s commercial partners, so he will presumably be paid in baked goods.

Well that makes total sense, I take it all back Mr Evans.

Football is such a strange industry on 13:22 - Apr 17 with 2569 viewsyorkshireblue

Evans should never have been allowed to work in football again following his antics at Boston United.
Login to get fewer ads

Football is such a strange industry on 13:30 - Apr 17 with 2500 viewsSitfcB

Football is such a strange industry on 13:17 - Apr 17 by Miaow

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Football is such a strange industry on 13:51 - Apr 17 with 2328 viewsHelp

Prediction for next year. Rotherham to sack Evans by Christmas. Rotherham to never get above Stevenage in the league during his tenure
Football is such a strange industry on 13:52 - Apr 17 with 2318 viewsEuropablue

Football is such a strange industry on 13:00 - Apr 17 by tonybied

This is exactly the reason why I don't believe it when people state that McKenna definitely wouldn't jump at a settled mid-table prem team. if one was serious about getting him and showed a little ambition I don't think it's that unlikely. Managerial careers can turn on a sixpence and you have to ride the wave whilst you can.

Managers have to be smart about managing their careers as well because it's always a risk changing clubs. Rotherham was clearly a risk for Richardson. KM could manage a mid-table Prem team next years without unsettling his family. He worked his alchemy on our squad, having said that many of the key players were here before he joined. Would he really want to do that all again? If we get promoted we narrow down the options for teams to take him off us and make it much more expensive. If I were Man Utd. I would give KM a 5 year contract and get him to lead the rebuild with a competent CEO.
Football is such a strange industry on 13:53 - Apr 17 with 2318 viewsBasuco

And Steven Schumacher at Stoke, after doing a fantastic job wining the L1 title at Plymouth, looks out of his depth at Stoke.
Football is such a strange industry on 13:53 - Apr 17 with 2306 viewsReus30

Football is such a strange industry on 13:30 - Apr 17 by SitfcB

I don't think we should be posting Joey's tweets on here. I get that Evans is not a decent fella, but to call him a pig is a bit far.

We don't really want to give the guy airtime because he is a cont.

It makes sense from Evan's POV, one last payday at a far bigger club. Why not.
Football is such a strange industry on 13:54 - Apr 17 with 2304 viewsEuropablue

Steve Evans is a rascal.

It's hardly fair to have a double jeopardy. Rotherham should not be punished further than relegation.
Football is such a strange industry on 13:55 - Apr 17 with 2295 viewsEuropablue

Football is such a strange industry on 13:13 - Apr 17 by hype313

Loyalty in football vanished years ago, it's a two way street, if you're riding on the crest of a wave i.e. McKenna, then if a Villa came calling then it's a no brainer, equally if he was having a torrid time the club would terminate his services without question.

To an extent. Loyalty gives you a bit of extra time. We would be fine with just about any manager if they were successful, but would turn quickly on a Russel Martin or similar.
Football is such a strange industry on 14:00 - Apr 17 with 2255 viewsEuropablue

Football is such a strange industry on 13:53 - Apr 17 by Reus30

I don't think we should be posting Joey's tweets on here. I get that Evans is not a decent fella, but to call him a pig is a bit far.

We don't really want to give the guy airtime because he is a cont.

It makes sense from Evan's POV, one last payday at a far bigger club. Why not.

Try looking at that photo, then look at a pig, then tell me you see a difference.
With Joey Barton I find it funny that he was a violent thug and physically harmed a fair few people, and he got a pass for that because he was quite a good footballer. Now he says a few means things and he can't be tolerated. It does seem to be because he's not good enough at anything for people to ignore his character flaws and behaviour.
Football is such a strange industry on 14:02 - Apr 17 with 2241 viewsEuropablue

Football is such a strange industry on 13:53 - Apr 17 by Basuco

And Steven Schumacher at Stoke, after doing a fantastic job wining the L1 title at Plymouth, looks out of his depth at Stoke.

The Stoke job just looks like it's a graveyard for arrogant managers. I think you have to give Schumacher a chance to have a full pre-season before you judge too harshly, but they have to stay up at all costs before then.
Football is such a strange industry on 14:03 - Apr 17 with 2235 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Steve Evans is a rascal.

Shocker of an appointment. Rotherham may struggle to yo yo back up next year, need an overhaul. Would you want Evans to do that? Short signed and wiuldnbe better keeping Leam IMO

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Football is such a strange industry on 14:06 - Apr 17 with 2202 viewsitfcjoe

Football is such a strange industry on 13:51 - Apr 17 by Help

Prediction for next year. Rotherham to sack Evans by Christmas. Rotherham to never get above Stevenage in the league during his tenure

No chance, Evans does a good job wherever he goes and he's took a bang average L2 side in Stevenage up to pushing for a play off place in L1....they will drop like a stone without him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football is such a strange industry on 14:14 - Apr 17 with 2142 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

People spoke (like it was a fact) that Cook was struggling because he didn't have Richardson, who was the real brains behind the operation. But it may just have been simply that they worked well together.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Football is such a strange industry on 14:41 - Apr 17 with 1959 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Shows why KM needs to pick his next club carefully (hopefully not soon).

He's class, but needs a patient owner who will give him time to implement his style.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Football is such a strange industry on 14:49 - Apr 17 with 1917 viewsReus30

Football is such a strange industry on 14:00 - Apr 17 by Europablue

Try looking at that photo, then look at a pig, then tell me you see a difference.
With Joey Barton I find it funny that he was a violent thug and physically harmed a fair few people, and he got a pass for that because he was quite a good footballer. Now he says a few means things and he can't be tolerated. It does seem to be because he's not good enough at anything for people to ignore his character flaws and behaviour.

He never got a pass for his violent past nor was he a good footballer either.

Don't imply that I am offended because he writes mean stuff on twitter. I am saying that wouldn't just band around his tweets because he is a div. Nor would I appreciate it if we started putting up Andrew Tate tweets or Piers Morgan tweets or whoever but it's not an issue.

Ok, if you are comfortable chucking around insults then that's up to you.
Football is such a strange industry on 14:55 - Apr 17 with 1883 viewsjayessess

Football is such a strange industry on 14:06 - Apr 17 by itfcjoe

No chance, Evans does a good job wherever he goes and he's took a bang average L2 side in Stevenage up to pushing for a play off place in L1....they will drop like a stone without him

Yeah, people treat him as a comedy figure, but his track record is good - four promotions on his CV, plus kept Rotherham in the Championship. Done more good jobs than bad.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Football is such a strange industry on 15:09 - Apr 17 with 1803 viewsRyorry

Football is such a strange industry on 13:13 - Apr 17 by hype313

I think McKenna & Gamechanger are (thankfully) very different to most other owners & managers of clubs.

Might be wrong, but couldn't see him going anywhere other than ManU come the summer, whichever tier we're in; & I think they'd be unlikely to offer him that job at this stage in his career. Tho they might of course look at what's happened here with Gamechanger & him, and go "hmmm" ... 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Football is such a strange industry on 15:36 - Apr 17 with 1710 viewshype313

Football is such a strange industry on 15:09 - Apr 17 by Ryorry

I think McKenna & Gamechanger are (thankfully) very different to most other owners & managers of clubs.

Might be wrong, but couldn't see him going anywhere other than ManU come the summer, whichever tier we're in; & I think they'd be unlikely to offer him that job at this stage in his career. Tho they might of course look at what's happened here with Gamechanger & him, and go "hmmm" ... 🤔

By all accounts Utd have their new man already sorted, and to be honest I think McKenna would have to do at least a season in the PL, can't see Utd plucking a Championship manager currently, regardless of previous history.

But I could certainly see him at a Villa or Brighton if we didn't go up.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024