Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? 09:12 - Apr 18 with 2767 viewsMaySixth

see it time and time again

lose - be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).
"I've lost my appetite"

loose - not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
"a loose tooth"
[Post edited 18 Apr 9:13]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:15 - Apr 18 with 1654 viewsDarkBrandon

“Would of”
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:23 - Apr 18 with 1620 viewsNthQldITFC

I too, am quite adverse to that sort of thing.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:26 - Apr 18 with 1617 viewsKieran_Knows

Billy Sharpe instead of Billy Sharp.

It really isn't that hard to get that right.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:29 - Apr 18 with 1603 viewsUSA

Happy belated birthday instead of Belated Happy Birthday is my frustration
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:31 - Apr 18 with 1597 viewsEdwardStone

One of the very few things that irks me is the incorrect spelling when referring to loathesome Leeds born peadophile

His name is spelled Savile....not Saville

There is a handy reminder in the last part of his name...

Evil spelled backwards,,, a vile man
[Post edited 18 Apr 11:01]
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:40 - Apr 18 with 1572 viewsnoggin

You loost me.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:43 - Apr 18 with 1544 viewsWeWereZombies

Is that the only misunderstanding that annoys you or are there any other pacific examples ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:56 - Apr 18 with 1495 viewsslump

Bunch of loosers...

UTT

Login to get fewer ads

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:57 - Apr 18 with 1494 viewsgainsboroughblue

When you have a name that can spelled two (or more) different ways and you send somebody a work email (which obviously shows the correct spelling), then the fecker replies saying 'Hi (wrong spelling), thank you for your email.

Boils my pi$$ that

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:57 - Apr 18 with 1489 viewsgeg1992

How about when people put a space before the question mark?

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:59 - Apr 18 with 1484 viewsEatonBlue

Also there and their. And misuse of an apostrophe such as in video's.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:00 - Apr 18 with 1474 viewstonybied

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:57 - Apr 18 by gainsboroughblue

When you have a name that can spelled two (or more) different ways and you send somebody a work email (which obviously shows the correct spelling), then the fecker replies saying 'Hi (wrong spelling), thank you for your email.

Boils my pi$$ that

Yeah, that one really grinds my gears too. I mean it's right there for you to copy and paste, if you need, so there's no excuse for not getting it right!!!! There's no "H" in my name!!!!!
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:01 - Apr 18 with 1464 viewsHelp

Schedule and schedule. Americanisms for pronouncing words creeping into the English language.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:03 - Apr 18 with 1452 viewsKropotkin123

Love how your example of "lose" in a sentence is "lost" 😂

Lose, choose, fuse... loose, juice, truce, misuse... English language creates confusion with inconsistent spelling, so not shocking that people get it wrong.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:05 - Apr 18 with 1430 viewstonybied

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:57 - Apr 18 by geg1992

...or a full stop after it!!!
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:07 - Apr 18 with 1409 viewsWeWereZombies

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:57 - Apr 18 by geg1992

Jealous of people who are adhering to a better style guide, eh ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:23 - Apr 18 with 1358 viewsbaxterbasics

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:40 - Apr 18 by noggin

You loost me.

I think you'll find it's "loosed"

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:37 - Apr 18 with 1290 viewsweepingx2018

and they're, their, there.......ugh
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:47 - Apr 18 with 1254 viewsexeterblue10

'really unique', 'very unique', 'quite unique' etc. Something is either unique or it isn't. GRRRR!!
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:54 - Apr 18 with 1236 viewssaffers12

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:47 - Apr 18 by exeterblue10

'really unique', 'very unique', 'quite unique' etc. Something is either unique or it isn't. GRRRR!!

Literally in any sentence adds nothing to the sentence.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:55 - Apr 18 with 1231 viewsParky

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:26 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

Billy Sharpe instead of Billy Sharp.

It really isn't that hard to get that right.

Morsey
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:02 - Apr 18 with 1182 viewsRocky

There's been a lot of "are" instead of "our" recently.
As in "Let's get behind are team."
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:07 - Apr 18 with 1150 viewsfranz_tyson

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:31 - Apr 18 by EdwardStone

One of the very few things that irks me is the incorrect spelling when referring to loathesome Leeds born peadophile

His name is spelled Savile....not Saville

There is a handy reminder in the last part of his name...

Evil spelled backwards,,, a vile man
[Post edited 18 Apr 11:01]

Paedophile
And “allowed” and “aloud” on 11:07 - Apr 18 with 1158 viewsEJP

I blame Girls Aloud for that one, as an entire generation now believes it’s the correct spelling of “allowed” due to their band name.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:09 - Apr 18 with 1142 viewsKieran_Knows

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:55 - Apr 18 by Parky

Morsey

Oh god, that's absolutely the worst one at the minute.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024