Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And that is why 18:14 - Apr 21 with 3214 viewsTresBonne

VAR is the worst invention to the game in a long time. It completely ruins it for the normal, match-going supporter. To have a moment like that as a Cov fan and it gets snatched away from you. Unbelieavable

I thought it was clear and obvious errors only?! Well if Haji Wright is offside by a toenail, that shouldn't be a clear and obvious error, that's an easy thing to miss. No one spotted it in real time did they.

Please Coventry, win this for the universe's karma to be restored.
10000% this!! on 18:55 - Apr 21 with 751 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

And that is why on 18:32 - Apr 21 by cooperd5

They draw the line but cannot be certain at point of ball release, it's at risk of a load of human error and judgement .
He was in line for me in real time and I don't see VAR can decide otherwise with absolute certainty

VAR is not accurate enough to rule a player as bring an inch off side!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

And that is why on 18:59 - Apr 21 with 732 viewsCrawfordsboot

Just think had VAR been used in our games against Nodge, and the linos effside errors corrected, we might be top of the league and almost home and drynow, with Nodge outside the playoffs!

There’s a lot to be said for using VAR to get it right
🤔
And that is why on 18:59 - Apr 21 with 728 viewsnoggin

And that is why on 18:25 - Apr 21 by Crawfordsboot

It was offside -simple.
Toenail - so what. Would you accept toe, or ankle, or leg, or I metre.
Offside is offside. VAR is excellent on factual stuff.

Depends if it goes for you or against you.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

And that is why on 19:04 - Apr 21 with 698 viewsOldFart71

Sadly they won't scrap VAR as that then shows those in charge for what they are, a bunch of useless so and so's. Offsides, handball have all been farcical, along with allowing play to continue when a player is offside only to then wave the flag when a player touches the ball. I agree last season we played teams who wasted so much time that there should have been a lot of extra time. But this 15 to 20 minutes that's going on now is absurd. How long before we have three thirds instead of two halves.
And that is why on 19:07 - Apr 21 with 674 viewsgtsb1966

And that is why on 19:04 - Apr 21 by OldFart71

Sadly they won't scrap VAR as that then shows those in charge for what they are, a bunch of useless so and so's. Offsides, handball have all been farcical, along with allowing play to continue when a player is offside only to then wave the flag when a player touches the ball. I agree last season we played teams who wasted so much time that there should have been a lot of extra time. But this 15 to 20 minutes that's going on now is absurd. How long before we have three thirds instead of two halves.

That rule of only putting the flag up later does my head in. Such (another) stupid rule.
And that is why on 19:07 - Apr 21 with 670 viewsOldFart71

And that is why on 18:48 - Apr 21 by Poultman

You could argue the Manure defender has the advantage as he is facing and running in the right direction whereas Wright is pretty much stationary on the half turn

Why a blue and purple line ? A manufactured offside ?
And that is why on 19:09 - Apr 21 with 651 viewsWickets

It was offside -simple.

That was level always has been and always will be , level is not offside !
And that is why on 20:12 - Apr 21 with 534 viewsPlums

While I'm no fan of VAR for the reason you've described. In this instance, it appears to have been used to confirm a lino's correct decision - which is good.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

And that is why on 20:30 - Apr 21 with 502 viewsSitfcB

It was offside -simple.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

And that is why on 20:51 - Apr 21 with 469 viewsUSA

And that is why on 18:34 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

It was not level. You keep saying this everywhere but it wasn't. He was a toenail offside. Barely anything, yes, but something.

If VAR did not exist and it had been given, would United be moaning about it not being given? No chance. But if they go down the route of making it subjective it gets messy. At the moment offside is objective.

Perhaps it would be better if VAR was scrapped.

Or scrap offside
And that is why on 20:51 - Apr 21 with 469 viewsGavTWTD

It was offside -simple.

Whats the margin of error of var?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

And that is why on 20:57 - Apr 21 with 458 viewsgtsb1966

And that is why on 20:51 - Apr 21 by GavTWTD

Whats the margin of error of var?

Depends who you play for.
And that is why on 20:57 - Apr 21 with 456 viewssouthnorfolkblue

And that is why on 18:29 - Apr 21 by FrimleyBlue

Before the introduction into VAR that goal wouldn't have been talked about for being offside. It would have just been the good old fashioned advantage to the striker.

Still think it's absolutely daft to chalk a goal off for being half an inch offside.

Is the real issue VAR or the offside rule itself?

Personally I’d change the rule so that offside is judged by foot position only, rather than any part of the body and if any part of the attacker’s foot is in line with the defender it’s deemed level

Poll: Our final position

And that is why on 20:57 - Apr 21 with 460 viewsPhilTWTD

Although on the other hand Norwich's goal yesterday and both of theirs at Portman Road would have been disallowed.

More seriously, it needs to go.
And that is why on 21:05 - Apr 21 with 424 viewsgtsb1966

And that is why on 20:57 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Although on the other hand Norwich's goal yesterday and both of theirs at Portman Road would have been disallowed.

More seriously, it needs to go.

It could stay if you simplified offside. You cannot measure millimetres for offside with the pace of the game. Just say clear daylight .
And that is why on 21:21 - Apr 21 with 407 viewsPhilTWTD

And that is why on 21:05 - Apr 21 by gtsb1966

It could stay if you simplified offside. You cannot measure millimetres for offside with the pace of the game. Just say clear daylight .

No, and particularly when it's been shown their technology isn't at a high enough frame rate to conclusively make the decisions which are being made.
And that is why on 21:31 - Apr 21 with 393 viewsredrickstuhaart

And that is why on 21:05 - Apr 21 by gtsb1966

Doesnt help at all. A milimetre of daylight is the same margin.
And that is why on 21:44 - Apr 21 with 371 viewsgtsb1966

And that is why on 21:31 - Apr 21 by redrickstuhaart

Doesnt help at all. A milimetre of daylight is the same margin.

I'm not saying it's perfect but think it would massively reduce these bad decisions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024