Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perhaps a little more civility... 11:39 - Apr 22 with 3215 viewsPhilTWTD

I know there are contentious issues being discussed at present but I think they could be discussed in a more civil manner and I don't think there's any need for new threads on issues that already have plenty covering them.
Perhaps a little more civility... on 11:52 - Apr 22 with 2302 viewsZapers

I can only think it’s designed to wind people up, otherwise, what’s the point!
Perhaps a little more civility... on 11:58 - Apr 22 with 2268 viewsNeedhamChris

Does that apply to threads during matches? We tend to have tonnes of those compared to others that have a 'match' thread.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:00 - Apr 22 with 2247 views_clive_baker_

Perhaps a little more civility... on 11:52 - Apr 22 by Zapers

I can only think it’s designed to wind people up, otherwise, what’s the point!

Almost certainly. Why contribute to the thread that already exists on the topic when you can start a new, contrarian one and get some attention?

Usual suspects though isn’t it.
Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:06 - Apr 22 with 2194 viewsnoggin

Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:00 - Apr 22 by _clive_baker_

Almost certainly. Why contribute to the thread that already exists on the topic when you can start a new, contrarian one and get some attention?

Usual suspects though isn’t it.

What if I have the starter of the other thread on ignore then? Anyway, Phil has stopped me 'crossing the road' and I'm ok with that. Move on all you board prefects.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:10 - Apr 22 with 2163 views_clive_baker_

Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:06 - Apr 22 by noggin

What if I have the starter of the other thread on ignore then? Anyway, Phil has stopped me 'crossing the road' and I'm ok with that. Move on all you board prefects.

The last 2 threads you've started have been pulled. It doesn't take a genius to spot the common denominator.
Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:11 - Apr 22 with 2138 viewsnoggin

Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:10 - Apr 22 by _clive_baker_

The last 2 threads you've started have been pulled. It doesn't take a genius to spot the common denominator.

Yes, the forum mob 😂

Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:12 - Apr 22 with 2136 viewsPhilTWTD

Perhaps a little more civility... on 11:58 - Apr 22 by NeedhamChris

Does that apply to threads during matches? We tend to have tonnes of those compared to others that have a 'match' thread.

I was really thinking of off-topic topics rather than football but happy for there to be a discussion on that as well.
Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:46 - Apr 22 with 1932 viewsSitfcB

Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:12 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

I was really thinking of off-topic topics rather than football but happy for there to be a discussion on that as well.

No it’s fine as it is!

It’s part of how TWTD is.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Perhaps a little more civility... on 13:27 - Apr 22 with 1817 viewsZapers

Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:46 - Apr 22 by SitfcB

No it’s fine as it is!

It’s part of how TWTD is.

I agree with you sitters, it's a part of TWTD for as long as I can remember. It never bothers me scrolling down the football threads, and seeing multiple threads on the same subject.

However outside of football, and TWTD is essentially a football forum, multiple threads on the same topic is annoying.
We know who the main perpetrators are, obviously not just trying to wind others up, but to prove how much more knowledgeable they are, and petty point scoring.
Perhaps a little more civility... on 13:33 - Apr 22 with 1760 viewsRyorry

You can read those threads when logged out, then if you can't resist replying, pull down a 'reply' box before logging in. You can then type and post your reply - but of course won't be able to see it unless you log out again ...

Happy to help :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Perhaps a little more civility... on 13:36 - Apr 22 with 1735 viewslowhouseblue

you've blown my mind with "off-topic topics".

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Perhaps a little more civility... on 13:42 - Apr 22 with 1688 viewsChorleyBoy

I'd love a match day thread. Leicester's one for WBA is an absolute treasure as it tracks the emotions of the fans in real time. There's a case for the matchday chatroom serving the same purpose but they don't seem to be saved despite being a great source of fish puns.
Perhaps a little more civility... on 13:45 - Apr 22 with 1679 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, has that one gone as well? You don't help yourself sometimes. As it happens I agreed with that one - I'd have crossed the road too. Unfortunately your actions of posting that new thread ran contrary to you saying you'd avoid confrontation

Anyway, uppa Towen!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Perhaps a little more civility... on 13:53 - Apr 22 with 1608 viewsDJR

In an attempt to cut down threads, it was suggested early on that there should be a separate one for antisemitism and a separate one for the plight of the Palestinians/situation in Gaza. This is something I have followed but this approach appears to have broken down in the last couple of weeks or so.

I would suggest reverting to this approach, although it is to be noted there is no separate thread on Islamophobia, which perhaps is an indication of the profile of those on TWTD.
[Post edited 22 Apr 13:56]
Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:06 - Apr 22 with 1530 viewsblueasfook

Perhaps a little more civility... on 12:11 - Apr 22 by noggin

Yes, the forum mob 😂

We prefer to be known as "Elite posters" if you don't mind.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:08 - Apr 22 with 1480 viewsChurchman

Perhaps a little more civility... on 13:53 - Apr 22 by DJR

In an attempt to cut down threads, it was suggested early on that there should be a separate one for antisemitism and a separate one for the plight of the Palestinians/situation in Gaza. This is something I have followed but this approach appears to have broken down in the last couple of weeks or so.

I would suggest reverting to this approach, although it is to be noted there is no separate thread on Islamophobia, which perhaps is an indication of the profile of those on TWTD.
[Post edited 22 Apr 13:56]

I think that’s fair, though when it comes down to it I don’t think it matters too much how many threads there are on non-football related matters. People can always filter them out/ignore.

The important thing is that people are civil with each other and post as if they were talking face to face. The more views and differing opinions the better the discussion, in my view.
[Post edited 22 Apr 14:57]
Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:15 - Apr 22 with 1416 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:06 - Apr 22 by blueasfook

The WhatsApp Treaty Society will soon launch a range of downvote strikes targeting key Elite posts.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:17 - Apr 22 with 1392 viewsSitfcB

Perhaps a little more civility... on 13:27 - Apr 22 by Zapers

I agree with you sitters, it's a part of TWTD for as long as I can remember. It never bothers me scrolling down the football threads, and seeing multiple threads on the same subject.

However outside of football, and TWTD is essentially a football forum, multiple threads on the same topic is annoying.
We know who the main perpetrators are, obviously not just trying to wind others up, but to prove how much more knowledgeable they are, and petty point scoring.

Yep, yesterday was fun with the Coventry Man Utd game and I like to look back at all the different threads/reactions that happened during our games.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:20 - Apr 22 with 1364 viewsnoggin

Or in your case, 'wannabe elite poster'

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:23 - Apr 22 with 1336 viewsleitrimblue

Feck, you need to speak to Bloots. He just posted a list of elite posters and your name wasn't on it..

I was shocked, thought you were easily top 3 material, but no, yer nowhere to be seen on his 45 man list of elite posters.

Where's the justice?
Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:26 - Apr 22 with 1288 viewsleitrimblue

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:15 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

The WhatsApp Treaty Society will soon launch a range of downvote strikes targeting key Elite posts.

And Blueas, just in case he ups his game and manages to drag himself up to the level of elite posters
Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:31 - Apr 22 with 1243 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:26 - Apr 22 by leitrimblue

And Blueas, just in case he ups his game and manages to drag himself up to the level of elite posters

Blueas is part of the Elite Poster Leadership Group.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:33 - Apr 22 with 1219 viewsRyorry

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:23 - Apr 22 by leitrimblue

Feck, you need to speak to Bloots. He just posted a list of elite posters and your name wasn't on it..

I was shocked, thought you were easily top 3 material, but no, yer nowhere to be seen on his 45 man list of elite posters.

Where's the justice?

Where's the women?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:34 - Apr 22 with 1197 viewsTresBonne

Perhaps a little more civility... on 13:42 - Apr 22 by ChorleyBoy

I'd love a match day thread. Leicester's one for WBA is an absolute treasure as it tracks the emotions of the fans in real time. There's a case for the matchday chatroom serving the same purpose but they don't seem to be saved despite being a great source of fish puns.

I agree with this, I think a match day thread would be really beneficial.

I know it's not how TWTD really is, but I prefer going on other forums (if I ever do) and seeing all the match thoughts in one place.
In the kitchen hopefully…. on 14:45 - Apr 22 with 1125 viewsBloots

Perhaps a little more civility... on 14:33 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

Where's the women?

….gettin my bleedin tea ready!!

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024