Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each 09:52 - May 8 with 4218 viewsitfcjoe

Club have option
Walton - Take the option and then look to sell him in summer, a shame how it has worked out but he just isn't really required here

Burgess - Take the option, look to extend it too

Tuanzebe - Take the option, see how he holds up in PL and then potentially look to extend

Camara - Release, pretend we never signed him and move on

El Mizouni - Take the option and try to sell in the summer, or potentially look to extend it and get him a Championship loan, still feels a player with room to grow

No options
Vaclav Hladky - Agree new long term deal, but realistically he'll be the back up/cup GK

Nick Hayes - Release

Janoi Donacien - Release

Dom Ball - Release

Sone Aluko - Has retired, hopefully find a role in McKenna's staff

Kayden Jackson - Really struggling with this one, I think we may offer him something. We will need 25 senior players in the squad next season, we know 2-3 of them will probably make 5 sub appearances at the top end. Can we recruit someone for that role, or do we just ride with KJ, knowing he won't cause a fuss, will be a dedicated trainer and if called upon can implement KM's instructions to the required level. I'd be tempted to keep him, but he might want to strike whilst iron is hot and go and play in the Championship for a last big contract off the back of the last 2 seasons.
[Post edited 8 May 9:55]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 09:59 - May 8 with 3004 viewspennblue

Keep Jackson, fast and knows the right wing role well.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 09:59 - May 8 with 3003 viewsRimsy

I'd agree with all of that, apart from Jackson. He has no place in the Pl. Surely we can do better now, even as a third or fourth choice.

BlueBlood

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 09:59 - May 8 with 3008 viewsWickets

When Jackson was interviewed on Radio Suffolk seemed as though he was indicating that though thought he would be moving on ! Well that was my take on what he sort of said .
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:00 - May 8 with 2982 viewsKeno

with Jacko it may depend on if some like Derby come in with a good deal that offers him regular football

personally I hope he stays and scores our first winner in the premier league

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:04 - May 8 with 2914 viewsleftback

Don’t think we’d be in a hurry to ship Walton out, a new keeper is a must but lots of prem teams roll with 3 senior keepers
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:08 - May 8 with 2844 viewsWeWereZombies

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:04 - May 8 by leftback

Don’t think we’d be in a hurry to ship Walton out, a new keeper is a must but lots of prem teams roll with 3 senior keepers

We have to make room for Slicker though, definitely one for the future and one we want to keep happy.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:09 - May 8 with 2816 viewsSheffordBlue

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:08 - May 8 by WeWereZombies

We have to make room for Slicker though, definitely one for the future and one we want to keep happy.

Think we might look at getting Slicker out on loan and promote Henry Gray to be the 3rd choice/training keeper. If we were to get an injury to our main keeper emergency keeper loans are relatively easy to arrange.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:09 - May 8 with 2813 viewsWoolfenthen

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:04 - May 8 by leftback

Feel Walton may stay and Slicker moved out on loan as he now is over 21 and would occupy a squad place
Login to get fewer ads

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:09 - May 8 with 2812 viewsyorkshireblue

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:08 - May 8 by WeWereZombies

Just on Slicker, I have absolutely loved seeing him full steam ahead in the promotion celebrations this weekend despite 0 league minutes. Some boy.
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:11 - May 8 with 2783 viewswkj

Keep Janoi too, just because.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:11 - May 8 with 2775 viewsBluebell

By coincidence I read the other day that the Man City 3rd keeper Scott Carson has been with them for 5 years and played in 3 games. He is paid £30,000 a week!
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:15 - May 8 with 2687 viewsjayessess

That all seems rational to me, although I think we'll just offer Tuanzebe a new contract now. Fitness no longer really a concern, been available for every matchday squad since October, started 11 of our last 13 games, completing 90 minutes in 7 of them.

Can't see that we'd leave ourselves exposed to losing him if he has a good season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:17 - May 8 with 2651 viewsyorkshireblue

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:11 - May 8 by Bluebell

By coincidence I read the other day that the Man City 3rd keeper Scott Carson has been with them for 5 years and played in 3 games. He is paid £30,000 a week!

Highest paid groundsman around.

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/scott-carson-work-experience-feature-6384980
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:18 - May 8 with 2646 viewsSitfcB

Keep Jackson, what a story, McKenna loves him and I’d love him to be a Premier League goalscorer.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:19 - May 8 with 2620 viewswkj

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:11 - May 8 by Bluebell

Richard Wright did alright out of being a 3rd string goalie too.

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:24 - May 8 with 2536 viewsKieran_Knows

Good work if you can get it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:26 - May 8 with 2516 viewsLankHenners

KJ's an interesting one - if he wasn't out of contract I don't think there'd be much effort from him or the club to find somewhere else to go but obviously releasing OOC players is an easy way to trim the squad down for more additions, and gives him a clean break if he wants to be more than a bit-part player, which frankly I think he's more than earned given the crap he's had to put up with in his time here.

Suspect we'll be pushing hard to get Aluko into the backroom team somewhere - evidently very popular and we don't want to see too many important players to the 'culture' leave if we can help it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:34 - May 8 with 2373 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

With KJ, we could probably offer him a contract as a back up player thats just as lucrative as a contract that a Champ club would offer him as a first teamer.

I don't think a Top 6 champ club would be in for him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:35 - May 8 with 2350 viewschicoazul

Wait till you find out who his GK coach is.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:36 - May 8 with 2347 viewswkj

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:34 - May 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

With KJ, we could probably offer him a contract as a back up player thats just as lucrative as a contract that a Champ club would offer him as a first teamer.

I don't think a Top 6 champ club would be in for him.

Do you think it is worth it to offer Jackson a new deal knowing the effect it might have on Wallingford Boy?

Tough decision, not one to be taken lightly.

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:36 - May 8 with 2331 viewschicoazul

I’d love to keep Jackson just to continue writing that story. Sadly I think he will go and get a tasty pay day and more games elsewhere.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:38 - May 8 with 2285 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I'd agree with all. I like the explanation on KJ and think it makes sense. Fair enough equally if he gets a big offer and wants to move on.

I'd just offer Axel a new contract.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:43 - May 8 with 2215 viewsnodge_blue

Walton - we do need as we need a good back up keeper as every premier league club has.

agree with all the others.

Jackson - release. Look he could be there as a player who is happy to be in the squad but not make the match day squad. Im ok with that. Let me ask you a question - what level club would take him if he was released? lower championship or league one most likely?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:49 - May 8 with 2108 viewsMuncher

I agree with most of that but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Vas left and Walton came back in as the number one. He is arguably the better shot stopper and his skills with his feet may be less important next year if we become slightly more pragmatic.
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:57 - May 8 with 2023 viewsRadlett_blue

As with Richard Wright, wasn't this about maintaining the necessary number of "home grown" players?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024