Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... 13:28 - May 15 with 5778 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd go with Carrick.

Any other suggestions?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:04 - May 15 with 912 viewsFrimleyBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:41 - May 15 by footers

Moyes. But good reminder. I'll add him to the div list along with the 'over 50s success club'.

Funny how some folk think recently league 1 and championship side ipswich are too good for a European cup winning manager

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:13 - May 15 with 879 viewsportmanking

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:04 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

Funny how some folk think recently league 1 and championship side ipswich are too good for a European cup winning manager

You think David Moyes is a good stylistic fit for the new-look Ipswich Town?

Why do you always feel the need to be controversial or contrarian for contrarian's sake?
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:17 - May 15 with 848 viewsBlueBadger

Give Cookie another go. He deserved more time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:17 - May 15 with 848 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:13 - May 15 by portmanking

Why do you always feel the need to be controversial or contrarian for contrarian's sake?

He just loves the attention, hence why his exile was so short-lived.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:18 - May 15 with 829 viewsFrimleyBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:13 - May 15 by portmanking

I don't think it's controversial to throw in the name of an experienced high level manager who recently won a cup competition, will finish another season in the top 10 of the prem and potentially whilst unlikely, but still potentially, could finish higher than the club we could lose our current manager to.

So yes, If we were looking for a new manager. Would I throw in Moyes's name into the hat, absolutely.

Waka waka eh eh

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:20 - May 15 with 813 viewsFrimleyBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:17 - May 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

He just loves the attention, hence why his exile was so short-lived.

Sorry for answering the OP's question

Waka waka eh eh

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:20 - May 15 with 822 viewsIllinoisblue

Potter. Or Rohl.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:21 - May 15 with 817 viewsBlueBadger

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:04 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

See now, I thought you'd decided 'I shat myself in public once and decided to base my entire personality around it' was old hat after Burns-gate?
[Post edited 15 May 14:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:24 - May 15 with 789 views_clive_baker_

Think it’s probably more to do with the style of play for those who go to games.

Might grind results out but his West Ham team is absolute dross to watch.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:24 - May 15 with 785 viewsburnbudgiesburn

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:20 - May 15 by Illinoisblue

Potter. Or Rohl.

Probably out of our reach - Rohl has a 5m buyout clause, and Potter turned down Ajax.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:26 - May 15 with 770 viewsFrimleyBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:21 - May 15 by BlueBadger

See now, I thought you'd decided 'I shat myself in public once and decided to base my entire personality around it' was old hat after Burns-gate?

Genuinely Badger, I don't get why it's such an awful name to mention.

I'm not against the other names mentioned, I've mentioned potter before, Rohl has done a great job etc too, but it's not often a manager like Moyes becomes available at a time, based on the OP question only.. we could be looking for a manager for our first season back in the prem.

I get people love the town style of play, it's excellent, but we don't know how that changes now we're in the big league, KM has himself mentioned how it's changed league to league, who's to say even under KM next season, it doesn't change again, maybe it has too? we're not there to see it yet, so I think it's too soon to say a manager doesn't suit the ipswich style as we haven't seen what 'prem' style ipswich play.

Waka waka eh eh

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:27 - May 15 with 761 viewsthebooks

Sam Allardyce
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:28 - May 15 with 759 viewswkj

Seems as we're all just picking names, I think it is time for fate to comer full circle...

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:28 - May 15 with 757 viewsBiGDonnie

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:24 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

Think it’s probably more to do with the style of play for those who go to games.

With real quality players too. Would be very surprised to see him in the Prem next season.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:29 - May 15 with 748 viewsElderGrizzly

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:29 - May 15 by Herbivore

Danny Rohl. Or possibly one of KM's coaching team step up if they are interested and don't follow him to United.

If he does go, given all his core team are ex-Utd as well they would definitely follow him.

4 or 5x increase in salary etc i'd imagine too.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:30 - May 15 with 725 viewsFrimleyBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:24 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

I don't tend to watch many non big club games in the prem, but just as an outsider reviewing tables etc, west ham have scored more goals than united this season and more than 12 sides, is it that horrid or is it just west ham fans wanting more?

Waka waka eh eh

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:31 - May 15 with 728 viewsRobTheMonk

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:26 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

Genuinely Badger, I don't get why it's such an awful name to mention.

I'm not against the other names mentioned, I've mentioned potter before, Rohl has done a great job etc too, but it's not often a manager like Moyes becomes available at a time, based on the OP question only.. we could be looking for a manager for our first season back in the prem.

I get people love the town style of play, it's excellent, but we don't know how that changes now we're in the big league, KM has himself mentioned how it's changed league to league, who's to say even under KM next season, it doesn't change again, maybe it has too? we're not there to see it yet, so I think it's too soon to say a manager doesn't suit the ipswich style as we haven't seen what 'prem' style ipswich play.

I don't think Moyes will have an issue finding another job, but I don't him as a progressive manager stylistically with where we're currently at and looking to go as a club.

*Just looked at the league table, Moyes has probably done about as well as he could have done with West Ham this season based on the calibre of teams above them and budgets. I don't think he's the right fit for us though, but he should definitely get another position in the prem.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:35 - May 15 with 693 viewsAlanG296

How about a European Cup winner who signed a five year contract with us less than 5 years ago.?
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:36 - May 15 with 686 views_clive_baker_

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:30 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

I don't tend to watch many non big club games in the prem, but just as an outsider reviewing tables etc, west ham have scored more goals than united this season and more than 12 sides, is it that horrid or is it just west ham fans wanting more?

It’s turgid. 2nd lowest possession in the division, one of the lowest number of passes, one of the highest number of long balls. They’re absolute dross.

Will give him credit he’s got results but it’s not been pretty. There’s a bit of BCWYWF results wise I think, as we had when MM left, but I wouldn’t fancy watching it every week.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:41 - May 15 with 634 viewschicoazul

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:00 - May 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Is his football stylistically similar to ours? I ask that because I’ve not watched a lot of Luton.

Ultimately we need a continuity candidate stylistically to follow on from what’s been ingrained for the last two years. We don’t want someone to come in and tear it up, start all over agin with a new style. Like Rohl and McKenna it would be great to get someone who can develop and improve players, not just coach them.

I disagree with your second paragraph entirely. Iraola for eg plays a totally different style of football from McK so far but he would be an excellent choice.
If the worst came to the worst we need the best man for the job not the best impersonator.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:44 - May 15 with 615 viewssoupytwist

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:24 - May 15 by burnbudgiesburn

Probably out of our reach - Rohl has a 5m buyout clause, and Potter turned down Ajax.

If that's Rohl's buyout clause I'd hope McKenna's is at least the same.

And there's always a bit of room for negotiation surely.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:47 - May 15 with 597 viewsIllinoisblue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:44 - May 15 by soupytwist

If that's Rohl's buyout clause I'd hope McKenna's is at least the same.

And there's always a bit of room for negotiation surely.

I’m hoping KM’s buyout clause is more like 20milllion.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:48 - May 15 with 598 viewsitfcjoe

I like Danny Rohl, and think he'd be a really nice fit - but Steve Cooper may be a slightly safer choice and good PL experience.

Now we are in the PL I don't think we'd go for a first time manager

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:48 - May 15 with 584 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:41 - May 15 by chicoazul

I disagree with your second paragraph entirely. Iraola for eg plays a totally different style of football from McK so far but he would be an excellent choice.
If the worst came to the worst we need the best man for the job not the best impersonator.

I guess we will see if/when the time comes, but I’d be very surprised if Ashton brought in someone who’s going to reinvent the wheel. To refer the candidates as an ‘impersonator ‘is just daft given there are a number of young, progressive coaches who’ll play out from the back, high press, and an impose ab attacking mentality.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:49 - May 15 with 581 viewsElderGrizzly

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:47 - May 15 by Illinoisblue

I’m hoping KM’s buyout clause is more like 20milllion.

I can see a new contract landing on McKenna's desk in the next 2 weeks.

Perfect way to shut this down and reward him for promotion. And put a massive release clause in of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024