Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract 13:40 - May 22 with 13999 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:42 - May 22 with 7002 viewsDanTheMan

He's worth his weight in gold. Whatever we pay him, he'd be worth it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:43 - May 22 with 6951 viewsbazza

Now you’re talking !!! Hopefully this was all McKenna wanted .
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:43 - May 22 with 6887 viewsblueasfook

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:42 - May 22 by DanTheMan

He's worth his weight in gold. Whatever we pay him, he'd be worth it.

I'll chip in a tenner to give him a bit more money

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:44 - May 22 with 6854 viewsZx1988

If you want to avoid clicking through to The Scum, it's allegedly a wage increase to £100k a week/£5m a year. No mention of length/extension.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:44 - May 22 with 6835 viewsGuthrum

Did they get that from the thread on here last night?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:45 - May 22 with 6812 viewsportmanking

Yuuuuup.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:47 - May 22 with 6685 viewsKieran_Knows

I'll be amazed if he signs that until things become a bit clearer with Chelsea and United, but here's hoping I'm wrong!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:49 - May 22 with 6598 viewsZx1988

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:47 - May 22 by Kieran_Knows

I'll be amazed if he signs that until things become a bit clearer with Chelsea and United, but here's hoping I'm wrong!

It's a tricky one, because Kieran seems to hold most of the cards here.

I'm sure Ashton would love to be in a position to say 'the offer's on the table until 5pm Friday', but the club is probably (within reason) going to have to dance to Kieran's tune here.

Login to get fewer ads

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:52 - May 22 with 6455 viewsbazza

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:47 - May 22 by Kieran_Knows

Can’t see Brighton paying £6m compo and £5.2m a year.. and can’t see Chelsea or Man U, actually taking the risk yet.. so quite positive.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:52 - May 22 with 6438 viewsTrequartista

If true it would help with the Brighton situation, but wouldn't make any difference if Chelsea or Man Utd come calling. In fact it would probably still have clauses saying he can leave for those clubs.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:53 - May 22 with 6411 viewsStokieBlue

Obviously hard to know with salaries but a quick google from a few sources shows that would put him joint 6th in PL salaries.

Of course those list could be completely wrong.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:53 - May 22 with 6378 viewsZx1988

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:52 - May 22 by bazza

Can’t see Brighton paying £6m compo and £5.2m a year.. and can’t see Chelsea or Man U, actually taking the risk yet.. so quite positive.

De Zerbi was apparently on £1.5m a year at Brighton, so they'd have to really push the boat out if it were to come down to money on offer.

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:54 - May 22 with 6341 viewsSitfcB

Would we bother offering anything if they thought he was reluctant to sign?

COYB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:55 - May 22 with 6289 viewsMummy_Short_Arms

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:49 - May 22 by Zx1988

It's a tricky one, because Kieran seems to hold most of the cards here.

I'm sure Ashton would love to be in a position to say 'the offer's on the table until 5pm Friday', but the club is probably (within reason) going to have to dance to Kieran's tune here.

Assuming true, how does that work with regards to FFP? Will that reduce our budget to spend on players or is it separate!? Also be interested in the provisions should we be relegated !

Not a Mummy. Don't have short arms.

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:56 - May 22 with 6248 viewsBluroo

Who knows how legit this is but if true absolutely the right move by Ashton, give Kmac a top 6 salary that’ll take 1 variable out of the equation hopefully.

Keeping hold of Kmac is more important than any player signing by a mile.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:56 - May 22 with 6244 viewsKieran_Knows

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:54 - May 22 by SitfcB

Would we bother offering anything if they thought he was reluctant to sign?

You would've thought we'd have got some encouragement from him and his people that he's willing to stay, hence the new contract offer.

But we also don't know how serious the interest is from Chelsea and United. Chelsea might become a bit clearer in the next few days now Poch has gone, but United might not be for another week or 2 depending on their result this weekend and what they do with ETH.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:56 - May 22 with 6238 viewsZx1988

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:55 - May 22 by Mummy_Short_Arms

Assuming true, how does that work with regards to FFP? Will that reduce our budget to spend on players or is it separate!? Also be interested in the provisions should we be relegated !

It would count against FFP but, for this season at least, it would be somewhat of a free hit given that (I would imagine) our budgeting wouldn't have taken into account the £5m windfall brought about by Leeds/Soton not needing additional parachute payments.

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:56 - May 22 with 6244 viewsSwansea_Blue

We've offered the deluxe option haven't we, the board that includes Stilton. I imagine even thrown in a bottle of Port.

I'm a cynic, and although I fully believe KM is behind our project and driven by his desire to achieve high standards, I wouldn't put it passed his agent to be milking (and probably in some cases even creating) all the noise around his future. It's the oldest agent trick in the book using the press to drive up someone's value and earn a nice juicy agent's arranging fee.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:57 - May 22 with 6193 viewsitfcjoe

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:55 - May 22 by Mummy_Short_Arms

It would count against us for the PSR rules, but there isn't a better £5m we could spend this year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:57 - May 22 with 6176 viewsGavTWTD

THIS is what I wanted from Ashton. Hope it's true.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:58 - May 22 with 6165 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

He's just earnt the club a minimum £180M incl. parachute payments.

If he keeps us up next season it's worth at least another £115M.

Plus he's increased the value of the playing squad by £££s.

If anyone is worth £5M a year, KMc is.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:58 - May 22 with 6151 viewsportmanking

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:56 - May 22 by Swansea_Blue

We've offered the deluxe option haven't we, the board that includes Stilton. I imagine even thrown in a bottle of Port.

I'm a cynic, and although I fully believe KM is behind our project and driven by his desire to achieve high standards, I wouldn't put it passed his agent to be milking (and probably in some cases even creating) all the noise around his future. It's the oldest agent trick in the book using the press to drive up someone's value and earn a nice juicy agent's arranging fee.

Oh believe me, his agent is doing OVERTIME. It's not gone down too well internally at Town. Nevertheless, the terms are there for Kieran to sign.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:00 - May 22 with 5693 viewsBossy

This is a GREAT move by ITFC. Brighton will have to presumably move considerably on his wages if they're serious about getting him. And this comes from a owner who is very financially careful. Puts them in a tricky position.

He works here, we know he works here. Brighton can't say the same so it's more of a gamble for them.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:01 - May 22 with 5633 viewsSitfcB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:58 - May 22 by portmanking

Oh believe me, his agent is doing OVERTIME. It's not gone down too well internally at Town. Nevertheless, the terms are there for Kieran to sign.

I said a few days ago that all this could be a prise a new deal here but I’d say it doesn’t need prising as he’d get it anyway!!

COYB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:02 - May 22 with 5584 viewsIP4_Blue

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:58 - May 22 by portmanking

so this new contract is possibly true then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024