Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on 16:00 - May 22 with 33548 viewsBluebacker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Talks with Ipswich are likely to take place this week and the Tractor Boys are expected to offer McKenna a new deal to convince him to stay at Portman Road.

BBC Sport understands that is expected to fail with the manager, and assistant Martyn Pert, feeling the time is right to move.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:17 - May 22 with 2876 viewsTractorCam

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:08 - May 22 by SitfcB

Really don’t want things to turn sour towards them but can’t see it going any other way now…

Anyone who would act sour towards them for wanting to progress their careers is a buffoon.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:17 - May 22 with 2876 viewsIllinoisblue

Really don’t want things to turn sour towards them but can’t see it going any other way now…

I’ll be very sour if he doesn’t give us at least another year. He’s got minimum 20 years left to be a manager, why jump ship now? Makes no sense.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:17 - May 22 with 2879 viewsHighgateBlue

I think most people accepted that we might only get one season out of him in the premier league, almost regardless of how it goes. But if (and it's still an IF) we don't get to see him manage us for even one game in the premier league, that will be one massive shame, and will very much dampen the mood.

Kieran was not a player here like Burley, has not actually been here that long, is not leaving after winning any trophies with us, and is not going to manage England. In that context, yes, I agree that things may turn a little in terms of fans' views of him if he leaves us for a moneyed rival. If people do turn, I think it'll just be the frustration and disappointment. He's just been so amazing, so bright, so well-judged, such a breath of fresh air, and such a decent guy. I'm refusing to believe it at this stage. Fingers in ears time!
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:17 - May 22 with 2878 viewsAsa

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:09 - May 22 by BseaBlue

Nick Mash1tter?

Worked with a couple of Budgies that used to call him something to that effect. Didn't know who they were talking about until I saw one of his posts on Twitter and realised where their nickname for him had come from.

Not quite Fitz Hall but quite inventive for Budgies.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:18 - May 22 with 2827 viewsIP4_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:15 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Not difficult to guess where that will have come from. Heard before that the agent favours Chelsea as KMc's next club. I don't see that happening.

Do you think any truth in that McKenna and Pert feel time is right to move on? and still bit more confident of not going Brighton?
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:19 - May 22 with 2784 viewsIllinoisblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:16 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Think that actually came rather closer than we realised at the time.

Timeline? At what stage of this season - during our sticky Dec/Jan period?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:20 - May 22 with 2689 viewsKieran_Knows

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:19 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Glasner was appointed in Feb, so must've been around that time.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:20 - May 22 with 2686 viewsWeirdFishes

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:17 - May 22 by TractorCam

Anyone who would act sour towards them for wanting to progress their careers is a buffoon.

Essentially abandoning us to go to bloody Brighton just as we’ve reached the Premier League I think is fair reason to turn sour, if it happens that is.

If he goes to Chelsea or Man U fair enough you can’t turn that down. But Brighton? Now? Nah, do one.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:21 - May 22 with 2657 viewsFrimleyBlue

Can they not progress their careers here then? odd, I thought we just got promoted to the prem

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:22 - May 22 with 2612 viewsbluejacko

Here we go again! Same old same old when are people going to stop biting and believing EVERYTHING that’s written.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:23 - May 22 with 2541 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not difficult to guess where that will have come from. Heard before that the agent favours Chelsea as KMc's next club. I don't see that happening.

Can't KM man up and tell his agents to fk off then?

What hold do they have on him. genuine question, is it such a partnership that he goes where ever they decide they want him?

Waka waka eh eh

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:23 - May 22 with 2541 viewsN2_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:20 - May 22 by WeirdFishes

Essentially abandoning us to go to bloody Brighton just as we’ve reached the Premier League I think is fair reason to turn sour, if it happens that is.

If he goes to Chelsea or Man U fair enough you can’t turn that down. But Brighton? Now? Nah, do one.

Why I don’t believe that scummy journalist on the BBC story.

No way would Mckenna and Pert say they think it’s the right time to move on. That’s just made up bullsh*t

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:23 - May 22 with 2526 viewsSwailsey

I slightly disagree. Sourness would be valid here I think. Hopefully he won’t go.
[Post edited 22 May 16:30]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:24 - May 22 with 2497 viewsSitfcB

Yeah cos that c**t will get a mega pay day from them.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:24 - May 22 with 2493 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:19 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Early Feb.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:24 - May 22 with 2444 viewsPaul

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:17 - May 22 by HighgateBlue

I think most people accepted that we might only get one season out of him in the premier league, almost regardless of how it goes. But if (and it's still an IF) we don't get to see him manage us for even one game in the premier league, that will be one massive shame, and will very much dampen the mood.

Kieran was not a player here like Burley, has not actually been here that long, is not leaving after winning any trophies with us, and is not going to manage England. In that context, yes, I agree that things may turn a little in terms of fans' views of him if he leaves us for a moneyed rival. If people do turn, I think it'll just be the frustration and disappointment. He's just been so amazing, so bright, so well-judged, such a breath of fresh air, and such a decent guy. I'm refusing to believe it at this stage. Fingers in ears time!

Precisely this.

I naively thought that once we clinched promotion we would not be seeing all this talk this summer. If they want to move on then there's nothing we can do but it would leave a sour taste and it would be a massive disappointment that they didn't even give the PL a try with us after getting us there. I personally wouldn't understand it given McKenna has no PL experience either, but each to their own.

Regardless, this whole saga is now getting very, very tiresome and just want it resolved one way or another, it's not a good start for PL preparations.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:25 - May 22 with 2385 viewsFrimleyBlue

I thought there was something in that, As Km after promotion said something about glad he stuck with it..

Waka waka eh eh

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:26 - May 22 with 2352 viewsstrikalite

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:23 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

What hold do they have on him. genuine question, is it such a partnership that he goes where ever they decide they want him?

If there was ever a man who didn't need an agent it would be KM!
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:26 - May 22 with 2357 viewsPhilTWTD

They are being rather more aggressive than you'd imagine Kieran would like. At the end of the day, their job is to put their client in what they view as the best position they can. However, I'm not sure this is doing him any good assuming he doesn't go to Man U or Chelsea.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:26 - May 22 with 2314 viewsIP4_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:24 - May 22 by Paul

Precisely this.

I naively thought that once we clinched promotion we would not be seeing all this talk this summer. If they want to move on then there's nothing we can do but it would leave a sour taste and it would be a massive disappointment that they didn't even give the PL a try with us after getting us there. I personally wouldn't understand it given McKenna has no PL experience either, but each to their own.

Regardless, this whole saga is now getting very, very tiresome and just want it resolved one way or another, it's not a good start for PL preparations.

Agreed, this is tiresome and doing my head in, if he goes then we can move on
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:27 - May 22 with 2232 viewsZx1988

That's what baffles me with agents, and I've mentioned it previously in the context of Lukaku's move to Chelsea/Man Utd, where the agent seemingly chose the option which worked best for them, despite RL wanting to move to the other team.

How is it that agents manage to hold so much sway over their clients? Are there clauses in the representation contracts that oblige the client to follow the agent's advice?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:27 - May 22 with 2187 viewsFrimleyBlue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:26 - May 22 by strikalite

If there was ever a man who didn't need an agent it would be KM!

I just don;t get this KM isn't happy with his agents stuff, or his agents want him to go to chelsea.. Just get rid of them and get another agent.

Waka waka eh eh

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:28 - May 22 with 2178 viewsTrequartista

It was the "I've shown loyalty" quote from McKenna in your "I love it here" story that made me suspect he was offered the job and turned it down.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:28 - May 22 with 2171 viewsSitfcB

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:25 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

I thought there was something in that, As Km after promotion said something about glad he stuck with it..

Was shocked when I heard earlier this week just how far it had got!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:29 - May 22 with 2099 viewsITFCBlues

The club and MA must be going mad at all this speculation. Constant noise the last few days & today alone we've had new contracts being discussed & now that KM & Pert both want to leave!

Like you say, i don't see Chelsea happening. Would be a massive risk for them, but then they're an absolute shambles in all honesty so anything is possible.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024