Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Trafford it is then 19:39 - May 23 with 6318 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Old Trafford it is then on 20:43 - May 23 with 1501 viewsHerbivore

Old Trafford it is then on 20:43 - May 23 by Illinoisblue

Itā€™s way past time for a club statement.

What are they meant to say?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Old Trafford it is then on 20:50 - May 23 with 1420 viewsIllinoisblue

Old Trafford it is then on 20:43 - May 23 by Herbivore

What are they meant to say?

I donā€™t know. Something like ā€œshut up q****ā€ just for the bantz.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Old Trafford it is then on 20:55 - May 23 with 1357 viewsPique

Tuchel currently the frontrunner for the United job according to The Guardian.

Even if they have talked to his representatives, it doesn't mean he'll get offered it.
Old Trafford it is then on 21:15 - May 23 with 1261 viewsReusersTown

Old Trafford it is then on 20:31 - May 23 by SitfcB

Weā€™re getting to a stage where fans are going to resent him even if he stays. Itā€™s getting messy.

His agent is truly is a miracle worker, heā€™s somehow managing to turn our fan base against McKenna a month after all weā€™ve been through.I would have genuinely though that impossible, but heā€™s starting to lose me too.
Old Trafford it is then on 21:16 - May 23 with 1242 viewsitfc48

Didnā€™t this used to be called tapping up?
Old Trafford it is then on 21:27 - May 23 with 1172 viewsBigalhunter

Old Trafford it is then on 20:03 - May 23 by itfcsuth

Itā€™s actually becoming incredibly unprofessional the public flaunting by his representatives, which is very unlike Kieran McKenna nature.

Of course discussions occur, but the public nature of this is becoming very unprofessional.

Itā€™s also very poor form given Erik Ten Hag is still in a job and has an FA Cup Final this weekend.

Didnā€™t stop Man Utd when they did the same to Van Gaal as he was preparing for an FA Cup Final.

Got rid of him 48 hours later, despite winning the thing.

Canā€™t think Ten Haagā€™s overly motivated for this weekend, given he isnā€™t facing that pillock Pardew in the opposition dug out.
Old Trafford it is then on 21:27 - May 23 with 1174 viewsBent_double

Old Trafford it is then on 20:55 - May 23 by Pique

Even if they have talked to his representatives, it doesn't mean he'll get offered it.

And doesn't have to accept it if it is offered.

Surely he must realise that, while this is his dream job, it's perhaps come a bit too soon for him? It's like meeting your dream partner when you're a teenager, only to quickly realise everythings not as great as you thought it was.

I know it's easy to say now, but I would be waiting a while if I were him - he's so young, that this job is bound to come up again in 5/10 years, when he'll have so much more experience to deal with it.

Imagine if he takes the job and gets sacked in the first year, he won't be able to show his face at OT for a decade.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Old Trafford it is then on 21:29 - May 23 with 1159 viewsRyorry

Old Trafford it is then on 20:31 - May 23 by SitfcB

Weā€™re getting to a stage where fans are going to resent him even if he stays. Itā€™s getting messy.

ā€˜*some*ā€™ fans.

Kindly donā€™t lump all of us into that tacky bracket, thanks.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

Old Trafford it is then on 21:36 - May 23 with 1089 viewsFrimleyBlue

Old Trafford it is then on 21:29 - May 23 by Ryorry

ā€˜*some*ā€™ fans.

Kindly donā€™t lump all of us into that tacky bracket, thanks.

Tbh I'm surprised anyone would give him credit if everything we've read is true.

Absolutely all the credit with what he's achieved. But this is distasteful and a kick in the gut for all the support he's had from the board. Players and the fans.

If everything is true. I'd suggest people have become mckenna fans over ipswich fans if they don't feel even a pinch of resentment.

That's not belittling mckenna and I don't want that to come across that way but we are here as town supporters and we've heard all along about culture. Project. Closeness. Loyalty etc etc and the stuff coming out doesn't match any of that.
[Post edited 23 May 21:41]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Old Trafford it is then on 21:46 - May 23 with 999 viewsRyorry

Old Trafford it is then on 21:36 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Tbh I'm surprised anyone would give him credit if everything we've read is true.

Absolutely all the credit with what he's achieved. But this is distasteful and a kick in the gut for all the support he's had from the board. Players and the fans.

If everything is true. I'd suggest people have become mckenna fans over ipswich fans if they don't feel even a pinch of resentment.

That's not belittling mckenna and I don't want that to come across that way but we are here as town supporters and we've heard all along about culture. Project. Closeness. Loyalty etc etc and the stuff coming out doesn't match any of that.
[Post edited 23 May 21:41]

I guarantee you that everything youā€™ve read is *not* true.

Bizarre that anyone would think it all is.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Old Trafford it is then on 22:14 - May 23 with 874 viewsitfcsuth

Old Trafford it is then on 20:09 - May 23 by Herbivore

How do you know this one is coming from his representatives? They said on Talksport on Simon Jordan's show that a source at United had said there'd been talks, this is very likely Sky hearing the same or rehashing another story.

Reps will be pushing twice as much to media than the clubs will, all a bit too much publicly for my liking.

Edit: I do not begrudge him at all listening to offers from Chelsea & Man Utd by the way, you canā€™t turn your nose up at them clubs, but not a fan of the public approach, conduct the business behind close doors and come to a solid conclusion for all, but thatā€™s just my personal approach.
[Post edited 23 May 22:20]
Old Trafford it is then on 22:21 - May 23 with 820 viewstextbackup

Old Trafford it is then on 22:14 - May 23 by itfcsuth

Reps will be pushing twice as much to media than the clubs will, all a bit too much publicly for my liking.

Edit: I do not begrudge him at all listening to offers from Chelsea & Man Utd by the way, you canā€™t turn your nose up at them clubs, but not a fan of the public approach, conduct the business behind close doors and come to a solid conclusion for all, but thatā€™s just my personal approach.

Chelsea, really?!

Weā€™ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Old Trafford it is then on 22:47 - May 23 with 733 viewsitfcsuth

Old Trafford it is then on 22:21 - May 23 by textbackup

Chelsea, really?!

Come on, of course he would have to listen to Chelsea.

Champions League winner, Premier League winner, significant backing, huge contract, massive club, squad full of talent and European football next year.

We have step out of the snow globe of Ipswich and look at the bigger picture.
Old Trafford it is then on 23:02 - May 23 with 654 viewsBossy

Old Trafford it is then on 19:50 - May 23 by Metal_Hacker

Starting to not only dislike the situation but the reason why these stories are coming out

This could easily be nipped in the bud no ?

Both KMcK and the club come out and make an announcement if heā€™s staying

On the contrary if heā€™s not , just get it done and move on

I think the former wonā€™t happen as weā€™re very much well into the latter situation.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Old Trafford it is then on 23:07 - May 23 with 626 viewsTrequartista

Old Trafford it is then on 20:55 - May 23 by Pique

Also Pochettino was sacked *after* Man Utd allegedly spoke with McKenna's representatives.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Old Trafford it is then on 23:07 - May 23 with 622 viewsHerbivore

Old Trafford it is then on 22:14 - May 23 by itfcsuth

But McKenna isn't the only manager being linked to these posts. Some (perhaps a lot) of the speculation isn't under his or his representatives' control. There's a lot of news space to fill.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Old Trafford it is then on 23:16 - May 23 with 571 viewsbaxterbasics

Man U and Chelsea are compiling shortlists. McKenna is on them. This is all.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Old Trafford it is then on 23:46 - May 23 with 520 viewsitfcsuth

Old Trafford it is then on 23:07 - May 23 by Herbivore

But McKenna isn't the only manager being linked to these posts. Some (perhaps a lot) of the speculation isn't under his or his representatives' control. There's a lot of news space to fill.

Some will be driven by club, but it will largely driven by reps in this circumstance, they are the real beneficiary in having it perceived that ā€˜theirā€™ man is the most in demand manager, and that multiple big clubs are calling, purely to force hands and hold bargaining power.

I suppose it just comes with the territory wherever the big clubs are involved, they fill the headlines, but just personally donā€™t like it all playing out in the media, would rather none of us know, absolutely hold the discussions in confidence and conclude a deal if thatā€™s best for all.

I do agree though, heā€™s not the only name being linked, and nothing decided from any club yet, seems the big boys are just eyeing up all the top talent at the moment before they make their decision.

Personally, Brighton is a bigger concern for me, and a more realistic alternative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024