Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna spotted at Stansted 20:59 - May 23 with 3085 viewsDublinBlue84

A few of our supporters were photographed on 18th May (last week) with McKenna at Stansted.

[Post edited 23 May 21:04]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:02 - May 23 with 2947 viewsitfcjoe

He was going to NI

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:03 - May 23 with 2924 viewsDarkBrandon

Can you fly from Stansted to Manchester? Sky scanner isn’t showing anything.

And if you weren’t starting from North Essex. Would you?
McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:03 - May 23 with 2893 viewsDinDjarin

He was going back to his parents in Ireland.
McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:04 - May 23 with 2875 viewsDublinBlue84

McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:03 - May 23 by DarkBrandon

Sorry, I appear to have been misled, have changed post.
[Post edited 23 May 21:05]

McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:04 - May 23 with 2855 viewsfloridaboy

It was reported his representatives met with United officials, not McKenna himself

Surely as he is under contract to us the club would have to give him permission to speak to other clubs. That has not been reported unless I missed it!
McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:05 - May 23 with 2781 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

The Sky News report said KMcK's representatives have met with ManUre officials. Not Kieron himself.
McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:05 - May 23 with 2778 viewsDublinBlue84

McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:04 - May 23 by floridaboy

It was reported his representatives met with United officials, not McKenna himself

Surely as he is under contract to us the club would have to give him permission to speak to other clubs. That has not been reported unless I missed it!

That's the bit I don't get, how can they have held talks if we haven't given them permission, surely that would make it an illegal approach, or are representatives allowed to have that discussion but he is not?

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:06 - May 23 with 2758 viewsSitfcB

He went to Ireland for a few days.

When he was asked if he was leaving he said ‘no’.

Make of that what you will

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:07 - May 23 with 2699 viewsPhilTWTD

He was in Ipswich today.
McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:07 - May 23 with 2686 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:05 - May 23 by DublinBlue84

That's the bit I don't get, how can they have held talks if we haven't given them permission, surely that would make it an illegal approach, or are representatives allowed to have that discussion but he is not?

Well, yes, it would be 'tapping up', but as I mentioned above, his reps met them, not KMcK himself. Is that also illegal? I don't know how they'd police that when agents represent multiple players and managers.

Also, it happens all the time, regardless.
McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:08 - May 23 with 2629 viewsJ2BLUE

McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:03 - May 23 by DarkBrandon

The only place in England you can fly to from Stansted is Newquay.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Talks with Wanderers? (n/t) on 21:12 - May 23 with 2509 viewsBloots

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:07 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

He was in Ipswich today.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:13 - May 23 with 2483 viewsnodge_blue

He was in Ipswich today.

Ashton said he was in every day last week helping with player selection. I wonder how thats panning out in reality. Its going to be hard approaching anyone without it being clear who the manager is.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:26 - May 23 with 2233 viewsBloomBlue

McKenna spotted at Stansted on Flight to Manchester on 21:08 - May 23 by J2BLUE

The only place in England you can fly to from Stansted is Newquay.

Excluding private jets from Stansted to Manchester I presume?
McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:47 - May 23 with 1986 viewsHelp

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:06 - May 23 by SitfcB

But he was leaving to go to Ireland
McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:49 - May 23 with 1939 viewsHelp

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:13 - May 23 by nodge_blue

Ashton said he was in every day last week helping with player selection. I wonder how thats panning out in reality. Its going to be hard approaching anyone without it being clear who the manager is.

So whilst Kieran was at Portman Road/ Training Ground his reps were all over the country raising his profile with other Premier League clubs.???
McKenna spotted at Stansted on 23:07 - May 23 with 1480 viewshatch

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:06 - May 23 by SitfcB

I went and visited their family hotel on Monday as was in the area and saw his brother doing some maintenance and talked to reception but no sign of him sadly. Really bad attempt at creepy stalker work by me
McKenna spotted at Stansted on 23:08 - May 23 with 1464 viewsTrequartista

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 21:13 - May 23 by nodge_blue

Not helped by having not appointed a head of recruitment yet.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 05:36 - May 24 with 1150 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

He was in Ipswich today.

Do you know if he is still going into the training ground - hopefully planning for next season?

Or is he on annual leave (or whatever it's called in football).
McKenna spotted at Stansted on 06:05 - May 24 with 1068 viewslurcher

He said a couple of things when those fans had a chat with him. He stated that he expected to be here next season maybe even two seasons. But that it was his desire to manage Manchester United
McKenna spotted at Stansted on 06:47 - May 24 with 933 viewsvictorysquad

McKenna spotted at Stansted on 23:07 - May 23 by hatch

I went and visited their family hotel on Monday as was in the area and saw his brother doing some maintenance and talked to reception but no sign of him sadly. Really bad attempt at creepy stalker work by me

I suspect that type of thing he would need to get used to a lot more if he moves. Really not sure he is ready for it, I get he backs himself and is super ambitious, but I really fear for him if he moves.

I look back over the past season and we have been out thought tactically on a couple of occasions. You could argue if he had a better set of players he would be even more effective than he has been, but I just feel like the fans would turn on him pretty quickly if things did not go as planned. He has got nothing to fall back onto for the fans to point to and say 'well he did this at Bayern, or he did this at Inter', or he 'won a European cup at Ipswich'. So, they will very quickly turn and say 'why did we employ a manager with no premier league experience' ?

I mean he will be up against people like Arteta, Klop (or Klop level), Pep even Eddie Howe who has got a ton of experience compared to McKenna. I have seen nothing to suggest he can outthink these managers... not yet at least. Could be wrong, but I still think it is a massive risk for him.

I think the Bayern offer is a real game changer too, it just goes to show that people recognise that it is an incredibly tough gig to get a newly promoted side to stay up in the Premier League, and it is actually the playing style and principles they are interested in investing into.

So when people at the club say 'it is a free hit' for him, it really is. We are expected to finish bottom.

I think he should stay, and agree with Sir Jim that he gets a couple of years experience with us first. We can even take a couple of Man Utd youngsters too.
[Post edited 24 May 6:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024