Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we still want him? 07:32 - May 24 with 5361 viewsBlooos

With everything going on with McKenna, even if he does end up staying, surely there’s now going to be a saltiness in the air? He’s clearly interested in other things and not 100% on us.. do we even want him anymore? With us going into the transfer market, it’s going to put potential players off coming here with all this noise now as a lot of players would join because of him. We can probably be sure Omari won’t be coming back now after all this.

I know he obviously isn’t an Ipswich fan like we are and clearly doesn’t have a connection to the club as much as we thought he did, clearly he’s more of a businessman than we thought. But we gave him his chance.

If he goes anywhere other than Man Utd which is clearly the job he wants then he can get fcked. Would be hoping he gets a hostile reaction if he returned as Brighton or Chelsea boss.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Do we still want him? on 07:36 - May 24 with 3486 viewsBarcaBlue

Shut up!
Do we still want him? on 07:37 - May 24 with 3484 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, obviously

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we still want him? on 07:39 - May 24 with 3452 viewstractorboy1978

Do we want one of the best young managers in the world to be our manager still? Yes, I would say.

Anyone that can wish him any ill after taking us from 11th in L1 to the Premier League in 2 and a half years is silly.
Do we still want him? on 07:42 - May 24 with 3411 viewsHerbivore

Yes, of course we still want him. He's an incredibly talented manager who has done amazing work here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do we still want him? on 07:45 - May 24 with 3370 viewsGlasgowBlue

This getting silly now. Thread after thread slagging off McKenna.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Do we still want him? on 07:46 - May 24 with 3369 viewsmutters

It's posts like this that make me think that maybe McKenna is best placed elsewhere.

The fallout has been incredible and shows how immature a chunk of our fanbase is. As soon as we get a bump in the road, tears start flowing. Clearly, some of our fans aren't yet grown up enough to deal with the real world.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Do we still want him? on 07:50 - May 24 with 3324 viewsHerbivore

Do we still want him? on 07:45 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

Agreed, it's really rather pathetic and the toxicity they're creating is hardly likely to persuade McKenna to stay (thankfully I doubt he reads social media). I think a wormhole might have opened between the news comments and the forum as I don't recognise the usernames of most of the worst culprits.

Do we still want him? on 07:54 - May 24 with 3289 viewsMattinLondon

The OP should be given a straight red card.
[Post edited 24 May 7:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Do we still want him? on 07:57 - May 24 with 3237 viewsReuser_is_God

Yes, of course we fcuking do.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Do we still want him? on 08:01 - May 24 with 3189 viewsMattinLondon

Do we still want him? on 07:45 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

Totally agree. I don’t want to waste Phil’s time but I’m now tempted to use the abuse tab for all posts like this one. I don’t care about free speech anymore. It’s simply getting embarrassing.
Do we still want him? on 08:03 - May 24 with 3182 viewsGavTWTD

Of course we want him but I would expect this media storm every time a premiership manager gets sacked. It would be tense wouldn't it. We need this sorted ASAP but in reality it hasn't been going on long, and just for another 7 days max I would say.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Do we still want him? on 08:05 - May 24 with 3153 viewsHerbivore

Do we still want him? on 08:03 - May 24 by GavTWTD

Of course we want him but I would expect this media storm every time a premiership manager gets sacked. It would be tense wouldn't it. We need this sorted ASAP but in reality it hasn't been going on long, and just for another 7 days max I would say.

I think if we ride out these current vacancies we'll actually be okay until next summer. McKenna turned down Palace midseason when there was no guarantee we'd be a Prem side come the end of the season and I think with the way he works he'd be reluctant to jump ship in the middle of the season. There might be exceptions to that, such as a United or Liverpool or City, but I'd be surprised to see any of those jobs become vacant midseason anyway.

Do we still want him? on 08:05 - May 24 with 3153 viewsBlueBoots

Can this post be moved to the Football section?

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Do we still want him? on 08:32 - May 24 with 3028 viewsbsw72

Dear god, I know all clubs have fans like this but still . . . .
Do we still want him? on 08:35 - May 24 with 2997 viewsLibero

What. On. Earth.
Do we still want him? on 08:36 - May 24 with 2975 viewsVic

Yes, absolutely

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Do we still want him? on 08:52 - May 24 with 2832 viewsLibero

Do we still want him? on 08:03 - May 24 by GavTWTD

Worst thing about it, is that it’s going to happen again and again as long as Kieran McKenna is manager.
I just hope the supporters having big reactions to it this first time around find a way to manage through any time after this that he’s linked with jobs that doesn’t involve the spiralling out of control with vitriol and hyperbole and winding one another up.

It’s par for the course with having one of the brightest managerial prospects in world football.
Do we still want him? on 08:56 - May 24 with 2801 viewsberkstractorboy

Yes if he wants to be here.
Do we still want him? on 08:58 - May 24 with 2782 viewspointofblue

Do we still want him? on 08:52 - May 24 by Libero

Worst thing about it, is that it’s going to happen again and again as long as Kieran McKenna is manager.
I just hope the supporters having big reactions to it this first time around find a way to manage through any time after this that he’s linked with jobs that doesn’t involve the spiralling out of control with vitriol and hyperbole and winding one another up.

It’s par for the course with having one of the brightest managerial prospects in world football.

It's not him being linked that's upsetting many IMO. it's the constant leaks - whether true or not. Him and Pert wanting to move on, the 'come and get me' to Chelsea, meeting United's representatives whilst they still have a manager in post.

I'm now trying to tell myself it's all hearsay - take a step back and only react to concrete news. But it isn't always easy and I can see why some are feeling put out by what's out there already. If he stays, I'm going to have to fight for logic to win over emotion.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Do we still want him? on 09:14 - May 24 with 2697 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Threads like this are turning us into a laughing stock with their self-entitled idiotic twaddle. FFS some of you - get a grip

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Do we still want him? on 09:22 - May 24 with 2628 viewsLibero

Do we still want him? on 08:58 - May 24 by pointofblue

It's not him being linked that's upsetting many IMO. it's the constant leaks - whether true or not. Him and Pert wanting to move on, the 'come and get me' to Chelsea, meeting United's representatives whilst they still have a manager in post.

I'm now trying to tell myself it's all hearsay - take a step back and only react to concrete news. But it isn't always easy and I can see why some are feeling put out by what's out there already. If he stays, I'm going to have to fight for logic to win over emotion.

Kieran McKenna is going to be a media darling, he has a wonderful story and incredible potential, this is just going to be the norm now.
Do we still want him? on 09:30 - May 24 with 2577 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

I hope he stays and gives us a season in the Prem, after that its up to him. If he leaves after a season in the top tier no matter what happens his reputation will be intact. If he opts to walk away to a 'bigger club' I would feel like I have been dumped by my girlfriend and I would never wish her well after that and I'd pray that she ended up homeless. In the event of Kieran returning to Portman Road in his Man U or Chelsea tracksuit I for one and many others will not applaud him. Mark Ashton and his team introduced Kieran, gave him a chance and the opportunity to be where he is, so he should at least stay for another season. The analogy is rather tongue in cheek by the way!
Do we still want him? on 09:33 - May 24 with 2540 viewsEuropablue

Do we still want him? on 07:37 - May 24 by itfcjoe

Yes, obviously

If he leaves for Brighton, I don't him anymore.
Do we still want him? on 09:43 - May 24 with 2461 viewsLibero

Do we still want him? on 09:30 - May 24 by BrentwoodBlagger2

I hope he stays and gives us a season in the Prem, after that its up to him. If he leaves after a season in the top tier no matter what happens his reputation will be intact. If he opts to walk away to a 'bigger club' I would feel like I have been dumped by my girlfriend and I would never wish her well after that and I'd pray that she ended up homeless. In the event of Kieran returning to Portman Road in his Man U or Chelsea tracksuit I for one and many others will not applaud him. Mark Ashton and his team introduced Kieran, gave him a chance and the opportunity to be where he is, so he should at least stay for another season. The analogy is rather tongue in cheek by the way!

To take your tongue in cheek analogy and run with it…

The OP is akin to being with a beautiful woman, going out with her and being upset that she’s turning heads or that people want to talk to her.
You’re seething and work yourself up about it so much that you get to the point where you say you don’t want to be with her because of it- cutting your nose off to spite your face in the process.
Do we still want him? on 09:46 - May 24 with 2419 viewspointofblue

Do we still want him? on 09:43 - May 24 by Libero

To take your tongue in cheek analogy and run with it…

The OP is akin to being with a beautiful woman, going out with her and being upset that she’s turning heads or that people want to talk to her.
You’re seething and work yourself up about it so much that you get to the point where you say you don’t want to be with her because of it- cutting your nose off to spite your face in the process.

Hmm but is the beautiful woman going on dating apps, saying she is looking to improve on who she's with (or allowing her friend to do this for her)?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024